• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Just got around to watching KLK 17. Man that was some serious stuff.

Also forgot to mention two other shows from this season that slightly interest me. Those being Wizard Barristers and Magical Warfare. Lots of magic related anime this season.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I actually don't mind Mikakunin de Shinkoukei that much. My only real problem is the loli's voice pisses me off. I love lolis as much as the next guy but hers is eck. That guy is enough of a heartthrob to counteract it though so it's aight.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kill la Kill went downhill for me after the Naturals Election, but if you still find it good then more power to ya.

Just got around to watching KLK 17. Man that was some serious stuff.

Also forgot to mention two other shows from this season that slightly interest me. Those being Wizard Barristers and Magical Warfare. Lots of magic related anime this season.
Mahou Sensou is really bad. I can see the appeal though, it's fine if you don't mind turning your brain off for a bit. Never have I ever seen such out of place romance, that's a love triangle that just doesn't belong. The action scenes are somewhat entertaining so I'll cut it some slack. How's Wizard Barristers? That's one of only a few winter shows I'm not following.

I actually don't mind Mikakunin de Shinkoukei that much. My only real problem is the loli's voice pisses me off. I love lolis as much as the next guy but hers is eck. That guy is enough of a heartthrob to counteract it though so it's aight.
Yeah, Mashiro's voice is pretty hit or miss. I have **** taste so I like her.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
How's Wizard Barristers? That's one of only a few winter shows I'm not following.
The show is pretty decent, imo. It's interesting to see how the whole process of being a wizard attorney takes place. (Not how they become one, but rather how they solve cases). The art style is very smooth and clean, no complaints about that from my end. Although I will say that the characters are a bit.. odd. It's as if the show tries to be really serious, but like 70% of the main characters are wacky. At least that's how they've portrayed themselves in these past 4 episodes.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I didn't watch the latest Kill la Kill yet when I read:
Oh you didn't see that coming? It was a regular blow.
But after reading that, I immediately thought of something, and that was exactly what ended up happening when I watched it a few hours ago. XD

Also, I definitely agree with you on what you said about Mahou Sensou. But I don't particularly find the action that great, though. Doesn't help that the animation quality is subpar. Not sure why I'm still watching it; probably the completionist in me.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
How's Wizard Barristers? That's one of only a few winter shows I'm not following.
I actually dropped it recently. I got 4 episodes in I believe. The show was ALRIGHT and the animation was fantastic. The opening sequence in episode 1 that gets the premise of the story going looks like it should be in a movie, not a seasonal anime. However, the plot wasn't keeping me going. It felt like I was watching an anime with the premise of "What if we took Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney... then made the criminals, some people, and attorneys be wizards instead?" I don't mind that part, but like is often the case in my opinion, the character being a moe female kills the premise for me and made me lose interest.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
As if Yasuomi Umetsu were even capable of creating anything moe. I would agree with the series being alright, but i will probably drop it along with Mahou Sensou, which is just outright bad...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
there was never a reason to watch wizard barristers other than frog wakamoto

kill la kill 17 didnt surprise me in the slightest,
satsuki was protagonist material from the very beginning

hell, just watch the second OP

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The show is pretty decent, imo. It's interesting to see how the whole process of being a wizard attorney takes place. (Not how they become one, but rather how they solve cases). The art style is very smooth and clean, no complaints about that from my end. Although I will say that the characters are a bit.. odd. It's as if the show tries to be really serious, but like 70% of the main characters are wacky. At least that's how they've portrayed themselves in these past 4 episodes.
I think I'll have to pass, the premise doesn't interest me that much. How many winter shows are you watching? I did pick up Tonari no Seki-kun a bit late and it's been a ton of fun thus far.

I didn't watch the latest Kill la Kill yet when I read:

But after reading that, I immediately thought of something, and that was exactly what ended up happening when I watched it a few hours ago. XD

Also, I definitely agree with you on what you said about Mahou Sensou. But I don't particularly find the action that great, though. Doesn't help that the animation quality is subpar. Not sure why I'm still watching it; probably the completionist in me.
Apologies if that was an unintentional spoilerino. I hear you on completion, I've yet to drop a show even though I probably should have. Not sure why I'm sticking with Saikin Imouto. Biggest 1 I've ever given anything ever. At least Mahou Sensou has the thigh highs. Mui's personality caught me off guard, I had really hoped for her to be somewhat capable.

I find it hilarious how she's supposedly really powerful and one of the better students at the academy, but she's been useless in every fight so far.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I think I'll have to pass, the premise doesn't interest me that much. How many winter shows are you watching? I did pick up Tonari no Seki-kun a bit late and it's been a ton of fun thus far.
I love Tonari no Seki-kun, it's so much fun to watch each new episode.
I'm watching almost every winter show that's out because I picked them up to try them out, but like you guys I'm a completionist, so I tend to stick even with the bad ones after I've already picked them up. The ones that I'm not watching are:
[collapse=]
Z/X Ignition (no interest)
GO!GO! 575 (no interest)
SYD (have yet to see S1, so I don't want to start S2 yet)
Maken-Ki! 2 (doesn't seem interesting)
Robot Girls Z (no interest)
Wake Up, Girls! (no interest)
Pupipo! (doesn't sound like my thing to watch)
Inari, Konkon, Koi Irohira (might pick it up later when my list dies down)
ImoCho (also not my cup of tea)
Silver Spoon 2 (have yet to see S1)
Hoozuki no Reitetsu (eh, didn't strike me too much)
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love Tonari no Seki-kun, it's so much fun to watch each new episode.
I'm watching almost every winter show that's out because I picked them up to try them out, but like you guys I'm a completionist, so I tend to stick even with the bad ones after I've already picked them up. The ones that I'm not watching are:
[collapse=]
Z/X Ignition (no interest)
GO!GO! 575 (no interest)
SYD (have yet to see S1, so I don't want to start S2 yet)
Maken-Ki! 2 (doesn't seem interesting)
Robot Girls Z (no interest)
Wake Up, Girls! (no interest)
Pupipo! (doesn't sound like my thing to watch)
Inari, Konkon, Koi Irohira (might pick it up later when my list dies down)
ImoCho (also not my cup of tea)
Silver Spoon 2 (have yet to see S1)
Hoozuki no Reitetsu (eh, didn't strike me too much)
[/collapse]
Hooozuki no Reitetsu is pretty hit or miss. That being said, it's a solid 5 in my book. You're not missing much with the others.

I feel the same way, Minato. I detest most imouto shows so OreImo wasn't a pleasant experience. I guess it's just curiosity at this point.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Anyone here keeping up with No-Rin? I find that show to be pretty damn funny at times.
I'm following Nourin. It was off to a great start, but the breasts kind of got out of hand. Ecchi humor isn't really my thing. It feels like a bad D-Frag!.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
No-Rin is one of the shows I'm watching but it's one of those shows that I have on a metaphorical probation where one really bad joke or scene will be enough to make me drop it.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I'm following Nourin. It was off to a great start, but the breasts kind of got out of hand. Ecchi humor isn't really my thing. It feels like a bad D-Frag!.
Oh man, you just reminded me how great D-Frag! is. Roka and the Prez are the greatest.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm conflicted about D-Frag right now. I LOVED the episode the other week where they argued about that board game. It really felt like something out of an episode of Cromartie. However, I feel like the show's holding our hands too much. Every single joke or pun made is followed up by "[MC speaking]I'M EXPLAINING THE JOKE TO YOU WHILE YELLING!"

It's obviously supposed to be the shock factor of a dumb joke, but they're doing it way too much to the point where it's basically every joke. I still enjoy the show, but the humor is suffering.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Holy mother of he'll pearls. That latest episode of kill la kill. Holyyyyyyy

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
Every single joke or pun made is followed up by "[MC speaking]I'M EXPLAINING THE JOKE TO YOU WHILE YELLING!"
That's the typical boke-tsukkomi combo, quite a Japanese thing, not a great fan of it either....

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I had no idea there was a name for it, that's interesting.

My favorite type of humor is probably a variation of the humor used in Cromartie and is the humor I typically use myself when I'm goofing around. The kind of humor I like consists of saying the joke (which is usually something not explicitly a joke to begin with) in a normal tone and the joker not giving any indication that it's a joke. Not necessarily dry humor but just non-explicit humor.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
By the way, the guy that looses to Roka in the shelf pushing even asks: 突っ込み疲れないかい (Tsukkomi tsukarenai kai?)
That question already contains the word "tsukkomi" (infinive form of tsukkomu) and could probably be translated as something like "Isn't it tiring to retort?" as it is not a definitive reference to the owarai term. In cases with clear references to the comedic role sub-groups often sidestep it completely or use the term "straight man" to translate it.

Top Bottom