• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dating Advice Thread

T

Trick or Treat

Don't pretend to be naive, you know what you've done. And that was just a mere trickle compared to the real kind of splashes you could be making.
Or, I should say, I don't know how or why. I didn't really expect things to go this way.

My point was that if you think it's true you're going to make it true in reali-- oh just forget it you downer. >___>
I'm well aware. <3

Bahaha I would really like to hear that story please.
It's dumb. There was just a little disagreement in the Unpopular Smash opinions thread and he just really pissed me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
That's all because I'm getting tired.

I'd rather not date a complete stranger like you on the Internet. :p
I'm starting to think we're not on the same page here...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That might've been the funniest thing I've seen you say here Psycho.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
this is the worst thread I've ever seen holy ****

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Truer words have never been spoken on this site

What even happened?

And envy is right on that last post. This thread is not a good indicator on ways to get the ladies.
Just just testing people in her own unique way, which is the yandere way anyway. :rolleyes:

Besides, I'd rather get someone in my own school instead of being forced to drive for the sake of seeing that long distance girl. It's the only way so certain relatives can finally shut the **** up and stop pressuring me to be like my countless cousins that are engaged. I bet none of you know what it's like to have such relatives in the first place.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's dumb. There was just a little disagreement in the Unpopular Smash opinions thread and he just really pissed me off.
As the owner of that thread I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. lol

Anyways this thread is silly... Getting dating advice from video game forum dwellers? Common son.

T

Trick or Treat

Truer words have never been spoken on this site

What even happened?

And envy is right on that last post. This thread is not a good indicator on ways to get the ladies.
Just just testing people in her own unique way, which is the yandere way anyway. :rolleyes:

Besides, I'd rather get someone in my own school instead of being forced to drive for the sake of seeing that long distance girl. It's the only way so certain relatives can finally shut the **** up and stop pressuring me to be like my countless cousins that are engaged. I bet none of you know what it's like to have such relatives in the first place.
Well, you see, what I meant was that since you're all making me the star of the show, that's the problem. That's what gets you put into the friendzone, treating a girl like she's a prize and putting her on a pedestal above other people. Don't do that. You can't let that get into her head, then she gets the idea that "Look at me, everyone wants me! I'm so great!" or she'll just take advantage of the fact that you view her so highly and if she's a *****, she'll use the **** outta you. Girls are evil.

As the owner of that thread I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. lol

Anyways this thread is silly... Getting dating advice from video game forum dwellers? Common son.
Oh, yep. I'm usually good at not holding grudges like that, but he's the exception. You're pretty cool though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well, you see, what I meant was that since you're all making me the star of the show, that's the problem. That's what gets you put into the friendzone, treating a girl like she's a prize and putting her on a pedestal above other people. Don't do that. You can't let that get into her head, then she gets the idea that "Look at me, everyone wants me! I'm so great!" or she'll just take advantage of the fact that you view her so highly and if she's a *****, she'll use the **** outta you. Girls are evil.
Oh wow some people actually know what they're talking about on here disregard what I said earlier.

You're pretty cool though.
I was thinking the same about you... Lets be cool together and go out for dinner sometime, my treat.

Compliments go a long way in terms of making a first impression and getting that first date. Just don't over-do it. Take notes young Padawans.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You know, this is precisely what I hear from women when they discuss this topic repeatedly. While that is a pretty big indicator of something tends to be the truth, it's just really saddening to me that they all seem to want us to regard their gender as some primitive level where you cannot approach them from a certain angle or they cannot help themselves but to inflate their head and naturally wish to walk all over everything. It's kind of silly.

I mean, I don't want to treat women like their on a pedestal all the same, but not because of any reason like that. I've had the experience of doing such things, with pretty much all of my girlfriends, and the problem with it every time was that I needed to focus on myself and not obsess or lose my identity in a dynamic that completely transcends my being, and one that is most likely to be tentative. So I've no need to accuse an entire gender with such an insult. I'll put them off a pedestal for myself, not because they've no control over how they act (which really seems like a stereotypical view of women from their greater emotional tendencies).

Generalizing everyone based on their presence on this site? There's a lot of people that have more experience and more of a life than yourself here, if you look a tad better. Not that I'm a good example... :laugh:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Congrats, now I'm convinced that I shouldn't listen to those ungrateful ******** in the first place. Flesh and blood or not, they shouldn't dictate what should or shouldn't happen in my life. I'll just enjoy my carefree and lazy lifestyle as much as I want and be the I dependant guy that needs NOBODY! :awesome:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Generalizing everyone based on their presence on this site? There's a lot of people that have more experience and more of a life than yourself here, if you look a tad better. Not that I'm a good example... :laugh:
You're putting words in my mouth... I never claimed to be the king of romance. I've just been a part of this community long enough to know that there are far better places to look for in terms of getting dating advice.

Sure there are always exceptions to the rule, but I can say with confidence that the average Smasher really doesn't have a clue on how to properly treat women.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Well, you see, what I meant was that since you're all making me the star of the show, that's the problem. That's what gets you put into the friendzone, treating a girl like she's a prize and putting her on a pedestal above other people. Don't do that.
Is funny because when I see other guys treat a girl like this, that girl goes automatically in the "attention *****" category in my book. Not that I'm saying that you are. Anyway, I bet you would have reacted different if someone approaches you in person and not through a video game forum.

I personally would never try to establish some kind of relationship outside friendship via chat or forum, even if is videochat, I'll try to do that on person, face to face. Some people behave differently when they actually see the face + body of the person, they don't look at him/her the same way as they used to when they were talking to him/her on chat or forum.

You can't let that get into her head, then she gets the idea that "Look at me, he wants me! I'm so great!" and she'll just take advantage of the fact that you view her so highly and if she's a *****, she'll use the **** outta you. Some girls are evil sluts.
There you go, I fixed it, now it looks a little bit better.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is funny because when I see other guys treat a girl like this, that girl goes automatically in the "attention *****" category in my book. Not that I'm saying that you are. Anyway, I bet you would have reacted different if someone approaches you in person and not through a video game forum.

I personally would never try to establish some kind of relationship outside friendship via chat or forum, even if is videochat, I'll try to do that on person, face to face. Some people behave differently when they actually see the face + body of the person, they don't look at him/her the same way as they used to when they were talking to him/her on chat or forum.

You're my hero, thank you! :crying:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You're putting words in my mouth... I never claimed to be the king of romance. I've just been a part of this community long enough to know that there are far better places to look for in terms of getting dating advice.
No, you're putting words in MY mouth, I didn't say you claimed that, I was just stating that there are people that can offer good advice here everywhere you look here despite this being SWF. Pointing out that there are no doubt people here with more expertise than you wasn't to be taken like that.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
In this thread, the conversation between @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel and @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer is perhaps the most accurate example of a guy trying to hit up a girl. The guy (The Real Gamer) insists that he can show the woman (Holder of the Heel) a good time (date). The woman (Holder of the Heel) tells the guy (The Real Gamer) that she's been with a lot of men before and honestly he doesn't look any better than the other men she has been in a relationship with in the past. The man (The Real Gamer) tries to fake sincerity by stating that he may not be the king of romance as in the greatest man that ever lived, but he knows how to smash properly treat a woman unlike most of the other primitive man-folk in the room. As you can see, the two have scored in the sense that they are taking each other out of context and have been putting inappropriate things in each others mouths.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Foolish humans, being in love is optional and not just that important in life. In the end, you'll wind up making people like feel me feel bad and feel like I don't fit with today's society. Nurufufufufu!

T

Trick or Treat

You know, this is precisely what I hear from women when they discuss this topic repeatedly. While that is a pretty big indicator of something tends to be the truth, it's just really saddening to me that they all seem to want us to regard their gender as some primitive level where you cannot approach them from a certain angle or they cannot help themselves but to inflate their head and naturally wish to walk all over everything. It's kind of silly.

I mean, I don't want to treat women like their on a pedestal all the same, but not because of any reason like that. I've had the experience of doing such things, with pretty much all of my girlfriends, and the problem with it every time was that I needed to focus on myself and not obsess or lose my identity in a dynamic that completely transcends my being, and one that is most likely to be tentative. So I've no need to accuse an entire gender with such an insult. I'll put them off a pedestal for myself, not because they've no control over how they act (which really seems like a stereotypical view of women from their greater emotional tendencies).

I think you might be taking what I said out of context, at least partially. I didn't mean that all women are like that, and obviously there are exceptions. I'm not like that, for example, and I know plenty of women who aren't. But it's undeniable that a lot of them ARE like that.

Those, the ones that do take advantage of it, are the ones you have to watch out for. If you truly love or care about someone, whether you're dating them or not, then it's not an issue. But one of the biggest issues, in terms of leading to the friendzone, is I see too many guys basically making their life revolve around the girl. That's when it's an issue. Putting her above everything else and treating her like she's a celebrity. A lot of girls will take advantage of this, maybe not even intentionally or maliciously, but it will happen sometimes.

Congrats, now I'm convinced that I shouldn't listen to those ungrateful *******s in the first place. Flesh and blood or not, they shouldn't dictate what should or shouldn't happen in my life. I'll just enjoy my carefree and lazy lifestyle as much as I want and be the I dependant guy that needs NOBODY! :awesome:
GOOD! That's how it should be, that last part at least. You shouldn't "need" a girl, that's a turn off. Focus on yourself and being independent. That's the way to go.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
No, you're putting words in MY mouth, I didn't say you claimed that, I was just stating that there are people that can offer good advice here everywhere you look here despite this being SWF. Pointing out that there are no doubt people here with more expertise than you wasn't to be taken like that.
"There's a lot of people that have more experience and more of a life than yourself here, if you look a tad better."

You said this as if I'm unaware that there are people on this site who are in successful relationships. I know people on here with families, wives, multiple girlfriends (yes multiple not singular), etc. I was just talking about the Smash community as a whole.

This community isn't exactly well known for its treatment towards women, which is what I was alluding to, just not in the most mature way I could have said I guess.

EDIT: I love how my font spontaneously changed on me.

In this thread, the conversation between @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel and @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer is perhaps the most accurate example of a guy trying to hit up a girl. The guy (The Real Gamer) insists that he can show the woman (Holder of the Heel) a good time (date). The woman (Holder of the Heel) tells the guy (The Real Gamer) that she's been with a lot of men before and honestly he doesn't look any better than the other men she has been in a relationship with in the past. The man (The Real Gamer) tries to fake sincerity by stating that he may not be the king of romance as in the greatest man that ever lived, but he knows how to smash properly treat a woman unlike most of the other primitive man-folk in the room. As you can see, the two have scored in the sense that they are taking each other out of context and have been putting inappropriate things in each others mouths.
Holder is a woman?

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

The way I act on here is the same way I am in person, so take that for what you will.

Also you can't blame the woman until she actuallly acts on it. I can't control how a guy acts toward me, so it's nor my fault. But if I acted on it and took advantage of him or became an attention *****, then I'm at fault.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer

You said that this thread was silly because we're all video game forum dwellers. So long as there are those people that know about relationships, this thread makes sense to have. And personally, I think the average individual knows more than you give them credit for, although I might be strangely optimistic. It's just people all go through life just as we do, although their path is different. Human beings are a bit more complex than what we see.

Yeah. Unless she's been sharing fake pictures in the Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread the entire time.
Damn it Acrostic, that's mean. ;-; I'm a (very manly) guy.. people already think I'm a female enough as it is because I have the oh-so-feminine word Heel in my username. Plus I used to have purple text, which is an oh-so-feminine color.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Oh my god I love you Acrostic. That post was amazing. <3 Edit: The long one, I mean.

Holder said:
Damn it Acrostic, that's mean. ;-; I'm a (very manly) guy.. people already think I'm a female enough as it is because I have the oh-so-feminine word Heel in my username. Plus I used to have purple text, which is an oh-so-feminine color.
If the only thing he drew from that is the possibility of you being a woman, then at the very least it would have been interesting to see how he would have treated you under the assumption that you were a woman verusus a man since he connoted that he knows how to properly treat women in relation to the rest of the community.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
@ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer

You said that this thread was silly because we're all video game forum dwellers. So long as there are those people that know about relationships, this thread makes sense to have.
That post really wasn't supposed to be taken as seriously as it was. >.> Like hellooooooo I'm a forum dweller as well and I feel as though I have some good advice I could give. :)

And personally, I think the average individual knows more than you give them credit for, although I might be strangely optimistic. It's just people all go through life just as we do, although their path is different. Human beings are a bit more complex than what we see.
Based on my personal experiences both on this forum and in person, as well as my idea of proper "dating" etiquette, I'd say the FGC in general has a long way to go. There is a reason why gaming communities are largely dominated by males.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey, don't be talking smack about Oasis!

That post really wasn't supposed to be taken as seriously as it was. >.> Like hellooooooo I'm a forum dweller as well and I feel as though I have some good advice I could give. :)
No. You were dead serious.

:laugh: My apologies.

This thread has delivered.
Always a pleasure, Falcon.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
SPITS DRINK

ACROSTIC YOU DID THE THING

maybe this thread isnt a lost cause after all : P its getting amusing again!

Top Bottom