• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
If anything they need to go back to mascots instead of picking whatever starter fits a preexisting human moveset.

Also you're forgetting that he said he wants to see more series, and you can't do that with your preferred fighters. This is when I think it's okay to complain about another Pokemon rep, rather than being someone who'd be okay with Mario outnumbering the series.
I hate it when it goes to this.

Also say why you're character should get in, not mine not getting in, because basically you're saying that they should make a mascot who can't do much over an obscure character from an existing series who'd make an interesting fighter. So like why should who you want get in, not why Parasect or Chandelure shouldn't be there.

I don't want my battles flooded with Isaacs and all these other rando obscure franchise and 1-timer characters. They should stick to the franchises they already have, and make more for them - except Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Like your roster, except Min Min, Mach Rider, Kame, Elma, Sami and Akira. We could have Magolor, Mimikyu, Louie, Chandelure, Adeleine and Ribbon or even DJ Octavio instead.
I don't want my battles flooded with Isaacs and all these other rando obscure franchise and 1-timer characters. They should stick to the franchises they already have, and make more for them - except Fire Emblem.
"We need more obscure characters! But only the ones I want! And we don't need any more randos, which coincidentally, none of the characters that I want are!"

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
"We need more obscure characters! But only the ones I want! And we don't need any more randos, which coincidentally, none of the characters that I want are!"
Rude.

Also, those are just the ones I want most, I'm fine with any character from any series that's in the game. The reason I don't want any non-nintendos is because Smash is a Nintendo crossover. If 3rd Parties exceed 1/5th of Smash's roster I'll quit the game.

I honestly feel bullied on these forums.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They should stick to the franchises they already have, and make more for them
Except Smash is a constantly expanding crossover, so while I think it would make sense to add Waluigi, Bandana Dee, a Gen 7 Pokemon that got in for reasons other than blatantly filling out a quota, they can't stick to just those franchises. You said you want Geno as well, and he's the king of receiving "one timer" complaints.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Rude.

Also, those are just the ones I want most, I'm fine with any character from any series that's in the game. The reason I don't want any non-nintendos is because Smash is a Nintendo crossover. If 3rd Parties exceed 1/5th of Smash's roster I'll quit the game.

Because you’re only focusing on the characters you want, with little if any respect for other people who want characters you don’t.

And hey, who says only 3rd parties can introduce new franchises to Smash?…Granted, :ultinkling: was the only 1st-party character whose franchise is new to Smash in terms of playability.

Last edited:

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
Because you’re only focusing on the characters you want, with little if any respect for other people who want characters you don’t.

And hey, who says only 3rd parties can introduce new franchises to Smash?…Granted, :ultinkling: was the only 1st-party character whose franchise is new to Smash in terms of playability.
I know.

It's just that, honestly, what does Isaac have over characters like Gengar? Why should he be in before him? I respect your opinions IF you give a reason.

No reason = No respect

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I know.

It's just that, honestly, what does Isaac have over characters like Gengar? Why should he be in before him? I respect your opinions IF you give a reason.

No reason = No respect
I never implied I support Isaac, but I don’t mind people who do. If I don’t support a character that other people do, I’m just gonna respectfully leave these people be and not harass them.

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
I never implied I support Isaac, but I don’t mind people who do. If I don’t support a character that other people do, I’m just gonna respectfully leave these people be and not harass them.
When was I harassing you? Also it was just an example.

Sorry guys for everything. I'll shut up.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Hey nothing against Parasect I just have no idea how that would work and also don’t see that happening in a million years. I actually like Parasect (I think I used him in my first Blue play through), but he really isn’t that popular overall or really notable in terms of story, in both the games and anime.

But yeah, personally I’d like to see more variety in 1st party picks if we do end up getting some for DLC. Something like:

1. Isaac
2. Dixie Kong
3. Captain Syrup
4. Karate Joe
5. Sami
6. Rex
7. Elma
8. Min Min
9. Tingle
10. Impa
11. Bandana Waddle Dee
12. Waluigi
13. Akira Howard
14. Octolings
15. Takamaru
16. Kamek
17. Porky
18. Ashley
19. Chibi-Robo
20. Mach Rider

Or something like that anyway. Obviously not all of them or in that particular order but just a little of everything. I'd personally rather not get more Pokemon or Fire Emblem, despite loving both. I just feel like more characters from other series would be more interesting taking into account the entire roster. In the same vein I probably wouldn't have included Waluigi either, but its just hard not to realistically.
Well if we're back to doing lists, let's see.

1. Dixie Kong
2. Bandana Dee
3. Skull Kid
4. Medusa
5. Andy/Sami
6. Isaac
7. Chibi Robo
8. Elma
9. Edelgard
10. Waluigi

I'm not including Geno, since he's technically 3rd party, otherwise he would top the list. What surprises me is my change of heart on the last two, as I used to oppose them, rather staunchly at that.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Back to list, eh? Here's mine.
1. Bandana Dee
2. Shy Guy
3. Skull Kid
4. Waluigi
5. Rick, Kine, and Coo
6. Chibi Robo
7. Isaac
8. Black Knight
9. Lyn
10. Mach Rider
Geno doesn't count, otherwise he would be second.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
as I used to oppose them, rather staunchly at that.
In my case, I just didn't care for Waluigi all that much, but I just know that he has to come first before Isaac gets promoted unless all DLC fighters will follow the challenger pack structure and Sakurai thinks a challenger pack can't come with several Waluigi Pinball remixes.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Rude.

Well, if you go out of your way to quote another person's list of characters that they want, and go "Oh, I like those too! Except for these five or so characters, we don't need those. Here are five characters that I want, they are obviously so much better!", then, surprise, you're gonna get push-back. These characters have fans, and if you don't show them any respect, you aren't getting any return.

An entirely new franchise, complete with its own character, and potential music and stage, against just another Pokémon from a generation that already has six playable characters?
You've got to be joking.

Last edited:

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
Guys please leave me alone. It's my opinion, so just live with it.
I'm reporting all of you if I see one more negative me post.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Wow .. That's a lot of negativity in such a positive thread ! Let's stop with that alright guys ?

I have something to share to change the subject ! I do movesets for characters that I love, with most of them being 1st party, and a friend of mine just took all those characters I made moveset for, and made an entire Fighter Pass image with them hehe, it look awesome so might as well share it here with you all !
First Fighter Pass.png

Whatcha guys think about it ? And sorry about Blanc, I know she's not a 1st party, but she's the only one on the 6th I have here, so please disreguard her !
Like I said, I also made a moveset and Challenger Pack for any of those characters, so if you wanna see how they would play like in my view of things, don't hesitate to ask !
(Also made a moveset for Spirit Zelda and Dark Meta Knight that weren't featured here !)

D

Deleted member

Wow .. That's a lot of negativity in such a positive thread ! Let's stop with that alright guys ?

I have something to share to change the subject ! I do movesets for characters that I love, with most of them being 1st party, and a friend of mine just took all those characters I made moveset for, and made an entire Fighter Pass image with them hehe, it look awesome so might as well share it here with you all !
View attachment 249627

Whatcha guys think about it ? And sorry about Blanc, I know she's not a 1st party, but she's the only one on the 6th I have here, so please disreguard her !
Like I said, I also made a moveset and Challenger Pack for any of those characters, so if you wanna see how they would play like in my view of things, don't hesitate to ask !
(Also made a moveset for Spirit Zelda and Dark Meta Knight that weren't featured here !)
I really like that Fighter Pass!

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I really like that Fighter Pass!
Really glad to hear that hehe !
Would you take it entirely if it was real ? Or would you just take some of them ? (Don't mind the price on the Template ... Couldn't change it, assume it's the same price as the normal one haha)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 249627

whos that last one?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We need:

Geno
Waluigi
Mimikyu
Octoling
Decidueye
Gengar
Chandelure
Toxtricity
Dixie Kong
To YEET all the 3rd party fighters out of a window
Blaziken
Tyranitar
Dragapult
Magolor
Marx
Bandana Dee
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Dark Meta Knight
Galacta Knight
Taranza
Blooper
Shy Guy
Skull Kid
Yuga
Petey Piranha
Dark Matter Blade
Lizalfos
Parasect
Susie Haltmann
Hawlucha

My Top 12 though:

Toxtricity
Marx
Magolor
Parasect
Mimikyu
Chandelure
Blooper
Octoling
Bandana Dee
Dark Matter Blade
Waluigi
King Boo
My 1st party list:

Krystal
Dixie Kong
Porky Minch
Pig Ganon
Skull Kid
Elma
Paper Mario
Vivian
Medusa
Viridi
Hades
Mach Rider
Wart
Ayumi Tachibana
Lip
Takamaru
Foreman Spike
Rex & Pyra
Urbosa
Mipha
Revali
Daruk
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Isaac
Marx
Galacta Knight
Bandana Dee
Saki Amamiya
Impa
Midna
Demise
Ghirahim
Captain Toad/Toadette
Waluigi
Dry Bowser
Shy Guy
Kamek
King Boo
Fawful
Baby Bowser
Phantom Ganon
Vaati
Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley
Tiny Kong
Chunky Kong
Excitebiker
Balloon Fighter
Chorus Kids
Karate Joe
Yuga
Octolings
Advance Wars Soldier
Hilda
Stalfos
Iron Knuckle
Kudgel
Kritter

Hmm... Who else I am missing?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

View attachment 249627

Love that Fighter Pass of yours. ^_^

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
whos that last one?
That is Blanc! From HyperDimension Neptunia, she's... An hononary Nintendo Character haha, lemme explain myself
In HyperDimension Neptunia, the universe is based around a Console War, each country represent a company, and is ruled by a Goddess that wag war against each other
Blanc is the Goddess of "Lowee", Aka the Nintendo nation, so even though she's totally 3rd party, she's still somewhat attached to Nintendo by that fact haha
Love that Fighter Pass of yours. ^_^
I'm glad you did! Super happy to hear that people liked my pass hehe

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That is Blanc! From HyperDimension Neptunia, she's... An hononary Nintendo Character haha, lemme explain myself
In HyperDimension Neptunia, the universe is based around a Console War, each country represent a company, and is ruled by a Goddess that wag war against each other
Blanc is the Goddess of "Lowee", Aka the Nintendo nation, so even though she's totally 3rd party, she's still somewhat attached to Nintendo by that fact haha

I'm glad you did! Super happy to hear that people liked my pass hehe
Thanks for your kindness. ^_^
If I made up my own Fighter Pass, here are the characters i would add in:
1st Party Pass
Free: CD-I Ganon (Zelda)
Fighter 1: Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
Fighter 2: Poochy (Yoshi)
Fighter 3: Shake King (Wario)
Fighter 4: Zacian/Zamazenta (Pokemon)
Fighter 5: Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
3rd Party Pass
Free: Octane (Rocket League)
Fighter 1: Heavy (Team Fortress)
Fighter 2: Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Fighter 3: Dante (Devil May Cry)
Fighter 4: Goose (Untitled Goose Game)
Fighter 5: Carl Johnson (GTA San Andres)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i see, well not the oddest logic ive seen

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for your kindness. ^_^
If I made up my own Fighter Pass, here are the characters i would add in:
1st Party Pass
Free: CD-I Ganon (Zelda)
Fighter 1: Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
Fighter 2: Poochy (Yoshi)
Fighter 3: Shake King (Wario)
Fighter 4: Zacian/Zamazenta (Pokemon)
Fighter 5: Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
3rd Party Pass
Free: Octane (Rocket League)
Fighter 1: Heavy (Team Fortress)
Fighter 2: Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Fighter 3: Dante (Devil May Cry)
Fighter 4: Goose (Untitled Goose Game)
Fighter 5: Carl Johnson (GTA San Andres)
Well, there is some odd choices, and I can't say that as a Zelda fan, I would be happy to see CDI Ganon anywhere hahah, but otherwise I really like the 1st party pack ! It's cool !
(But seriously ... Toon Ganondorf if you want, or ALTTP Ganon .. But why CDI ? You ... Wanna make a moveset around horrible voice lines ?)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Well, there is some odd choices, and I can't say that as a Zelda fan, I would be happy to see CDI Ganon anywhere hahah, but otherwise I really like the 1st party pack ! It's cool !
(But seriously ... Toon Ganondorf if you want, or ALTTP Ganon .. But why CDI ? You ... Wanna make a moveset around horrible voice lines ?)
Thanks! ^_^
If this was real, who would you buy?
Neutral: Dark Fire
Side: Electrobolt
Up: Nightmare Capture
Down: Ganon's Army
Final Smash: Y O U M U S T D I E!

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! ^_^
... No ? Not really, I would buy any official form of Ganon/Ganondorf, but not that to be honest

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Thanks! ^_^
I'm gonna keep it real with you chief: You're not gonna convince anyone that CD-i Ganon would unironically be a good addition to Smash in any way, shape or form.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I'm gonna keep it real with you chief: You're not gonna convince anyone that CD-i Ganon would unironically be a good addition to Smash in any way, shape or form.
Plant gang exists (or existed rather). Insicere fanbases of memers really exist.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I believe first parties have a good chance of getting in as DLC after the fighters pass is over. Things might seem bleak now but everyone should remember that the fighters pass was decided while the game was being developed last year. The new DLC is brand new and has only been decided recently, characters that are assist trophies or spirits have a possibility of getting promoted in this new DLC.

Remember, the main reason why assist trophy/spirit promotions are seen as unlikely is because the fighters pass was decided while these assist trophies and spirits were being developed which means they weren't being planned to be playable. The new DLC brings so many possibilities, and I believe an assist trophy/spirit promotion is one of those possibilities.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
If where doing lists

My top 10 most wanted Nintendo characters

1. Lugia
2. Fawful
3. Dixie Kong
4. Midna
5. Bandanna Dee
6. Bio-Rex (or any other F-Zero Rep)
7. Dark Bowser
8. Adeleine
9. Issac
10. Skull Kid

Porky, Edelgard, Sylux and Muddy Mole are Honorable Mentions

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If where doing lists

My top 10 most wanted Nintendo characters

1. Lugia
2. Fawful
3. Dixie Kong
4. Midna
5. Bandanna Dee
6. Bio-Rex (or any other F-Zero Rep)
7. Dark Bowser
8. Adeleine
9. Issac
10. Skull Kid

Porky, Edelgard, Sylux and Muddy Mole are Honorable Mentions
Here's mine:
1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
2. Poochy (Yoshi)
3. Shake King (Wario Land)
4. Zacian/Zamazenta (Gen 8)
5. Titan Dweevil (Pikmin)
6. Haxorus (Gen 5)
7. King Wart (Mario)
8. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
9. CD-I Ganon (Zelda)
10. Keeby (Kirby)
Honorable Mentions: ? Block, Sceptile, Sylux and King Hippo.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I believe first parties have a good chance of getting in as DLC after the fighters pass is over. Things might seem bleak now but everyone should remember that the fighters pass was decided while the game was being developed last year. The new DLC is brand new and has only been decided recently, characters that are assist trophies or spirits have a possibility of getting promoted in this new DLC.

Remember, the main reason why assist trophy/spirit promotions are seen as unlikely is because the fighters pass was decided while these assist trophies and spirits were being developed which means they weren't being planned to be playable. The new DLC brings so many possibilities, and I believe an assist trophy/spirit promotion is one of those possibilities.
Even if you don't believe spirits or assist trophies can be promoted it's really strange to me that people would go as far as to think a Nintendo character is no longer possible.

I mean Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Pokemon Sword and Shield exist. Along with Astral Chain. (though I'm a little less confident in that one since it's a new IP)

Personally I think when Nintendo gave Sakurai the list of fighter pass potentials it was exclusively 3rd parties. I don't doubt they still gave Sakurai a lot of freedom to choose within that list....but I do think after the fighter pass it's probably going to be fully Sakurai's decision going forward. I'm kinda expecting the post fighter pass dlc to look similar to the fighter dlc for Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U. (a mixture of both 1st parties and 3rd parties, except without veterans obviously)

Last edited:

Murder Space Dragon

Smash Cadet
Kind of disheartening to see more support for Toon Ganondorf than Ganon. Ganon has more appearances than Ganondorf and yet people would rather we get a second Ganondorf?

Not to mention Ganon would be a perfect addition to the Super Heavies, who we always need more of.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Since everyone is doing a lirs, here's my list:

1. Adeleine & Ribbon (Kirby)
2. Classic Ganon (Zelda)
3. Captain Syrup (Warioland)
4. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
5. Prof. E. Gadd (Mario/Luigi's Mansion)

everything else is a bonus for me...
there are many other first party characters I'd like to see, but those above are the ones I actively support the most.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Kind of disheartening to see more support for Toon Ganondorf than Ganon. Ganon has more appearances than Ganondorf and yet people would rather we get a second Ganondorf?

Not to mention Ganon would be a perfect addition to the Super Heavies, who we always need more of.
Where is this support for Toon Ganondorf? I know he was quite popular in Japan, but really no where else.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Funnily enough, my wanted Zelda rep is a 2nd Ganon.
CD-i_Ganon.gif

CD-I GANON Memes up the competition!

Top Bottom