• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dragon's Den: Official Dragonite Support Thread

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh I didn't use rentals, I used my own cause rentals stink. Well, that's what the move looked like to me.

Now that I think about it, the move called "Sky Attack" looked wayyyy more appealing on Stadium 2. If he were to use that as his super move then Dragonite would really be a force to reckon with!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i dunno... wasnt "outrage released during 2nd gen? in other words, it couldnt have been in pokemon stadium 1. in pokemon stadium 2, dratini and dragonair use it like some sort of black beam covered in white electricity pretruding from the ground. it looks pretty weird.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Of course Outrage wasn't on Stadium 1.

Black beam with white electricity? Are you talking about the purple electricity cause that would be Fissure.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
hmmm.... i replaced the normal text colour with a yucky turqoise colour and added a new ability dragonite could have (gliding).
what do you think?

Wrath`

Smash Master
HOW TO MAKE SABLYE INVINCEIBLE:1.this only works in a double battle.
2.since sablye is ghost/dark he has no weaknesses.
3.have called out into a double battle these pokemon:a pokemon that knows skill swap and shedinja for wonder guard.
4.use skill swap on shedinja to get it on your other pokemon.
5.call out sablye
6.use skill swap on sablye
7.He now has wonder guard and since only super effective moves can hit him, he's invinceible because there are no moves that can do super effective damage to him.

ANd there you go.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
HOW TO MAKE SABLYE INVINCEIBLE:1.this only works in a double battle.
2.since sablye is ghost/dark he has no weaknesses.
3.have called out into a double battle these pokemon:a pokemon that knows skill swap and shedinja for wonder guard.
4.use skill swap on shedinja to get it on your other pokemon.
5.call out sablye
6.use skill swap on sablye
7.He now has wonder guard and since only super effective moves can hit him, he's invinceible because there are no moves that can do super effective damage to him.

ANd there you go.
still isnt invincible.... it can be hit by damaging effects like sandstorm.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Except the common Tyranitar... Also, it's pretty hard to set up, and not worth it because Skarmory, or anything else can Roar/Whirlwind you away.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
do you think Dragonite should use element punches such as Fire Punch and Thunder Punch? they seem to be pretty significant to Dragonite. it even learns through level in D/P. I dunno if Dragonite would slash or punch...
Feather Rest... that could be a pretty cool move... i don't know how it could work though...

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
do you think Dragonite should use element punches such as Fire Punch and Thunder Punch? they seem to be pretty significant to Dragonite. it even learns through level in D/P. I dunno if Dragonite would slash or punch...
Feather Rest... that could be a pretty cool move... i don't know how it could work though...
Those moves could work for like a smash atk.

Wrath`

Smash Master
If he had fire punch in brawl.(wich he'll never make it)Wouldnt that go against your we have to many people who use fire in there moves.

(Or was that somebody eles?If it was, sorry)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
If he had fire punch in brawl.(wich he'll never make it)Wouldnt that go against your we have to many people who use fire in there moves.

(Or was that somebody eles?If it was, sorry)
i know how stupid you are, but how could you make it so obvious that you are trying to annoy me? if you aren't going to post something that isn't an ignorant opinion, don't post here again.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
to........many.....................poke..................mon.....................in...............smash.............................drownig...................in...............poke.........................mon.........................gasp..............

Wrath`

Smash Master
i know how stupid you are, but how could you make it so obvious that you are trying to annoy me? if you aren't going to post something that isn't an ignorant opinion, don't post here again.
Dont get mad at the fact that i found a flaw.
ANd really F oni.Do you truly in your heart and soul think d/nite has a chance.I think d/nite is cool,but i'm going to be realistic and say that i dont see him having a chance to get above pokeball status.

(posting and proud)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Dont get mad at the fact that i found a flaw.
found a flaw? nice effort, but no. i suggested that maybe dragonite should use either a fire or electric punch and you point out that i don't want any more fire attacks. (by the way, i don't believe in BS like that)
this is a perfect example of how you try to "win" arguments even though you don't want to make any points. you're trying to point out an opinion that you aren't even sure of me believing only because you want to beat me. i'm sorry for finding your contradictions, so stop trying to find mine.
ANd really F oni.Do you truly in your heart and soul think d/nite has a chance.I think d/nite is cool,but i'm going to be realistic and say that i dont see him having a chance to get above pokeball status.
you don't have to tell me your stance on dragonite more than once. i know how stubborn you are. if you don't think dragonite will get in for no reason, fine. shut up about it. noone cares.

in other news, check out those dragonite sprites i made on the front page. they have dragonite in different colours it could be played as... if you want me to make a sprite of dragonite in your desired pokemon colours, suggest them whenever you want...

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
'in other news, check out those dragonite sprites i made on the front page. they have dragonite in different colours it could be played as... if you want me to make a sprite of dragonite in your desired pokemon colours, suggest them whenever you want..."

What would a white dragonite look like (changing his already white spots; his stomach and wings)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
got a certain pokemon's colour in mind, or do you just want a completely white dragonite?
hows this for a white dragonite?

hows this? it's an aerodactyl coloured dragonite...

Assunder

Smash Rookie
With the detailed description, I believe that Dragonite would be a great character in Brawl.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I,unlike oni can accsept the fact that people can own me.

One thing though,if you were to put the top three players and me in a 4-way party battle,I'd have a good chance of geting 2nd-1st.

Better chocie than d/nite:tyranitar,aggron.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
please wrath, go away. you aren't making a good argument. you're just annoying people and scaring them away....
if you aren't gonna do anything else besides pathetically hate on me, dragonite and state ignorant opinions, find something else to do.

so, you wanna see dragonite in auburn... i dunno any pokemon that are auburn coloured... you got a shade of pokemon colour in mind?
hows this for now? its a charizard coloured dragonite... it auctually doesn't look much different from the original

lol, it's just got darker colours...
IMO, the salamence coloured dragonite looks pretty cool

Wrath`

Smash Master
please wrath, go away. you aren't making a good argument. you're just annoying people and scaring them away....
if you aren't gonna do anything else besides pathetically hate on me, dragonite and state ignorant opinions, find something else to do.

so, you wanna see dragonite in auburn... i dunno any pokemon that are auburn coloured... you got a shade of pokemon colour in mind?
hows this for now? its a charizard coloured dragonite... it auctually doesn't look much different from the original

I'm only hating on you because you hate on me.I can sese all hate towrd you at any time.Just dont hate on me.

The albino thing was a joke.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

Oh baby! That's a sweet color for Dragonite. Thanks Fierce!

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
I think that there should be no more pokemon in the game unless they replace one with pichu or mewtwo.

Dragonite is cool, but he isnt a main character. No pokemon are. The other characters play huge roles in the games that they come from.

Pokemon is just picking a few fighters out of over 300 different characters. Pikachu and jigglypuff were acceptable because they are mascots of the franchise. Mewtwo and pichu were unexeptable, and i think they need to stop. There are other characters that deserve it more than dragonite.

Thats my opinion, and now all of you poke fans can yell at me.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
thats fine. pokemon break the rule of having to be mascots and generic though. jigglypuff isn't even a mascot. it's only has (or had) popularity and that is the only thing that judges what pokemon become characters. the only pokemon close to anything like a mascot is pikachu (although the oversized legendarys seem to represent pokemon generations)
I'm only hating on you because you hate on me.I can sese all hate towrd you at any time.Just dont hate on me.
like i've told you before, think about what you're posting beforehand. if you know that what your posting will have a negative effect, don't post it.

anyone want to see dragonite in other pokemon colours?

Top Bottom