• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

G U R U

Smash Lord
I like Kyon more than Tomoya. Kyon and Kamina from TTGL are the only guy characters I've considered adding to my fav characters list on MAL.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I like Kyon more than Tomoya. Kyon and Kamina from TTGL are the only guy characters I've considered adding to my fav characters list on MAL.
I only have 3 guys up there. Ed, Hayate, and Simon.
I had Araragi up there but I took him out. Maybe I'll revise the list and put him back up there.

And I've been watching Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
I don't like the adaptation. Now I want to read the original Higurashi and see how that one was..
Umineko anime isn't bad though. It might just be because I've read the original first. Oh well.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I only have 3 guys up there. Ed, Hayate, and Simon.
I had Araragi up there but I took him out. Maybe I'll revise the list and put him back up there.

And I've been watching Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
I don't like the adaptation. Now I want to read the original Higurashi and see how that one was..
Umineko anime isn't bad though. It might just be because I've read the original first. Oh well.
I heard the anime deviates on some significant part later. This was why my Higurashi/Umineko-fan friend of mine suggested that I read it over watch it.

And it's not "Ai Rabu Yu"; it's "Ai Raaabu Yuu"! :p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I heard the anime deviates on some significant part later. This was why my Higurashi/Umineko-fan friend of mine suggested that I read it over watch it.
After finishing the first arc, I see that they skipped a lot.
Seems like they skipped things that they shouldn't have. Oh well.

Now I want to start reading Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru, but I'm still reading the 8th Haruhi novel... :(

rason110290

Smash Apprentice
I didnt finish Air. Its not cute enough. The only decent looking character is Gao Girl (mizuno? I know it starts with an M).

Ahaha~> Uguu > Gao> Anything else unless im forgetting somethihng

VietGeek

Smash Hero
oh it wasnt him

it was this idiot

viet why are you even in this thread go watch more code grass
no steel ur wrong

kanon just has a bunch of cute girls and somewhat emo vibe

gtfo ur opinions of an anime are bias toward how moe a character is; you have bad taste

go back to the legion of doom plz thx

VietGeek

Smash Hero
no they aren't.
kk let me explain:

1. learn to read the original post. i said kanon is less emo than clannad, not that it is not emo. i know ur so successful in life and ready to spread ur wings to stardom and such but reading comprehension still helps every bit. <3

regardless~

2. kanon has too many characters for only 24 episodes. especially when you spend 10 out of 24 of those episodes heavily on makoto (which by the way is also the same reason i feel she brought about the heaviest emotional effect; even though i do not really care much for her as a character [Mai > everyone else]).

some characters don't get enough screen time where they actually do something. the only reason everything worked out is because of the small snippets here and there up to the climax of each female's arc. the time is not divided as well as clannad, which while in the end it focuses on nagisa, the time seemed better distributed, it's probably because they are all in one facility (school), and that everyone became close to each other as well as tomoya, while kanon was largely just everyone for yuuichi.

or rather because the clannad anime chose to stay centered towards nagisa allowed it to maintain consistency and you can actually understand nagisa to probably the same level as if you went through her arc in the VN (a decent assumption considering ppl began to dread nagisa and the entire episodes dedicated to her dramatic life).

yuuichi has one main traumatic event that blocked out his childhood memories versus tomoya who has a dysfunctional family full of misunderstandings, and a general turbulent life at both home and school; chances are tomoya is a much deeper character than yuuichi is if we judge by anime alone (obv this is the anime thread). while both protagonist ultimately resolve their past conflicts, misunderstandings, etc., the delivery with tomoya's side is just better overall, there's a lot more to work with, and the episode where he meets his father's mother was almost immediately after tomoya faced clinical depression, steering him into the drive to live a better life again.

kanon just has too much going on for a standard 24 episodes only, and the basis of the story doesnt allow everyone to interact in the same fashion clannad presented with its "family" theme.

also i did not capitalize correctly because it's uncharacteristic of :011:

also i'll admit sayuri is pretty legit. :012:

is the k-on ova even worth watching?

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I haven't really streamed a whole series since Haruhi.

Whenever I try to stream, I feel reluctant to. I just can't do it anymore. I want nice quality.

NICE. FREAKIN'. QUALITY.

Of course, streaming might have that, but I'm used to DL'ing, so I just DL, loli.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently watching Clannad, the subtitles go by a little too quickly, though. (Well, atleast in this site i'm watching it in)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So should I watch Kanon now or Index?

I have watched the first 3 episodes of Index and liked em. Should I continue or go to Kanon?
I like Kanon more than Index. Index has its flaws.
But maybe it would be best to watch Index first to take a break from Key stuff.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I like Kanon more than Index. Index has its flaws.
But maybe it would be best to watch Index first to take a break from Key stuff.
I think I agree with this.

On another note:

I just watched the OVA of K-ON! as well. I LOVED IT! SUPER KAWAII!!!!

Do you all remember when the K-ON! girls were imagining Yui rolling around reading instead of studying? That's how I was like when I was watching the episode except instead of a book I had my laptop in my hands rolling back and forth.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
with all this kanon talk

i just ordered the original kanon dvd artbox collection. lol

Top Bottom