• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I enjoyed Miss Monochrome. The episodes were short, and I guess it was my type of humor.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Now after knowing that JC Staff is handling Soma, I wonder which studio is doing Prison School.

Going to be tough to do the art justice.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's a matter of preference to some degree. I mostly care about the construct of setting, character & story; everything else is optional and merely support for the big picture. Art should be decent enough to not "get in the way" of the experience.

Also Aku no Hana just wasn't that good, even disregarding the art. The problem i tend to have with old anime usually is not the outdated visuals but rather the outdated cinematography and weird pacing.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Watched Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de. I was impressed by Saori Hayami's performance in today's episode.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
shigatsu wa kimi na uso is good

inou nichijou battles something or other is also above average for what it is
Third to agree. My favorite thing about Inou Nichijou is probably Saori Hayami's performance. Otherwise I just watch it just because it's fun to watch when there's nothing else to watch. Also, the opening and ending somehow got stuck in my head. KimiUso's opening is probably the best song this season in my opinion.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso makes me wanna watch Nodame Cantabile (I only read the manga tho)

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
watching fsn ubw and psycho pass 2 this season; anythin else worth picking up?
New stuff i'd recommend:
  • Amagi Brilliant Park - "Brainless fun", with some foreshadowing of actual plot that has yet to happen.
  • Inou Battle - Pretty good. Ridiculous setting juxtaposed with serious drama.
  • Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Music, competition, rivalry, romance & drama, whatever could go wrong?
  • Sora no Method - Friendship & drama + cute alien loli :3
Continuations of stuff i'd recommend:
  • Log Horizon S2 - You seem to have S1 on your to watch list anyway.
  • Mushishi S2 (Part 2) - Just as godlike as the first season, get to it.
  • Selector spread WIXOSS - Probably underrated, dark & psychological stuff. Sequel of Selector infected WIXOSS.
If you have way too much time on your hands:
  • Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. - Well, twintail sentai, go!
  • Gugure! Kokkuri-san - Slice of life with youkai
  • Karen Senki - Humans vs. Machines, short eps
  • Shirobako - Anime production chaos
  • Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - Over the top romance & drama, shoujo
  • Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru - Modern mahou shoujo (i.e. dark), could go either way.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
New stuff i'd recommend:
  • Amagi Brilliant Park - "Brainless fun", with some foreshadowing of actual plot that has yet to happen.
  • Inou Battle - Pretty good. Ridiculous setting juxtaposed with serious drama.
  • Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Music, competition, rivalry, romance & drama, whatever could go wrong?
  • Sora no Method - Friendship & drama + cute alien loli :3
Continuations of stuff i'd recommend:
  • Log Horizon S2 - You seem to have S1 on your to watch list anyway.
  • Mushishi S2 (Part 2) - Just as godlike as the first season, get to it.
  • Selector spread WIXOSS - Probably underrated, dark & psychological stuff. Sequel of Selector infected WIXOSS.
If you have way too much time on your hands:
  • Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. - Well, twintail sentai, go!
  • Gugure! Kokkuri-san - Slice of life with youkai
  • Karen Senki - Humans vs. Machines, short eps
  • Shirobako - Anime production chaos
  • Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - Over the top romance & drama, shoujo
  • Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru - Modern mahou shoujo (i.e. dark), could go either way.
I'm currently watching Amagi Brilliant Park, Inou Battle, KimiUso, Ore Twintails, Shirobako, and Ookami Shoujo out of the ones you recommend. I started watching Shirobako because my dream job would be in animation production...even though it has a hectic schedule and I live far from anywhere where I could even get such a job.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Kinda goes here since I made it for deres on Twitter.

I finished making my Twitter Image Bot! http://git.io/0dtFTQ

You select a folder of images and then input how many seconds between tweets. The instructions from the program are self explanatory. I'm so proud of myself. :D

I really need to get back into watching stuff this winter break.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
KimiUso's opening is probably the best song this season in my opinion.
This and Parasyte's OP song are definitely among my top-3 of the season. It's hard to say which one I like more of the two, but if I had to choose, it would probably be Let Me Hear (Parasyte's OP). *shrugs* I guess the exact same things can be said regarding the actual anime, themselves, too.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Nodame Cantible was so good ahhhh
Stresemann is pretty top tier

You can watch the first season. Ignore the rest. 2nd and 3rd season had Chiaki Kon involved.
Really? I only watch the drama version back in high school tho

Am i the only watching Gundam Build Fighters Try, Gundam Reconguista, Psycho Pass 2, SAO 2, Garo The animation and Shingeki no Bahamut?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Stresemann is pretty top tier

Really? I only watch the drama version back in high school tho

Am i the only watching Gundam Build Fighters Try, Gundam Reconguista, Psycho Pass 2, SAO 2, Garo The animation and Shingeki no Bahamut?
First season was done well. Second and third, the pacing was off and wasn't handled as interestingly (but still decent).

I haven't finished S1 of Build Fighters. Reconguista, I've only seen the first two episodes. They didn't hook me, but I'll admit that Tomino's slow on building up the characters and story. It felt a little confusing, so I'm just waiting until more episodes happen so I can marathon it. SAO2, I've already read. So I'm not in any rush on being up to date on the anime.

Top Bottom