• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I doubt it Stevens signature pokemon is metagross but he's using a mega charizard x, Honestly kinda killed my hype for my favorite champion so I hope I'm wrong.
There still could be, I don't see why they would show all the Megas pre-release. I would expect Mega-Metagross to not be shown until the champion battle.
This, but more:

Steven Stone is looking for the secret to mega-evolution throughout the game apparently, it seems fitting for him to acquire said power for the final battle! The Charizard X is likely just the mega he first encountered, and sent him on his journey to find the Metagross-ite!

If Megametagross doesn't have Download as his ability though, I will be all sorts of dissapoint! He's a frikkin' CPU! Everyone will totally run Agility sweep mega-metagross though...

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It'd be cool if we got Mewtwo and Sceptile.
Yea. I wish all this news on pokemon helped Sceptile's chances but I know it doesn't. Mewtwo is still very likely. So thats some good news.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it Stevens signature pokemon is metagross but he's using a mega charizard x, Honestly kinda killed my hype for my favorite champion so I hope I'm wrong.
He could be just using Mega-Charizard to show the player how Mega-Evolution works. That's what I'm hoping at least.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
There might actually be another Mega evo guru in Hoen to give the Main charecter a ME ring too.
ME Bangle, but Steven is pretty involved in the plot by the sounds of it, so I think it's him who introduces you to the concept.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
1. Hoenn confirmed
2. Mega Sceptile confirmed
3. ????

4. Profit! Sceptile confirmed 4 Smash

Checklist almost complete everyone!

Gune

Smash Lord
ME Bangle, but Steven is pretty involved in the plot by the sounds of it, so I think it's him who introduces you to the concept.
That's what I was actually thinking Steven could introduce you to the concept like sycamore did in XY, but then you'll probably have to find the Guru to do the mega evolving since I'm pretty sure that Steven won't have a extra mega keystone just lying around.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
OH YEAH COROCORO IS THE BEST THING EVER!

I will be choosing Swampert though, but the thing is now that the remakes are gaining "mega" attention, one Gen 3 pokemon WILL. WILL be joining the battle. Atom Grou- I mean Sceptile confirmed.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't know, with Mega Zard, Mega Lucario, and quite possibly Mega Mewtwo, wouldn't four Megas end up being the new Landmaster?

Grass/Dragon though. Sounds awesome, though I wonder what the ability will be.

EDIT: Nevermind. Lightening Rod huh? That'll be nice for switching in.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Why is Lightning Rod on it if it is already double immune?

I'm just saying that that is strange logic.
Resistant, not immune. However Lighting Rod is also on quite a few Ground types, which truly doesn't make sense because Ground is already immune to Electric.

Personally I think Unburden (Sceptile's inaccessible hidden ability) is better.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Keep in mind a lot of the competitive scene in pokemon is based on double battles, and in those lightning rod means that your teammate won't be receiving electric type attacks, PLUS your already godly special attack goes up.

I'm hyped. Even if Sceptile isn't in Smash he just skyrocketed to top ten pokemon list thanks to the dreamed of Grass/Dragon typing.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind a lot of the competitive scene in pokemon is based on double battles, and in those lightning rod means that your teammate won't be receiving electric type attacks, PLUS your already godly special attack goes up.
Yep, the main competitive format for Nintendo, VGC Rules is based around double battles and has been for some time. This mega is obviously built with that in mind. Kinda dissapointed that Swampert didn't get Multiscale or Drizzle but that's not too relevant to this.

Now that the inevitable Mega Sceptile has been revealed, I'm throwing my support in for my first ever Pokemon. T'would be amazing to see Sceptile in, even at the expense of Mewtwo or Jigglypuff.

SketchFox7

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, with Mega Zard, Mega Lucario, and quite possibly Mega Mewtwo, wouldn't four Megas end up being the new Landmaster?

Grass/Dragon though. Sounds awesome, though I wonder what the ability will be.

EDIT: Nevermind. Lightening Rod huh? That'll be nice for switching in.
Not if it's done differently, the three Landmasters are all the exact same. Mega Evolution could have differences among them all, we're not even 100% sure that Mega Lucario is Lucario's Final Smash. I could see Mega Mewtwo Y functioning similar to Super Sonic, Mega Sceptile could be similar to Marth's perhaps. I don't think every Mega Evolution will function the same exact way.

Lightning Rod doesn't make the Pokémon immune, it just draws electric attacks to boost Sp. Attack.
As of Gen V, it does make the Pokémon immune.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Not if it's done differently, the three Landmasters are all the exact same. Mega Evolution could have differences among them all, we're not even 100% sure that Mega Lucario is Lucario's Final Smash. I could see Mega Mewtwo Y functioning similar to Super Sonic, Mega Sceptile could be similar to Marth's perhaps. I don't think every Mega Evolution will function the same exact way.

As of Gen V, it does make the Pokémon immune.
That's true, but I'm sure some will complain anyway as per the norm.

Also Mega Sceptile can't be paralyzed either.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
That's true, but I'm sure some will complain anyway as per the norm.

Also Mega Sceptile can't be paralyzed either.
He can still be paralysed by Glare, Body Slam, Tri-Attack and I'm sure a few others; but yes, he's stun spore and thunder wave immune, which is nice.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Aww baby. that mega is amazing!
If we get a 6th rep in pokemon (assuming jiggs returns, which I'm 90% positive she will), I'd be happy with either Mewtwo or sceptile, not. Wing mad the other didn't make it in.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Y'know, at times like this, I think that there's a secret video game training facility, and they secretly started using "Super Mushrooms" on characters. It only explains why Knuckles, Ike and Swampert are so buff now.

Grant Cridlebaugh

Smash Rookie
I was predicting Sceptile ever since Greninja and Charizard were announced. We have our water and fire starter Pokemon, and since Sceptile is the only one that stands upright, he is very probable.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Lightning Rod is a very odd ability, going from x4 resistance to immunity isn't really all that amazing. Pairing Sceptile up Gyarados would be plenty amazing though.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Too bad that's one of the very few circumstances where the ability helps out a partner while sacrificing a mega evolution. Not something I would be praising

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Not that Mega Gyarados was that good to begin with. Adding weaknesses bugs me.
They really did take an amazing pokemon and made it worse. Gyarados even looks like a constipated fish with his mega evolution. Still amazed me of all these others getting the dragon boost, Gyrados didn't.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
People are forgetting that Lightning Rod not only grants an immunity, but gives +1 special attack, and allows him to block Volt Switch. Switch into a common electric user like Rotom and get a free choice specs, coming from a likely absurd speed stat.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
People are forgetting that Lightning Rod not only grants an immunity, but gives +1 special attack, and allows him to block Volt Switch. Switch into a common electric user like Rotom and get a free choice specs, coming from a likely absurd speed stat.
Oh yeah, Mega Sceptile probably will be a good Rotom-W counter! Except y'know... Will-o-wisp xD

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Mega Sceptile probably will be a good Rotom-W counter! Except y'know... Will-o-wisp xD
Any Rotom-W that Will O's a Sceptile is an idiot who deserves to lose. He'd be a special attacker, and Rotom-W would be decimated by a grass attack for staying in.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Any Rotom-W that Will O's a Sceptile is an idiot who deserves to lose. He'd be a special attacker, and Rotom-W would be decimated by a grass attack for staying in.
Well, it's still not an ideal thing to switch into...

Top Bottom