• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Kaizoku sentai gokaiger

Sense its the 20th anniversary for the American power rangers it kinda makes sense to have a dino themed one again.

Apparently the mechas are going to speak as well...Like SABA!

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Sadly Falcon will only be able to beat tornado if it's grounded (aka never), because the move has projectile priority so you'll never beat it in the air unless you avoid the hitboxes by hitting from very specific angles.
That makes no sense. Projectile priority has no meaning whatsoever in this case. I haven't had much trouble beating out the tornado when it's in midair, though I don't know why a Meta Knight would do that since it alters the landing lag frames by doing that. If you move away from him and he's going in midair with it -- or even shield the last few hits, you can punish it with a grab at the very least. lol

Beating out a move doesn't rely on spacing but ok. Up angled Ftilt is actually quite a good anti air and also a decent follow up for dash attack and Dthrow.
No, it doesn't change the priority. But Falcon's moves (that I mentioned) are disjointed. If you don't give yourself the proper spacing, you're going to get eaten out by another move before your active attack frames even start. With Meta Knight, that's usually the issue. His hurtbox is small and the hitbox is too large. Worst priority in the game, but it just eats through moves like candy due to it.

Dash away > Shield > whatever is what I've always used against Meta Knight's tornado and I haven't had much of an issue after some practice. Tornado is the least of our problems on most stages. Who abuses tornado these days though? lol

But yes, it is a good anti-air and follow up after down throw.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Wow, this looks pretty interesting. Is the main villain supposed to be Anubis? If so, I don't recall Egyptian god lore saying Anubis had the ability to power up and fire beams from his hands. lol

:phone:
the thing i don´t like about the villain of this movie is that it looks more like a bunny rather than a dog like the actuall egyptian god does, and it should be black not purple.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
the thing i don´t like about the villain of this movie is that it looks more like a bunny rather than a dog like the actuall egyptian god does, and it should be black not purple.
Well, Anubis is actually a jackal, and while they are dogs, they have long ears and weird faces. I do agree with the color though. The design of the villain, while a cool nod to Anubis, just doesn't look like a DBZ villain to me, which is fine for the sake of bringing in a fresh idea.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to acedude for 2 stocking a sonic main and doing good at the tournament in general

Acedude55

Smash Ace
shoutout 2 me not winning vs snake. falcon losing vs snake. sad day

but special shoutout 2 me for landing an offstage 360 falcon punch stage spike on William

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
That Dekillsage just knows how to handle CF with snake, he used to beat me all the time at deven's smashfest LOL

and I didn't get to play will's DK ;_;

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
You guys would do well to keep this info in mind.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260735

Make sure to count nine moves before using a knee again if you want it to be fresh for a kill. Gentleman canceling our jabs (since multiple hit moves only counts as a single hit) works too, since it's resetting the move. I've always had an idea of how decay worked, but that really made things more clear.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
LOL I remember when the black ranger in the original PRs was african-american. That looked so wrong @__@

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I believe he was too afraid to get pivot grabbed, d-air'd, or FH N-air'd>Grab, that's why he didn't roll. And he doesn't rely on spot dodging too much because it isn't that good, but when it was really necessary, it was already too late lol.

If my shield was in that condition, I'd run away from my opponent by hanging on the edge, staying on the platforms, staying in the air etc until my shield gets back to normal.

Lionman

Smash Champion
We should make the combo vid more personal, i suggest to record ourselves doing epic poses with explosions in the background

Top Bottom