• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The fhanfus loop testing ground - confirmed to work on ROB - got it to work on samus

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If you're talking to me it's because unplugging your controller would cause him to forfeit.

/obv
Twas a joke my good man, I mean that the AT itself looks quite difficult to pull off in a serious match.
Unless the ROB just sits there, which i highly doubt would happen XD

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I find it funny how all of a sudden getting a FHNair in is 'impossible'/'very hard' according to you guys.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I think i'm doing it wrong.
What i'm thinking is ROB has to be on the ground laying down for you to start it.
Guess i failed there :p
Against the ROBs i play, it's not hard to land a FH Nair.

Zeallyx

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
is there a vid of this anywhere?

edit: i saw the vid posted on page 3, and when in the world can u ever do this crap in a match, idk but rob has both a laser and a gyro and can fly

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

edit: i saw the vid posted on page 3, and when in the world can u ever do this crap in a match, idk but rob has both a laser and a gyro and can fly
It's not hard to land a FH Nair, let alone on a ROB.
He's actually quite easy to hit, and if the player slips up and doesn't space appropriately, ROB is pretty much open to any quick attack, of those FH Nair, which leads to this AT.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
It's not hard to land a FH Nair, let alone on a ROB.
He's actually quite easy to hit, and if the player slips up and doesn't space appropriately, ROB is pretty much open to any quick attack, of those FH Nair, which leads to this AT.
In other words, the fhanfus loop is awesome!

Zeallyx

The fhanfus loop is inescapable, on certain characters. And all you have to do is get a FHNair in.

if you think setting this up is hard you have some other problems. I use the first hit of nair to get me grabs all the time. I just need to practice getting the rhythm down. Additionally could we involve the beginning of combo 34 ( the grab>uair>footstool) to get this combo started. Everyone knows grabs are not difficult to get with falcon. The new combo would be grab>uair>footstool>nair1>footstool>repeat fhanfus loop. If so falcon is going to rise to the top.

Player-3

Smash Hero
grab uair isn't a combo

fhns are easy to get

noone spends time on this because noone plays falcon in tourny

Zeallyx

if you think setting this up is hard you have some other problems. I use the first hit of nair to get me grabs all the time. I just need to practice getting the rhythm down. Additionally could we involve the beginning of combo 34 ( the grab>uair>footstool) to get this combo started. Everyone knows grabs are not difficult to get with falcon. The new combo would be grab>uair>footstool>nair1>footstool>repeat fhanfus loop. If so falcon is going to rise to the top.
Like P-3 said, Falcon's throws dont combo into Uair. =/

then why wouldn't this work. :confused: If we can start doing this at tourneys to upper tier characters (glares at MK and DDD) Falcon has a legit chance to rise a few tiers. We already have stuff on wario and falco could fall victim to combo 34. the only one at high play I don't this as possible to do on is snake, marth, and ice climbers. If this does work on snake he will have to play the MU like the ice climber MU because 1 grab could equal death. And marth and snake are really skinny so this may make the combo harder to do. I'm just asking for a little testing and I don't have a wii.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
then why wouldn't this work. :confused: If we can start doing this at tourneys to upper tier characters (glares at MK and DDD) Falcon has a legit chance to rise a few tiers. We already have stuff on wario and falco could fall victim to combo 34. the only one at high play I don't this as possible to do on is snake, marth, and ice climbers. If this does work on snake he will have to play the MU like the ice climber MU because 1 grab could equal death. And marth and snake are really skinny so this may make the combo harder to do. I'm just asking for a little testing and I don't have a wii.
this only works on rob/samus because each have their own character specific flaws

Rob just has a ******** landing animation that makes him vulnerable to most footstool combos (check the Rob boards, i think they have a thread on the subject)
Samus is very floaty and large, making her vulnerable

If you do this with MK, expect to eat a nair, upB, or get ripped up by a tornado. MK is just too fast for such a trick. Also he's a ****** so he's immune.

I think DDD can just roll out from the footstool. He's big but he's also agile. Also, if you screw up (which you most likely will) he will grab you and CG your *** until time itself ends

The fact is that this does not work on most characters, especially the top tiers which have ways around this.

Falcon is low tier for a reason and 2 years of metagame developing hasn't gotten us much further (but it has taken us somewhere ;) )

Zeallyx

this only works on rob/samus because each have their own character specific flaws

Rob just has a ******** landing animation that makes him vulnerable to most footstool combos (check the Rob boards, i think they have a thread on the subject)
Samus is very floaty and large, making her vulnerable

If you do this with MK, expect to eat a nair, upB, or get ripped up by a tornado. MK is just too fast for such a trick. Also he's a ****** so he's immune.

I think DDD can just roll out from the footstool. He's big but he's also agile. Also, if you screw up (which you most likely will) he will grab you and CG your *** until time itself ends

The fact is that this does not work on most characters, especially the top tiers which have ways around this.

Falcon is low tier for a reason and 2 years of metagame developing hasn't gotten us much further (but it has taken us somewhere ;) )
To connect to your story:
This does (among others) also work on marth, and he's high(er) tier. =)

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
yep :D and i was trying to make it work on mk and u can do the nair to footstool and knee, but is hard to follow up to another nair or bair

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
To connect to your story:
This does (among others) also work on marth, and he's high(er) tier. =)
hmm, I've always thought Marth could escape most combos with his 1 frame Dolphin Slash.:ohwell:

But nonetheless, my post was mostly directed towards using it against DDD and MK.

As for this working on other characters besides Rob or Samus:

Zeallyx

hmm, I've always thought Marth could escape most combos with his 1 frame Dolphin Slash.:ohwell:

But nonetheless, my post was mostly directed towards using it against DDD and MK.

As for this working on other characters besides Rob or Samus:
I know you are probably kidding with the pics or didnt happen thing..

But if you're not, there was this one dude asking for char names, and he'd make vids of the fhanfus loop on said char.

So, to that one dude who said that, a vid showing it on marth please. :bee:

couple things I believe dolphin slash is 4 frames it is just the start up invincibility frames that make it so good. And TNONTK I want to thank you for trying to help out falcons metagame while most people are just saying he sucks. Even if you go around saying it thank you for at least trying to help out Douglas J. Falcon.

Zeallyx

couple things I believe dolphin slash is 4 frames it is just the start up invincibility frames that make it so good. And TNONTK I want to thank you for trying to help out falcons metagame while most people are just saying he sucks. Even if you go around saying it thank you for at least trying to help out Douglas J. Falcon.
=P

Don't mention it. =)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, Marth's DS is perhaps his best choice to end a combo, especially if it's just pseudo.
Like P3 said, 1-5 frames of Invincibility= This thing can screw you over pretty bad if you try to get a combo going.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Hey guys, do any of you have MSN or something as maybe we could Brawl? I'll give you guys my FC when any of you reply.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace

lol I was kidding, I believe in you Knee :)
Hey guys, do any of you have MSN or something as maybe we could Brawl? I'll give you guys my FC when any of you reply.
well, thats a post i thought i would never see :laugh:
Willz for wifail king

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman

But if you're not, there was this one dude asking for char names, and he'd make vids of the fhanfus loop on said char.

okay buddy like every one is getting better with falcon im practicing this loop on every one sum time at smash fest i dont even play i just practice looping lol but u said marth right u got it giv me a day or 2 kk

Zeallyx

okay buddy like every one is getting better with falcon im practicing this loop on every one sum time at smash fest i dont even play i just practice looping lol but u said marth right u got it giv me a day or 2 kk
Alright. Good luck.

And I'm expecting a vid of this (on marth) from you, around the same time tommorrow. =)

Top Bottom