• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dragon's Den: Official Dragonite Support Thread

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i've found better things to do then have pointless arguments with TWoK and other similar people.
no matter how much work you put into something, they just argue to win

Fawriel

Smash Master
The ignorant one always wins the argument.

Erm. Yes. Dragonite would be cute. A winning pose could be a majestic pose with spread wings while singing in its whale-like voice from the anime.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Dragonite rulez. I would love to see him in brawl. He would bring a unique set of moves with his ability to use such a wide variety of different pokemon attacks from fire types to electric types. On top of this he would have a unique fighting style being both floaty and heavy amazing job on this thread. Dragonite for brawl.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
If Sakurai continues his favor of the original 150 I think Dragonite is the next in line.

Dragonite

Neutral B - Swift, fires a barrage of about 5 stars out of his mouth. Stars grow in size, knockback, range, and number as attack is charged.

Forward B - Extreme Speed, if used on the ground dragonite will jump upwards a short distance, and dash/fly very fast forward, invincible while dashing. If used in air, the jump animation will not be present.

Up B - Twister, puts hands together above head, and puts feet together, turns into a glowing tornado. If enemy is caught in it will trap and damage them until the attack ends.

Down B - Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, Dragonite raises his mouth upwards and a random move comes our and starts to circle from the top of him to the bottom quickly and lasts about one second, enemies hit will go as follows. Ice Beam will do a medium of damage and slow the enemy if hit by it. Thunderbolt will do a little bit and make the enemy stunned for a second. Flamethrower will do a little bit of damage and briefly burn the enemy, making them take 1% damage for around 3 seconds. if

A - Right Hook, steps forward with his right foot then punches
AA - Right Hook, Left Uppercut, knocks enemy slightly upwards
AAA - Right Hook, Left Uppercut, Front flip, does a quick front flip, bashing foe with his huge tail
Tilt Forward A - Headbutt, rolls head from right to left while leaning forward
Tilt Up A - Dragon Rage, tilts head up and shoots a small green flame upwards
Tilt Down A - Tail Sweep, crouches and spins with his tail in a full circle
Smash Forward A - Body Slam, flies forward with body as a weapon
Smash Up A - Hammer, holds both hands above head and hammers downwards
Smash Down A - Earthquake, holds leg up, when release stomps downwards, sends out small shockwave
Aerial A - Swipes, Swipes with right claw
Aerial Forward A - Tail Smash, does a quick front flip, spiking the enemy with his massive tail, is a spike.
Aerial Up A - Claps hands above head
Aerial Back A - Back Flip, does a backflip, smashes downwards with tail, is a powerful spike.
Aerial Down A - Flutter Kick, swipes feet 3 times below body.
Dash A - Dragon Claw, sweeps his right hand forward, if close enough to another player will grab them.

Grab - Holds onto with both hands
Grab Hit - Slams into ground and picks up again
Throw Up - Holds above head and backflips and hits with tail
Throw Down - Seismic Toss, bear hugs, jumps upwards and slams head first into stage.
Throw Forward - Holds behind head with both hands, and chucks forward
Throw Back - Holds with one hand, starts shooting them with fire as he swings them over head, let's go when behind him

Taunt - Closes eyes and roars a little
Idle - Puts hand up to mouth and looks curiously around
Walk - Trots with arms at side
Run - Runs very fast, hovers slightly above ground and zooms forward almost as fast as C. Falcon
Jump 1 - Jumps up with both hands up
Jump 2 - Flaps wings, can do this 3 times
Kirby Hat - Kirby Hat: He wears the top half of dragonite's head and has his little wings.
Final Smash - Dragon Dance, Dragon flies right up next to the screen and roars, all sorts of different dragon pokemon start flying across the stage dealing heavy damage depending on which one you get hit by.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I think that OddCrow has a very valid point. I they keep with the original 150 then Dragonite has I would say an excelent chance. btw, I love your idea for the foward B.

Black/Light

Smash Master
hahaha i can't believe you're still here
i actually feel a little sorry for you
Oh, you came back to the thread.

Well, if I remember correctly, you wanted Char if Dnite didn't show up so you got that wish. Good call on that. :kirby:

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Dragonite>Gengar

both in popularity and awesomeness

(lol, opinion, I know, but w/e)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dragonite was in my first pokemon Team...

It was based more on what Pokemon I liked, of course...and not stats...

Gengar
Alakazam
Dragonite
Zapdos
Blastoise

and I forgot the last one

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well to me it seems like they really aren't gonna add any more pokemon characters, now that they added a 3 in 1 already
dragonite would've been sweet though
but charizard should be cool... as long as it has flamethrower

at least deoxys isn't gonna be a character. thats one thing i can be glad of
and everyone quit the *pokemon*>*pokemon* bs, its bias and annoying
ok, well unless its obvious

ey TWoK, you do realise that ganon only has 2 N's right?

hey, munchlax isn't in either! woot

when you can't get what you want, all you can do is be glad for what you're not getting

MysticKenji

Smash Master

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
no, I'm pretty sure that

Dragonite>all of the original 150

IMO atleast, also, would anyone care to comment on my moveset? I think IF he was included that moveset would be quite favorable.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I really liked it especially the foward-B move, but I would like to see a different down-B.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Out of even the original 151, there are better picks.
Psyduck ftw. Do not doubt the 'duck.
Psyduck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dragonite in terms of awesomeness, especially due to Dragonite's very "cute" appearance. Psyduck is supposed to be comical, and succeeds at that, where Dragonite tries to be tough-looking, and fails.
Besides, they found Psyduck important enough to make it a starter in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. What does Dragonite have? Nada!
In conclusion, this thread is stupider than the Mew thread, and Psyduck is betteru.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
what the heck... this thread became popular after i lost interest in it. how convenient.
anyway, noone cares about psyduck. if you love him so much you're better off going to a psyduck support thread (if one exists) instead of trolling.

and anyway, if you bothered to read the first post... well, i guess theres not much point replying to you then. so psyduck was a mystery dungeon character (minor if you ask me, there were heaps), so what. dragonite has had too many roles to count, and dragonite doesnt have to look tough, because it is.
its hypocritical to insult dragonites looks when your comparing it to psyduck.

in conclusion, your bias and im wasting my time by replying to you

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Dragonite would be cool but im not sure they would put yet another 1st gen pkmn in.Especially if Jiggs and Mew2 are returning. Honestly the only new pkmn i see coming is Lucario.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but I don't think Dragonite has got much of a chance. But that first post is the best and most detailed character thread I've seen. Props to you, OP.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
what the heck... this thread became popular after i lost interest in it. how convenient.
anyway, noone cares about psyduck. if you love him so much you're better off going to a psyduck support thread (if one exists) instead of trolling.

and anyway, if you bothered to read the first post... well, i guess theres not much point replying to you then. so psyduck was a mystery dungeon character (minor if you ask me, there were heaps), so what. dragonite has had too many roles to count, and dragonite doesnt have to look tough, because it is.
its hypocritical to insult dragonites looks when your comparing it to psyduck.

in conclusion, your bias and im wasting my time by replying to you
Psyduck is more important than Dragonite in terms of many things, not the least being popularity. I don't care about the first post, because however elaborate and high-quality it is, Dragonite will not be playable in Brawl. I would go so far as to say it would be lucky to be in a PokeBall.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
bah, why is this happening to me? well this is the only good unpopular pokemon thread so what can i expect...
Psyduck is more important than Dragonite in terms of many things, not the least being popularity. I don't care about the first post, because however elaborate and high-quality it is, Dragonite will not be playable in Brawl. I would go so far as to say it would be lucky to be in a PokeBall.
who's saying dragonite is gonna be in? this is just a very old support thread. all i know is that you're a bias ignorant arrogant troll.
and if psyduck is so much more important, why not list why? you've only listed 1 petty excuse of its importance and stated that dragonite has "nada" even though there are numerous important roles of dragonite listed on the front page. if psyduck is more popular, how come dragonite got in the top 20 pokemon while psyduck didnt?

hey, looked what i found. go post your psyduck support in this very succesful thread why dont you? i wonder why the only psyduck thread died so rapidly
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104859&highlight=psyduck
For once i agree with pinaple.
what are you still doing here? noone cares about what you think and who you agree with
Besides, if Dragonite is so popular, you'd think he would've been in Melee in some form... >_>
alot of popular pokemon weren't featured in melee. that doesn't make them any less popular.

Top Bottom