• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Food Disscusion

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Everyone knows Steelix meat is where it's at. It contains tons of protein and iron.

All joking aside, my girlfriend and I made a fruit salad the other day. I don't have a pic to show, sadly, but it came out great. Grapes, apples (red and green), bananas, strawberries, and kiwis.

I love fruit salad. You should always try to keep in mind which combos work best. I have found that strawberries work well with yoghurt and mint. You should give it a try :3

:059:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
All joking aside, my girlfriend and I made a fruit salad the other day. I don't have a pic to show, sadly, but it came out great. Grapes, apples (red and green), bananas, strawberries, and kiwis.
Which reminds me; has anyone here ever baked a fruit tart? I started making my first attempts at baking and my brother, who bakes frequently, says I need help, lol.

My first time putting dried fruit in yogurt.

Why am I so slow? lol.
Wait until you try trail mix.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So I saw this cool picture on 4chan's Facebook page of an idea for a breakfast sandwich. So I figured, "why not? It looks delicious!". Here's the result:

The top pic is what I saw and tried to copy. The bottom pic is the actual picture I took of my attempt. I put egg, turkey breast, American cheese, and Monterey Jack in it. Sadly, as you can see, it didn't look at all like I had hoped.

The good news, however, is that they still tasted delicious. Even the burnt-looking one didn't taste burnt. The flavors also meshed surprisingly well... really well. That said, I'm going to attempt it a second time, if not later today, then definitely tomorrow morning for breakfast again. Hopefully, I cook it so that it doesn't look beyond overdone next time.

EDIT: Just made my second attempt, aaaaand not much progress, though at least they weren't overcooked this time. After looking at the source image, I've come to the conclusion that I haven't the right type of bread to make what I hoped to create. Despite that though, it still turned out even more delicious than last time. Here's the pic of the second attempt:

The difference this time was that on top of the egg, turkey breast, American and Monterey Jack cheese, I also added some salami and pastrami to it. The presentation, as you can see, is as attractive as the mouth of a man with gingivitis. The taste, as said before, however, turned out amazing.

With that, this has been my second and final attempt. It was a decent effort, but eh. It's a lot of work. :p

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Not a sunny-side-up kind of guy, lol. I'd make an omelette, if that works.

Looks good though, though it doesn't look like it'll taste any different than just mixing the stuff a la regular sandwich.

Will try.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Not a sunny-side-up kind of guy, lol. I'd make an omelette, if that works.

Looks good though, though it doesn't look like it'll taste any different than just mixing the stuff a la regular sandwich.

Will try.
I think the flavors taste differently than they would if they were in a normal sandwich since the flavors are being melted together in a manner similar to that of a grilled cheese sandwich. This is just theory, of course; your analysis could very well be correct.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like bread with breakfast sandwiches.

I prefer biscuits or english muffins

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I just love buttered toast with scrambled eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Alright, my very first post in the Pool Room, better make it a good one...

I really like food.

Like, a lot.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I have. What do you want to know about?
Super late reply, lol.

Basically my tart came out more cake-like than crust-like which lead to the pastry getting a bit of a weird texture since it absorbed some of the fruit's moisture. My bro helped me out a couple days after I made my post once I felt like giving the tart another go. Thanks for the reply though. :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If that happens you can either pre-bake the pie-crust until the dough is a bit crusty and then bake it again with the stuffing or you can "coat" the bottom of the tarte with a layer of whisked egg white before you add the stuffing of the tarte.

:059:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
^
Yup. The recipe my mom gave me told me to do the same when making quiche; coat the crust with a layer of egg white so it doesn't get soggy.

Also, didn't know there was a food discussion. Cool. Hi Gheb.

Someone give me an idea of what to make for breakfast (I need to stop waking up so late). Something with little/no wheat please. And no eggs/tuna.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
yo i want gyros
gyros are top tier
i love the yogurt sauce they poor over it
it's literally a creamy orgasm in your mouth
it's like the thing that happens when you get queso at Qdoba
omfg
give me some gyro recipes mangzzzzz

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate gyros specifically because of the sauce

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just made something delicious

first I made those small shell noodles

then I cooked some beef and seasoned it with taco seasoning

Then I added them together and mixed in a lot of salsa con questo

Last, I crushed tortilla chips and added them to it

I call it Mexican style Mac n' cheese. And it is GOOD.

The tortilla chips are important because of the texture it adds. Texture is very important to me in cooking

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Last night I made some mac and cheese actually, and crushed some potato chips to sprinkle over the top with some scallions.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
For those who like making bread, try melting a block cheese of your choice and after you've let the dough rise for the first time, knead the cheese into the dough (1:2 or 3:4 ratio.) Add some jalapenos slices and grounded garlic and then bake. I make it alongside Chicken Alfredo.

The cheese will make the dough resist stretching and expanding during the yeast action, so this may take some experimentation.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So I tried my hand at making stuffed pasta shells. It contains ground beef mixed with oregano, garlic, chili powder, and A1 Steak Sauce. Stuffed the meat into the noodles, and sprinkled shredded cheese on them, put them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, and here is the end result:

It was a bit on the greasy side, but goodness knows it tasted rather good. I might continue make them more and more often, so that I can keep practicing and perfecting a way to make them not as greasy, and to make them taste as best they can taste (will do trial and error with spices, sauces, and other ingredients).

On a side note, I'm thinking of investing in a fondue pot, that way I can make my own melted cheese using deli cheese instead of the cheap processed cheese (the deli I go to doesn't use processed cheese anyway). I can just taste the mac & cheese I could make, or the cheese omelettes I could do... among other stuff.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Couple of things I've made/eaten in the two weeks I've been home from the States

French lentil bake I made for a Bastille Day potluck

Chocolate cake with strawberries I made for my boyfriend's birthday

Black pudding, poached eggs, keisler fleish (thick cut bacon essentially), braised cabbpage with apple and pear chutney for breakfast at a new cafe.

Toasted loaf caramelised with brown sugar, with espresso and milk poured over it. I think this would be pretty easy to do at home, and is so delicious!

Deconstructed peanut butter cheesecake. awwww yeah. <3

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
^That one post is GODLIKE.
I wish I had stuff to show off, but work doesn't allow me to do much (ironically, as I work in a kitchen).

Top Bottom