• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Quite a lot of the Toon Link mainers say that match-up is about even. I would say it's 45:55 in Toon Link's favor, but eh. I've yet to find a Toon Link that plays the match-up in a style that could pose as a general threat to Falcon.

For some reason, people still have it in their mind that "Falcon doesn't have projectiles, so we can just spam him to death" is a good way to view this match-up. lol

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Quite a lot of the Toon Link mainers say that match-up is about even. I would say it's 45:55 in Toon Link's favor, but eh. I've yet to find a Toon Link that plays the match-up in a style that could pose as a general threat to Falcon.

For some reason, people still have it in their mind that "Falcon doesn't have projectiles, so we can just spam him to death" is a good way to view this match-up. lol
Holding A to jab beats arrow, I think boomerang too.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
its better to play with CPU's than on wifi

at least the CPU doesnt lag :D

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You guys must be ******** or something xD

Everyone knows it goes: offline>wifi>CPUs

And if you think I would've gotten this much better (from where I was) by fighting CPUs, then I say BS.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I only fight with CPUs to practice. Real fights I do it on ze web (or on bi-weeklies, those events really help on improving ourselves).

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yeah, but we don't have tournaments every month around here, lol. That's why bi-weeklies are the next best thing.

Sevilla will be quite a buttload of EXP points, though.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Well, it has been proven that CPUs actually learn how to do stuff. Speaking of Falco, the other day a lvl9 Falco chaingrabbed me. I **** you not.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
whenever i play CPU Falcon, he always mindgames me with Falcon Paunches

runs off the stage, falcon paunch, doesnt recover, i lol, then he raeps me

:(

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I've done it before too, not sure how. Nowhere near as much as the moonwalking in Melee, but Falcon will start moving backward before turning around. lol.

Arcade

Smash Ace
Depends on how you define "learn". If I discovered through trial and error that PK Fire stops the Nado, and thus I use it more when faced against the Nado, is that learning?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Lord Helmet's talking about the CPU program.

Uhhh, they are suppose to have a learning system though, IIRC. If not, maybe we should just start watching our Level 9 CPUs, because they sure know how to combo legit ****.

Arcade

Smash Ace
Level 9 Ganondorf mindgamed me into getting hit by his Warlock Punch today by hitting the pillar in Luigi's Mansion to extend the hitbox.

Level 9s are gods. No-one can hope to beat them. Not even Captain Falcon himself can beat a CPU Captain Falcon.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Level 9 Ganondorf mindgamed me into getting hit by his Warlock Punch today by hitting the pillar in Luigi's Mansion to extend the hitbox.

Level 9s are gods. No-one can hope to beat them. Not even Captain Falcon himself can beat a CPU Captain Falcon.
some gods they are.

fail gods

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek

I have to practice with them all the time >_>.

Hooray for new avatars.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Offline tourney>Offline>training mode>online>CPU

That is all.
Offline>Online>CPU

That is all.

How the hell could you ever get good in training mode? You're not serious are you? And if you include offline tourney then you might as well include online tourney and tourneys against CPUs.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
i remember BengalzRZ made a training regimen for marth that used training mode exclusively

if i remember correctly, it took about 2 hours to finish

training mode helps you understand your character. CPUs are better at testing your responses to some situations.
People are best at testing you in situations and your knowledge of your character.

+ how well you do in response to the Havokks Hot/Cold theory

Player-3

Smash Hero
doesn't work like that for falcon darx

marth you have to have certain things down, falcon is really just player stuff

Top Bottom