• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dating Advice Thread

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
As a guy, you can still be hot and it won't matter until you recognize it. Just sayin'
This is kinda true, but it also implied recognition bbycakes

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
implied

Now you're starting to sound like a woman ;)
It's ironic because men rely far more heavily on implication when it comes to thoughts and feelings.

AAkacia

Smash Cadet
It's ironic because men rely far more heavily on implication when it comes to thoughts and feelings.
That's what happens when you consistently have to dissect what the opposite sex says. Whereas, guys are typically more straight-forward when speaking and rely on implications when listening - women speak implicatively, and take things exactly as their said. (instead of as intended)

"BABY I SAID I DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING FOR VALENTINES DAY"
".. that's why I didn't get you anything?"
"BUT I WANTED TO GO TO THE BEEEEACH"
"Why didn't you.. tell.. me that?"
"IT WAS IMPLIED **** YOU SUCK AT COMMUNICATING"
*leaves room*

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That's what happens when you consistently have to dissect what the opposite sex says

"BABY I SAID I DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING FOR VALENTINES DAY"
".. that's why I didn't get you anything?"
"BUT I WANTED TO GO TO THE BEEEEACH"
"Why didn't you.. tell.. me that?"
"IT WAS IMPLIED **** YOU SUCK AT COMMUNICATING"
*leaves room*
> caring what your girl wants

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I saw that girl at work again that works the night shift

I saw her walking with some other employee guy

It isn't so much that she was walking with the guy, as the guy was had the most angry look on his face staring at me while he was walking with her.

Before I left I gave a small glance to her and she noticed me looking at her and I kind of nervously looked away.

I shouldn't be doing stuff like that at my age

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey, ya gotta learn by experience sometimes, but that doesn't mean you can't help someone out, right?
I highly doubt Shaq would need advice from you just sayin

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, what do you do if someone comes back in your life that you were totally over and convinced you'd never see them again?

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
^^ This literally just happened to me a few days ago.

Honestly, I think it just depends on what you currently think of her. If you do still like her, then see if you can start something up again. If you're not sure, I'd say try it out anyways, see if she's changed any. But if the relationship ended on a sour note, I'd say just be normal around her. Don't be an *******, but if she's actively seeking you out, just treat her as you would any other person you're not interested in. Eventually, she'll take the hint...unless she's whacked and won't give up, in which case, you might have to spell it out for her.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are belly buttons like some kind of big turn on thing or something because there are some female outfits that make the revealing of the belly button prevalent

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Are belly buttons like some kind of big turn on thing or something because there are some female outfits that make the revealing of the belly button prevalent
I dunno but I have mine pierced and I think it's awesome

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I think it's a thing of personal preference, kinda like foot or hand fetishes. Personally, belly buttons actually drive me quite crazy hormone-wise...unless they're pierced. They're actually less attractive then imo. But hey, I'm just a weirdo in that regard.

AAkacia

Smash Cadet
So I saw that girl at work again that works the night shift

I saw her walking with some other employee guy

It isn't so much that she was walking with the guy, as the guy was had the most angry look on his face staring at me while he was walking with her.

Before I left I gave a small glance to her and she noticed me looking at her and I kind of nervously looked away.

I shouldn't be doing stuff like that at my age
Your mindset doesn't grow with your age unless you're actively working to change it. Literally nothing bad could happen had you smiled at her. If it's difficult to do, then make it a goal each day to smile at every single person that you make eye contact with. Even little things like that will change your mood in a positive manner. I know it's hard.

When I say your mindset doesn't grow unless you're actively working on it, I'm speaking of people who are naturally more self-conscious or down that the majority. Judging by your posts, you fall in that category. I do too, but I've made it a goal for myself to carry myself in a way that is confident and friendly and easy to talk to. It is really ****ing hard. It feels silly, but just try it. If I'm completely misreading you then just disregard me, haha. Good luck.

About the girl who's back.

If there was something between you in the past, and you've lost her before - you made it to where you are now. What could it hurt to try again?

Top Bottom