• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Food Disscusion

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just noticed the misspelling of the thread's title

"disscusion" rather than "discussion"

it makes me think

is this thread to "diss" and "accuse" food?

hehehehe.

NTA

Smash Lord
I love cooking grits and eggs. I usually cook the eggs scrambled though. Usually eat the grits and eggs together, sometimes with cheese. I haven't eaten grits with boiled eggs yet. Wonder how using milk makes grits more creamy... Has anyone tried eggs with ketchup before?

R0B0T

Smash Rookie
One of my favorite foods is chili. Whether with noodles or nachos, it's amazing. Also, you just can't go wrong with pizza.

NTA

Smash Lord
I've always wanted to try sushi. Never got the chance to though. Must try the chili with noodles. Never heard of that before xD

Anchovies anyone?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've always wanted to try sushi. Never got the chance to though.
Oh my goodness, it so good. I can literally live off of sushi and be perfectly content with it. Those who don't like it (and thus refuse to try it) get the wrong impression that it has a raw fishy taste, but its taste is anything but that. I especially love it with wasabi.

Anchovies anyone?
I love anchovies, and am the only person I know who actually likes it on pizza.

NTA

Smash Lord
I really hope to get to try it sometime soon. I've only had anchovies once though and that was years ago. Must get it next time pizza is ordered.

The Ben

Smash Journeyman
Oh my goodness, it so good. I can literally live off of sushi and be perfectly content with it. Those who don't like it (and thus refuse to try it) get the wrong impression that it has a raw fishy taste.
Are you implying the only people who don't like sushi are the people who've never tried it? I've tried sushi and don't really like it. I don't hate it, I just don't really care much for it.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Just had be a tasty lamb kebab :)

Can't think of a kebab I've had I didn't like.

NTA

Smash Lord
Almost burned a pot of grits yesterday morning. After I put it on the stove, about 2 minutes later it was done. Didn't know that was possible -_- Must not have used enough grits lol. Probably enough for one bowl or less.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's an idea of some of the food I'll be having for my birthday. Gotta love Famous Dave's. <333

To those who suddenly feel hungry because of this, my apologies.

R0B0T

Smash Rookie
Just over the weekend, I had a BBQ chicken ranch pizza. Delicious. Overall, though, my favorite pizza is Hawaiian pizza. I never would have thought pineapples and ham would go together, but it works for me.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Just over the weekend, I had a BBQ chicken ranch pizza. Delicious. Overall, though, my favorite pizza is Hawaiian pizza. I never would have thought pineapples and ham would go together, but it works for me.
Hawaiian definitely ranks high on my favorite pizzas list. I also love any Meat Lovers, with my only complaint being that it's almost always dripping with grease (depending on the pizzeria).

R0B0T

Smash Rookie
Hawaiian definitely ranks high on my favorite pizzas list. I also love any Meat Lovers, with my only complaint being that it's almost always dripping with grease (depending on the pizzeria).
I generally like meat lovers, but I definitely agree that sometimes the grease is excessive. It makes me want to take a napkin and dab off the grease. I have done that sometimes.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I want to try the Chicken and Bacon Ranch Melt and the Chicken Teriyaki, lol.

If I go over there, I'll get one of each xD
They're both great sandwiches, and I would know. If you're going to get one of each, make them both a footlong and go all out. Of course, if one wants to be modest about one's own calorie intake, then 6-inch of each is fine too.
I generally like meat lovers, but I definitely agree that sometimes the grease is excessive. It makes me want to take a napkin and dab off the grease. I have done that sometimes.
For me, there was a pizzeria that had a great meat lovers, and the grease was almost non-existent. Unfortunately, the place closed down after quite a few years. Now every other pizzeria I go to, I have to waste an entire roll of paper towels just to absorb all of the nasty grease from their respective meat lovers. Blech.

P.S. Here's something that made me hungry just now:

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
That pizza looks good... Mmm...

And thanks!

I think I'll just go all-out footlong for both, but save it in the fridge somewhere for lunch another day. I don't eat lunch since I'm in class during that time, so at last; I'll have something!^^

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
Anybody has the moment when you feel like eating something or a specific food but you are not actually hungry?

Big_R

Smash Champion
ive known about gelato for a while and more recently ive been noticing it more. i gotta try it. is it great?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I could go for some takoyaki...

I as planning on making some, but it's hard to find the ingredients (sans shopping online)
I didn't know what takoyaki was until I googled it. I gotta say, it looks rather good, and now I want to try it out myself. I wonder if there are any restaurants that serve it near where I live. Pics related:

Jet300

Smash Ace
I didn't know what takoyaki was until I googled it. I gotta say, it looks rather good, and now I want to try it out myself. I wonder if there are any restaurants that serve it near where I live. Pics related:

The 1st picture looks kinda nasty. The 2nd picture looks very good.

Top Bottom