• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Food Disscusion

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the other day i had a huge burrito drenched in cheese and a spicy sauce

i couldn't pick it up with my hands, i ate it w/ a fork.. but it was so good haha

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just made Miso Glazed Salmon. It was delicious.

I altered the recipe I had a bit, but I'm not sure if I actually improved it or not (Because I've never tried it unaltered)

Sarix

Smash Ace
I've been having a craving for Italian food (especially dishes that include tomato sauce) and spicy stew lately. I should get some ingredients and recipes this week to cook some.

Shök

Smash Champion
Kinda reminds me of Mexican food. It's so good when you haven't had it in a while.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Strawberry-Chocolate-Banana-Cookies-and-Cream Milkshakes? Yes please <3 Definitely a good way to relax with the roommates.

Edit: and now we are on a quest to make banana bread.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Any asian cuisine other than sushi (everyting else japanese is great to me)
Also any type of chicken cooked and way and corned beef sandwiches.

I could really go for one of those right now.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I just had a rice-less dinner with just pizza today, considering it's pretty abnormal for our family not to have rice in our plate since a meal without rice isn't a meal, lol. Although, dinner in my opinion is only good when my dad serves me my favourite Filipino dishes such as lumpia or pancit canton. :3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I just had a rice-less dinner with just pizza today, considering it's pretty abnormal for our family not to have rice in our plate since a meal without rice isn't a meal, lol. Although, dinner in my opinion is only good when my dad serves me my favourite Filipino dishes such as lumpia or pancit canton. :3
LOL

fist bump to fellow ice climber player and fellow filipino

and yeah dude almost every staple filipino food is defined by how well it goes with rice. i freakin love sisig and diniguan.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
LOL

fist bump to fellow ice climber player and fellow filipino

and yeah dude almost every staple filipino food is defined by how well it goes with rice. i freakin love sisig and diniguan.
Kumustasa? Yes, kumustasa, lmao. I remember you from the Brawl Ice Climbers boards. :x

Yup, it's hard to eat something without rice including chicken, lol. I'm not sure if I've tried sisig yet because neither of my parents cook it since they're not from Pampanga. For dinuguan, I thought it was alright due to the substantial taste it has. Both of my parents cook a variety of different foods depending on where they came from; my mom likes cooking adobo and dad likes cooking pancit canton.

Anyways, I just had some merienda consisting of pandesal and beef noodles, hehe.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Kumustasa? Yes, kumustasa, lmao. I remember you from the Brawl Ice Climbers boards. :x

Yup, it's hard to eat something without rice including chicken, lol. I'm not sure if I've tried sisig yet because neither of my parents cook it since they're not from Pampanga. For dinuguan, I thought it was alright due to the substantial taste it has. Both of my parents cook a variety of different foods depending on where they came from; my mom likes cooking adobo and dad likes cooking pancit canton.

Anyways, I just had some merienda consisting of pandesal and beef noodles, hehe.
hehe yeah, i getchu. the food being regional is what makes it so great though! lots of variety in filipino food because there's so many different places within the philippines where they originate

i just recently learned how to make adobo haha. it's waaaay easier than i realized, and it's very customizable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm experimenting with a Mexican fish dish, based on a German recipe.

It's sort of like schnitzel, but with fish instead of veal. At the end, you drip lime on it.

I've been...unsuccessful in my experiments with breading so far.

Shök

Smash Champion
Ive been staring at the picture...
I can't stand eating too many sweet things. I get a headache from eating just one slice of cake. Lol.

It's sort of like schnitzel, but with fish instead of veal. At the end, you drip lime on it.

Ha ha. Let us know if it somehow works.

Also, for all my mexican food lovers:

Tinga is amazing. 'Nuff said.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Schnitzel is NOT german - it's austrian.
And you can't just bread fish the way you bread meat so it's no surprise it didn't work out for you.

I can't stand eating too many sweet things. I get a headache from eating just one slice of cake. Lol.
Yeah, I feel you. Time and time again I try to get used to Baklava because it tastes good ... but even after just one piece I already get a bellyache :urg:

:059:

Top Bottom