• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dating Advice Thread

T

Trick or Treat

Am I a *****? One of my guy friends has a big crush on me, and we work together. Sometimes he'll stick around after his shift to talk to people, but it's mostly to talk to me (he basically admitted it himself). So he's staying an extra hour or two, sometimes even up to 4 hours, for me but I don't want to date him.

wat do

why would you say that?
Why not?

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Am I a *****? One of my guy friends has a big crush on me, and we work together. Sometimes he'll stick around after his shift to talk to people, but it's mostly to talk to me (he basically admitted it himself). So he's staying an extra hour or two, sometimes even up to 4 hours, for me but I don't want to date him.

wat do

Why not?
dont ask me

well... WHY?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

wat do
Wait until he makes a move and say no.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Sounds easy enough.
The answer is always simple cupcake, people just wanna be all omgggg but so meeeaaan do awkwaaaard what do I doooo?

Just pretend you're in a cartoon, as long as you don't smack him over the head with a mallet and expect him to wake up from that coma.

T

Trick or Treat

Just pretend you're in a cartoon, as long as you don't smack him over the head with a mallet and expect him to wake up from that coma.
Mehh, he'd get over it. Time heals all wounds, am I right?

T

Trick or Treat

Maybe I should just get with him, honestly. The guy I've had feelings for, for a while, has been dating his girlfriend for a loooong time, so I need to get over him somehow.

Not the ones I inflict
Eh, it happens.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Maybe I should just get with him, honestly. The guy I've had feelings for, for a while, has been dating his girlfriend for a loooong time, so I need to get over him somehow.

Eh, it happens.
Settling is horrible and you'll end up hurting him more than if you just left him out to dry. Besides, you don't get over heroin addiction by settling for coke.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
erm i dont really ged it but ok sure be "besties" with someone you dont even know or have met just talk to a random person and say you friends no prob!
@Envy I dont think you understand the concept of friends but whatever!
who cares?
YOLO i guess? :rolleyes:
I never said anything about ~besties~
just talking about how mutual interests can lead to meaningful friendships. that seems to be the common way to make friends: mutual interest.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
WHY FALCONV1.0? WHY
I WAS GOING BACK LOADS OF PAGES ON A THREAD AND STOPPED TO READ THIS??
I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN NOW DAMN:(:awesome::evil::demon::hulk::grrr::mad::ohwell::glare::c
This post is probably the best argument for encouraging cannabis use that exists

Oskurito

Smash Lord

wat do
He wants to go balls deep in ya, lol. But as a man, I think is best if you make yourself clear as soon as possible, make him know that you don't to be in any kind of relationship with him except just friends. Tell him he's not your type or something so at least he knows a reason (but don't tell him you're gay, that prob could turn him on, lol). Is best to do this, when he tryes to approach you of course.

Yeah, I know that will probably hurt him, but is better if you do it now that if you let it slip, because overtime his crush on you will grow even more and it could be more painful for him.

Or... **** it, maybe you could give him a chance, why not? who knows, you might end up liking the guy.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I'm torn. I could either smoke weed and smack him over the head with a mallet, like Teran suggested, or I could just give him a chance. Why is love so complicated?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I say talk to him or something. If you don't like him at all, then tell him that and be clear about it.

If you like him even in the slightest, think carefully as to whether you like him less because of your crush on the other person or not. Then after some long thought, talk to him about it and tell him yes or no.

Or after you think about it, hang out with him! Pick some new restaurant to go to and see if you hit it off outside of a work situation. If not, tell him. If you do, tell him. Either way you get to try out a new restaurant.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I say talk to him or something. If you don't like him at all, then tell him that and be clear about it.

If you like him even in the slightest, think carefully as to whether you like him less because of your crush on the other person or not. Then after some long thought, talk to him about it and tell him yes or no.

Or after you think about it, hang out with him! Pick some new restaurant to go to and see if you hit it off outside of a work situation. If not, tell him. If you do, tell him. Either way you get to try out a new restaurant.
I'll be honest, I could definitely see myself dating him if I didn't already have such strong feelings for someone else.
So I guess I should try out a restaurant, see how it goes. No harm in that.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Why is love so complicated?
It is not, is you who makes it complicated, just chill and have fun.

I'll be honest, I could definitely see myself dating him if I didn't already have such strong feelings for someone else.
he could probably help you forget those feelings, srs.

So I guess I should try out a restaurant, see how it goes. No harm in that.
Sounds good.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't have anyone to like right now

It's kind of a weird feeling

AAkacia

Smash Cadet
Hi

So my last two relationships ended with the girl telling me that I'm "mature beyond my years" and "you'd be perfect.. if I was a few years older".

I spend %75 of my free time playing video games.. the irony.

Anyways, I understand that the latter quote can be taken out of context to portray me as a sexual predator so get your laughs out now. *waits*
Okay really, I'm 22. I rarely drink/smoke. I work full time. I like video games. I was a philosophy major. I'm really confused about how those two relationships turned out because that's not something you hear a girl/woman say very often. I'm beyond trying to get them back, but like

wat do

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually starting to wonder why people would want to hook up for long terms

Don't you get bored of being stagnant?

I think the only reason they do is because their scared they are going to end up alone for their life.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you ever actually been in a long term relationship, Psycho?
Never been in a relationship at all

But if it's anything like everything else in life, a couple years and I'm sick of it

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Long term relationships are rad if that's your thing
Short term relationships are rad if that's your thing
No relationships are rad if that's your thing

opinions.
opinions

I'm personally happy in my relationship. It'll be 4 years as of may 14th, and my boyfriend has been close since grade school (we've been friends for a LONG time)
He's awesome

AAkacia

Smash Cadet

opinions.
opinions

I'm personally happy in my relationship. It'll be 4 years as of may 14th, and my boyfriend has been close since grade school (we've been friends for a LONG time)
He's awesome
Relationships that start like this usually turn out best.(statistically) Early congrats!

T

Trick or Treat

Never been in a relationship at all

But if it's anything like everything else in life, a couple years and I'm sick of it
That's why a lot of relationships fail or end up in one or both of the people cheating. You have to keep the spark alive somehow, even if it's true love, if you plan on it lasting for the long haul. That's also why you shouldn't settle unless you're both willing to accept that it won't be endgame for you guys.

opinions.
opinions

He's awesome
Wow, congrats Lokii! That's pretty awesome and I'm jealous. How did you guys actually start dating?

Hi

So my last two relationships ended with the girl telling me that I'm "mature beyond my years" and "you'd be perfect.. if I was a few years older".

I spend %75 of my free time playing video games.. the irony.

Anyways, I understand that the latter quote can be taken out of context to portray me as a sexual predator so get your laughs out now. *waits*
Okay really, I'm 22. I rarely drink/smoke. I work full time. I like video games. I was a philosophy major. I'm really confused about how those two relationships turned out because that's not something you hear a girl/woman say very often. I'm beyond trying to get them back, but like

wat do
They're just not looking for anything super serious right now, is all. Especially around that age (I'm guessing they're a little younger than 22?), a lot of girls (and guys too) don't really want to commit to anything too serious and just want something a little more casual or fun. Obviously there are exceptions.
Even if you're not explicitly looking for a serious long-term relationship, the fact that they see you as that mature makes them think that's the case.

Orrrrr, and this is more likely, them saying "mature" is just a nice way of calling you boring. I'm not saying you are, just saying that might be what they're trying to say.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hi

That sounds like a big pile of bull****. If I had to take a guess, I'll say these women were actually trying to say: "YOU'RE A BORING GUY!"

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Orrrrr, and this is more likely, them saying "mature" is just a nice way of calling you boring

Lol, I actually nailed it (didn't read your response before I posted mine), I think I'm starting to learn more about women responses, yay xD

Top Bottom