• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Thing YOU Will Do When You Get Brawl

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
1) Buy the game
2) Unwrap
3) Insert into Wii
4) Watch intro
5) Pass out into a 16 day coma because of its brilliance
6) Wake up in hospital
7) Go back home
8) Press "Power" on the Wii
9) Curse and cry
10) Run to GameStop to buy a new Wii (my d.a.m.n dad didn't turn it off while I was in the coma! How rude!)
11) Run back home
12) Plug the Wii into the TV and... Dammit
13) Run back to GameStop to get another copy of Brawl (The first one is still in the dead Wii)
14) Go back home
15) Insert Brawl and boot it up
16) SKIP the intro
17) Go to Single Player
18) Start Classic with Samus
19) Curse because of the lack of Wavedashing
20) Curse because of the lack of single-player C-Sticking
21) Curse because of the lack of the Super Wavedash
22) Grab a Smash Ball
23) Perform Samus's Final Smash
24) See step 5.

~Dac
I lol'd.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'll Scream WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as soon as I get it into my hands and drool all the way back home just looking at it and play it endlesstly for a whole month until I fall into a deep sleep

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The first thing I'll do?

Open the box, and read the manual on the way home from the store.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
1) I will drive to the store I preordered the game from (probably going to overspeed :p)
2) Pay for the game and run like hell to the car
3) Drive home with sonic speed
4) Rip the annoying plastic thingy of the game, drool to the cover, smell the game etc.
5) Open the box and insert the disc
6) Read he manual while it loads
7) Watch the intro
8) Check all menus to see what we have
9) Play Classic mode with all starters
10) Play Adventure or any other 1p game mode we get
11) Try to unlock all characters/stages etc
12) Play FFA with all characters with Items set to Very High
13) Start owning and find glitches you can abuse
14) Realize that it all was a dream and wake up to start at step 1

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who's going to SMELL the game as soon as I open it? Don't think I'm weird, you KNOW new games smell good. =D

It's like a new car smell, only better... and plastic-y-er...

~Dac

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I will first have to keep myself from crying of happiness.

Then I will put smash balls on high and try everyone's final smash attacks to witness their awesomeness.

Then unlock everything.

Then go online.

..sigh...

This thread more than any other makes me wish brawl would get released already.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
I will first have to keep myself from crying of happiness.

Then I will put smash balls on high and try everyone's final smash attacks to witness their awesomeness.

Then unlock everything.

Then go online.

..sigh...

This thread more than any other makes me wish brawl would get released already.
Sorry dude, i want it to come out too, i want to FEEL the power of Mata Knights Multiple slashing sword. It just seems to Pwn people in mid air and on ground too

Metticus

Smash Cadet
The first thing im going to do when Brawl comes out is.... dun dun dun.... Buy a Nintendo Wii XD

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
Petre: *reading manual while going 90 MPH on a 25 MPH road* Hmmmm....interesting

Police: Hmmm, we got a fast one, HEY YOU STOP!

Petre: Huh *Puts on the breaks leaving a 2 meter long skid while the police rear ends you*

Police: Ooof....

Petre: Thats what people get for speeding, Tsk Tsk

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who's going to SMELL the game as soon as I open it? Don't think I'm weird, you KNOW new games smell good. =D

It's like a new car smell, only better... and plastic-y-er...

~Dac
Heck yes, they smell amazing. You are not alone my friend lol.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
A couple of friends and I will be waiting overnight for Brawl infront of Target, if there's a midnight release.

When we get the game, we will all go back to my friend's house, watch the amazing intro, and play lots of VS mode, no matter how tired we are. Then we will either stay up all night playing Brawl, or we will go to sleep and play Brawl all day long.

I don't know what else we will do... possibly unlock more characters on my friend's Wii.

then I will go home and play Brawl obsessively for weeks, even months.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
unlock sorrido suneku! yeah im gonna start my series of unlocking EVERYTHING and trying out online and such to see if I am really as good as I think
If you're as good as you think, then I shed bitter atheist tears of blood/scotch for your unfortunate condition. God can be so cruel.

Me? I'll scamper on over to that ol' PRICE CHOPPER 'n pick up some nibbles 'n bits for the fellas. I'll ring'em up and they'll scoot over to my place helter-skelter-like and we'll have a gay old time for the remainder of the evening.

If we're lucky, Josh's wife won't make him come home at 9:00 this time, like she did on the Wii launch night.

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
Speed town on my 135cc (hopefully i have it by then).... to the store to pick up a my copy...........probably in the day time because were i live theres probably not gonna be a midnight launch sadly.

Call my Smashcrew...bout a good 20 of em at the least and then shout at each other for a good 1-3hrs on whose the best. while playing this game till the sun rises...keep in mind this is on a friday. If on a week day then we'd all probably skip work and classes for about a week.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
go to Training mode and try out every single character, then unlock one, and train again
unlock, train, unlock, train, unlock, train...its a far ending cicle :)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
It really won't be that bad. I honestly couldn't care less when Brawl is released. You know why? I still have Melee. And, despite playing that game almost everyday since the day of its release, I still haven't mastered every character. No one has (well, 99.9% of the owners haven't. =P).

So regardless of when Brawl comes out, I really won't buy into the whole anticipation thing. I already have a perfect game.

Of course, the day that Brawl DOES come out, I'll probably call off work and not go to class for a week. :) Let's hear it for taking your work vacation to play Brawl! Woo!!

~Dac

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Lmao wow. Just the thought of what I'm going to do when I first get BRAWL makes my mind explode.
Honestly I have no clue...I'll probably watch the intro like 3 times, then check out all the menus and modes and whatnot, then decide to play me vs a CPU or play 1player mode.
It took me a while to figure out who my best character was on Melee...so I have NO idea how long it'll take me for brawl. Some characters, after the first time using them, you just KNOW they're not your type though.
Oh man now I'm all anxious! =@

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeh, maybe I'd try WD'ing and WS'ing if I could do it.
I can wavedash like once, not continuously though, and I have yet to try wave shining.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna unwrap the game, take the disc out, and insert it into the Wii console! xD

When I start playing, I'm gonna do when I got Melee; test out a character in one-player and see if I like him/her. The thing different from Melee I'm gonna do is try out the controls.

I bet Jigglypuff will fight me at the end of one-player mode. :p

Top Bottom