• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Thing YOU Will Do When You Get Brawl

Eric the Lone

Smash Journeyman
1. Watch intro.
2. Take a long and enjoyable dump while mulling over what I have seen.
3. Hurriedly unlock all characters.
4. Write up an early tier list for furture comparison fun.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
1. Watch and listen to the opening scenes.
2. See if the playing style is still there.
3. Most importantly find out who's in the game.
4. Cry about how beautiful it is.
5. Play for countless hours on end.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
In my turn when I get Brawl first thing will be to read the manual :S :p Then go into practice mode to get familiar with the character I like most from the roster...Although I plan on choosing Link right of the bat to see if there's any notable change.After I get familiar with the gamecube controller I'm gonna play with the other 3 as well to see what suits me best!
I'm not gonna go online until I have unlocked almost everything in smash (At least the characters) :D
Let's all have a happy playtime!!

CrzyFalcon989

Smash Rookie
As soon as I get Brawl, I will stare down both the back and front covers
I will then place it in my Wii sexually ;)
I will watch the intro videos and cry at it's beauty
After then I will call my neighbor and shove it in his face that I have it and listen on the phone for any crying
After so I will play single player and multiplayer with my brother (k!llsw!tch)
Then story and whatsoever

Zodiac

Smash Master
go to battlefield if its available, and play as Link, then next I will play Pit, then Sheik, thus my new brawl mains will be created.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I'm still tryna get my hands on a wii :(

IF i have it i will probably play free for all ,winner stays on with a whole lot of people

soaz

Smash Ace
im gonna gather all my friends that are looking forward to brawl ima look at the cover maybe look through the manual slide it in my wii watch the intro vid look at every characters attacks in training mode and check if theres wavedashing then play classic mode for the first time with link(like i have been doing since ssb64)after that ima play stock match with my friends.

Eaode

Smash Champion
O yeah, I forgot. After Brawl comes out, I'm gonna stop coming here for a couple weeks, and while physically dying from the awesomeness of the game, I am going to study the moves, their effects, and the overall performance of characters. Then make my own tier list like someone else said.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'll go through classic mode with either Pit or Samus, and unlock the first character (assuming that is a way to unlock one). I shall then proceed to unlock every character until I honestly can't figure out what to do and there are still '?' on the roster screen, in which case I'll check up online (I'll have spoiled myself on which characters are in already, seeing as I doubt I'll be able to resist and chances are the PAL version will be released long after the NTSC one >_<).

When I've unlocked them all, I'll practice until I find a character (or several) that I'm comfortable with. Then I'll go online and get my *** kicked:)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Watch smash64 intro
play as Mario, Kirby, Link Pikachu in Smash64 as link
watch melee intro
then Mario, Kirby, Link and pikachu in melee as link
watch brawl intro
then Mario, Pikachu, Link and Kirby in Brawl as Link
then start getting the hidden characters

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
#1. Go 2 the nearest shop that sells the game.
#2. Call all my friends who've been dying 2 see the game and show off.
#3. Inspect the cover very intensive.
#4. Turn on the wii.
#5. See how the wii sucks the disc in itself.
#6. Look what Icon SSBB has on the wii menu.
#7. Watch the intro.
#8. Practice 2 keep the tense in there.
#9. Go 2 gamefaqs.com and look what chars are there.
#10. Look at all the final smash attacks the playable chars have.
#11. Go hard-core...:D:D:D

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm going in blind. No reading of the back or booklet. 100% surprised. I'm actually in the market for a blind fold to wear on the drive home from gamestop. That's right. Driving blindfolded. All the chips are on the table for the Brawl release. Beat that.

Oh, and I most likely won't come on here for at least a week to avoid spoilers.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I'm going to read the manuel, see if there's WDing, unlock all of the characters and stages with metaknight/pit, and play online all night into the next week.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I bet about half of the people who constantly say they won't take Brawl seriously without a wavedash can't even do it. First half being legit players who have room to say it, second half being the scrubs who think it will make them cool to agree with the legit players.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
The 1st thing I will do after seeing the inevitable intro movie and title screen is that I will search for an option like mode, since that's what I always look for before playing. Then I will pick Mario first and start playing with him in the single player mode which is the newest, assuming that there will be different kinds of single player modes. Then while starting the first level, and after setting the difficulty to something along the lines of Normal, I will try to do every movement possible for me to know at that moment with Mario, and then truly start playing.

Alternatively, if a friend is over and we are both starting up Brawl for the first time, we shall pick our favorite smashers from Melee and then choose the upper left most stage in the select stage screen, just like I did with a friend when we started up Melee for the first time.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Being in college, chances are the first time I grab Brawl will be while I'm out at Keene State. So here's what I see myself doing.

Cenedar's First time with SSBB:

1. Reserve a copy ahead of time at the local Gamestop.
2. Soil myself in anticipation waiting for the game to FINALLY show up.
3. Upon receiving my phone call from Gamestop saying my copy has come in, I will do all I can to not squeal like a pig, scaring the bejeezus out of my roommate.
4. Bolt back to Gamestop as quick as I can.
5. Grab my copy of Brawl, pay for it, then get the hell out of there.
6. Don't even look at the box inside the Gamestop bag as I dash back into my room.
7. Hop on my bed, and slowly remove the box from the bag, staring at the box art for a good five minutes.
8. Rip the evil plastic off of it.
9. Read the instruction booklet cover to cover. I always do this with my new games.
10. Hold the disc above my head and do my impression of Jim Carrey from Ace Ventura. "A-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-aaaaaaaaaalrighty theeeeeeeen..."
11. Slip the disc into the Wii, cheer like an idiot seeing the icon for it on the Wii menu.
12. Stare in absolute awe at the no doubt pwnsome intro movie.
13. Go right into Vs. mode to start beating on computer players with META-KNIGHT.
14. Explore menus.
15. Take my inevitable bathroom break and give alot of thought to what I have seen while on the can.
16. Begin discovering how to unlock characters. If I'm really stuck, I'll either go online for find a guide as a last resort.
17. Not come back to SWF for however long it takes me to not laugh maniacally when I boot up the game.

Yeah... good stuff.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably play a vs. match with my brother and then call some friends over later. I will definitely try to WD, l-cancel etc at least some time in my first match. I will be playing Pit btw.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Well, the moment they start showing spoilers, I would like to be banned for a month or two.
Then, whenever it comes out, (if I have a Wii by then) I will buy it, take it home with me.
Then, I will open it with a very sharp knife :chuckle: .
I will just play around with the characters that interest me, then start doing random game modes until I unlock somebody. And then I'll just keep doing stuff until I can't find any other way to unlock somebody and look up answers on the web.

Kof-Ike

Smash Rookie
I'll check the intor and the menus, maybe a how to play video like melee, check all the menu and stuff, then VS mode and check the game play, and start unlocking characters!!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
start a vs. mode match, hopefully some buddies are over. if not i got comps. then try out 1-P mode, probably unlock someone i didn't mean to unlock, then get in the mood of unlocking everyone else, using the internet if necessary. hopefully i can get all characters in a week (time it took for me in melee). then after that figure out my mains and play until the next smash comes out

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Sacrifice the neighbors cat as an offering to the game. afterwards, I will pickup the
controller(s) and turn it on. Begin screaming non-stop for 8 hours doing everything new and old about the game, at the same time. after I wake up from a coma from the amazing graphics and newcomers, have an anurism and not notice, and continue playing for another 8 hours. What about you?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
#1 Examine the game box and instruction manual on the way home.
#2 Unlock everything.
#3 Practice a lot.
#4 Play online almost every waking moment.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
1-P Mode > Training
Like I do with every fighter, the same thing. Hit up that training mode, mess with the characters, items and stages.

After that I'll hit up classic with Mario.

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
Simple..play 1P mode till i have all the characters, unlock all stages, unlock anything else, then i will do VS mode

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
I will choose any random character, pick any random stage, press X, and then press R while holding the control stick in a diagonal downward direction.

I'm sure many others will do the same.
What do you mean?

I will look at all of the diffrent Play Mode's then go to training and get used to the new controls and Characters. Then use Fox and beat the game.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean?

I will look at all of the diffrent Play Mode's then go to training and get used to the new controls and Characters. Then use Fox and beat the game.
He means he's going to see if wavedashing is in the game. Why can't everybody just play the game instead of saying they're going to kill themselves if wavedashing isn't in. It's just not sensible.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Haha, I don't really care much either way. I mean, I DO care, but it's not necessarily going to be a bad thing if it's gone. It just so happens that it's a big concern about Brawl, and no matter what I do between now and then. Those are the first two buttons I will press in any battle.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm having a party whenever SSBB is released... I'mma just go into VS mode FFA with four people, pick a random character each match, and stay in my room for the next few months.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
He means he's going to see if wavedashing is in the game. Why can't everybody just play the game instead of saying they're going to kill themselves if wavedashing isn't in. It's just not sensible.
YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! THERE ARE SENSIBLE PEOPLE OUT THERE!
I keep saying, people played before the wavedash, people will play without it. And that';s even assuming its gone. From the looks of the video, characters may actually have a maneuver equivalent to the wavedash, which hopefully will suffice for the people who will go the way of the samurai when there isn't a WD.

Top Bottom