• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Even tho i like squirtle, he's not coming back. Liking a character is not reason enough for it to come back. Every character who was cut, was liked by someone.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am aware of that, but that's why they shouldn't have given greninja water katanas at all if sceptile was going to be in the game!
That's because theyre going for a gen I - V - VI trio. Serperior is superior

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
The fact that Snivy was shown amongst the other Pokeball Pokemon, I'm very sceptile skeptical of Serperior's superiority. If it were the third starter, I would not complain, other than pointing out they missed out on prime time promotion of OR/AS not using Sceptile.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
And serperiors complete lack of prominence anywhere, such as the anime

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Serperior is my next favorite starter so I would be hyped for Serperior too and could move past Sceptile's absence. Only thing is, how would he manipulate items?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Serperior is my next favorite starter so I would be hyped for Serperior too and could move past Sceptile's absence. Only thing is, how would he manipulate items?
Tip of tail. Or dont pichu and pikachu use their mouth?

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Tip of tail. Or dont pichu and pikachu use their mouth?
But wait, this just now occurred to me, can snakes jump? O_o i feel like it would look really awkward for a huge snake to be slithering around with guns being held by his tail and jumping around.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
But wait, this just now occurred to me, can snakes jump? O_o i feel like it would look really awkward for a huge snake to be slithering around with guns being held by his tail and jumping around.
Some snakes can lunge and throw themselfs. It could coil up and spring jump.

D

Deleted member

...doesn't Serperior also have arms, just really short ones?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He would be all whips, and not rely on something similar to Greninja. Either game (V or III) deserves a character to represent them, so I would be fine with either. Even if they aren't the best choices from those Generations (Zoroark, Doexys, Gardevior)

B> Vine whip: Serperior's tail extents and lashes out like zamus' whip.
B^ Leaf Tornado: A flurry of leaves engulf serperior as it is lifted into the air a short ways. (Does a good deal of damage to those around it)
B Gastric Acid: A chargable (think squirtle's water gun) acid liquid that can be spit at opponents. The more you charge the more % it will wrack up on a hit opponent.
BV Leer: Serperior stops an opponent dead in their tracks with a nasty glare. Stuns opponents.

would be a nice, moveset.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
They did an awesome job on Mega Swampert too, but hot damn. Mega Sceptile looks like a fk'ing beast!

Get the hype train engines warmed back up folks! Perfect timing for E3! Coincidence? I thinketh not.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mega Sceptile looks killer, and I'm fairly surprised at that considering I've not been a big fan of the majority of Mega Evolutions.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Mega Sceptile is now the first Grass/Dragon type Pokémon! ( Just felt like pointing that out ) Which is an awesome type combination but now Ice types are even more of a threat to him. I wish they had given him different ability not that Lightningrod is bad or anything.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I didnt even realize that was supposed to be Diancie. Also, that Grass/Dragon typing. and lightning rod with double electric resistance? That could make for some sick doubles matches.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Mega Scpetile is now the first Grass/Dragon type Pokémon! ( Just felt like pointing that out ) Which is an awesome type combination but now Ice types are even more of a threat to him. I wish they had given him different ability not that Lightningrod is bad or anything.
Ice types are largely going to be ohkoing him even with out the dragon typing. That's his biggest set back perhaps, but his speed and power with dragon-stab is going to make him a dragon slayer, now with nuetral fire damage.

Edit: also fairies

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Ice types are largely going to be ohkoing him even with out the dragon typing. That's his biggest set back perhaps, but his speed and power with dragon-stab is going to make him a dragon slayer, now with nuetral fire damage.
I noticed the resistance he would get from Fire type attacks now however i didn't notice until you pointed it out of how much of a Dragon slayer he would be.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I didnt even realize that was supposed to be Diancie. Also, that Grass/Dragon typing. and lightning rod with double electric resistance? That could make for some sick doubles matches.
Lightning Rod gives immunity.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Ugh, Mega Swampert is ugly. But hey, we're one step closer to playable Sceptile in Smash. I'm getting the same vibe form him I got from Greninja, so I guess it's possible.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mega Sceptile looks amazing, period. The rest of the Mega Evos are great too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Poor Pikachu is going to have a tough time handling Sceptile's Final Smash with that Lightning Rod.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping Sceptile receives some nice buffs to his special movepool, which has always been lacking.

I'm super hyped right now. I knew it was coming, but to actually see it is glorious.

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
Ounce again the choice between Sceptile and Swampert is going to be impossible, that dragon typing vs those Anchor arms... total bull there is no Mega metagross.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Ounce again the choice between Sceptile and Swampert is going to be impossible, that dragon typing vs those Anchor arms... total bull there is no Mega metagross.
There still could be, I don't see why they would show all the Megas pre-release. I would expect Mega-Metagross to not be shown until the champion battle.

Gune

Smash Lord
There still could be, I don't see why they would show all the Megas pre-release. I would expect Mega-Metagross to not be shown until the champion battle.
I doubt it Stevens signature pokemon is metagross but he's using a mega charizard x, Honestly kinda killed my hype for my favorite champion so I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom