• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
doesn't work like that for falcon darx

marth you have to have certain things down, falcon is really just player stuff
thats fine with with me. i don't use falcon that much in tourneys. only when i know that the odds of taking the pot is heavily against me.

Which makes Falcon easy to master....or easy to spam things with.

Marth isn't a complex character that takes a long time to master, he's just another player :ohwell:.

(Of course, this opinion might change the moment I get back in Wi-Fi again.)
the second statement i do not agree with.
sure he is not that complex, but in order to master everything he has it takes a lot of time and experience. you cant make a big jump fast with marth, it takes dedication.

thats how a lot of marths saw it back in the day, i don't hang around the marth boards anymore so much anymore.

but im pretty sure that thats how it still is.

but back to falcon......

Arcade

Smash Ace
Lol, Melee's CPUs were such BS. Incredibly predictable, yet powershield exactly 50% of your projectiles and used only jab until you were at 60%+

Their approach was the best.

No projectiles: Walk forward until in jab range
Projectile: Walk forward until in jab range, stopping to use projectile every ten feet.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i hated CPU Falco and Fox in melee

all they did was jab :\

at least they do something lol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
How the hell could you ever get good in training mode? You're not serious are you? And if you include offline tourney then you might as well include online tourney and tourneys against CPUs.
Because in training mode you can actually choose what you want to train.
By playing with CPUs you simulate real fights with false situations, thus giving you bad reflexes.

And have you ever been to an offline tourney ? You know, with people that come for the money ? And have you played them ?
Because the amount of knowledge you can get from this makes your "tourneys against CPUs" sentence look more ignorant than sarcastic.

Oh and why I put training mode>online is because online screws with your timing and buffer game, but online is still useful to get a human opponent.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Mmk, whatever you say. My timing offline is actually spot-on because of Wi-Fi, I **** you not. Maybe if you ONLY EVER played on Wi-Fi then maybe you're timing would be completely jacked up.

And I understand that offline tourney play is what increases your skill the most, because of the pressure. You're still pressured on Wi-Fail and even CPU tourneys (if you have no life) it's just that the pressure is not as great. It's still there, nonetheless.

And edit: Read this http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=60852

Player-3

Smash Hero
wtf tournaments dont mske you better

Getting brutally ***** by a good player, and recognuzing what you are doing wrong, and what the opponent is doing right makes you better

You could tourney scrubs all day every day and not be very good because you arent getting punished for stupid ****

Yung Mei

Getting brutally ***** by a good player, and recognuzing what you are doing wrong, and what the opponent is doing right makes you better

You could tourney scrubs all day every day and not be very good because you arent getting punished for stupid ****
THIS TIMES INFINITY

i never learned how to use Falcon well until i got my *** kicked repeatedly by a much better falcon.

Same for Ike lol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre

wtf where is the best place to get brutally ***** by good players if it's not tournaments ? I dun understand è_è

@lord : I read it, the guy said offline and online use different playstyles. Which was kinda my point.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Correction Teluorborg:

He said you CAN play differently on Wi-Fi (aka abuse it) if you don't abuse Wi-Fi and play as you would offline online you're going to play at your full potential offline. Which is what he said in a nutshell.

The only time I ever abuse Wi-Fi is if it's really laggy (then I start spamming utilt and FK.)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Agreed with lordhelmet. I play online the same way I play offline... and I mostly suck because of it. I hate lag so **** much...

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion

there are tourneys with good players. if you can access them then they are the best way to improve to an advanced level. with any character

stfu scrubs
haaaahahaahha

Player-3

Smash Hero
i didn't say they didn't

i said playing good people makes you better, not going to tournaments doesn't it just doesn't help if they are all really bad players

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Right, sorry I hadn't thought about tourneys with bad player (not being ironic here).

So in the end everyone agrees that the best way to improve is to fight good/better players.

Now I can go back to updating my buffering guide.

<3 you all (except Willz).

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Right, sorry I hadn't thought about tourneys with bad player (not being ironic here).

So in the end everyone agrees that the best way to improve is to fight good/better players.

Now I can go back to updating my buffering guide.

<3 you all (except Willz).
Willz is my favorite D:

And feel free to bump your guide, that way I'll remember to update the Compendium.

Yung Mei

Up+B is amazing if you know how to First Hit Nair. It leads to an inescapable up+B on just about, if not all characters on the roster.
would that be only if you so a fast fall the nAir on the ground, or will it work in the air too?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Uh FHNair to up B isn't guaranteed, the only things I see it legitly comboing in are jab, Ftilt, grab and dash attack (and knee on Jiggs).

But up B is good though, aerial grabs are always good tools.
Falcon's is not as good as the others because it's rising instead of falling, but nonetheless.

Yung Mei

you what'd be great though? If he was secretly working on a second combo video. The brawl boards would orgasm simultaneously

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Hey guys I haven't posted here for a while, did anyone miss me. Obviously not as much as people missed Rebaz. I miss that guy too. I rewatched Knee of the North Star like a couple of days ago.

Top Bottom