• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i liked elfen lied. i heard the manga is better in many ways.

i've put off reading it for a long time

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
When Tec0 mentioned reading the EL manga a few days ago, I had the following to say:
Teczero prepares for a crippling downward spiral towards depression. Full story at 11.
And it still applies. Seriously, only read it if you really want to feel sad and confused for the next month or so.

Edit: speaking of depression, I'm playing the final/main route of Yume Miru Kusuri right now. The good end better be **** good to make up for all the **** they made this girl go through.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol I am pretty mad....I was at work today, and in my free time I was studying for my sociology final tomorrow, and the word deviance kept coming up and it kept making me think of delinquent, and that kept making me think of Ryuuji and then Taiga. And then it made me remember how sad I am that Toradora! is over =(

On another note, Gurren Lagann is so good. I knew I was going to like it because multiple people kept scolding me for not watching it yet.

I love LOVE Gainax.

ScumFever, I can make you your gif tomorrow afternoon after I get home from my final. Just tell me what you want here or pm it to me =D

I also REALLY like the TTGL opening. It makes me maddddd happy =D

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol I am testing avatars =D I finally learned how to just have the image and not the background of the image for an avatar =D

I am about to put Asuka back up! I like how she points =D It makes me think she is saying "Trust Your Instincts" instead of "ANTA BAKA!"

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
NKB i'm looking for the clip now

i have no idea where it is

this is the only downfall of lucky star :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
NKB i'm looking for the clip now

i have no idea where it is

this is the only downfall of lucky star :(
I could probably help since I remember a lot of Lucky Star by heart. :)
But it's not like I'll be on SWF all day... so yeah.

Anyway, new avy and sig since I felt like changing things around.
My holy trinity of characters: Konata, Taiga, and Shana.
4th favorite's Hinagiku, but I couldn't find a way to integrate her in. She stands well on her own though, so I might bring my Hinagikuism sig back.

Has anyone else here played the Toradora! Portable game for PSP?
It's really good. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm going back to it now that I know more Japanese.

so how bout that one piece?
Good. But we already have a One Piece thread, so I usually just discuss One Piece relate stuff in there.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Air was pretty good. Just marathoned the rest of it. They should've just made the whole thing about the summer characters. Definitely the best part of the anime.

Next is Beck!

G U R U

Smash Lord
lol ya I promised my friend that if he watched Haruhi, I'd watch Beck. However I was planning on watching Beck anyway so I sorta tricked him haha.

He texted me today and said he loves Haruhi!!! SUCCESS!!!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I could probably help since I remember a lot of Lucky Star by heart. :)
But it's not like I'll be on SWF all day... so yeah.
QFT! Minato is like a robot (yeah...) when it comes to remembering where a random event is within a(n) manga/anime. He's done it so many times right on the mark when I ask him about stuff. (And the count if even higher if you count really close guesses.)
Has anyone else here played the Toradora! Portable game for PSP?
It's really good. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm going back to it now that I know more Japanese.
You said it was EXTREMELY easy to understand (via IM), and you didn't even have that much knowledge of Japanese before. I'm tempted to check it out simply to see exactly how easy it is to understand; and will continue if it's not above my low threshold of stuff that is "too much of a drag" to understand. (LOL Sloth...)
lol ya I promised my friend that if he watched Haruhi, I'd watch Beck. However I was planning on watching Beck anyway so I sorta tricked him haha.

He texted me today and said he loves Haruhi!!! SUCCESS!!!
XD Awesome! Tricky GURU...
And I would find an audio file of the Melee announcer saying "SUCCESS", but that goes under things that're "too much of a drag". :lick:
Can't wait to see what his reaction on E8 is! :chuckle: Make sure to tell me his reaction when that happens! And if he gets bored, tell him to do the thing I suggested many times a while back (i.e. watch part 1, part 2 up to the last café scene, then part 8 from that same café scene).

G U R U

Smash Lord
That's what I told all my friends to do XD

My other friend who had already watched the first season just recently watched the second season and he said he marathoned E8! O_____O

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's what I told all my friends to do XD

My other friend who had already watched the first season just recently watched the second season and he said he marathoned E8! O_____O
I marathoned E8. Same goes Kurasu, I think.
It wasn't as bad as I thought. lol
But I won't be doing that again in the near future.

Does this involve any anime?
Yes, but we exclude Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece since they have their own boards.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I marathoned E8 (with Minato over IM) after having already watched each episode of E8 at least twice... :dizzy: (But that's not something I should be bragging about... *goes to hide in a corner*)

And I know a couple of friends that went to see Sword of the Stranger in theaters, and they liked it a lot. (I didn't go because tickets were $12.50+tax... :ohwell: ...and I had a class during the time it aired in the limited showing)

Deception

Smash Ace
Yes, but we exclude Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece since they have their own boards.
And because they are extremely overrated and LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOONG.

Samurai Champloo's amazing. One of my favorites.
It's coming out on Blu-ray in the US and I want to buy it.

The baseball episode was hilarious.
Ah, Samurai Champloo, the hip hop successor of Cowboy Bebop.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol I am currently downloading the dubbed version =D

It was so stupid trying to find a video without someone editing the video itself and like writing there own youtube channel in the corner of the video.

Top Bottom