• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The end of melee tournys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
When project m is done and released will it replace melee tournys?

I was wondering for a while now and I don't see why it wouldn't if it turns out good. It will be everything we thought brawl was going to be lol

Also I'm am still so exited for it to be finished, is there any recent news on it?

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
But isn't that the point? A perfect replica just more characters and better brawl textures? Isn't that why it's taking so ************** long to even begin beta testing?

Pi

Smash Hero
But isn't that the point? A perfect replica just more characters and better brawl textures? Isn't that why it's taking so ************** long to even begin beta testing?
idk what fantasy world your living in but project M still has a long way to go before it's a perfect replica

not saying the endevour isn't worth it
even now i'm able to pick up characters and adapt quite quickly to how they play

but i think you're forgetting that project m isn't even suppost to be a perfect replica of melee
it's supposed to be it's own unique game with melee physics

it's not going to -replace- melee, because it's not melee, and it's not trying to be melee, it's taking things from both games and merging them into it's own game to be played

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
See I don't have alot of info on project m yet because I can't find much info besides YouTube videos, i'm bad at archiving smashboards

But you don't think, if done right, it will become a big tourny scene, replacing melee monthlies and some big tournys?

I feel like if brawl was heavy in tech skill and more competitive almost all melée players would of moved to it. So that's why I was thinking that about project m

am I just totally wrong? Lol

gm jack

Smash Lord
At this point, it would have to be unrealistically close to melee, and the new characters would not have to disrupt the current metagame. Considering how intrinsically good people like MK are, I can't see that happening.

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
Maybe im just looking at this to open minded, like a new start of something seems very interesting. But I could see from what your saying how it couldn't replace melee. Actualy nothing can or every will :D Haha

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't think they'll every bring out that effect of melee marths, pichu, and puffs the only thing that needs chnaged about melee puff is rest doing only 5%.

Also I don't really feel like playing what ifs with you

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't think they'll every bring out that effect of melee marths, pichu, and puffs the only thing that needs chnaged about melee puff is rest doing only 5%.

Also I don't really feel like playing what ifs with you
You do realise that once they figure out landing detection and L-Cancelling during hit-lag, Marth will be EXACTLY the same as in Melee.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
people who actually love melee probably won't main project m instead

i'm not saying project m won't be a good game though, i'm looking forward to it

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if it's techical enough for me to play. Yes i've seen shiz wiz matches : P

melee players have to make everything hard

that's what she said to ruin it for anyone wanting to try it

that's what she said.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Because there have been several other threads discussing the same thing.

Revven

FrankerZ
Too much effort, anyway. You need to learn a new game, get a Wii (if you use a GCN), hack it somehow and download P:M.
You only need an SD Card and can use PM without hacking your Wii, it's called Stack Smash. But hacking your Wii is beneficial anyway, so I don't see why you wouldn't do it other than being afraid to.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
project m is a sad and futile attempt to duplicate melee. If you want to play a good game, just play melee.

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
nothing will ever replace melee

plus projectM will be nothing more than brawl+, a side event at tourneys...except it will be 100x better than brawl+ but still 100x worse than melee :D (brawl+ is 100x better than brawl. you do the math)

Revven

FrankerZ
project m is a sad and futile attempt to duplicate melee. If you want to play a good game, just play melee.
It's not a "sad attempt". Secondly, it's a sequel and it's not even done. And if you haven't even played it yet then you shouldn't be so prejudice towards it.

Geist

Smash Master
Bleh people and their theories.
Here's a theory: play the game you like. This may be a hard concept for some to grasp but it'll sink in over time.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Chalesz has spoken we must respect his wisedom. But I would think a melee verison of snake/diddy would be broken unless you rush them like falco or something

Zodiac

Smash Master
I loled when I read "Replace melee" ...That should be enough of an answer

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Had project M been brawl's official release instead of what Brawl is now, every single person would've switched over, but Brawl made a big separation in the community, I don't think the Melee players will want to move from there game due to what brawl did to melee.
Not to **** with Brawl, it sounded like I was pointing fingers to Brawl, I'm not, but it sure as hell made me sceptical to other games, even though Project: M is fun, I played it for like 30 minutes.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
A lot of people will probably play Project M for fun.

I think its incredibly doubtful that it will overtake melee completely, but this is all baseless conjecture <lol pheonix wright puns =D> so yea really theres not much to be said.

Melee survived its biggest test (brawl) so I think we're good for a while :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom