• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dark Lords' Interview Thread! [Victim: Opana]

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Not to spoil the punchline, but since it appears it was missed, I specifically worded my question as a way to play on your name, DLA. :p

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
DLA, is Smash your favorite series/ What other games are you notably good at?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
DLA, is Smash your favorite series/ What other games are you notably good at?
Smash is the only game I've ever traveled across the country for, so I'd say yes, it is my favorite series. Besides that, I'd say my other love is the Elder Scrolls series. I've put way more time into playing and modding those games than I'd like to admit. I also played WoW for a long time and was pretty good at that, but quit a while ago.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
How do you prepare before a long tourney-play?
Usually I try to get a decent amount of sleep, make sure I'm showered, and I walk out of the house lookin fly. If you look good, you tend to feel good. Once I get to the venue, I try to play a few friendlies, or sometimes none at all. For some reason, I always feel like my first few matches of the day are the best matches I'll play. As the day goes on, I try not to exhaust myself playing friendlies, or eat anything greasy and disgusting. I tend to burn out easily; once that happens, I'm pretty much useless smash-wise.

Also if we're talking about Melee, I try to have at least one long practice session within a few days of the tournament, because your tech skill will atrophy in that game if you don't exercise it often. This hasn't been a problem lately, as I've been playing a lot of Dolphin netplay.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You come up with some pretty technical ideas, how much of this do you utilize in your gameplay? Have you ever been to a tournament using Ganon only? Sweden has a lot of good smashers from both Melee and Brawl, have you had a chance of playing any of which offline?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You come up with some pretty technical ideas, how much of this do you utilize in your gameplay? Have you ever been to a tournament using Ganon only? Sweden has a lot of good smashers from both Melee and Brawl, have you had a chance of playing any of which offline?
In Brawl, I added a lot of it into my gameplay so that it was there naturally when I played.
I think my strenght as a Ganon is that I use lots of ATs and "tricks". Not only the obvious ones like WKC, but also ATs that are more situational and require you to quickly see > seize the opportunity.
But there's also a lot of stuff that's so situational, that it's "hard" to add it to your natural game, and more or less mess up your concentration/gameplay if you try to add it to your game.
On 3DS, I currently play a pretty neutral Ganon w/o much help from ATs and stuff. It might be the controls, it might be the lack of C-sticking, or simply the fact that the game is still pretty new.
When the game comes out for WiiU, I'm sure things will get more interesting.

I went to a tournament in Sweden during the Brawl Era.
I placed 3'rd out of 16 players using Ganon only.
(I went ZSS just for fun in round 2 Vs a Falco after winning round one as Ganon. It didn't really matter.)

As for offline (Brawl), aside from that tourney, the only notable ones I've fought are Doopliss (a Luigi/ROB), Markus90 (a good Kirby), and Tonsana (a really good MK, Sheik, Snake, D3, C.Falcon, Ganon)
Thankfully, Sweden is such a small country that playing other Swedes online feels almost like offline.

What is your beverage of choice whilst gaming?
Being a Ganon, my beverage of choice whilst gaming is Spinal Fluids from puppies, but when I don't have access to that, I go with Coke or some healthy juice.
There's also:

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Would you ever travel outside your country to attend a big tourney?

What is your favorite and least favorite MU to play?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Any of you smoke weed everyday?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
What stops you from going to more tournaments?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Are there awesome ways to talk about Ganondorf in Swedish? Names, phrases, plays on words? Or is Sweden just too chill for that?

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

It depends on what country. Atm, traveling to America to attend a tourney, is not on my map.

My favourite MUs atm would be Little Mac, C. Falcon, Bowser, and Charizard.
Little Mac: This MU is extremely dynamic. Both characters have the tools to completely destroy the other.
C. Falcon: Ganon Vs Falcon. Enough said.
Bowser and Charizard: Flame Choke Shenanigans.

What stops you from going to more tournaments?
Nothing really. My first tourney took place when Brawl started to fade a bit here is Sweden.
When the smash 4 WiiU Era begins, there should be lost of opportunities for me to attend tourneys here, though.

Are there awesome ways to talk about Ganondorf in Swedish? Names, phrases, plays on words? Or is Sweden just too chill for that?
Yes, there are.
One of them is "Ganon's Kassler", which sounds like Ganon's Castle.
Kassler means Smoked Pork Loin.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Who are your secondaries, and what made you use them?
Ganon and Mega Man are tied as my mains.
Secondaries are:
Sonic: He's recieved a massive power-up and is fast and fun to play.
Bowser: He's a house full of pain and fun this time around.
also some Lucario: The new way his aura works is a lot of fun, and he works really well Vs characters that have problems killing early.

It all comes down to fun-factor for me, and Ganon is, by far, the most fun to play character in both Brawl and Sm4sh.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
What are your thoughts on doubles, and do you perform well in them?

Which non-legal stage is your favorite?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Among all the Ganon players you've seen, whether offline or online, ranking from top to bottom, which of them do you think is the best to worst?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What are your thoughts on doubles, and do you perform well in them?

Which non-legal stage is your favorite?
I love doubles, and I believe I do well in them. In doubles, you and your partner can win by playing smart even if your opponents are technically better on paper.
As for Ganon, he's a monster in doubles. His partner can support him and help him when he's about to get gimped or when getting comboed and generally make up for his shortcomings, which means Ganon has sort of no weakness in doubles - only strenghts.
If ppl are at 80% damage, the kill hangs in the air for Ganon, and Gerudo creates some nasty Team Shenanigans together with a smart partner.

Favourite non legal stage? Magicant.

Among all the Ganon players you've seen, whether offline or online, ranking from top to bottom, which of them do you think is the best to worst?
Gungnir is probably the best Ganon atm.
As for worst: My Ganon in this match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmhdC7g5aLo

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'd just like to say thanks for finding that fair->buffered special, I use it a lot.

How much is Smash apart of your life?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'd just like to say thanks for finding that fair->buffered special, I use it a lot.

How much is Smash apart of your life?
You're welcome.

Smash takes up a lot of my Leisure Time, that's for sure.
And I've made a lot of friends through it.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
If you could make a living off Smash, would you?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
If you could, would you kidnap an elven princess who is often rescued by a green clad hero?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Which Zelda game is your favorite?

Does MM3D interest you?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Which Zelda game is your favorite?

Does MM3D interest you?
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, by far. It's magical.
I remember my first couple of hours playing that game as a kid. It was unreal.

Not at the moment.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, by far. It's magical.
I remember my first couple of hours playing that game as a kid. It was unreal.

Not at the moment.
I'm not too big a fan of 2D Zeldas, but nonetheless this one I've near completed and I can honestly say it's worthy of its praise. Mine would have to be WW, I love the sense of adventure and some of those items, such as the Deku Leaf, are my personal favorites.

Me either tbh, needs more.

Would any Zelda character potentially dethrone Ganon as your main if announced as DLC?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I have one. I have spent a ton of time training with my Ganondorf, and most, I can beat almost anyone I play online. What can I do to take my Ganondorf to the next level?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I have one. I have spent a ton of time training with my Ganondorf, and most, I can beat almost anyone I play online. What can I do to take my Ganondorf to the next level?
Trade friendcodes with a good player(s) from this website and duke it out, or try and see if you can find somebody in your area that's interested in offline-matches.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Are you actually from Pakistan?

Also, what is your favorite movie or TV show?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What "hard" MU do you feel you do really well in?

What's your favourite combo with Ganon in sm4sh?

What player do you enjoy battling offline the most?

Where do you see Ganon in the future Tier List?

Do you feel "Ganon is the best character in the game at this!" regarding something?

Why are you so good with Uair?

Being so evil, does it hurt when you do something nice by mistake?

Last edited:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
What are some of your real-life goals and aspirations?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Favorite food?
Favorite drink? blood of your enemies doesn't count.
Most disliked word?
Sleeping habits?

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
What is Ganondorfs best move?
What is your mindset during matches?
How can I be as patience as you? ^^

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
If I were to fanboy any harder from where I live, would you feel it?

Would you be pleased if Rayman was added via dlc?

Are you an UMvC3 fan?

Top Bottom