• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Finnish Topic (Power Rankings in separate topic)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Seriously, this is ridiculous. And when I say ridiculous, I mean the discussion about Peach.

It is not new to me that people are whining about that Peach is broken and all. And not to mention that they talks about how all Peach players just CCing to d-smash. To me it seems like every god**** player who are whining about Peach is not facing the reality.

For instance the guys who are saying that Armada is just using CC to d-smash: You guys suck at using your eyes. Armada is most likely the most skilled Peach player in Europe, and is varying very much between Peach's attacks. He's comboing with Peach like Falco players are comboing with Falco, by using his creativity and mind. Still you n00bs are saying that he's only using CC to d-smash with Peach, and only wins because she is broken. Strange that Armada is the only Peach that did it well on RoS4.

Ijuka: You know why most Peach players are only playing Peach?
Because Peach is a very special character, and her moves is like no other.

Just as you know, I'm a Falco player.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
-_- You miss the point. It's not about Armada, at least to me. And it's not "only", no one said only.

ZäP

Smash Apprentice
Oh for god sake.
Quit it, please.
I'd say that Peach isn't so broken character(well most of the time) it's the players who make it so, by playing like complete ******* or just other means(I not pointing my finger to anyone ecspecially).
I know I wasn't RoS4, but no one, not a single peach player who just plays CC to dsmash, (heck even I could win player like that and I play freakinig kirby and zelda;)), is not going to be in pracket imo, unless they have unlimited amount of pure luck...

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
-_- You miss the point. It's not about Armada, at least to me. And it's not "only", no one said only.
But the CC d-smash thing is what everybody is pointing at. And that's bull****.
People don't consider Peach players as good, because they are using Peach.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
But the CC d-smash thing is what everybody is pointing at. And that's bull****.
People don't consider Peach players as good, because they are using Peach.
I consider Armada good, you miss the point once again. And I'm done arguing about this -_-

VilNess

Smash Champion
WTF is going on?

Peach is good... but Marth is better :psycho:

Samo kicked my arse on peach. vs. Mario last time we played ( I won the MMs but otherwise she won).

I kicked her arse on Marth vs. Peach probably everytime we played.

I suppose she has got better. Arrange the Oulu tourney and I´ll be there :lick:

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
As a U.S player randomly reading over this thread, all i can say is no johns. If you can't beat the peach, it's because you weren't good enough, not because peach is broken. It seems that people are trying to rate Samo lower simply because of her choice of character. The basis for rankings should be placings only. Finland, step it up.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
(I am obviously addressing slikvik here):

Nah, you are mistaken. Acherontic (who is Norwegian by the way) said that Samo should be ranked top 3. This may actually have been a joke, I couldn't tell. If you look at her placings, Samo should NOT be top 3, since she has placed around 9th place most of the time. So no, she hasn't been placing very well, and is IMO ranked about right.

There is some random talk about Armada's Peach and Peach in general here (which, if I may add, should stop NOW), maybe that got you confused.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
If samo is better than others, she'll place well. If not, she won't place well. She hasn't placed well, so she's not better.
False.

International performance would be a better way to measure things than how you finns do among each other.
Why?
Whether you're considered good or not primarily depends on your ability to adapt to people and overcome new styles, because the finns have only played each other up until RoS4 your matches became more based on memory than your ability to adapt.

She can't. I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about lower level. A relatively good player gets beat by Peach who is a lot worse than him just because she's easier to play.
Relatively good?
Relative to who?
Imo a player who loses to a scrub peach just because its peach is a scrub himself.
You don't know why Peach does good on lower levels do you?

See Peki's example, he beat those players although he had never played Peach. I seriously think that isn't possible with any other character...
I don't feel like searching for his example but I'm pretty sure he's better than the players he beat.
Better players usually beat worse players if they play high/top tier characters.

I think that anyone could do what most Peaches do, and do well with Peach with minimal experience because Peach is broken.
Like I said, you don't understand why people with minimal Peach experience can do good with her.
Figure that out first.

Using Peach's dash attack, dsmash, and grab a lot, even a peach with no experience can beat DECENT space animal players. Note I didn't say world top, I just said decent. Players who would normally be better than them.
Again, figure out why peach does good and report back.

Peach can CC all attacks into dsmash, which cant be shielded or sidestepped. It only has her head open to damage as well, and has minimal lag. If you CC it, it's a nice 50%+.
Try CC downsmashing grabs and aerial+shine combo's or simply spaced backairs.
It won't work.

Peach's dash attack is fast, has insane priority, and the hitbox stays there forever. The first part of it sets up for some lame easy comboes, and the second part sets up for edgeguarding. Then Peach can grab a Fox/Falco at 35% or so and it's a sweet 80% for them.
Sheiks better at edgeguarding and Marths chainthrows are more deadly.
Are they broken as well ?

As I said, you can't beat top pros by doing that, but you CAN beat decent players who would normally be far better than you, and with any other character you couldnt stand a chance against them.

Broken to me, as I said. -_-
It seems like you're measuring how good someone is by the amount of tricks they use to beat their opponent.
If someone can beat someone else by simply CC'ing and downsmashing than the person losing is by no means better than the peach player.

because i knew Armada's style (crouchcanceling everything to dsmash) and how to play against it.
This is where I stopped reading.

NHJ

Smash Journeyman
slikvik. I don't like you either and you're so pathetic. I wish I could play a mm against you. Then I could 4 stock you in it.

udikq

Smash Apprentice
International performance would be a better way to measure things than how you finns do among each other.
Why?
Whether you're considered good or not primarily depends on your ability to adapt to people and overcome new styles, because the finns have only played each other up until RoS4 your matches became more based on memory than your ability to adapt.
You're right about this. But if you, by this, mean that samo should be higher you're mistaken. Well, maybe samo should be one place higher but that's all. Just because I was the only one who did worse than she did in the tournament. I just couldn't play at my best level and I accept that.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
I understand what Amsah is arguing here, but what udikku said is true. Samo placed below me, TK, Ijuka, Peki, bËst... so she shouldn't be above any of those players, now. Actually she did in my eyes just as well in relation to other Finnish players at RoS as she does at Finnish tourneys. So I can't see any justification for her being ranked any higher.

Peki

Smash Journeyman
Joo, että saadaan tuo semiturha väittely loppumaan ni voitais miettiä tulevia turnauksia ja turnausmaksuja.

Turnausmaksuksi sopiva summa vois olla kiinteä 20e (ennen ollu ~15e). Kyseisellä summalla pääsisi osallistumaan jokaiseen turnaukseen. Kaikkiin turnauksiin ei olisi pakko osallistua, mutta rahojakaan ei saisi takasin.

Palkinnot menis sitten seuraavalla tavalla:
Singles 25%
Doubles 50%
LT-Singles 10%
LT-Teams 15%

1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Eli jos on 20 osallistuajaa niin palkintorahoiksi tulisi yhteensä 400e ja palkinnot menis seuraavasti (jos laskin oikein):
Singles 100e
1. 60e
2. 30e
3. 10e

Teams 200e
1. 120e
2. 60e
3. 20e

LT-Singles 40e
1. 24e
2. 12e
3. 4e

LT-Teams 60e
1. 36e
2. 18e
3. 6e

Crews 0e

-----

PR-lista kai laitetaan myös uusiksi seuraavan turnauksen jälkeen.. toivottavasti nyt kaikki pääsee mukaan. Seuraava turnaus on kai Tampereella tai sitten RN8.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
En kyllä jakaisi tuolla lailla, singlesissä on ihan liian vähän rahaa. Se on kuitenkin aina se tärkein turnaus; 25 % rahoista siihen on liian vähän. Ainoastaan RoS4:ssä on käytetty tuota jakotapaa, jossa tiimeissä on tuplasti singlesin rahamäärä. En ole sen kannalla, minusta tiimeistä ei (ainakaan tällä tasolla, MLG on sitten ihan eri juttu) kuulu saada yhtä paljon rahaa kuin singlesistä. Toisaalta ei myöskään ole pakko jakaa rahaa perinteiseen tyyliin, 50-50.

Lisäksi minusta rahat kannattaa jakaa suhteessa 65-25-10.

heplo

Smash Cadet
Kuka on pitämässä Tampereella turnausta? Kyllä varmasti pitäisi jossain olla turnaus, kun ei ole tullut Nyrkistä mitään tietoa.

Oon WMK:n kanssa samoilla linjoilla. Teamseista ja singleseista saisi saman verran rahaa henkilöä kohti. Minun mielestä rahamittaria pitäisi painottaa sinne singlesin suuntaan.

Lisäksi tuo kokonaisturnausmaksu voi olla hieman epäkäytännöllinen. Vaaraksi jää että se sitten karsii muutaman osallistujan heti pois. Tarkoitan tällä nimenomaan ensikertalaisia/muutaman turnauksen käyneitä. Itsellenihän tuo on nyt yksi ja sama, kun meinaan jatkossa osallistua jokaiseen turnaukseen.

udikq

Smash Apprentice
Kertamaksua kannatan kyllä, mutta pottien jakoihin en ota kantaa. Kun kaikki maksetaan kerralla, saadaan kaikki osallistumaan kaikkiin turnauksiin. Esim. Kajaanin turnauksissa on ollut paikalla parhaillaan n.30, mutta sitten vain 15-20 on osallistunut singlesiin jne...

ZäP

Smash Apprentice
Tjaa... Mitenköhän tuon ottais?
Kerta maksuhan on hyvä idea sinänsä, mutta siinä on juuri tuo vaara, että ensikertalaiset ja harvoin käyvät jää heti kättelyssä pois.
Kait sitä voisi kokeilla notta saaraan selville onko se kannatttavaa...

Peki

Smash Journeyman
En kyllä jakaisi tuolla lailla, singlesissä on ihan liian vähän rahaa. Se on kuitenkin aina se tärkein turnaus; 25 % rahoista siihen on liian vähän. Ainoastaan RoS4:ssä on käytetty tuota jakotapaa, jossa tiimeissä on tuplasti singlesin rahamäärä. En ole sen kannalla, minusta tiimeistä ei (ainakaan tällä tasolla, MLG on sitten ihan eri juttu) kuulu saada yhtä paljon rahaa kuin singlesistä. Toisaalta ei myöskään ole pakko jakaa rahaa perinteiseen tyyliin, 50-50.

Lisäksi minusta rahat kannattaa jakaa suhteessa 65-25-10.
Ite ajattelin tuon niin, että tiimeissä useammalla tiimillä on mahdollisuus voittaa/päästä rahoille, kuin singleseissä.

näin?
Singles 30-35%
Doubles 40-45%

Joka tapauksessa tiimeissä pitää olla yhteensä enemmän rahaa jaossa, kuin singleissä.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Asiasta toiseen, kävin WMKn luona viime viikolla, Mies ei meinaa herätä millään ennen klo 15:00? ruokavalio pielessä?

Noh hauskaa oli, kaks asiaa jotka jäi kyllä mieleen oli:

1: WMKn supercombo Muikulla, eli: upsmash, upsmash, dair, syöksy, upsmash(?), polvi.
Tuli niinku 93 % kolmessa sekunnissa mun foxiin >_>

2: VilNessin Mario ei kuole koskaan. Hädän tullen Yoshis storyn seinästä upB walljumb ja eiku takas kentälle :p

hauskaa oli, toivottavasti pääsen ens turnaukseen.

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
wau, meitsi on missannu vaikka mitä ku olin siel kyproksella :D
samolle vaan että oot munki mielestä kyllä hyvä pelaamaan peachillä, en vaan ite osaa pelata peachiä vastaan yhtään, hävisin jopa Udiq:n peachille.. että ei mitään henk koht tasolla ole :D

In english: I have nothing else against peach than I can't play against a peach player, and that is because lack of training :D and I also think samo is a good player :D
so there, no hard feelings to anyone and end of discussion :D

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Minusta singlesin ja tiimien potin pitäisi olla yhtä iso. Miksi? No koska minusta singlesiin pitää painottaa, totta kai. Sehän se pääturnaus taitaa olla. Ja muutenkin, olisi aika idioottimaista esim. jos ne olisivat erikseen, että singlesin pääsymaksu olisi 5 euroa per henkilö, ja teamseissa 10 euroa per henkilö/20 euroa per tiimi. Ei mitään järkeä. Eli saman verran vaan. Tiimeissä joutuu jakamaan sen tiimikaverin kanssa, joo. Mutta on myös tuplasti vähemmän osallistujia. >_>

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
pikästä aikaa taas nettipäätteen ääressä =D.

niin totta tosiaan... puollan ajatusta tuosta ~20 euron turnee maksusta. kuulostaa paljon kätevämmältä ja näin ollen voittopottikin voi, ainakin teoriassa, olla isompi... eipä mulla muuta.. eiköhän nuo ensikertalaisetkin jotka mahollisesti pelkäävät systeemmiä saada mukaan >_>. pääsipäs taas skriivaalemaan. tät wos the point =P.

niin ja kreivi: palailkaamme me asiaan sit täs lähiaikoina. miittiä pystyyn =P

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Julle haxaa >_>

niin ja kreivi. asian voi toki hoitaa messengerissäkin mutta koska tapaaminen siellä on enemmän tai vähemmän sattumanvaraista niin utelen täältä boardsien kautta notta miltä elokuun ensimmäinen viikonloppu (3-5.8) kuulostaa tätä miittiä ajatellen?

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Julle haxaa >_>

niin ja kreivi. asian voi toki hoitaa messengerissäkin mutta koska tapaaminen siellä on enemmän tai vähemmän sattumanvaraista niin utelen täältä boardsien kautta notta miltä elokuun ensimmäinen viikonloppu (3-5.6) kuulostaa tätä miittiä ajatellen?
Minä olen ainakin juuri tuolloin Pohjanmaalla, joten siinä mielessä ajankohta olisi huono. Minua ei tosin isännän toimesta ole edes kutsuttu, mutta tulisin mielelläni.

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
se kuullostaa tällä hetkellä ihan hyvältä, saisin muuten ehkä jopa vuokrattua meille oman tilan, missä olis tosissaan isot tilat olla ja nukkua, tietty makuupussit sun muut krääsät olis silloin ihan hyvät olla mukana. voin ilmotella siitä tilasta heti ku saan varmuuden sen onnistumisesta! :D mutta jos ei sitä ni sit ollaan vaan meillä. mutta ajankohta kuulostaa mun korvaan sopivalta, jos ajatellaan sit sitä et WMK tulis mukaan niin silloin se muuttuu, saatte päättää te seinäjoen sankarit! :D

ZäP

Smash Apprentice
bËsti tässä puhuu sjoen puolesta:

tuo päivämäärä on meidän enemmistön kannalta se kaikista käyvin. itelläni ei ole niinkään menoa tulossa joten siinä mielessä viikonloppu voisi olla mikä vain. mutta mitä tieän niin zÄpille käy tuo viikonloppu eritäin onnistuneesti (voidaanpahan juhlia poijan synttäreitä siinä sivussa =P) ja samoin neutroni on kertonut notta kyseinen viikonloppu olisi hälle erittäin hyvä. WMK ilmoitti kanssa halukkuutensa tosiaan tulla ja mulle se kävisi vallan mainiosti jos hän liittyy mutta tän hetkisten tietojeni mukaan tuo 3-5.8 ois kaikista otollisin enemmistön kannalta. mutta siitä vois joskus porukalla vaikka mesessä keskustella jos sinne yhtäaikaa satutaan.

asiasta korvakraatteriin: siitä ei ole vielä täyttä varmistusta tulemmeko autolla vaiko junalla.
jos kulkuvälineenä on juna niin onko fiksuinta mennä riihimäelle ja onnistutko näin ollen hairaan/viemään meirät sinne sit kun tulemme/lähdemme? (tulo ois perjantaina semiaikaisin ja lähtö sunnuntaina joskus illalla varmaan... selviää sit. kuinka parhaiten onnistuu)

ai niin: myös Über saattaa tulla mukaan. se on vielä aika lailla auki mutta mahollisuudet siihenkin ovat olemassa. varmasti mukana on ainakin sjoelta bËst ja zÄp. myös Mâtsille on kutsu esitetty.

ja oikein vuokrakämppä =P. ihan kuinka parhaakses näjet. kaikki kelpaa ^_^

ja jotta ei ois ihan kahen hengen välinen aihe tämä niin kerronpa kaikille pari hienoa faktaa:
1. Link on hieno hahmo
2. Julle on haxaava kanaemo
3. PR uusittaneen (jälleen) ensi turneen jälkeen joten: KOSKA ON SEURAAVA TURNEE!?!?!?!?! >_>

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Niin, sen voisin lisätä vielä, että yksi mahdollisuus voisi tosiaan olla se, että tulisitte junalla tänne Helsinkiin, josta autolla mentäisiin sitten Vihtiin. Mahdollisuuksia on monia.

Top Bottom