• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Free! wasn't slice of life though

It was a sports anime (down to the storyline/character interactions). And a good one at that

edit: also, stories that deal with themes of talent vs. perseverance are really interesting to me personally, so there's that too (this is also why I loved Hyouka)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i'm suprised some actually follows mahouka koukouno rettousei other than myself
Well, I am one of the few that reads light novels and manga here. lol

Have a feeling a lot of people are going to like it when it gets adapted.
Free! was probably among my top-3 shows of last season. Shame that certain people won't watch it due to shirtless-men-phobia. XD
You make it sound much worse of a problem than it really is.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
it's being done by madhouse so i expect good things

they have already adapted a light novel before

oda nobuna turned out good

plus all the other stuff they adapted like black lagoon, beck, hotd, etc

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
guess it's more for people who follow artists :m
I follow artists somewhat. I just haven't heard of this particular circle.
I'm getting an elitism vibe coming from the two of you...

Anyway, I just watched the first episode of White Album 2. I really like the general tone/atmosphere in the White Album franchise, so this one gave a nice sense of nostalgia. So far, I like the setting of this one more than the first one as well.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Being a Kirino fan I do love her attacks. So many cosplays so little frames. <3

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Anyway, I just watched the first episode of White Album 2. I really like the general tone/atmosphere in the White Album franchise, so this one gave a nice sense of nostalgia. So far, I like the setting of this one more than the first one as well.
Totally agreed; white album 2 was pretty awesome. I didn't really go into the episode with any expectations but ended up enjoying it a lot and would've loved to see another episode right away... well Gingitsune was really nice as well, so it's okay ^^

So can i like join you guys?
I don't think there's a thread-police throwing people out ;)
So, uh, "hi", I guess? :D

CrimsonLion

Smash Apprentice
I figured you would, since you love the school setting so much!
Also much like Xyzz, I didn't go into the first episode with much expectations,
but I feel that this show will hopefully have less rage-inducing characters than those in the first series.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
You sound like you *did* have negative expectations from the first series :p

I really went in with a completely blank state, never having even heard of the franchise and having skipped on even reading the synopsis because well... "oh it has a number 2, so it sounds like a sequel to something I haven't seen... no point in watching then". Well, yesterday I read that it had nothing to do with the first two seasons, so I figured that I might as well give it a shot (:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, it's only a "sequel" in that it takes place in the same universe. The Morikawa Yuki that was mentioned (at the beginning of episode 1) to have released the hit single "White Album" 10 years ago was one of the main heroines of the "prequel". And she's voiced by Hirano Aya, nonetheless, which gets me to hope that maybe a version of the song with her vocals will actually play later (like through a music player of some sort or something), but I'm not expecting much from that (nor is it that important that it does happen). XD

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I find it weird. The animation's decent yet bad at the same time somehow. I really wish the anime didn't try to recreate the exact same scenes from the game since the pacing feels weird and not fleshed out. The inserted theme songs feel corny too with how they did it.

I'm expecting 12 episodes out of this. Hopefully episode 1 was just a nod to the people that played it and the whole anime isn't like that. Either way, my expectations weren't set high, so I'll enjoy it. Already got a scene with Rachel in it.

G U R U

Smash Lord
so many good shows this season

only ones I didn't like at all were outbreak company and strike the blood. both have horrible story/premise and the characters are just stupid/bland.

favs are golden time, log horizon, kill la kill, ippo s3, knk, refrain and monogatari.

nadeko arc too good. zenbu zenbu zenbu zenbu

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Monogatari is indeed amazing:

☯ Turns an amazingly cute character into an amazingly cute yandere. XD

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah Nadeko was honestly one of my least favorite girls from the original arcs. Dialogue with her was always by far the least interesting, especially compared to conversations with characters like Mayoi or Kanbaru who are really witty.

Btw more people should watch Kyousougiga. Show is absolutely beautiful and so far the setting is really interesting.

CrimsonLion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Nadeko was honestly one of my least favorite girls from the original arcs. Dialogue with her was always by far the least interesting, especially compared to conversations with characters like Mayoi or Kanbaru who are really witty.

Btw more people should watch Kyousougiga. Show is absolutely beautiful and so far the setting is really interesting.
I was initially had low expectations for Kyousougiga (plot-wise) having previously seen the ONAs and not being too impressed. Especially by the set of 5 that aired last year (iirc). However the first couple episodes of this new series have definitely done a good job of creating a setting for a potentially interesting story. Also, it's refreshing to hear Kugimiya play a character who's very different from most of her more popular roles.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Is there anything airing that's not excessively moe? I WAS watching about 5 shows around when the season started and now I'm down to Kill la Kill and Flamenco.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
Coppelion. Would not call it moe (people's definitions of that are all over the place, aren't they?) and it looks decent so far.

Top Bottom