• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

BBQTV

Smash Master
Lol I feel you. I am just so jaded because I have bought so much anime over this year.

The only anime I am looking to buy is Evangelion 1.11 in the next few months. I just finished torrenting all of Soul Eater and Toradora! I am pretty happy.
anime my anti drug because when your addicted to anime you cant afford drugs

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
ROFL! I would tell myself I could only limit myself one box set a month. Lol ended up buying like 2 a week.

Soooooo Ignorant....thank God I finally got out of my obsessive need to buy anime all the time lol.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
A mixture. The only things ones I bought online were either discontinued/rare products like Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig, RahXephon, End of Evangelion, Boogiepop Phantom, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic Second Raid, and Paranoia Agent.

The rest I bought at my local anime providers like Suncoast, and Best Buy.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Speaking of Clannad and buying stuff, in the next few days, I will be completing my Clannad collection, since RightStuf shipped the Clannad After Story Collection 2 to me two days ago. Hurray for always getting it before the street launch date!

G U R U

Smash Lord
Speaking of Clannad and buying stuff, in the next few days, I will be completing my Clannad collection, since RightStuf shipped the Clannad After Story Collection 2 to me two days ago. Hurray for always getting it before the street launch date!
So is all of Clannad and After Story and the OVA's out then? I might pick that up as a present for myself for Christmas ^_^

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol you can still get Full Metal Panic, but not the discontinued/rare box sets. You can still get those one dvd case that holds all the discs box set. I don't like those =(

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm still searching for the second raid original boxset

i only have the first season original box

i'm going to best buy in a few since nobody kills each other for anime lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So is all of Clannad and After Story and the OVA's out then? I might pick that up as a present for myself for Christmas ^_^
The last one is scheduled to be out on December 8th, so it'll all be out by Christmas.
CLICK HERE
Clannad Collection 1 has Episodes 1-12
Clannad Collection 2 has Episodes 13-23 + Tomoyo OVA
Clannad After Story Collection 1 has Episodes 1-12
Clannad After Story Collection 2 has Episodes 13-24 + Kyou OVA

These are all subtitled only, though, FYI. But they might never get a dual-audio release and/or an artbox release, so I got these. But for me, personally, Clannad is worth re-buying if they do release it as such.

And I'm glad you like Clannad so much! :chuckle: With the exception of CCS, our top-5 is pretty much the same.

G U R U

Smash Lord
The last one is scheduled to be out on December 8th, so it'll all be out by Christmas.
CLICK HERE
Clannad Collection 1 has Episodes 1-12
Clannad Collection 2 has Episodes 13-23 + Tomoyo OVA
Clannad After Story Collection 1 has Episodes 1-12
Clannad After Story Collection 2 has Episodes 13-24 + Kyou OVA

These are all subtitled only, though, FYI. But they might never get a dual-audio release and/or an artbox release, so I got these. But for me, personally, Clannad is worth re-buying if they do release it as such.

And I'm glad you like Clannad so much! :chuckle: With the exception of CCS, our top-5 is pretty much the same.
Nice. I'll probably pick those up. Thanks man.

I'm gonna try and get my friends/family to watch Clannad too.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
i'm still searching for the second raid original boxset

i only have the first season original box

i'm going to best buy in a few since nobody kills each other for anime lol
It's going to be extremely hard to find, since it is now discontinued. I have found 2 of them and bought both of them because the first one I bought, it was in really rough condition. Best Buy said it was said to be new, but I highly doubt it. I returned it and they never re-shelved it. So then I went to Suncoast and found another one in the back, (my friend works their and said he found a copy in the back. I was mad happy!)

I went to Best Buy today and there were no anime sales. I was mad.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't seen CCS in forever. Probably the one manga/anime from CLAMP that I really liked surprisingly, considering the genre.

I hated the dub though. Sakura Avalon...
Oh well, at least Touya
was straight
in the dub. :laugh:

And shoot. I just found out that the preorders for the first press of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Vol. 5 have been sold out on the site I go to.
I just have to hope that they get more if they can. If not, it'd be weird getting the other ones and having a missing, having Vol. 5-8 out in the open.

If I'm going to be buying anime in December, it'll probably be Samurai Champloo on BD. I'd buy Tsubasa Chronicles but I didn't like how things were handled in that season.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Well the dub of CCS was actually what got me into anime. Although keep in mind that was like 10 years ago so I had pretty low expectations back then :laugh:

Then I discovered the magic of the internet and found out about the original and how KidsWB butchered it. Sure enough I watched the original and it just blew my mind how they screwed up such a good show.

I really wanna get the second box set of CCS but it's been discontinued for like 5 years now. I've only seen one on ebay and it sold for $300+ :(

This is the first part that I own already. I bought it way back when for like $100.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Cardcaptor-Sakur...QptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item5ad41906b2

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I've actually only watched the original, un-edited version within the past year or so. A friend of mine owns all of the individual DVDs of it for the whole series, amazingly, and I was able to borrow them as I watched it. :chuckle:

G U R U

Smash Lord
I've actually only watched the original, un-edited version within the past year or so. A friend of mine owns all of the individual DVDs of it for the whole series, amazingly, and I was able to borrow them as I watched it. :chuckle:
Lucky. An original R1 complete DVD set sells for over $600 now.

Edit: Wow, I've been looking for that box set for so long and I never realized that it came out on my birthday 4 years ago. It's like I'm cursed to never own it ;______;

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well the dub of CCS was actually what got me into anime. Although keep in mind that was like 10 years ago so I had pretty low expectations back then :laugh:
What got me into anime was Dragonball Z. I was at Korea at the time and they were running GT but I never had a chance to watch it at that time.
Then I moved to France at 7 so I got to watch a whole lot of DBZ there. When I moved to Sicily, I got to watch the original Dragon Ball in Italian.

I missed some arcs obviously, mainly the Freeza saga and the Cell saga, so I just DLed them online which were in Japanese and Chinese. Any episodes that I couldn't find, I had to wait until they were released in America. So I had to watch Dragon Ball series in a total of five different languages to get the whole story early.

Lucky. An original R1 complete DVD set sells for over $600 now.
My friend had all the original DVDs too. I found a whole lot of them at a store earlier this year, wish I had money to buy them at the time.

Japan also released it on BD (which doesn't up the quality too much really I'm guessing). Too bad their stuff is overpriced. 900 bucks or so just for the Clow arc. 500 bucks or so for the Sakura arc. :urg:

Lovely

Smash Lord
Clannad is amazing

I just dnot have the money to buy any of the FMP stuff :(
♣ FMP items should had been first on your list, one of a few animes I watch more than one time... I wish I didn't have school this week. ); ♥

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No as soon as I have the money FMP is teh first to come.

My first anime was clannad.

how crazy is that.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol =D

Yeah, I saw that preview back when OSDT came out. I hyped it pretty hard when the dude was like "I hear they guy you are supporting.......IS A SPARTAN!" and then the preview shuts off.

I was like "dude this is pretty awesome!"

Then I never watched it again.

Harems are great LOL!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^ I feel you on that.

I am EXTREMELY EXCITED/slightly terrified of Katsucon/Otakon.

I can see myself buying as many Evangelion figures this time around. I bought like 200 dollars worth of posters this year at Otakon 08. My walls are happy so now I need figures.

*drools over Asuka figures on ebay*

I swear, Asuka is my favorite female anime character. I like her too much. =3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea I usually buy small ones. Typically I spend like 60ish a con on them for like 4-5 of them. They're cute though so I'm like w/e.

I don't mean those 200 dollar giant figures :laugh:

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
How is that possible?! Otakon 08 in 2009?

And Tec can't afford DVD but can afford figures? Do you mean the smaller, lower-end figures or something?
Lol I bought about 14 posters at Otakon this year. Each poster ran be about 15-20 dollars a piece. I also bought an Asuka bed sheet which set me back like another 60 bucks...

Yea I usually buy small ones. Typically I spend like 60ish a con on them for like 4-5 of them. They're cute though so I'm like w/e.

I don't mean those 200 dollar giant figures :laugh:
Lol! I am thinking of getting some EVA kits this time around. =3

What kind of figurines do you have?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have a set of Ichigo Mashimaro characters in maid outfits. Pretty cuuuuuute.

And I have a Lucky Star set at home. Though I think my mom or brother broke them T_T

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
ROFL! I love cute **** lol =D

I would LOVE to have a Lucky Star set!

I also want the Haruhi band set sooooooo bad!

I was on EVAgeeks and one of the mods had this set of figures.

I was sooooo jealous!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i got back a while ago with a new 1.5 TB ext hd. =D

anime dl here i come!!!

i'm at home so i can take a pic of my stuff.

i guess

Top Bottom