• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Five DLC Characters

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Banjo may or may not happen, it seems Microsoft likes to hold on to their toys.
Dee seems really likely as the next top 1st party
Geno is possible....
Mojang and Steve could be the first indie rep, but it could also be Shantae
I don't think we'll get another Bamco rep, Nintendo doesn't have a history of making Bamco characters big icons like PAC-MAN is.
Chief? C'mon....Chief!
I don't see another Square Enix rep as out of the picture.
We're probably not going to get another Pokemon or Mario fighter
Zelda should get another rep, but it may or may not happen. Skull Kid was the most popular choice.
FE could get a 3 houses rep, but people weren't happy with Corrin, they're not going to stuff FE fighters from the latest game 4 times in a rwo, but it's still possible.
Nintendo and Sony hate each other, we're definitely not getting a Sony rep.
Elma is possible as another XC rep.
Simon is our retro rep, and all other possibilities are probably spirits.
Has Dixie been disconfirmed?

ON THE TABLE:
Banjo and Kazooie
Bandana Waddle Dee
FE: 3 Houses rep
Indie rep
Major Microsoft rep
Elma
Square Enix rep
Zelda rep
Possible a Bamco rep
Dixie?
Geno?

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
DLC Predictions:

Steve (Minecraft):
Vergeben stated that there’d be Minecraft content in the game, including Steve as a possible fighter. That Minecraft content hasn’t been confirmed yet, and he’s got nothing else wrong besides that and another thing that I’m about to talk about right now.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts):
Vergeben also leaked another Square Enix rep. While many are expecting Geno, he was actually (de)confirmed as a Spirit while showcasing the online modes, so he’s the most likely pick.

Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses):
FE:TH is coming out soon, and Nintendo’s probably gonna want to add him to promote the new game, in a similar vein to Corrin.

Travis (No More Heroes):
Suda51 is friends with Sakurai, and has previously stated that he wouldn’t let Sakurai make another Smash Bros game without Travis in it, so DLC’s his perfect opportunity to get Travis in.

Gen 8 Pokemon:
Gen 8 is coming in 2019, which is the perfect time window for the end of the Fighter Pack. Sakurai could easily put them in, knowing how well it’d sell, seeing as to how it’s Pokemon and probably Nintendo’s #1 release for 2019.

Honorable Mention:

Euden (Dragalia Lost):

Draglia Lost is Nintendo’s first time entering the Mobile arena with a New IP, so he would have a place in Smash. However, I can see Sakurai turning him down, since he has a similar skillset as Corrin.

Who I think will NOT make it:

Anyone (de)confirmed as a spirit: Trophies were eligible to be fighters last time because they had no role on the battlefield. Unlike those, Spirits do have a role on the battlefield. So no Shantae, no Chorus Kids, etc.

Bandana Dee: With hundreds of characters being made into Sprits and deconfirmed as fighters with a simple png upload coupled with stat boosts, I doubt Bandana Dee, who is one of the main characters of the Kirby series, survived the massacre.

Elma, Dixie Kong, etc. They're in a similar boat as Bandana Dee: Probably spirits, but just haven't been shown off yet.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Who cares? This was a ****ty effort by Nintendo. They should follow my company (which is Japanese as well and is LARGER than Nintendo) and recognize the Boss is #1 and actually put effort into meeting customer's desires. This is why Sony keeps stomping Nintendo in the market.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'll go by purely predictions, since wants starts to get into wishlisting territory (especially since I'd probably promote 3 ATs to start):

1. Banjo & Kazooie - My gut says these two are the most likely DLC fighters at this point. Strong fanbase, we know Microsoft is willing to liscense them, and they're sure to attract a lot of attention to Smash. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that PapaGeno's source wasn't lying about them being in.

2. Steve - I don't like it, but this is probably the biggest question mark left after the leaks, and I can easily see Microsoft asking to include him alongside Banjo. If he's in, I think there's a significant chance he's even the first character revealed via a trailer at the VGAs.

3. Geno - The other remaining leak question mark is the potential Square rep, and while I can't deny this might actually be Sora, I'm going to stick to what makes sense to me and say it's Geno. Long-time request, probably saw solid ballot participation, and doesn't require them to talk to Disney. Seems like a win-win!

4. Byleth - Now we're getting into the pure guesswork. Going by the SSB4 DLC, it would not be surprising to see the latest Fire Emblem game get a playable character, and since Google is telling me Byleth is the one we see walking around in the E3 trailer for Three Houses, I'm going to guess that's the character we'd get.

5. Isaac - Okay, I said I wouldn't wishlist, but I think basically every other plausible character here is a stretch to some degree (Bandana, Elma, Dixie, Lloyd, any other third party, etc), so instead I'll go with the one character I know. While the Isaac AT is almost certainly a disqualifier for the Fighters Pass at minimum, it's also extremely easy to change: both Matthew and Felix could easily be swapped in as functional replacements. With the fanbase having grown surprisingly large, I could see the scenario where Isaac gets slotted into the schedule relatively late to appeal to that popular demand, while leaving his already developed AT alone in the meantime to make it a huge surprise when he gets revealed as playable. This could also be an incredibly strong final release if they choose to do a second Fighters Pass since it basically opens the floodgates for speculation: suddenly Waluigi, Ashley, Shovel Knight and many others are back on the table, which is the kind of hype that could really help sales. I'm not really expecting this (consider it the 1% dream scenario), but with no one else being a clear choice for the fifth slot, why not dream a little?

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Banjo may or may not happen, it seems Microsoft likes to hold on to their toys.
Dee seems really likely as the next top 1st party
Geno was disconfirmed as a Spirit
Mojang and Steve could be the first indie rep, but it could also be Shantae
I don't think we'll get another Bamco rep, Nintendo doesn't have a history of making Bamco characters big icons like PAC-MAN is.
Chief? C'mon....Chief!
I don't see another Square Enix rep as out of the picture.
We're probably not going to get another Pokemon or Mario fighter
Zelda should get another rep, but it may or may not happen. Skull Kid was the most popular choice.
FE could get a 3 houses rep, but people weren't happy with Corrin, they're not going to stuff FE fighters from the latest game 4 times in a rwo, but it's still possible.
Nintendo and Sony hate each other, we're definitely not getting a Sony rep.
Elma is possible as another XC rep.
Simon is our retro rep, and all other possibilities are probably spirits.
Has Dixie been disconfirmed?

ON THE TABLE:
Banjo and Kazooie
Bandana Waddle Dee
FE: 3 Houses rep
Indie rep
Major Microsoft rep
Elma
Square Enix rep
Zelda rep
Possible a Bamco rep
Dixie?
Geno's not a Spirit; He was in the ONLINE mode(where spirits aren't allowed) as a SMASH TAG!!! TRIGGERED.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
1. Lloyd irving, the lack of his mii costume and no spirit sticker, assist trophy is just so much evidence point towards him being DLC. Along with mystic's tweet saying Lloyd info points to DLC
2.Geno
3.Banjo
4.Sora
5.Noctis

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
5. Isaac - Okay, I said I wouldn't wishlist, but I think basically every other plausible character here is a stretch to some degree (Bandana, Elma, Dixie, Lloyd, any other third party, etc), so instead I'll go with the one character I know. While the Isaac AT is almost certainly a disqualifier for the Fighters Pass at minimum, it's also extremely easy to change: both Matthew and Felix could easily be swapped in as functional replacements. With the fanbase having grown surprisingly large, I could see the scenario where Isaac gets slotted into the schedule relatively late to appeal to that popular demand, while leaving his already developed AT alone in the meantime to make it a huge surprise when he gets revealed as playable. This could also be an incredibly strong final release if they choose to do a second Fighters Pass since it basically opens the floodgates for speculation: suddenly Waluigi, Ashley, Shovel Knight and many others are back on the table, which is the kind of hype that could really help sales. I'm not really expecting this (consider it the 1% dream scenario), but with no one else being a clear choice for the fifth slot, why not dream a little?

How on earth is Lloyd a stretch compared to others you named? He had a mii costume and it's not there, sakurai stated him by name in a interview being "The only one" to rep the tales of series. And he's not an assist/spirit sticker that we know of?

Edit :Sorry for double post, the forums are laggy and I thought it had added more posts

Last edited:

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
I think there are 3 slots taken:
1.-Pokemon 8th generation
2. FE three house character or xenoblade 2 character
3. Square Enix character
4. Banjo
5. Rayman

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
How on earth is Lloyd a stretch compared to others you named? He had a mii costume and it's not there, sakurai stated him by name in a interview being "The only one" to rep the tales of series. And he's not an assist/spirit sticker that we know of?
I agree Lloyd has a solid chance, which is why I listed him in that post. I just think that a Tales rep in general would be strange given the series has been largely PlayStation focused, which I think makes his chances comparable to the likes of Bandana Dee and Dixie: plausible, but far from guaranteed.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Gun to my head guess.

Sora
Rayman
Crash
Doomguy
Solaire

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
EZ picks (assuming we get all 3rd parties)

1. Crash Bandicoot - The classic Sony gaming icon. Imo, he is just as iconic as Mario, Sonic, Cloud, and Megaman.
Crash Bandicoot.png

2. Banjo & Kazooie - I shouldn't have to go into why this character needs to be in Smash.

Banjo Kazooie.png

3. Sora - He is only above Geno, because he's in my favorite gaming franchise of all time.
Sora.png

4. Geno - This is the final character of the sacred "Big 3". We have K. Rool and Ridley. Where the **** is Geno.?
Geno.png

5. Doomguy - This one would just be kickass, and not to mention, out of left field. Doomguy.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm predicting.

1. Bandana Dee
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Dixie Kong
4. Rayman or Rabbid
5. Sora

Personally I think Sora will be the first revealed at the Game Rewards being available in January in response to Kingdom Hearts III.

Last edited:

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Most Wanted:
1. Geno
2. Steve
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Skull Kid
5. Gengar or another ghost Pokemon

Predictions:
1-4. Fire Emblem characters with "Counter" down-B specials
5. Tetris Pieces

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
knowing my luck five 3rd party characters from games ive never played and do not want to play

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
knowing my luck five 3rd party characters from games ive never played and do not want to play
Knowing my luck, some FE fighters I've never heard about with counter down B's and terrible character development, and some 3rd parties from games I've never heard of that totally taint the aspect of Nintendo's friendly character development.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
My guess, we will see third party characters only:

1.) Geno or Sora
2.) Phoenix Wright
3.) Rayman
4.) Shantae
5.) Banjo Kazooie

D

Deleted member

1.) Crash Bandicoot
2.) Banjo
3.) Sora
4.) Geno
5.) Elma

BEplaysMC

Smash Rookie
my predict in order of confidence
1) steve
2) sora or geno
3) banjo
4) bandana
5) shantae

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
My Top 5 are in no particular order
  1. Lightning
  2. Pigepic (or any Temtem character)
  3. Sora
  4. Crash
  5. Zeratul or Thrall

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Who I want as the 5 DLC characters:

- Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
- Eliwood (Fire Emblem)
- Geno or Sephiroth
- Itsuki Aoi as a pseudo Stand User of sorts
- Arle Nadja

Now..,for what it’ll probably be...

- SE character (DQ, FF, 2B or even Geno could get in)
- Sega character
- Bandai Namco character
- FE 3H character (doesn’t have to be Edelgard)
- Another Pokemon (Melmetal, Decidueye, Zeraora, Lycanroc or Gen 8 Pokemon)

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to all my Bandana Dee friends but I just don't see it. I thought maybe he had a chance for the base game, but I really think DLC characters need to bring the hype, especially if they're going to come with a stage and soundtrack. I'm shocked that Spring Man and Rex & Pyra are gutted, but here are my predictions:

1. Banjo-Kazooie: It's just a no brainer. No other character could set the entire community instantly on hype overdrive like the bear and bird. With all other major contenders getting the axe or at least looking very unlikely (sorry my precious boy Geno), Banjo is BY FAR the most highly requested absent character. The only road block here would be Microsoft, and given that they'd get a healthy cut of that sweet DLC money, good publicity and fan goodwill by doing this, I honestly think it's a lock.

2. Crono from Chrono Trigger: OK, hear me out here. I don't know that he's the most likely objectively, but he would be the hypest. So many people have fond memories of Chrono Trigger, it's irrevocably associated with Nintendo (unlike Cloud, Sora, 2B, and other popular picks), and it would be a cool surprise. Plus how awesome would it be to get a Corridors of Time remix in this soundtrack? I think Sora would be more likely as a DLC pick except that Disney is famously stingy and hard to work with, and a Kingdom Hearts level with no Disney characters would miss the entire point and appeal of the series. Maybe it'll happen anyway because Sora is very popular but I wanted to throw in my appreciation for other classic SE series. Other possibilities in my mind include Geno of course, a Dragon Quest rep, 2B (very unlikely because she hasn't been on Nintendo and is already in Soulcalibur), Moogle, and Black Mage.

3. Twintelle: I'm actually glad Spring Man is an assist. Yeah, I said it. He's the face of his franchise but he's also kind of generic. Twintelle is much more interesting, and I think an ARMS stage and music is likely no matter what just because it's a fairly popular franchise. The likelihood is slightly lower than it was before the reveal but I'm sticking with this prediction.

4. Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia: It just makes too much sense. Bamco is the only other currently involved 3rd party without a second rep besides Square Enix, and they're actually developing the game. Lloyd is popular, highly requested (especially in Japan), and tbh as an Isaac supporter I just want my Lloyd bros to see their wish come true.

5. No idea honestly. With so many deconfirms it's hard to know. Outside of who I listed above and the characters killed in the Direct, the roster actually feels very complete. I guess they could bring in a surprise third party character. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say Travis Touchdown. Suda51 is a known friend of Sakurai's and he's been harping on about getting Travis into Smash since forever ago.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
i dunno, but theres a lot going for lloyd. i'd assume he's the safest bet for a dlc character.

as for the others.

2. bandana dee. he's popular on a scale similar to ridley in japan,

3. geno, sora, or crono. or a square enix rep at all, but if i had to narrow down 3, those would be my guesses with crono just being a wish. all three would be major bombshell reveals.

4. three houses lord. they always pull this off with fire emblem in a vein similar to pokemon.

5. i really don't know, probably a microsoft character? since vergeben is reliable apparently i'm begrudgingly leaning towards steve. it could be banjo too. who knows

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I guess I should actually make something like a prediction list...

1. Someone from Squeenix. I'm leaning Sora, but Dragon Quest is also pretty likely. Geno's also a big name, but I don't know if Nintendo/Square would favor putting in a 22-year old one-off character over a more iconic one.

2. Someone from Microsoft. Steve seems most likely to me considering how immense Minecraft is, but again the fanbase has been pulling for Banjo-Kazooie for a while. I doubt Master Chief's in the running though - Yes, Cloud's not really on Nintendo at all, but at least the Final Fantasy series has been.

3. A Bethesda character. Popular opinion seems to focus around Doomguy, but I'd much rather have Dovahkiin. Both did end up getting Switch releases right around the initial release timeframe. I'm not really expecting Vault Boy to show - see the Master Chief argument, and add the fact that MC is more iconic than VB.

4. One of the characters will probably be a first party, and I'm guessing that Bandana Dee's the most likely due to his Japanese fanbase. Fire Emblem's gotten enough, so I don't really see them adding Byleth or Edelgard (at least she uses a different weapon), and a new Pokémon also seems unlikely. If any overrepped series got anything, I could honeslty see them promoting Waluigi before anyone else. And as much as the Zelda series deserves another character, all of the big names are assists now, so I don't see one happening.

5. Considering how crazy this game is getting, I only see one way for Sakurai to end it with the biggest splash possible. Goku. Honestly, I'd be more surprised if he weren't in than if he were.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think all 5 or at least most will be 3rd parties from the Ballot.

1. Lloyd Irving

Got a mii costume in the same wave as Chrom and K. Rool so it's likely he did well on the Ballot. And he's the only one not shown in any form in Ultimate from that mii costume wave. The Director and Producer of Tales of Symphonia's helped developed 4 & Ultimate and the latter commenting in a 2012 interview that he would love a Tales character. Sakurai even said he's the ideal Tales rep for Smash in another interview. And Tales of is considered the 3rd biggest JRPG series behind Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy at least for Japan considering the Tales of Festival fan events organised by Namco every year. Also the strange lack of Namco content in general in the base game.

2. Dragon Quest Hero or Lara Croft

Vergeben says that there's a SE newcomer in the game and it's pretty logical if all of the other companies can get a 2nd rep. While most are saying Geno or Sora, I'm going for Dragon Quest or Tomb Raider on this one.

Geno seems to be Spirited Away and IMO that's a soft disconfirmation(unlike trophies, spirits play a pivotal role in the SP modes) and TBH and I'm sorry Geno Fans but I think SE would prefer a bigger name than him. Sora I dismiss because he's a DISNEY rep, not a SE rep. SE may develop the games, but Disney owns the copyright to all original content in Kingdom Hearts. And from what I heard, Disney Japan wasn't contacted by Nintendo until after the DLC Roster was planned already.

I'm banking on the Hero from Dragon Quest. Either I because it's the original hero, III because the game is the most popular in Japan, or VIII because it's the most well known in the West. Simply put it, Dragon Quest is BIG in Japan and not just as the most popular RPG there, a release of a game is akin to a national holiday there. So it holds iconic status for sure. Other possible characters are Slime, or Dragonlord. Maybe it will be the first 8 heroes represented as different costumes.

The 2nd most likely is Lara Croft since SE has been pushing her even before the roster and DLC plans were decided like adding her in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and doing Pixiv contests. And she's also one of the prolific icons in gaming now made possible in Smash due to being owned by a Japanese company now.

3. Banjo & Kazooie

It should be pretty obvious. They are consistently requested by nearly every Smash fan topping character polls. And also the interactions Phil Spencer had with Nintendo. It would be surprising if the dangerous duo weren't added. As for that Minecraft content from Vergeben that could hurt his chance, I think it's just music and spirits from Minecraft that will be bundled with Banjo's stuff.

4. Ryu Hayabusa

I think it's his time to shine. He's one of the few iconic NES characters not in yet, and Koei Tecmo has a great relationship with Nintendo what with helping them develop games for them like Hyrule Warriors and Fatal Frame.

5. Crash

I'm not sure if he was a contender in the ballot but I think it's possible. He's an iconic western character that's popular in Japan so that helps him. Other then that, this one I'm most unsure of.

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I don't know how realistic this is, but Piranha Plant's weird state as a free gift and not part of a full blown DLC pack makes me wonder if the first pack will still be linked to him in some way. I am confident that players who don't buy the game before February 2019 will be able to purchase him as DLC, but I don't know how he will be priced or sold. What if he/she came as an additional fighter as part of the first DLC pack? This is my theory/Proposal:

Fighter Pack 01:

Smash Bros. Ultimate X Super Mario (specifically the sports spin-offs)

Release Date: March 2019

Fighter(s):
Waluigi
- His move set is built around Mario sports games, mostly tennis. His default outfit is the same as his outfit in Mario Tennis Aces (His classic look works the same as it does with Wario). He is a character that many fans want but that Sakurai would not have known the true demand for until very recently. He is a character who could have easily been put into development during the time between the E3 reveal (when his popularity blew up) and the theoretical release date. Plus it gets the easy to license first party Nintendo pack out of the way up front with a popular and recognizable character, leaving room for riskier 3rd party stuff later on.

Piranha Plant
- If you didn't purchase the game before February 2019 then he is included as a bonus for purchasing this $5.99 DLC pack. A simple and clean way to ensure Players who got the game early have a fun bonus (they got Piranha Plant a month early and for free), but also a logical way to get the character in the hands of everyone else without causing drama over pricing. This would be the only DLC pack with more then one fighter.

Stage:

Piranha Plant Habitat
-A stage based on the tennis court of the same name from Mario Tennis Aces. You fight on the tennis court as Piranha Plants shoot flaming tennis balls at you. The stage would represent both the sports themed Waluigi and the generic Piranha Plant very well. Plus who doesn't want to have a brawl on a Tennis court.

Music:
-A mixture between tracks from the Mario Sports titles (especially the Camelot ones) and music from the Wii Sports franchise since they would theme well with the pack.

I am somewhat indifferent on Waluigi being in Smash, but I think this sort of pack would do a good job of starting the DLC on a good foot that pleases the majority of the fandom and casual audience.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sakurai: Video game characters only.
All I'm saying with this is that I'm not gonna be surprised by anything Sakurai pulls. We're all sitting here arguing that BWD is too generic of an enemy to show up and that Waluigi/Geno/Toad are the next obvious Mario reps in line, and then we all get floored with a piranha plant. Nobody saw that coming.

Also, we know that Sakurai does like to rethink things from time to time...

Sakurai said:
Sakurai said:
Personally, I'd prefer sticking to video game characters only for Smash, but I can't honestly say that if he did change the rules again and throw this curveball I'd be surprised.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All I'm saying with this is that I'm not gonna be surprised by anything Sakurai pulls. We're all sitting here arguing that BWD is too generic of an enemy to show up and that Waluigi/Geno/Toad are the next obvious Mario reps in line, and then we all get floored with a piranha plant. Nobody saw that coming.

Also, we know that Sakurai does like to rethink things from time to time...

Personally, I'd prefer sticking to video game characters only for Smash, but I can't honestly say that if he did change the rules again and throw this curveball I'd be surprised.
I guess. The Piranha Plant argument is a good point. If any anime character should get in though its Deku.

Deku>Any Shonen protag

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Sora, Geno, Rayman, Heihachi, and Shantae or Tails are my 5 DLC picks that I think will happen. I honestly don't see any 1st party characters making it unfortunately which is why I won't buy the season pass until I know which characters were getting as I don't care for 3rd parties in Smash.

Now my personal wish list would be Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, Twintelle, Bandana Dee, and idk who I'd want for the 5th character. Most of my wants would be echoes but Sakurai has confirmed no more echoes soo...maybe Medusa as a newcomer but that's EXTREMELY unlikely and niche.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Sakurai implied that DLC was chosen quite early in development which is why Rex and Springman seem to be out of the running. This also lowers the chances of a generation 8 Pokemon and a FE: Three Houses rep as they would have to reserve spots for those characters long before their games even start development. Sadly I think this also rules out characters who have had a recent surge of popularity such as Crash. As for who I'm expecting...

Rayman
Nintendo and Ubisoft have been on good terms for quite some time now especially when you consider how long Mario x Rabbids was in development for. Speaking of which, Rabbid Peach being a Spirit confirms that Ubisoft is at least involved in some way.

Banjo & Kazooie
With all the rumours of meetings between Microsoft and Nintendo this year as well as rumblings of an N64 mini, I feel Banjo has never had a greater opportunity of being in Smash.

Bandanna Dee
Quite literally the only highly requested first party character that doesn't seem to be an Assist Trophy, icon or a Spirit and while I think the latter two don't deconfirm characters outright, they don't exactly help their chances either. This puts Bandanna Dee in a very favorable position compared to his competition

Crono
With Vergeben being correct on pretty much everything, I'm inclined to believe his statement about another SE rep but there's quite a few to choose from. I sadly think Geno has missed his chance since I doubt they would make an obscure character like him DLC especially when most of Europe doesn't even know who he is. Sora has a good shot but I still think Disney would make a deal more difficult than it's worth. I settled on Crono as like Geno, he's from an old fan favourite JRPG but unlike Geeno he is a lot more recognizable worldwide.

Steve
I originally thought we'd just get a Minecraft stage like Vergeben said and that would be it but now we know that stages are bundled with characters and I can't see any character other than maybe Banjo coming with a Minecraft stage so unless that scenario happens, Steve seems likely.

Honorable Mentions
Monster Hunter
Dr. Eggman
Dixie Kong
Lloyd Irving
Heihachi Mishima

Last edited:

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
My Top 5
1. Sora/Geno -I think it could go either way plus I wouldn't mind if they decided to add both

2. Ayumi Tachibana - Honestly she is my dream character she is a first party Nintendo rep from the 80's and her games are considered cult classics in Japan the only problem is she has never had an international release therefore never making her extremely popular

3. Banjo Kazooie - extremely popular characters and they definitely would sell plus their have been a lot of rumors with Nintendo and Microsoft working together

4. Shantae - though it is not clear if spirits could become potential DLC fighters she is requested a lot and it would be a first for smash to include a Indie rep as a playable fighter

5. Bandana Dee - while I personally don't like him he is first party Nintendo and he has a huge fanbase so I wouldn't see why they would not add him to DLC

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ok, I've got a third DLC choice since Bethesda did talk to Nintendo about Smash Bros.

1. Geno
2. Steve
3. Doom Slayer

I'm bound to be wrong again but eventually I may get something right.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Slightly changed my DLC character prediction.

1. Bandana Dee
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Rayman
5. Sora

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
1. Geno
2. Dixie Kong