• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Five DLC Characters

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Is Sora considered a Square character or a Disney character?

Because if he’s Square then they might want him in over Geno considering Kingdom Hearts is extremely popular and KH3 is coming out soon. If not then maybe Geno can still get in.

I want Geno in for his fans because as an Isaac fan I share their suffering. But if Geno is competing with Sora I don’t know if Square would want him in over Sora.

timrtabor123

Smash Rookie
Is Sora considered a Square character or a Disney character?

Because if he’s Square then they might want him in over Geno considering Kingdom Hearts is extremely popular and KH3 is coming out soon. If not then maybe Geno can still get in.

I want Geno in for his fans because as an Isaac fan I share their suffering. But if Geno is competing with Sora I don’t know if Square would want him in over Sora.
Sora is owned by Disney but Disney defers to Square-Enix/Tetsuya Nomura creatively speaking. To be honest Geno's biggest competition isn't Sora it's Dragon Quest's Slime or Eldrich (Dragon Quest 3 protagonist) if Nintendo was working with Disney it would've leaked by now. Seperioth is also possible competition.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Sora is owned by Disney but Disney defers to Square-Enix/Tetsuya Nomura creatively speaking. To be honest Geno's biggest competition isn't Sora it's Dragon Quest's Slime or Eldrich (Dragon Quest 3 protagonist) if Nintendo was working with Disney it would've leaked by now. Seperioth is also possible competition.
That’s true. I forgot about DQ.

Well at least Sakurai has said in the past he wanted to make Geno a playable character. So he’s got that going for him.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That’s true. I forgot about DQ.

Well at least Sakurai has said in the past he wanted to make Geno a playable character. So he’s got that going for him.
However, DQ has a number of legal issues. The IP is co-owned between SE, Armor Project, and Bird Studio. Four more companies: Chunsoft, Heartbeat, ArtePiazza, and Level 5, own some aspects of the series. And, the composer is heavily protective of his work.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So Verge has struck once again saying were getting Steve?, a Dragon Quest character (Slime most likely) and Katalina from Granblue Fantasy.
Sounds disappointing enough to be true.

What the hell even is Granblue Fantasy? Here I thought Bayonetta was the most "literally who" 3rd party character Smash would ever get.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sounds disappointing enough to be true.

What the hell even is Granblue Fantasy? Here I thought Bayontta was the most "literally who" 3rd party character Smash would ever get.
Granblue Fantasy is a Japan-only mobile game. The series is getting an international console release with Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link; however, it will be exclusive to the PS4.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Granblue Fantasy is a Japan-only mobile game. The series is getting an international console release with Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link; however, it will be exclusive to the PS4.
So it's a gacha game? Is that really how far Smash has fallen now?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
My predictions:
  • Banjo: Very highly requested and Phil Spencer was open to adding him.
  • Steve: Vergeben (who has gotten almost everything correct for Ultimate) said we would be getting Minecraft in some form and I think it may actually happen. Minecraft is gigantic and I think Mojang would be more than happy to add him.
  • Heihachi: Considered for SSB4, Namco helped with Smash, and following Tekken 7's release the series is bigger than ever.
I have no idea who the other two could be.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
What I want:
-Geno
-Banjo
-Lloyd
-Wonder Red
-Rayman

What I expect:
-Some DQ Protag I've never heard of before
-Steve
-Heihachi
-A Granblue Character
-A Fire Emblem Three Houses Protag

I know it comes off as being a downer, but between what the leaks are saying and just how this season has gone, I'm just trying to keep my hopes down so I'm pleasantly surprised.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
What I want:

1. Geno
2. Bandana Dee
3. Rayman
4. Banjo/Master Chief(no, seriously, the 360 and both of these series was my childhood)
5. A Rhythm Heaven rep

What I expect:

1. Sora/a DQ rep
2. Lloyd/Heihachi
3. Elma
4. Steve
5. Dante/Katalina

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First Zelda unique newcomer since 2001
Let that be Impa please. If she's a young Sheikah mentor / bodyguard to Zelda in the next Legend of Zelda game, she's easily one of the most prominent Zelda characters with a consistant role in the franchise. I am hoping on it to happen, but we will need a new Zelda game first probably.

Calane

Smash Ace
1: Erdrick (Dragon Quest)

2: Steve (Minecraft)

3: Katalina (Granblue Fantasy)

4: Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

5: Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

These are my best guesses.

Wave 1

Rayman

Dovahkiin or Doomguy
(People keep forgetting that Bethesda visited Nintendo to discuss Smash Brothers)

Banjo and Kazooie/Steve
(I think if we're getting multiple waves they'll both get in)

Sora/Geno

Probably that Granblue character nobody outside of Japan wants. Pains me to put that down over someone more deserving.

Wave 2

Banjo and Kazooie or Steve (as I said before I think they'll both come in different waves, part of me thinks Steve will get in first because it'll make more money.)

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy or Dovahkiin (again I think they might separate them into different waves.)

That's all I've got for now since Sakurai killed a lot of dlc options with those assist trophy reveals.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would we all assume a Wave 2? I personally won't even expect new Echo character to be revealed alongside the 5 DLC characters... How come a Wave 2 is already discussed now?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
I don't expect characters from series already represented to have more DLC content, since adding more stages and more music wouldn't make sense (Especially in the case of characters like Bandana Waddle Dee or Dixie Kong)

Why would we all assume a Wave 2? I personally won't even expect new Echo character to be revealed alongside the 5 DLC characters... How come a Wave 2 is already discussed now?

It's just a prediction. I'm not sure we'll just get 5. Too much money on the table for Nintendo.

But what do I know? It could just be 5.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think history repeats itself. Sakurai will bolster the Pokemon roster, dip into Fire Emblem, throw us a curveball we weren't supposed to expect (Steve is this iteration's designated shocker) and finish with an SE icon. That's kinda how things are unfolding already, if there's any credence to the rumors. Katalina is an odd choice since I'm sure the majority of the fanbase was hoping that all 5 slots would be dedicated to console-bred favorites. She rarely, if ever, popped up in roster discussions. The pick could be a thank you letter to Cygames for helping to develop Dragalia Lost, which is trending well.

1. Steve
2. Katalina
3. Slime
4. Zeraora
5. Edelgard

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I notice people talking about waves of dlc is that wishful thinking or was it confirmed somewhere that there may be more after the 5?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Im going to go with...

1) Heihachi (Tekken)

2) Lloyd Irving (Tales Of Series)

3) Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

4) Sora (Kindgom Hearts)

5) Dante (Devil May Cry)
Dante would be awesome; I just beat the first DMC game yesterday, and if he were to get in, it would be so hype, well, for me at least. :grin:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't think we'll get anymore fighters after these 5 are released but we'll see what happens. I do think we may get some other things for DLC such as costumes and such, hopefully DLC alts for characters, seeing as that was a popular request during Smash 4 I would hope they'd take advantage of that...anyways my predictions for the 5 DLC. And before anyone says anything I always assume all leaks and rumours are fake, regardless of credibility.

1-Heihachi
-Seeing Akira get in as assist while Heihachi is absent, when both were costumes in Smash 4, is a little curious to me, also Sakurai has wanted to put him in Smash before. Tekken is a big enough series with Namco already involved in development, just makes sense to me.

2-Banjo & Kazooie
-Y'know people will keep asking for them until they get added. Now that Ridley and KRool are in, they are pretty much the last big nostalgic request for Smash fans at this point. We already know Microsoft are fine with it so it's just up to Sakurai at this point. I reckon they may have done well enough on the ballot to get the right attention. Plus Sakurai wanted to add them in Melee and if Duck Hunt's anything to go by he still wants to put them into the game.

3-Sora
-At this point I don't think Disney will be a problem. We likely won't see any 'actual' Disney characters so no Donald and Goofy but Kingdom Hearts has enough original content to add into Smash including Sora who is a fairly popular pick at this point.

4-Crash Bandicoot
-Crash has a decent presence on Nintendo systems well before the N Sane Switch port. And seeing Nintendo loan DK and Bowser to Skylanders, seeing Crash appear in Smash isn't much of a stretch. Crash would fit well in Smash considering he was at one point almost as big of a rival of Mario as Sonic was in his prime.

5-Elma
-I don't think we're not going to any Nintendo newcomers at all. Xenoblade didn't really get much new content in this game aside from the Rex costume and XC2 spirits. X hardly got anything, which I find curious since I would've at least thought Elma could make for a decent Assist trophy, unless of course she's being saved for something else. Despite the mixed reception of X Elma's proven to be a fairly popular character and she make for a very unique newcomer, and there's so much from Mira that can be pulled for a new stage as well.

Other possibilities:
-Rayman
-Travis Touchdown
-Lloyd Irving
-Geno
-Doomguy

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. Square-Enix character - This could be between Sora or Geno.
2. Steve from Minecraft or Banjo Kazooie
3. I might possibly say Katalina from Granblue Fantasy.
4. Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Either another Nintendo character or possibly another 3rd party guest character.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
1) Geno

Vergeben has said there will be a Square Enix rep, not only that but it will be the first DLC character.

Spirits don't deconfirm characters, they can be both. Daisy, Peach, KKR and Hii Fit Trainer have all been seen as Spirits.

Geno being shown as a player Icon is a good sign. It shows Sakurai still has the licensing to Geno to some extent. Hopefully it extends to playable character.

2) Bandai Namco Character

I can't say who it is for sure, but I really think Bamco will get another character... All they have is Pac-man, and they're making the game.

Presumably Lloyd and Heihachi seem like the most likely based off the Mii Costume theories and stuff from Smash 4. They are also currently MIA at the moment, for what thats worth. (Not much considering Shadow & Skull Kid went MIA at one point too).

I'm hoping for a big surprise like Agumon.

I could see Mametchi being added because he was added to Mario Kart Arcade with PacMan.

Nightmare from SC needs a mention.

But I also have one eye open for a "wtf" like Goku.

3) Ryu Hayabusa

I think Sakurai will add another third party company during DLC. Koei Tecmo is the last major player with a legacy reaching back to the NES much like the rest of the third party characters/ franchises.

KT has also had an amazing relationship with Nintendo as of late. With the Nintendo Warrior games.

4) Impa

We're going to get at least one Nintendo character as DLC.

I think Sakurai will add a new LOZ character to the roster, since it's been so long.

Since each LOZ character represents an individual game in the series, I think this character will continue that trend.

I think that game will be Hyrule Warriors. Which would work perfect if Koei Tecmo gets involved in Smash.

5) Katalina

Smash Bros always seems to end on a sour note. Much like Bayo and Corrin of Smash 4, we're bound to get at least one disappointment.

Katalina fits the mold of a disappointing DLC character.... Being an anime style sword user.

Last edited:

onlysmashbros

Smash Rookie
1. Crash Bandicoot - Completion of console mascots. I would be happy if out of this list only he got in, even as an assist trophy.
2. Jazz Jackrabbit - If there is to be a mascot for PC gaming, then he should make it in over anyone else. Epic Games has made big contributions to gaming.
3. Banjo-Kazooie - In my opinion Rare deserves representation in smash, although diddy kong could be considered representation.
4. Spyro - Personally I would like Spyro to be in smash, but I don't think that he deserves to be in smash as much as others in this list.
5. Geno - Personally I don't care for this character, but I think its likely that he will make it in, and may give Crash Bandicoot more visibility in polls.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Just a reminder, but the intent of this thread was to list off what you think or want to be in the 5 DLC packs, so that includes a character, a stage, and some music all together. Otherwise it's not much different from a newcomer speculation thread which we already have.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Vergeben has commented regarding Katalina. He claimed that she may not be in.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
My personal hopes for characters and their stages are as follows, in order of how much I want them (#1 being most wanted):
  1. Banjo-Kazooie (Spiral Mountain) - The fans want it and Phil Spencer is up for it, so why not? The bear and bird need to get back into the gaming scene somehow, right? That and they're the best possible choice for a Microsoft rep, should that company get involved. I'd be okay with Steve making it in, but ONLY if Banjo does too in a separate pack.
  2. Geno (Bowser's Keep) - So what if he's a Spirit? He's been long overdue to join the fight. He's also the perfect choice for a new Square rep (not counting any Dragon Quest characters) and there's a good chance we're getting one, so...
  3. Elma (Noctilum) - I'm glad I've been seeing her on other people's lists here. With Rex and most other XC2 content out of the way, Elma has a much better chance now than before. She's also pretty unique as far as sword-wielding JRPG protags go, being able to switch to guns and pilot a mech. Her moveset is bound to be interesting, should she make it in.
  4. Bandana Dee (dunno, something based on Star Allies) - Now that Piranha Plant's announced, no one can say this "Goomba in a hat" can't make it into Smash. Besides, what other character in the game uses a spear as their main weapon? That in itself is something unique that this game could use.
  5. Jibanyan (Yo-kai World) - He's in a pretty distant 5th, but I think it's time Yo-kai Watch got some Smash love. With all the 3DS games the series has, it's practically a Nintendo property by now, anyway. Sure, it may not be popular in the US, but it's still pretty big in Japan, and that's usually all that matters as long as the rest of the world is familiar with it.
Honorable Mentions/Other Expectations:
  • Rayman
  • Rabbid
  • Lloyd
  • Heihachi
  • Gen 8 Pokemon
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses rep (preferably one that DOESN'T use a sword)
  • Slime (especially if Geno doesn't make it)
  • Sora (assuming they can get Disney to agree to it)
  • Steve (ONLY IF BANJO'S IN TOO)

Last edited:

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
How realistic are my picks when taking into the Hitagi leak into account?

Expectation:

1) Super Mario RPG Pack
Fighter: Geno
Stage: Vista Hill
Music: Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, Super Mario RPG Medley, Vs. Smithy, Fight Against an Armed Boss

2) Minecraft Pack
Fighter: Steve
Stage: Minecraft Maker (much like Mario Maker)
Music: ???

3) Granblue Fantasy Pack
Fighter: Katalina
Stage: ???

4) Tales of Symphonia Pack
Fighter: Lloyd Irving
Stage: Tower of Salvation
Music: Like a Glint of Light, Fatalize, Fighting of the Spirit, Full Force

5) Fire Emblem: Three Houses Pack
Fighter: Edelgard
Stage: ???

------------------------------------

Dream Wishlist

1) Kingdom Hearts III Pack
Fighter: Sora
Stage: Station of Awakening
Music: Destati, The 13th Struggle, Rage Awakened, Shrouding Dark Cloud

2) Super Mario RPG Pack
Fighter: Geno
Stage: Vista Hill
Music: Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, Super Mario RPG Medley, Vs. Smithy, Fight Against an Armed Boss

3) Banjo Kazooie Pack
Fighter: Banjo & Kazooie
Stage: Treasure Trove Cove
Music: Treasure Trove Cove, Spiral Mountain, Final Battle

4) Tales of Symphonia Pack
Fighter: Lloyd Irving
Stage: Tower of Salvation
Music: Like a Glint of Light, Fatalize, Fighting of the Spirit, Full Force

5) Persona 5 Pack
Fighter: Joker
Stage: Mementos
Music: Life Will Change, Rivers in the Desert, Last Surprise, Price, Blooming Villain, Will Power

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong
Impa
Tails
Captain Toad
Banjo & Kazooie

I'm uneducated when it comes to the names of places in these games and music tracks so that's all I have lol. Banjo is on my list to please fans because I know how popular of a pick he is. I honestly don't have a lot of wants left.

The first four I've wanted in Smash for quite some time (Toad in general, but he's part of Peach and now Daisy's movesets). However I honestly don't think they have a chance besides Dixie Kong. They could easily put in a Tropical Freeze stage for her and some music (the game is breathtakingly beautiful, after all). Tails should honestly have been a new AT with Knuckles if he isn't being added. Impa just has lots of variations of her but Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors would easily be the best IMO, and she's so deserving.

Also I really love Eevee and wish they'd make him/her a fighter, but alas, a Pokeball once more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom