• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

G U R U

Smash Lord

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Have you watched the new OVA series?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6050/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!_Mou_Hitotsu_no_Sekai

It is MUCH better then the other OVA's imo. Only thing that sucks is they skipped the Time Festival Arc :(
No not yet xD

But I will soon, for my lovely Setsuna <3

and I love the time festival arc D:

EDIT: Yes I did watch one, lol. I remember pretty vaguely watching the beginning where it just showed
Chao being defeated
. Unless that was something else, nevermind xD

BBQTV

Smash Master
wait they made another anime of negima? cause i say the first one and it was like ewww

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
wait they made another anime of negima? cause i say the first one and it was like ewww
Yeah, there was Mahou Sensei Negima! which followed the story for the first half or so, and the art was pretty much horrible.

The other one was Negima!?, which had MUCH better production by SHAFT, I think, was related to the main story of the manga in no way whatsoever.

And they've been doing the OVA's, which are true to the story with some VERY minor changes, so I'm like, okaaaaaaaaay...

EDIT: AND NOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M NOT MAGENTA ANYMORE D:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
and I love the time festival arc D:
Time Festival arc was pretty cool.
I still need to catch up on reading Negima. Not much longer until I'm caught up.

And speaking of Akamatsu, people should read the Love Hina manga. I heard the anime didn't do it justice (nor did it finish).

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I was looking at random people's MAL account, and this guy's Plan to Watch list trumps even Uber_Mage's.
And on a totally irrelevant note, I have a 76.4% compatibility with him...hmm...

Deception

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm trying to figure out what I should watch next.

Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, or ToraDora!?
Out of those, Ouran is the only one I've seen (I plan on watching Soul Eater eventually), but it's a great comedy series. Both dubs are excellent from what I've seen (I mostly watched it in English because I prefer those usually), so I definitely say watch it.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
out those three i've only seen toradora

it's really good

i have ouran dl'd but haven't seen it.

i need to get soul eater

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Out of those, Ouran is the only one I've seen (I plan on watching Soul Eater eventually), but it's a great comedy series. Both dubs are excellent from what I've seen (I mostly watched it in English because I prefer those usually), so I definitely say watch it.
Yeah I already have Ouran on my iPod now so I proabably will watch it first.

out those three i've only seen toradora

it's really good

i have ouran dl'd but haven't seen it.

i need to get soul eater
I will most likely watch ToraDora! Next because I can download that quickly.

I am still downing the.....15gig file. So facking ignorant.

They're all different. It'd be like comparing apples to oranges to pairs.
Agreed. But I was hoping people have seen all three and could give me some reasons why they liked a certain one more than the other to help gauge my decision.

Virgilio

Smash Cadet
Ouran= comedy
Soul eater = action-comedy
Toradora= romance-comedy

Soul eater has too many episodes :/

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Uhh i have seen 2 of the three. Teczero has seen all three.

Also, the problem about picking between three shows that are pretty different is that they can all be liked for different reasons. It really more depends on the mood/genre you want.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Uhh i have seen 2 of the three. Teczero has seen all three.

Also, the problem about picking between three shows that are pretty different is that they can all be liked for different reasons. It really more depends on the mood/genre you want.
Hence why I asked for people to list why they liked the anime. I love ALL THREE genres of the animes.

ie: "SOUL EATER IS AWESOME BECAUSE OF AL THE ACTION AND COOL WEAPONS!" "Ouran is amazing because of the adorable characters/relationships that occur." "ToraDora is too good because of the the deep relationships that are formed between the characters and because Taiga won Saimoe 09!"

Just little random tidbits would have been find. I just wanted to learn more about the anime before I invested my time in em.

*shrugs*

G U R U

Smash Lord
And speaking of Akamatsu, people should read the Love Hina manga. I heard the anime didn't do it justice (nor did it finish).
Ya the anime is terrible compared to the manga. Love Hina is one of my favorite manga's ever. I haven't read that much manga, but still.

I've watched all of those three NKB, I'd say watch Toradora first. It is by far the best one imo. Soul Eater is long and has one of the worst original anime endings ever and Ouran is funny but has lots of guys lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Eclipse has finished subbing Shakugan no Shana-tan Revenge some time ago.
It features Nagi-tan and Index-tan in it too if that interests anyone.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I was looking at random people's MAL account, and this guy's Plan to Watch list trumps even Uber_Mage's.
And on a totally irrelevant note, I have a 76.4% compatibility with him...hmm...
Wow...I can't believe I forgot to link to the guy's list...I must have been out of it...
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PockyLoveLove

And personally, I prefer Toradora!, but I like Ouran a lot, too. I've only seen one episode of Soul Eater, and I plan to watch it sometime later, but because of that, I can't say anything about Soul Eater.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Wow...I can't believe I forgot to link to the guy's list...I must have been out of it...

And personally, I prefer Toradora!, but I like Ouran a lot, too. I've only seen one episode of Soul Eater, and I plan to watch it sometime later, but because of that, I can't say anything about Soul Eater.
Whoever that is, they have good taste in BG's <3

*steals*

Vts

Smash Champion
Been working on moving and still moving so may not get to post for a few days and may miss some anime ><

but i'll no life xxxholic to catch u sleepy soon but too much stuff going on.

G U R U

Smash Lord

haha PLL is actually female ya know PC. Ya her list is huge. I think she spends more time in the anime clubs then actually watching anime because she's made like 5+ member cards for me :)

on another note Kissxsis is out and it is wonderful XD

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh, I didn't look at her actual profile so I didn't see her gender until now. I was thrown off since she watched a lot of things that a guy would watch (hence my compatibility rating wih her).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I find school themes in a lot of anime's to be... cliché, do I need help? It was hard to find the key for the E. ._.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ That would really depend on what anime's you've been watching. Some anime school based scene isn't really the main part of the anime, some are really minor meaning they only show the school scene around twenty-five percent or less on the whole anime, some anime's the school scenes are the main part of the story. ♥

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i first looked and i was like "OMG WUTS WRONG WITH HER HEA-... oh its the headband"
It looks fine. I actually think it looks pretty nice.

I've been doing another run through Lucky Star again (I lost count on how many I've done).
It gets funnier every time. Especially since I've watched all of FMP now, so I can appreciate more of those jokes.
I'll be finishing up other anime before this run of LS though. So I'm taking my time.

Also finished Higurashi OVA last night. I've been playing some of Umineko rather than watching the anime.
Not too far right now, still at the beginning of chapter one. The writing's pretty good so far.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
People just got around to scanlating the new Hayate bonus chapters that came with the Season 1 DVDs in Japan.
As a huge Hayate no Gotoku fan and a Shakugan no Shana fan, I had to post a picture of this.

This is another one. Click it only if you've seen episode 8 of Gurren Lagann.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate_the_combat_butler/c232.5/4.html
Last one I'll link is for the Hina fans.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate_the_combat_butler/c232.5/8.html

The other pages are pretty awesome. They have some nice Sakuya moments.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
white background + white haruhi headband = failure
It looks like you're the only one that thinks this (who actually spoke up). For this, I'm going to wait a bit more to upload those vids... :p

But stop talking about the white headband...I was busy and didn't keep up with the days until now...
That's what you WANT us to think, huh?

<.<
<_< Is that supposed to mean something... :p
so some chick looks at stuff guys like and you dont like her?
Huh? When did I say I didn't like her? I was just shocked at how big the Plan to Watch list is...

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i need to catch up on the hayate manga. and all the other things i was reading

also i liked that white headband haruhi

and that person has the longest plan to watch i've seen. and i thought sakurazaki's was longer. lol

Top Bottom