• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Good News: We finally have a set time.
Bad News: It's not this year! :mad:

Anyway, this better be a 2-hour+ movie...
But it's better that it's a movie, since then it can officially be called by its novel's name without being attached to the "Yuuutsu" title.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The following is a mild spoiler for Vanishment (but it's not like there's not already enough spoilers of it here :p):

BTW, I liked dere-dere Nagato from Vanishment, but after seeing that image, I think I'm now in love! :love:

END OF SPOILER...

Edit: Hm, is this KyoAni's first ever feature-length movie? Their TV broadcast animation quality is already gorgeous, but now that they have an even bigger budget of a feature-length film, and with the fact that they have months to work JUST on this (since there is no KyoAni show this season...and probably none next season, as well...for good reason), I can't possibly fathom how amazing the animation will be!! HURRAH for a movie!!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyway, this better be a 2-hour+ movie...
2 hours would be pushing it. But that would be nice. I'm guessing it'll be 100 minutes or so.
BTW, I liked dere-dere Nagato from Vanishment, but after seeing that image, I think I'm now in love! :love:
They sure know how to tease fans for Vanishment, don't they.
Edit: Hm, is this KyoAni's first ever feature-length movie? Their TV broadcast animation quality is already gorgeous, but now that they have an even bigger budget of a feature-length film, and with the fact that they have months to work JUST on this (since there is no KyoAni show this season...and probably none next season, as well...for good reason), I can't possibly fathom how amazing the animation will be!! HURRAH for a movie!!!
Yeah, animation's going to be amazing. I can't wait. KyoAni already does a good job on their other anime.
I'm glad Vanishment is getting a movie adaptation. They had to repent after all the E8 episodes they gave us.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
oh **** yeah!!!

this had just made my day. a full length movie on haruhi. too good

a 2 hour movie will be amazing and hope they have the budget for it.

and i still want my full metal panic.

also what group are you guys watching for railgun?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Why does more than 80% of anything I want right now come's next year? )=

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Finally getting to watching Railgun, eh... About time, since I know you've already seen Index. But yeah, go with Mazui. They're fast, they use the good quality raws, and they are a group that was originally formed to sub Haruhi (this, IMO, makes them worth supporting ;)).
Speaking of which, from the shows that I've seen this season (about 7 of them, I believe), I like the first episode of Railgun the most.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hey i remember someone told me about a new bones anime

i saw eureka 7 and liked it well enough so

is it any good?

also i'm kind of an anime noob is there anything like code geass/death note that you'd recommend

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Stingers, your username/avatar looks familiar: you previously had a pranked pink name and was posting in the Brawl+ Nightly Build thread, right?
As for anything like Death note and Geass, eh... I'm not sure, but if you are into mechas, then you should totally watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann if you haven't already. The second of the two arcs is simply amazing (episode 17 to the end, I believe), but the first if pretty good, too (they aren't separate stories, so don't be skipping the first).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont really care much about mechs...like...enough to watch something devoted to mechs blowing each other up

and yeah thats right...i posted in there a lot lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i saw evangelion a long time ago when it was on adult swim...it was pretty good but not code geass/death note

Minato

穏やかじゃない

As for anything like Death note and Geass, eh... I'm not sure, but if you are into mechas, then you should totally watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann if you haven't already. The second of the two arcs is simply amazing (episode 17 to the end, I believe), but the first if pretty good, too (they aren't separate stories, so don't be skipping the first).
Reflecting back on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I enjoyed the 1st arc more. Second arc was cool too, but the only thing that had me hooked were those little cliffhangers at the end.
1st half might be boring to some, but I liked it. I can't put my finger on why though.

Needs more Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I love Evangelion. Can't wait until the 3rd and 4th movie for Rebuild comes out.
You Can (Not) Advance was amazing, IMO.

i saw evangelion a long time ago when it was on adult swim...it was pretty good but not code geass/death note
Hm... I dunno. Gurren Lagann's a good choice to start with.
Some other suggestions would be Darker Than BLACK, Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell, and Escaflowne to name a few.

You should also check out Soul Eater.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
nobody ever answered my question about the new Bones show...:(
The only one I can think of is the sequel to Darker Than Black that is coming out this month called Darker Than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini.
Watch the first series though first, obviously.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
so its a sequel? alright. someone just told me about a new bones show and i was interested in it

whats the first one like?

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Says the guy that I had to keep bugging to continue with watching TTGL during the first arc, only to reach the 2nd arc and finishing it before I even had the chance to mention it again.
The only reason why I finished the 2nd arc so quickly was BECAUSE I got hooked on the second half of the first arc.
Like I said, this is what I think of TTGL after reflecting on it. Plus you don't know what I was preoccupied with at the time...

Agreed.

Hands down this is what made 2.0 amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81O950F81rU

I spammed this video all over my crew thread and MD/VA threads lol.
Yeah, that scene was so awesome. It surprises me how much they've changed Shinji (in a good way).
Evangelion 2.0 is amazing. Especially Asuka's new plug suit. lol

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Hey, I showed Minato an awesome looking anime and everyone should watch it:

Seitokai no Ichizon

Its one of them lovely reference animes with comedy <333

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5909/Seitokai_no_Ichizon

I know someone already mentioned it... Just reminding.

There's only 1 EP out, lol. Minato thought it was fun, so I got "hype"

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey, I showed Minato an awesome looking anime and everyone should watch it:

Seitokai no Ichizon

Its one of them lovely reference animes with comedy <333

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5909/Seitokai_no_Ichizon

I know someone already mentioned it... Just reminding.

There's only 1 EP out, lol. Minato thought it was fun, so I got "hype"

It's a reference anime/light novel, that always initially gets me hyped. :laugh:

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm getting it right now.

also my korean pop culture professor said to watch the winter sonata (based on korean drama) anime out in oct 17

the original drama actors are the VAs for the anime

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just watched the first episode of Seitokai no Ichizon. It's alright so far. Lots of references were made at the beginning making it more enjoyable for me.
Hopefully the show picks up as the episodes go on.

EDIT: And yes PC. I do remember you mentioning Seitokai no Ichizon to me over IM.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Yeah, that scene was so awesome. It surprises me how much they've changed Shinji (in a good way).
Evangelion 2.0 is amazing. Especially Asuka's new plug suit. lol
Agreed, agreed, agreed, agree!!! Like I like Shinji 10x more!!!!!

and Asuka is as hawt as ever.

Asuka and Misato = my favorite characters in Evangelion.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Railgun ep2 didn't have as much action, but made up for it with a lot of super humorous scenes. Kuroko is so amazing! :chuckle: Her character is just so freaking hilarious and awesome.

Top Bottom