• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
"Yuri Mahjong" is so much better when you understand the latter part of it. You guys should learn to play it. It doesn't take that long to learn and it's pretty fun.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I actually find I have a ton more fun not knowing what's happening.

"Kiyosumi's Miyanaga was tenpai with a 3 dora mixed triple chii... but she pon'd that south and discarded the dora 7 of bamboo!" sounds hilarious.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Mahjong is a really fun game, I play it at school almost everyday.

Also, hi Ruri-chan and Ms. Kirisaki :drflip:
Jelly and hai :3

I actually find I have a ton more fun not knowing what's happening.

"Kiyosumi's Miyanaga was tenpai with a 3 dora mixed triple chii... but she pon'd that south and discarded the dora 7 of bamboo!" sounds hilarious.
When you say it like that I kinda have to agree LOL.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
"Yuri Mahjong" is so much better when you understand the latter part of it. You guys should learn to play it. It doesn't take that long to learn and it's pretty fun.
That's quite a relative statement. Considering that it took some guy on Youtube three hours to only explain the rules and the scoring system without even going into how you should play the game, i can definitely think of games that are easier and faster to understand.
Let me think of a random example... how about Super Smash Brothers? Basic rules: Kick the other player off the stage n-times. Even if you don't know the intricate details of the game (about which you could write entire books) you can quickly understand who wins and why. When you look at Mahjong and its complex scoring on the other hand that is far from apparent.

(Also: It's "Nopan Yuri Mahjong" :3)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
How would you know that you enjoy it "more" this way when you never experienced the other side of things? It's like me saying that I enjoy flying on an airplane more than flying like Superman...
A fair point, but it's kind of like how One Outs was a bit underwhelming because I actually know how to play baseball. It's just a ton of fun because every episode is a surprise.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That's quite a relative statement...
I guess that's a good point.

@ :mad: :mad: Take for example the teams finals in the first season where Saki does the crazy kan combo to finish it. It's exciting on its own with how the anime presents it, but when you know what's really going on, it's so much more mind blowing.
I started learning mahjong a bit before starting to watch Saki, but even then, I wasn't familiar with all of the terminology for a while so I was still kind of lost when they would go on a lingo-marathon for the first few episodes or so. By the time I got to the scene that I mentioned above, I got most of the lingo down but I wasn't too versed in the details of the scoring system yet, so that play of Saki's was only a bit more awesome than it is without knowing anything. But when I rewatched it later, it was just so awe-inspiring.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I did take the time to learn after watching the first few episodes, but by the time I got around to playing a few practice matches, I was beyond confused. I have the lingo down, but the scoring is definitely something else. After having heard that, I'll take your word that it's even better and try to learn it all over again.

Oh and are they taking a week off or something? I was really looking forward to the new episode.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Looks like it. Which is weird, since it's supposed to be 13 episodes long, which takes up the whole quarter of the year. A few other shows did, too, annoyingly.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
I like how Hamatora is throwing punches left and right, one of my favourites this season because of it.
vs. Agnes Chan (Episode 3):

vs. obsessive Otaku (Episode 7):

Also gets plus points for having intelligible foreign language usage, i can recall German and English making appearances so far.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Hamatora is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorites for this season. I'm also obsessed with it's OP.

Last edited:

CrimsonLion

Smash Apprentice
I like how Hamatora is throwing punches left and right, one of my favourites this season because of it.

Also gets plus points for having intelligible foreign language usage, i can recall German and English making appearances so far.
Hamatora is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorites for this season. I'm also obsessed with it's OP.
That's probably my favorite OP this season.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Sekai Seifuku is actually pretty good. I may show my friend just the smoking episode because that was a really damn good episode.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I meant the actual song portion was really good.

Sekai Seifuku is actually pretty good. I may show my friend just the smoking episode because that was a really damn good episode.
Agreed, that was the turning point of the show for me. I initially gave it a 3, but it steadily improved thanks to that episode and some fun follow-ups.

CrimsonLion

Smash Apprentice

This particular character is pretty cool!

Last edited:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Goddammit, randomThing x SnK never gets old :D

(also, sunbathing doing network administration stuff in Sochi has done mean things to the stack of anime I'm watching this season... at least I managed to watch Last Exile and most of Nichijou while there :D)

Last edited:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Airplanes, war, and great mysteries... mostly airplanes (:

(watching an anime with planes being shot down while on a plane oneself ... fun times :D )
Yea I don't remember it well, I need to re-watch it one day it was super good.

Until then SYD because yay

Last edited:
Top Bottom