• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Food Disscusion

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
It's not like I eat nutella all that much normally. There was just nothing else worth eating in the house that night.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I just made an omelet. Nearly the same as the one I showed earlier in the thread, except I added garlic and parsley with diced green and red peppers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried to make stir fry. Something I did a thousand times before. However I messed up horribly and ended up with something saturated in sauce. It was nasty

I tried again, and ended up with something good.

Here is a horribly blurry picture of it

I just found out I can send text messages to my e-mail

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bought a whole horde of different kinds of vegtables and going to try and make stir fry with them.

Never tried with this amount of different types, including zucchini, eggplant, bok choy, bean sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots...

However, I was going to use asparagus but I forgot it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When you use a great variety of vegetables you have to be careful ablout how long it takes for them to soften. Carrot takes the longest by far so unless you want them to be hard and crunchy you should fry them first by about 5 minutes, then add the broccoli and give it at least another 5 minutes and then add the rest. Though I really don't see how zucchini fits into that mix tbh.

:059:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When you use a great variety of vegetables you have to be careful ablout how long it takes for them to soften. Carrot takes the longest by far so unless you want them to be hard and crunchy you should fry them first by about 5 minutes, then add the broccoli and give it at least another 5 minutes and then add the rest. Though I really don't see how zucchini fits into that mix tbh.

I already tried zucchini before, and it tasted pretty good mixed up with stir fry. Unless you mean how long to fry it.

I'll more or less just guess, I guess

Sully

Smash Cadet
On the last few days of my Environmental Science class, we did a taste test between organic and nonorganic fruits. It was a major difference I never noticed before and it was fantastic :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I already tried zucchini before, and it tasted pretty good mixed up with stir fry. Unless you mean how long to fry it.

I'll more or less just guess, I guess
Might just be my bias because I live in the "neighborhood" but Zucchini has always been an 'italian' thing for me. I can't help but feel like it's out of place in an asian veggie-mix.

Speaking of asian, I'm wondering what people think of asian cuisine that's not Chinese / Japanese / far eastern. Arabia, Turkey, Persia ... these places all have food that's AT LEAST on par with that of other asian regions but I feel like people don't really know much about it because it doesn't get the same hype. It's really a shame though because those countries all have a great culture of cooking.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, they add zucchini as well as other squashes as filler in some chinese restaurants, it's not bad.

And while I guess it's sort of asian themed, I'm just stir frying. I'm not following any asian made recipe or anything.

-

I'm part asian, and the only reason I tried asian food in the first place is because it was part of my cultural heritage I wanted to experience. Not part persian or arab, and never really had any desire to try their food.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I have an Arab friend, and I must say, the food his parents served when I visited his home was AMAZING. I don't know any of the names of the food I had when I visited though, sorry.

I'm full on Asian. A lot of people have some generalization on East Asian food (sushi, kimchi, chow mein, anyone? lol), but that's when you can bust out something they don't expect, lol. This is partially the reason I don't get American Chinese food.

Anyway, you guys must try my Japanese Potato Salad. Has anyone mentioned tempura? Carrots, zucchini, onions, sweet potato, etc.

When I lived in Japan, the area I was in I had lotus roots growing everywhere. They were delicious when fried. My parents also had a friend who farmed sweet potatoes and chestnuts, and made their own rice popcorn. Good stuff.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
The thing about cooking from those regions is that many of the ingredients aren't readily available on a wide scale. All the variations of flatbread are so delicious too.

Few things beat the cooking of an ethnic housewife. So bomb.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Maybe it has something to with where you live? All the ingredents are easily available and not expansive for that kind of food. Japanese stuff though ...

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Sometimes I eat.
Sometimes I eat when I'm hungry.
Sometimes I eat when I'm not.
I eat to survive.
Food.

**** I'm deep...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I know. That stuff is kind of hard to get where I live, even in bigger cities.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I haven't had Mexican food in a long time. There's this really good restauraunt nearby, but its a bit expensive. But it's delicious. The reason I can't sleep tonight is because I'm thinking of the food. Dang hunger.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are two REALLY good Mexican restaurants near where I live.

One of them is fast food - But I don't mean Taco Bell quality. They make (More of less) traditional Mexican food, and they are able to make it fast. They have some really good Tamales.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
Since I live in SD there is good mexican food aplenty. There are three resturants within walking distance from where I live. I can think of five other great mexican resturants in town too.
Nothing beats a good cheese enchillada.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Mexican restaurants near me are family owned. Neither are a chain

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tamales are my favorite Mexican food. Especially with whatever sauce the restaurant puts on it.

Really want to find out what it is

Edit: It's actually probably just enchilada sauce

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I actually have never tried it with sauce before. Every tamale I've eaten was actually delivered from friends or neighbors, so no sauce xD

One of my friends gave me tamales with pineapple inside them. It was very delicious.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Idk of anyone has heard of chimichurri, but about to get some tomorrow.

Literally one hell of a delicious meat sandwich.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made my specialty, which is curried chicken and asparagus over rice. It's really good.

This time I tried adding broccoli as well, and it tasted pretty good. I also used long grain and wild rice instead of normal

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I ate a 10 pattied burger once. It was a contest with some friends.

I'm one of the few people who finished it, but it took like 2 hours of more or less constant eating.

Top Bottom