• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
It all depends on the player's connection speeds. It's not difficult to establish a connection world-wide, so it doesn't make much of a difference based on location. I played with a few people in Europe on a daily basis and the connection was better than most Americans. :/
^this, i´m latinamerican and i has blue conection, and so does a few europeans i met.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Pirate rap rules!

also i got into final in an important spanish tournament, isnt a pro one but i will earn 10-20 euros per week now, because we are now in the "Honored League" from the LVP (Spanish Videogame League)

Im going to play the Winner finals in a hour but doesnt matter

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Pirate rap rules!

also i got into final in an important spanish tournament, isnt a pro one but i will earn 10-20 euros per week now, because we are now in the "Honored League" from the LVP (Spanish Videogame League)

Im going to play the Winner finals in a hour but doesnt matter
wow nice! good luck then!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i just asked someone, they said there werent any upsets :V

who did he beat?

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Darky I was joking about the quitting thing xD, I'll never drop CF.

And I just realized that dittos mean nothing, the only bad thing was him getting 2-stocked by a yoshi :(

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
And I just realized that dittos mean nothing
This.

I always found it silly when people would ask me for Falcon dittos to see who was the better Falcon. Just... what. I don't mind dittos or anything, but they should never be taken seriously.

Unless it's MK dittos.
Super serious mode.
No smiling allowed.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Whoever wins more and gets a better placement on a tourney the MOST with that certain character, is the better player. That is the only way to prove it.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Lol wow you guys.

I gave Delta a nickel so we could "MM" best of 3. He anal'd me with Yoshi which shouldn't be a surprise because Delta is like.. ****ing amazing. He was ranked in the hardest region in the US with Yoshi.

The ditto was a friendly and I even SD'd at like 60% lol.

I placed 17th/72 beating Gio/Carls for notable wins (both PR'd players). Went 50/50 CF/MK.

Alzo, Darky. I got to hang out with Near a bit. We didn't get to play because we had to move to the auditorium and all the setups went bye-bye. He lost to my man L_Cancel tho ;)

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
K, I'm looking forward to the upload on YT(you vs gio and carls).

And besides who cares if you SD'd, dittos mean nothing xD. But I'll never forget the day I lost to guydudeman's pocket CF on that wifi Falcon only tourney tho...

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
He didn't beat anyone. He lost.
Against a Yoshi -- who changed to a Falcon.
He's not out though, apparently.

The entire stream was rooting for Helmet. lol
sometimes defeat comes from the least expected chars, in my last tournament i lost at semi finals to a R.O.B while playing as snake, the guy who played R.O.B played as snake for over 3 rounds so i was expecting a ditto match.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
im bringing my wii to a tourney next sat so theres no way i cant have some good replays up as long as someone can record n **** and if so fatal comes ima woop that snake tail yeaaaaa

friendlies r the best.

:phone:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Lol wow you guys.

I gave Delta a nickel so we could "MM" best of 3. He anal'd me with Yoshi which shouldn't be a surprise because Delta is like.. ****ing amazing. He was ranked in the hardest region in the US with Yoshi.

The ditto was a friendly and I even SD'd at like 60% lol.

I placed 17th/72 beating Gio/Carls for notable wins (both PR'd players). Went 50/50 CF/MK.

Alzo, Darky. I got to hang out with Near a bit. We didn't get to play because we had to move to the auditorium and all the setups went bye-bye. He lost to my man L_Cancel tho ;)
Yeah, don't worry. I kept the stream chat active for you. When you lost, I got everyone in a huge uproar because you lost. Almost everyone there wanted you to win. lol

That SD on Delfino was the most upsetting part.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Double posting again, but with some useful content.
For the people who haven't seen Nick Riddle's video on priority:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpxfUlkWwI

I decided to do some testing on moves and how we can beat out things more easily, considering it bases it on the percent difference. Captain Falcon's smashes are obviously good for this. Falcon Punch is easily one of the best moves in the game for it but often gets demolished before the active punch frames come out. His upward directed Ftilt deals 11% fresh instead of the usual 10% for forward or downward tilted. Utilt deals 13%, so that's also great.

... and an upward tilted, fully charged Fsmash does 28%. That's more damage than Falcon Punch. lol

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I need to train my falco for NYU :|

I wanna get a placement higher than 17th which is what i usually get in every tourney by going full captain falcon.

Lionman

Smash Champion
New Falcon Texture because im bored

From KR Series, Shocker General: Captain Falcon

Inspired in the Shocker Grunts from KR series

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Double posting again, but with some useful content.
For the people who haven't seen Nick Riddle's video on priority:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpxfUlkWwI

I decided to do some testing on moves and how we can beat out things more easily, considering it bases it on the percent difference. Captain Falcon's smashes are obviously good for this. Falcon Punch is easily one of the best moves in the game for it but often gets demolished before the active punch frames come out. His upward directed Ftilt deals 11% fresh instead of the usual 10% for forward or downward tilted. Utilt deals 13%, so that's also great.

... and an upward tilted, fully charged Fsmash does 28%. That's more damage than Falcon Punch. lol
The problem is that priority is hardly relevant in the game because it only comes into the equation when the hitboxes collide. the problem is that Falcon's moveset is slow save for Jab and Uair, so there's no reliable way to use the priority.

One use for it is canceling projectiles though. Whenever you don't feel like PSing **** just hold A and you'll stop anything that isn't transcendant or deals more than 12%.
SHFair is also good against Samus and Zelda. Clank with the projectile, hit them with the late hitbox, follow up with jab.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The problem is that priority is hardly relevant in the game because it only comes into the equation when the hitboxes collide. the problem is that Falcon's moveset is slow save for Jab and Uair, so there's no reliable way to use the priority.

One use for it is canceling projectiles though. Whenever you don't feel like PSing **** just hold A and you'll stop anything that isn't transcendant or deals more than 12%.
SHFair is also good against Samus and Zelda. Clank with the projectile, hit them with the late hitbox, follow up with jab.
Not necessarily. In many situations, it can be and is relevant. Neta Knight's tornado, for example. There's match-ups where knowing how to get that extra 10-11% can really, really help. I do agree with what you said about the jab, though. It beats out most uncharged projectiles (Pikachu's thunderbolt especially).

We mainly use aerials though. We don't generally bother with straight up out prioritizing. But utilt and upward ftilt are actually useful in some cases too. Makes me feel a lot better knowing that it will either clash or beat out most moves. Usually the latter since we generally space them. lol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Not necessarily. In many situations, it can be and is relevant. Neta Knight's tornado, for example. There's match-ups where knowing how to get that extra 10-11% can really, really help. I do agree with what you said about the jab, though. It beats out most uncharged projectiles (Pikachu's thunderbolt especially).
Sadly Falcon will only be able to beat tornado if it's grounded (aka never), because the move has projectile priority so you'll never beat it in the air unless you avoid the hitboxes by hitting from very specific angles.

We mainly use aerials though. We don't generally bother with straight up out prioritizing. But utilt and upward ftilt are actually useful in some cases too. Makes me feel a lot better knowing that it will either clash or beat out most moves. Usually the latter since we generally space them. lol
Beating out a move doesn't rely on spacing but ok. Up angled Ftilt is actually quite a good anti air and also a decent follow up for dash attack and Dthrow.

Top Bottom