• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Thing YOU Will Do When You Get Brawl

Eaode

Smash Champion
Without WD we will all be forced to commit seppuku.

Lol jk.

EDIT:
McCloud_Master said:
I knew about wavedashing (Didn't know the name of it) but just used to to Dodge peoples attacks in midair.

I could do without it.
That, my good sir, would be air dodging. WD is using diagonal airdodges into the ground to slide.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well said Frank. Well said. This is the first time we can applaud an abysmal GPA. You officially have reached my hero status for the remainder of the day.(less than 4 hours so enjoy)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
go strait to versus and have a match with the 4 coolest characters, and if ridley isn't included, beat adventure mode with samus to try to unlock him.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Me and my friends wont leave my house until we unlock everything, then we'll sleep, then we'll just play nonstop in vs mode.

Bobtuse

Smash Rookie
I'll probably go through one of the 1P modes, testing various tactics as I go.

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
I'll get guide, look in it to see what chars can be unlocked (but not how) then i'll beat 1p with kirby metaknight or ridley (if the ridley boss fight music wasn't a clue for you, now you know.). then im gonna go online.... but only when i am ready... one with the case.... one with the guide.... one with the controller... ETC and I'll try to be the best online..... for about 5 years or until it goes offline. but i'll play it years after its era has ended.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
I'll find out how to unlock stuff. Then I will proceed to unlock everything as speedily as I can. Then straight to nothing but multi-player. Hopefully there will be an option to unlock everything thru multiplayer

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
if unlocking stuff through multiplayer follows the same format as melee, it will be alot faster to just do it through 1p modes. especially if they dont improve the AI, and allow c-stick in 1p.
What I mean is if they do it like with Metroid Prime Hunters, just unlock characters by fighting against them. And I guess it would be the same for levels.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
First thing I'll do is try the Konami Code at the title screen to see if it just unlocks all characters and stages and such without me doing anything. If, for some reason, it works, the next move is to try all the characters out, then delete the data and unlock them normally.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
1. Buy the game from EB Games/Best Buy/Target, and go home.
2. Stareat cover and back, while having simultaneous seizures, asthma attacks, and strokes.
3. Read the instruction manual, like I do with all my new games.
4. Put it in the Wii.
5. Stare at the awesome icon.
6. Drool over the incredible opening.
7. Look through all menus.
8. Start pwning as Meta Knight.
9. Unlock all characters.
10. Unlock all stages.
11. Completely pwn online mode.
12. Become the ruler of the Smash Bros world.
13. Die happy.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Probably open the shrink-wrap.

... Then glance through the manual, 'cause I like doing that, despite it being more or less useless to me. Then, I'll put it in my Wii, plug in my GCN controller, and anxiously await the startup screen, stopping to enjoy the opening movie bit and the music that goes with it. At the menu, I'll quickly scan through all the new gametypes, see how many Event Matches there are, and finally, I will go to Classic Arcade mode, look through all the characters, and then, unless I see a seriously compelling character, select Pit, put the difficulty on the second-highest (gotta warm up, right?), and enter into the Odyssey that is a new Smash.

I'll probably do all the logical things to unlock stages and characters and modes: go through Arcade on hard with all characters, beat all the Event matches, play multiplayer with all the characters, etc. I'll check back here after that to check on the obscure ones, then get those, and start meticulously perfecting my favorite Smasher, looking for new techs, and checking back here regularly to see what you guys have found. I'll more than likely train in online mode as soon as I get my basic skills down, since training against real people is far superior.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
1-Squeal like a little girl
2-Open the box carefully - we don't want no scraps in the box of the almighty Brawl
3-Put it into my Wii while trying to not laugh maniacally due to the anticipation
4-Stare in absolute awe at the intro. Will most likely stand there for a few secnds, mouth agape.
5-Start playing every 1-p mode with everyone (Meta ot Pit will most likely be the first ones), to try them, see if I unlock something by chance, and as practice.
6-While doing the previous point, give a call to my friends and laugh at them because I'm the only one who has a Wii
7-Find said friends in my door five minutes after that, complete with sleeping sacks and enough supplies to hold us for a week of nonstop playing
8-Install them around the house, and start playing the hell out of FFA with items set at Very High (wanna see them all). This step will most likely last two weeks, at least.
9-Start trying to unlock the hell out of everything more seriously.
10-And then, it's back to melee-style freedom.

Yeah, most likely scenario. I'll try to avoid reading this site, too, because I want to unlock everything by myself, no matter how long it takes. Guides are for the weak!

Blackadder

Smash Master
New plan from me!
(Tis ever-changing)
Get Matt (My Smash bud) and my brother (cannon fodder)
into the now holy room.
then, we will leave the game till like, 9:00 at night, or whenever.
And from there.
We smash all through the night.
We will have seizures from the sheer amazment of the games intro.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well, what else? I'll play continuously until I unlock everything (and I don't care if I have to use help from a guide either...)

Snakz

Smash Ace
First, smile profusely as i read the instruction manual

Second, training mode

Then i'll be going through 1-p mode until i unlock everything or until i get kicked out of school

Lastly, any other mode i haven't done yet like break the targets

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
First, I will mourn the loss of Young Link (I will not like Wind Waker Link if he shows up). Then, I will proceed to unlock everything using all four control schemes.

However, like Skylink, I will probably grab the game, run out of the store, trip on a curb, biff it on the sidewalk, be sent to a hospital (after someone swipes Brawl from my cold hands), and totally forget who I am much less what Smash is. :(

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'll walk, no, RUN out of the store I got it from. Beat THAT!

I 'll probably go straight to vs. mode, and play someone online. Maybe I'll find some time that day to do some 1p modes.
But then you won't get the "Walk, Don't Run" bonus...

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Probably be very happy, jump, maybe yell at the top of my lungs to excrete some of the infinite amount of energy I will obtain, run to my wii, put it in, and play it profusely for a very long time.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Obviously, I'm going to get the game (possibly even a few days early. =), then I'll go home, and start playing with my Wii until I pass out.

...Then I'll try out Brawl. =D

~Dac

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
1. Shout at my parents saying we need to go to wherever i pre-ordered it.

2. Slap my parents if they say we can't leave.

3. Tell my parents to go faster then the speed limit.

4. Grab the game and run out.

5. Slap my mom in the face if she brings up Christmas

6. Open it up.

7. Put it in the Wii.

8. Watch the intro.

9. Go to 1-P mode and do classic mode with all the starters (starting with the newcomers.)

10. Beat classic with anyone i unlocked in step 9.

11. Beat classic with characters i unlock from step 10.

12. Go through the menus to look for modes that wreak of 'Beat this and you unlock someone'

13. Beat classic with those characters.

14. Then, if I am clueless on how to unlock the rest, i will go to Gamefaqs andcover up the left side of the screen with something to just see HOW to unlock them.

15. Go play online.

Phew, thats a lot of steps.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Okay:

1.) Buy Brawl
2.) Read Instruction Manual 6 times over as the game loads.
3.) Watch opening
4.) *drool*
5.) PLay through Classic mode w/ all the starters.

When i first get Brawl, I'm mainly gonna goof around and unlock everything. Then I'll find someone to main, secondary etc and start honing the skillz.
:chuckle:

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I'll just put the disc in and play.

If I'm not having fun, I will eat the disc.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
1) Buy the game
2) Unwrap
3) Insert into Wii
4) Watch intro
5) Pass out into a 16 day coma because of its brilliance
6) Wake up in hospital
7) Go back home
8) Press "Power" on the Wii
9) Curse and cry
10) Run to GameStop to buy a new Wii (my d.a.m.n dad didn't turn it off while I was in the coma! How rude!)
11) Run back home
12) Plug the Wii into the TV and... Dammit
13) Run back to GameStop to get another copy of Brawl (The first one is still in the dead Wii)
14) Go back home
15) Insert Brawl and boot it up
16) SKIP the intro
17) Go to Single Player
18) Start Classic with Samus
19) Curse because of the lack of Wavedashing
20) Curse because of the lack of single-player C-Sticking
21) Curse because of the lack of the Super Wavedash
22) Grab a Smash Ball
23) Perform Samus's Final Smash
24) See step 5.

~Dac