• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dragon's Den: Official Dragonite Support Thread

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Dragonite as a....playable character? Bout time someone made a tight thread about a titan powerhouse. Dragonite all da way to Brawl son!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i have updated the front page, the bottom part full of reasons is... upgraded and i added more move possibilities as well as simplified desciptions.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I was impressed of how much work you put into this. I'm all for Dragonite been in Brawl, he would be so cool

P0ZE-ITION

Smash Rookie
if any flying pokemon were to be in brawl i would want ridly. and plus, other pokemon are more deserving like everyone else is saying.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
if any flying pokemon were to be in brawl i would want ridly. and plus, other pokemon are more deserving like everyone else is saying.
i already listed plenty of reasons of why dragonite is deserving. he is more deserving than nearly all of the other pokemon. do you want to list a reason why it isnt deserving?
you know, back up your statement with reasons for your belief. if someone says "no" without any staements to back it up, i count those pots as spam.

Eek A Mouse

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is a pokemon now? Here's me thinking he was a Metroid character....

Anyway, nice ideas for this guy, however deserving people seem to think he is or isn't (as if it matters, nobody is trying to say that he'll be in for definite, just what he could be like if he was), obviously a lot of thought has gone into this, and I can see him working well.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i made some Dragonite support sigs... there not much, and i didnt put alot of effort into them (i did at the start, but i suck at these things anyway) although, enjoy.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
well thought out, but still...

just because he's your favorite doesn't mean he's popular. I'd kill for Bulbasaur in smash, but he's not nearly as in demand as Deoxys or Lucario even Meowth

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
what? you think im ignorant or something?
Dragonite was the only dragon type and one of the only four non legendary non starter bipedal pokemon that appeared on the list of the top twenty most popular pokemon during pokemon’s 10th anniversary so even on official polls, Dragonite is one of the most popular pokemon.
and that was only part of the first post.
i know lucario should be in before dragonite, but its not like only 1 more pokemon is going to be added. Dragonite is deserving. the only thing people can come up with against is "but we need to add a bunch of 3rd generation characters for no apparent reason! no more 1st or 2nd gen can be in!"

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
not that he isnt deserving, it just wouldnt b a good choice for a regualr character. many of the pokemon everyone thinks should be in are so good, if they do get put in, the smash makers have to "suck them down" ( I.E Mewtwo could have been so much better) dragonite would lose so much potenial, that it would be best to put him in a pokeball. i never saw the lucario movie, so i dunno about him. and deoxys needs a pokeball two, one for each of his forms. dragonite is deserving, but they would make him suck in the game

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
so... because the only cool SSB pokemon: mewtwo was bottom tier in 1 game, that means that every pokemon that isnt cute will suck? you know, tiers arent everything and mewtwo will get revamped. you cant come up with an idea like that based on 1 character.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
now ur just being ignorant. personally, i hated mewtwo and his movies. but, the fact of the matter is, HE HAD A LOT OF POWER THAT THEY LEFT OUT. out of the approximately 500 pokemon in the whole place, dragonite has to be in the top 20 for me, so it isnt about cuteness or coolness. ur trying to make an excuse to relate me to the lucario buffs and blaziken fanboys. really, i could care less about a tier, because it isnt based on skill, it is based on if each pf those was at like the same level. and really, a good mewtwo could beat a good fox or falco. i dont want another mewtwo in dragonite. i can come up with an idea like that, not just from this one character, but in many games in general. the video game industry has ways of subtly repeating itself, so deal.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
me? being ignorant? you are the first person that i've ever heard stating that every strong pokemon will suck because of mewtwo. if they gave mewtwo its full power in SSBM, it would be broken. it would have unlimited grab range and be able to throw people farther than it can now (and thats uber far). they tried making it not as uber as it is, and they accidently made it weaker than it should have been in the process. if you think that they are going to make a pattern out of underpowered strong pokemon because of mewtwo and keep mewtwo as underpowered in the next game, ninendo has auctually allowed us to give feedback about what we want in the next game and im sure they know that we want the strong pokemon to be boosted. has any other fighting game asked for feedback for its development? SSB is different from every other fighting game.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
bahahahaha, what do you think of this threads new name?
anyway, i added music themes to this thread. Dragonite could use them for its own stage song (like Y Link using Saria's song in LoZ stages), for part of its victory theme or any other music-character related thing
Themes - Remakes of:
The G/S/C Champion Battle Theme - vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/PkmGS-Battle6.mid
The Dragon's Den Theme - vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/PkmGS-Den.mid
what do you think?

hadji07

Smash Rookie
dragonite does deserve to brawl , cause of his appearance and skill. fierce oni does have a good point, dragonite is Lance's best pokemon and it should become one of the new super smash character , oh and i dont think any pokemon is better then a dragonite !

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well, I've recently added a link to some episodes that feature Dragonite battling.
This one features the Dragonite owned by the orange league champion owning most of Ash's team. I'm pretty certain this is the first episode that a Dragonite battles in.
This one features Lance's Dragonite taking on team rocket (not just the trio) and a red Gyarados.
This one features the Dragonite that protects the Dragon's Den in Blackthorn City, Johto. This Dragonite actually goes on an Outrage.
Potential moves of Dragonite are featured in these.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey Fierce, do ya think there's a slight chance that Charizard will make it into the Smash genre before everyone's favorite Dragonite? I would kinda say that they are even....

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Hey Fierce, do ya think there's a slight chance that Charizard will make it into the Smash genre before everyone's favorite Dragonite? I would kinda say that they are even....
Charizard could have a chance to but they arent the same. Charizard is more popular, but it also has to compete with the other starters. Also, it is already in a pokeball, some of its best potential moves are already being used (Bowser's B Flamethrower, Fire Fox). Anyway, Dragonite is kind of more significant in the games it has been in. Charizard is a starter thats limited to the first generation game and its remake for significance. Dragonite is significant in 2 generations, and it is still appearing in the latest game to. Charizard has more anime significance, but thats all it has and it also has things holding it back (its been in a pokeball in 2 games). Dragonite could also symbolize more things than Charizard (Dragon types, the most powerful pokemon, pokemon that dont say their names). Besides, Dragonite is stronger than Charizard anyway. It practicly beat it down on every encounter with it in the anime.
Yes. And not only Pokémon characters...
There aren't many deserving pokemon. what pokemon do you think are more deserving then? dont get every character involved though... just because Dragonite has a lower chance than characters like Wolf and Diddy Kong doesn't mean it doesnt have a chance.
Except something with Ice Beam or Salamence?
every pokemon has its weaknesses... we could all say that dark, bug and ghost pokemon are better than Mewtwo because of its weak against their moves, couldnt we? do you expect to have a pokemon that is weak to nothing? anyway, Dragonite is better than Salamence. it is more versatile and can be used with different strategys unlike Salamence which is just a rip off of Dragonite anyway... besides, there isnt any point in comparing them because Salamence doesnt stand a chance, being a quadroped and all.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Sableye doesn't have a weakness.....
yeah, but sableye is weak anyway... (look at its base stats)
Well anyway, I guess you're right Fierce. Dragonite so owns Charizard.
not only Charizard. Some Dragonite appear to be as powerful as legendarys in the anime (Dragonite is classified as a legendary in the anime anyway, but still). The one from the Dragon's Den was taking on Pikachu, Charizard and a Dragonair at the same time, and they still didnt stand much of a chance against him even though the only thing making him attack was the fact that it was under attack rage...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
yeah, but sableye is weak anyway... (look at its base stats)
not only Charizard. Some Dragonite appear to be as powerful as legendarys in the anime (Dragonite is classified as a legendary in the anime anyway, but still). The one from the Dragon's Den was taking on Pikachu, Charizard and a Dragonair at the same time, and they still didnt stand much of a chance against him even though the only thing making him attack was the fact that it was under attack rage...
I saw that episode before. It was awesome!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
bah... *bump*
its hard to think of stuff to say when new info is never present...
ummm... anyone got an idea of a stage Dragonite could have?
maybe something like the Dragons Den (Johto), Blackthorn City (Johto), some sort of Elite 4 arena or some made up pokemon stage like poke floats: Dragon Island (i think there is a reference of it in the Dragonite pokedex and dragon frontiers TCG set)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Dragonite let out an sudden outburst of elemental energies; the elements were fire & thunder mixed together! It was a sight to behold.....

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Dragonite let out an sudden outburst of elemental energies; the elements were fire & thunder mixed together! It was a sight to behold.....
i've never seen a move like that. on pokemon stadium 2, dratini and dragonair use outrage like... some sort of eruption of... weird stuff... dragonite cant use outrage as a rental pokemon in it. i dont think outrage looks like that at all in pokemon stadium.

Top Bottom