• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I just watched the Christmas party episodes.

I nearly exploded out of my seat.
That episode was one of my favorite episodes. The ending was just so good! Probably the first major turning point, actually.

And that video was the next major turning point. You're at the climax, which I absolutely loved!!

And my favorite song would be Silky Heart.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
ROFLMFAO!! I have no idea lol. I just had to find the video on youtube so I could do the time link thing.

Like I swear, I have had this kind of nostalgia in a LONGGGGGGGGGGG time!

I think the last time I was this emotionally wrapped in an anime was probably back in 07 with School Days. Thank God I know the ending won't be the same =D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My top 5 Toradora songs.

1. Orange
1. Orange Citrus Mix
3. Silky Heart
4. Please Please
5. Vanilla Salt

List numbering looks weird but I liked both versions of Orange. A lot of the songs were good.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

How can I resist?

Spoiler Gif

Scroll really fast past my post if you haven't seen Toradora! Also Close your eyes and scroll down too just in case.

Extra filler so people don't stumble on my spoiler gif from the bottom.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I hope that was purposely made incorrect of the line "mou ichido"... (But if it is, I don't get it...)
Nope, just my lack of moonspeak knowledge and subsequent mishearing of a line.
Also in almost all cases where I look up the spelling of something and find it to have an "ou", I can't hear the "u" at all.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
the "u" acts like an extension of the "o" sound

sometimes its romanized as the o with the line on top

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol I have to start watching a new anime asap now!

I can't get Toradora! out of my mind now. I woke up this morning mad blown that I finished it last night...=(

I will have to admit, when Taiga ran away and the credits started to roll, I was about to grab my laptop and throw it against the wall....thank got I moved my mouse and saw there was like another 7ish minutes left of the episode.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lo. I have to start watching a new anime asap now!

I can't get Toradora! out of my mind now. I woke up this morning mad blown that I finished it last night...=(

I will have to admit, when Taiga ran away and the credits started to roll, I was about to grab my laptop and throw it against the wall....thank got I moved my mouse and saw there was like another 7ish minutes left of the episode.
LOLi Yeah, Toradora is amazing. It's sad when you finish it, but I'm glad it wasn't stretched out.
My only problem with it was that it was a tiny bit rushed for the last two episodes. Too bad the last two novels aren't translated yet.

As for the last scene,
Once the credits rolled, I knew it wasn't over. Toradora just wasn't the type of anime to end it like that. If it did end there, that would've been too sad.

And I'd wait on watching any anime that's like Toradora for a little while. It won't feel the same.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i think ive said this before but toradora is the only anime (maybe there was one other?) where i loved ALL of the main characters.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i think ive said this before but toradora is the only anime (maybe there was one other?) where i loved ALL of the main characters.
Same. Although I do like Minori less than the other Toradora girls. I didn't hate her, but certain things did bug me a little.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I'm gonna start reading those after my finals.

i can't wait until its over. i'm gonna do nothing but watch anime, read manga and visual novels, play melty and melee.

aaaaaaaaaah =D

and then eventually be productive

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i guess. i do it only when i have a lot of free time.

if i was able to do it all day, i would.

but then who wouldn't?

G U R U

Smash Lord
Click on the cards and it'll take you to the club page. Both the Toradora and K-ON cards are from the same club. Join the club. Then go into the thread for christmas cards and request a card of your choice.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL Yeah... I actually know someone that stopped watching as soon as the credits started and didn't know that there was an epilogue afterward until I told them.
And I'd wait on watching any anime that's like Toradora for a little while. It won't feel the same.
In your case, it was Clannad, right? Not liking Clannad from the first third of the show due to Toradora!... :ohwell:
I think I've said this before but Toradora is the only anime ever where as soon as I finished it I watched the whole thing over again. Obv not in one sitting but over the course of the next few days. I love it so much!
And this is one of the shows that I did re-watch shortly after finishing it for the first time for me, as well.

And I'll probably start reading the novels during this winter break. If not in December, then it'll be in my New Year's Resolution to read it in January. :chuckle:

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol at the guy who stopped watching Toradora! as soon as the credits started to roll.

I think I am going to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I just finished downloading ALL the episodes and have converted and uploaded them to my iPod. I'm really happy with the cable I purchased to be able to hook my ipod up to my big screen tv. =D

Also I am definitely going through the same withdrawal I went through when I finished School Days. Everything is reminding me of Toradora! Usually the scenes of:

When Taiga runs out of her apartment and cries out Ryuuji and Minori see her!
^I seriously had to pause the episode and take it all in.

and

The classroom scene when Minori confronts Taiga, and then she runs away and Ryuuji said he will chase her.
^ I pooped myself

tend to pop in my head randomly throughout the day.

Also when Ryuuji and Taiga left Ami's place and Minori broke down and started to cry made my heart hurt.

Being a guys, I am pretty ashamed of myself as to how emotional involved I became in this series.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
When Taiga runs out of her apartment and cries out Ryuuji and Minori see her!
^I seriously had to pause the episode and take it all in.
I've probably seen this scene about 8 times...if not more (seriously).
Being a guys, I am pretty ashamed of myself as to how emotional involved I became in this series.
What's wrong with that? Don't conform to stereotypes of society...
Edit: Ninja'd...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
In your case, it was Clannad, right? Not liking Clannad from the first third of the show due to Toradora!... :ohwell:
Yeah, that's how it was. I really liked Clannad starting from the end of Fuuko's route.
Her route wasn't bad, it just felt dragged on. Kotomi's was good, I liked that one.

I think I am going to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
My top 3 anime are TTGL, Eva, and Toradora. Let's see if you'll like TTGL as much as I did.
Shows that struck me were Toradora, Kanon, and Clannad.
Even knowing what happens in Kanon when I read the VN, I still felt sad at certain scenes. I really liked Kanon.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Even knowing what happens in Kanon when I read the VN, I still felt sad at certain scenes. I really liked Kanon.
Sames, and somewhat with true tears.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Yayuhzzzzz!

I am glad you all understand how I feel about the series =3

^last one I promise =D

I just found this adorable.

My top 3 anime are TTGL, Eva, and Toradora. Let's see if you'll like TTGL as much as I did.

I am really excited to watch TTGL!

I still have yet to watch Kanon and Clannad.

Should I watch the first release of Kanon?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaUHiQo5e58
I love this song in Kanon. It worked well with a lot of scenes.
Fun random fact, Kanon was the first VN that I died in. I didn't even die in Tsukihime.

Sames, and somewhat with true tears.
I totally forgot True Tears. While it wasn't tearjerking like Kanon and Clannad, it was done really well.
It was really hard to stop watching True Tears.

Oh, and my volume 3 Lucky Star Manga's at the Mira Loma USPS building. Too bad they won't let me pick it up...

Should I watch the first release of Kanon?
I haven't seen the first one, but just watch the 2006 one by KyoAni.
Edit: This was probably my second favorite song in Kanon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OenL95c4PA4&feature=related

Top Bottom