• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dating Advice Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Haha well the great thing about this site, is we don't care about people who vent their feelings(except if ya about wave dashing, and melee vs. brawl). Feel right at home, but the question is, if she is indeed your ex, why would she go to a geeks website to find out what he's been up to, if she has "moved on"
Well I imagine neither of us are going to move on until we entire a serious relationship with someone else.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well I imagine neither of us are going to move on until we entire a serious relationship with someone else.
Isn't that a tiny bit unhealthy? I'm just saying.......... I mean if you guys don't move on soon, you might get back together again. That might cause hostility, the best thing to do is to get away from her for a couple of months. In spirit, body, and mind. After that perhaps you can find a cute girl and start a relationship.

JoshCube2

Banned via Warnings
It really depends where you are, my advice would be, hold on. I have a best friend that is a gamer, a girl, and attractive(she is not my girlfriend btw) I live in Illinois. But my advice would be, is go to some gaming conventions, you will be bound to meet some attractive females there, go to smash tournaments, midnight releases, get out into the world and have fun. Eventually you will succeed.

This is a little bit late, but it depends on whether you will miss her. Ask yourself that question, if she left right now, are there better girls than you. I hope it works out for the best for you man. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread, my notifications are all weird and hasn't been telling me that people are posting here. I am now here everyone :)
I am sorry, but going to a Smash tournament has to be the worst place to pick up a woman. I might as well pick up chicks at the library.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I am sorry, but going to a Smash tournament has to be the worst place to pick up a woman. I might as well pick up chicks at the library.
You would be surprised, and would you rather pick up a girl at the mall who has a great chance of having nothing in common with you every day or meeting a girl who you have almost everything in common with after 100 days? There are girls that enjoy smash's competitive side, and also other gaming conventions have a lot of girls too.

JoshCube2

Banned via Warnings
You would be surprised, and would you rather pick up a girl at the mall who has a great chance of having nothing in common with you every day or meeting a girl who you have almost everything in common with after 100 days? There are girls that enjoy smash's competitive side, and also other gaming conventions have a lot of girls too.
I have noticed that work and school have been ranked high for meeting places. I have yet to see this same result for tournaments since 99% of the players are guys.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Yeah, I agree.
My girlfriend doesn't like video games in the very least. I even had her try Animal Crossing but she's not into it. Lots of girls aren't. Which is fine. She likes her stuff and I like mine.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
JoshCube spent money on a trip around the world convinced that Marin or Malon from Zelda was a real woman and they were destined to marry. It's true man, you can't make this **** up, so I'm thinking you don't listen too hard. Anyway there's no particular place to pick up, because life will always throw opportunities at you at weird times, so just always be ready and you'll be fine brotherjack.

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Warning Received
WTF is this??!! OMG I did not just read all of that
Anyway I need a thread where I can just post funny pictures and talk about them any help?
here it is lol you guys might not get it though
ROFL.
EDIT: how was that spam i just wanted help jeez some moderator
calls it spam, gives me a warning and doesnt even help! thanks alot :crying:

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I think my post was a bit unclear. I think both of us have moved on enough to start relationships with other people, just that our lingering feelings will remain until we star another relationship.

Upon further reflection I think we maybe nearly as over each other as we're going to ever be, we were best friends before we started dating. We've just been too influential on each others' lives. Some lingering feelings will always remain imo.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been lurking this thread ever since it was initially posted, trying to determine if this was a safe place to post about my problems. Alot of you guys are on the the younger side, but I think you've given good advice so far, so here goes.

I hooked up with a girl I met at a bar a few months ago. It was pretty good, so we decided to make it a casual thing- no relationship, just meet up for dinner once a week or so and then get down to business. This continued for about a month, and as often happens in these arrangements, I started to develop feelings for her, in spite of my best attempts not to. I didn't want a girlfriend, and I was afraid that things would get weird and complicated. I needed a way to end it, without some corny line like, "It's not you it's me," and without acknowledging my feelings for her (I didn't want to run the risk of her saying "I like you too!", then things would be really messed up). So I asked her if we could have a threesome. I figured that would totally weird her out and she would break the whole thing off; I'd look like a bit of a scumbag, but I would be out without having to tip my hand.

She agreed to it. SHE AGREED TO IT.

What now? My plan had backfired in perhaps the most amazing way possible, but now I had to choose: would I go through with it, and tumble down that potentially dangerous rabbit hole, or back off before I got caught up with something very weird and complicated, and miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime?

I don't know why I even bothered typing that. Of course I went through with it. And it was completely, 100% worth it. The threesome only happened once, and afterwards me and the first girl hooked up a couple more times, but it wasn't the same. Neither of us enjoyed it as much as the threesome, so we agreed to end it mutually. So it looked like my plan had worked: asking for the threesome had ended the arrangement without me having to make any kind of emotional concession. I was in the clear, and had a great time.

Until two weeks ago. I got a text from the first girl that her friend, the one who had joined us, had missed her period. Well, ****.

Look, I hate condoms (see: my son). I only use them when absolutely necessary, which is the first few times I'm intimate with someone new. If it continues, then I ask for test results, and if they're clean, the rubbers are out the window. Before our threesome, I asked for her friends' results up front, and she was okay. It never even occurred to me to make sure she was on birth control. I mean come on, who isn't?

Now I'm stuck in the dark phase- the 3-4 weeks between a missed period and the time when a pregnancy test becomes accurate. I am an absolute wreck. I can't have another kid, especially with someone I don't even know. How am I going to raise him/her? Will I even get along with the mom? How can I afford child support for two kids? And I don't even want to think about raising the possibility of an abortion. What should have been one of the greatest experiences of my life instantly turned into the worst.

Like I said, I waited a long time to post about all of this, and I didn't know who else to turn to, so I called my mother. We haven't spoken in years, but I know that when things get really bad I can always count on her for help. I told her the whole thing, and naturally my mom got scared, and said, "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air."

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You just asked a question in your previous post without introducing yourself IKE.

Totally rude.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
My view on relationships personally is that it's something that will most likely just happen to me by pure chance. I'm intrigued with the idea, and I'm not extremely picky tbh, but I'm not like other people my age who seem to think that if you're not in a relationship you don't deserve the time of day. If it happens, it happens, if not, whatev. My best advice is just have fun and be yourself, someone will come along.

Huh. Now that I think about it, like 2 years ago there was a girl that was like, obsessed with me and I always pretended to ignore her. Feel kinda bad about it now, lol... Oh well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've been keeping an eye of this thread for months and I'm just going to come clean. Being a in a relationship is something that's better off happening if there's no education to get in your way (college, high school, ect.) and you have all the time in the world to develop it. After seeing the times I've had love and lost (I've lost Nina's phone number, I've been friend-zoned by Lexi, Ginger already had a boyfriend, and Marissa turned out to be lesbian), I've came up with such a decision that I'd stick by until I become a more responsible individual. Living a healthier life style (becoming a health nut), get a better sense of maturity in your sanity, be more patient with anything that happens, and treat every individual you speak to like everyone else and no one special. Relationships are much better if you are a legit adult (meaning no education, having a career, and having a stable money count). If you think you'll win at a young age (which I've ****ed up at many times pre-college), you are dead wrong. Just worry more about the more important things in life (like education and staying healthy) and focus on a relationship much later. No early parenthood, no partying, no *shudders* illegal material, and nothing equally as bad. Just play it safe while you are enjoying your "single state" and being young.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air."
I knew this was coming, I KNEW IT, I found it very hard to believe at first and then after you mentioned the threesome I thought "no ****ing wayy" lol I kept reading til the end because it was a very interesting history.

Huh. Now that I think about it, like 2 years ago there was a girl that was like, obsessed with me and I always pretended to ignore her. Feel kinda bad about it now, lol... Oh well.
Too bad, is likely that she'll never put her eyes on you again. A similar thing happened to me with a girl when I was on high school, but at the time I already had a gf, but this girl was way hotter though.

If you think you'll win at a young age (which I've ****ed up at many times pre-college), you are dead wrong. Just worry more about the more important things in life (like education and staying healthy) and focus on a relationship much later. No early parenthood, no partying, no *shudders* illegal material, and nothing equally as bad. Just play it safe while you are enjoying your "single state" and being young.
I know a man who married his first gf which he met at age 14 and now he's like 40 or something and has 3 kids, very hard but not impossible, is all about the connection and how you deal with things in your life, if you can't handle it or think that is not worth it then is fine to do w.e you like/have to do instead of having a gf. Like you said, is always good to have more free time later on so that you can safely dedicate it to the relationship.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Too bad, is likely that she'll never put her eyes on you again. A similar thing happened to me with a girl when I was on high school, but at the time I already had a gf, but this girl was way hotter though.
It wasn't that big of a deal for me. I wasn't all that interested, I just felt bad for probably hurting her that way. If a situation like that happened with another girl around this point of time, I'd be a little more open to paying attention to it. Especially 'cuz I have much more confidence, self-esteem, and optimism then I did back then.

T

Trick or Treat

It helps to know that the 'process' changes depending on what you're looking for. A hookup or an actual relationship?

Sex is easy. I'm being completely serious right now, all you have to do is ask. It takes almost zero effort to hookup with many girls these days, as long as she's somewhat interested/attracted to you.

Obviously relationships are trickier. Usually. Most of you didn't like my advice from earlier but I stand by it. :)

eh?
oh never mind :rolleyes: thanks for helping me
and isn't it manners to introduce yourself before asking others questions? :glare:
The **** are you talking about?! Are you British or something? Who goes around introducing themselves before asking questions?

I mean...Hello, I'm Envy. Who goes around introducing themselves before asking questions?!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Wrong thread

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Sex is easy. I'm being completely serious right now, all you have to do is ask. It takes almost zero effort to hookup with many girls these days, as long as she's somewhat interested/attracted to you.
But that's just sex. One night stands actually exist. And Envy is right: you just have basically ask if she wants to have sex. Of course this doesn't mean go up to any girl at any time in any place as ask that. You'll get your ass kicked. But if you're at a party or a club then you can make some small talk and give her some really painfully obvious signs.
Now, I have to stress this, one night stands really aren't that great and there are some things to be wary of. Obviously you don't know what they're carrying. Plus, if you bring her back to your place, you might find something missing in the middle of the night.

Wait, what's this thread called?

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

But that's just sex. One night stands actually exist. And Envy is right: you just have basically ask if she wants to have sex. Of course this doesn't mean go up to any girl at any time in any place as ask that. You'll get your *** kicked. But if you're at a party or a club then you can make some small talk and give her some really painfully obvious signs.
Now, I have to stress this, one night stands really aren't that great and there are some things to be wary of. Obviously you don't know what they're carrying. Plus, if you bring her back to your place, you might find something missing in the middle of the night.

Wait, what's this thread called?
Not just one night stands. But even something along the lines of friends with benefits.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It helps to know that the 'process' changes depending on what you're looking for. A hookup or an actual relationship?

Obviously relationships are trickier. Usually. Most of you didn't like my advice from earlier but I stand by it. :)

The **** are you talking about?! Are you British or something? Who goes around introducing themselves before asking questions?

I mean...Hello, I'm Envy. Who goes around introducing themselves before asking questions?!

No, just no. The last thing our beloved country need is more teen pregnancy. :troll:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

No, just no. The last thing our beloved country need is more teen pregnancy. :troll:
Its not just teen pregnancy. Adults who are too poor to take of even themselves shouldn't be having children either.

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567

lol hi it was just a joke and i am british lol Embarrass

T

Trick or Treat

ok but is was a joke just cause im british dosnt mean you know me and if you did know me (you dont) you would know i never say what i said

hey
How do you know I don't know you? You don't know who I am, so you can't know for sure that I don't know you.

sup

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
How do you know I don't know you? You don't know who I am, so you can't know for sure that I don't know you.

sup
look i dont think we know each other and no i dont know that we dont know each other but i doubt it
hi
guess we are done talking:smirk:

Last edited:
Top Bottom