• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The D-Tilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah I see! (Sometimes I full jumped and tryed to start the dair as soon as I sh'd/fh'd)

So sh dair at low percents isn't good, but fh dair is? Do I have to worry about how it autocancels?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I am one to ask many of those... >_>

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Falcon's knee sends you straight out in NTSC too... gravity makes the arc? I don't get what you mean.
No it doesnt.

In NTSC, falcon's knee sends you in a slight arc. Go knee something, you'll see it go up a lil bit. It's a nasty angle, but it's still a slight arc.

Apparently in PAL, falcon's knee is like sheikslap angle. Flatline.

Sounds disgusting. XD

otg

Smash Master
I found a legitimate use for Dtilt:
-You've just recovered and are grabbing the ledge.
-Fox/Falco/Falcon is right in your face waiting for you to come up so they can punish you.
-Ledgehop Dair -> dtilt
-Profit

This works because Dair will beat out spotdodgers who were anticipating another attack, and dtilt comes out ridiculously fast, so it should connect immediately. If they CC than you're ****ed, but otherwise that **** will ****

Bil

Smash Ace
I found a legitimate use for Dtilt:
-You've just recovered and are grabbing the ledge.
-Fox/Falco/Falcon is right in your face waiting for you to come up so they can punish you.
-Ledgehop Dair -> dtilt
-Profit

This works because Dair will beat out spotdodgers who were anticipating another attack, and dtilt comes out ridiculously fast, so it should connect immediately. If they CC than you're ****ed, but otherwise that **** will ****
....Did I not just explain this a couple of pages ago?

Oracle

Smash Master
I DOWN SMASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :3 ;p

Ok, here is something I don't understand.

I go to training mode, with fox first. Practice his drill>lcancle>then shine to continue the combo...

Ok so I try doing the same thing with Doc (I was bored) drill>lcancle> and then do a jab. Usually it doesn't continue counting, but sometimes it DOES. (I know I lcanceled because I jabbed right after landing, it was pretty quick.. or did I? Hmmm...

Wtf is that?
Jabbing isn't all that good. No one's jabs save fox and falco and gannon have enough hitstun to guarantee another hit. jab-anything in training mode will never be a combo. Its good for unpredictability, and unless you're facing M2K, they probably won't have good enough reflexes to escape (unless they know that and you do it a lot)

To address your post, you're probably buffering a jab on some of them and simply waiting too long on the others.

For the thread: D tilt is a great mindgame because it can mess up their DI

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Fox and Falco? What's so different about their jabs? I'm pretty sure the Mario bros have faster cooldowns on their jabs... I could be mistaken, though.

Gea

Smash Master
Actually you have enough time assuming they don't CC. It all depends on %. That's why you mix up your jabs anyways. Jab-> jab, single jabs, jab to grab, jab to utilt (more of a Mario thing), jab to dsmash, jab to run away.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll watch it and then play some melee yay. :]

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty **** effective. I think I tended to overuse it, but then shunned it, and now have to pick it up again... 0_o;

Oracle

Smash Master
Fox and Falco? What's so different about their jabs? I'm pretty sure the Mario bros have faster cooldowns on their jabs... I could be mistaken, though.
The difference is that Falco and Fox's jabs (there are a few others) are treated as actually attacks, and their knockback and hitstun go up much, much faster than normal jabs like doc and mario.

Besides, at low percents, no ones jab garuntees another hit. Go test it in training mode. But fox's and falcos will send them up and away at high percents

Bil

Smash Ace
So I was at a tourney today, and I felt like going Doc in teams for one match in a set. I ledgehop dair -> dtilted this one falcon like 40 times. **** is way 222gg...and also really bad. I was also doing a bunch of jab grabs, but I'd mix it up and sometimes switch it to a jab dtilt and **** their *****. God ****...Melee ****ing Owns.

Bil

Smash Ace
****ing revived!

So I've been playing a bit of Doc lately, and Dtilt is really ****in horrible, so horrible that when I Dtilted my friends ganon while he was upbing to get back on the stage that he ****ing teleported into the middle of the stage and then died.... wtf? Middle of the stage as in the middle of FD....but literally in the stage.

n0ne

Smash Ace
I Main Mario Plumber, but ocasionally use Doc, and the only REAL use ive ever found for his down tilt is when youre juggling youre oponent u can fake ur jump so that he will think youre gonna keep hitting him so he uses his second jump, when i say fake a jump i mean just a mini jump fakeout then when hes about to touch the ground u down tilt him so that he goes flying off the stage and because he has no jumps hes doomed . Then edgehog-guard or cape or bair even. ftw

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I Main Mario Plumber, but ocasionally use Doc, and the only REAL use ive ever found for his down tilt is when youre juggling youre oponent u can fake ur jump so that he will think youre gonna keep hitting him so he uses his second jump, when i say fake a jump i mean just a mini jump fakeout then when hes about to touch the ground u down tilt him so that he goes flying off the stage and because he has no jumps hes doomed . Then edgehog-guard or cape or bair even. ftw
:bigthumbu

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was born in Rhode Island!

Anyways, people don't expect d-tilt. I'd only use it once though lol. Although I haven't ever tried it... On good people. lol

Acolyte

Smash Rookie
Idk, down tilt is mindgames at best. When I try it on really good player, they cc it or wall tech it if I somehow happen to stage spike with it.

Every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom