• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Coral Springs Bros. Monthly House Tournaments! Invite your friends!!! =D

8Bitman

Smash Master
The Coral Springs Bros. Monthly House Tournaments

Address: 4102 NW 78th Terrace, Coral Springs, FL, 33065, United States

Times:

~Everyone is allowed over starting at 2:00 P.M
~At 3:00 P.M we will begin Doubles Registration, and get it started soon after
~Then 1 hour after Doubles we will start Singles Registration, and get that started soon after as well.
~After all tournaments are finished, you can stay as long as you like.

When you find out where we live you will be able to find a bunch of Restaurants and Fast-Food places near us. There is a McDonald's on WoodSide Dr. / Sample Rd. As for other places to get food, just ask us while you are here.

My brothers and I thought about hosting tourneys at our house since we have a lot of T.V's and a pretty big Living Room area. We can have around 16 or so people come to these events. So they won't be huge but we can get a pretty decent sized tournament going on.

I want everyone to choose the Saturday that is best for them. Because these events are made for the Saturdays that there is no major tourney going on and for when we just want to have something to do on those Saturdays.

We have enough room for everyone that wants to come. But there isn't enough parking space, so IF you CAN bring a lot of people, DO IT, plus you won't have to pay Door Fee. =D

We have enough parking space for about 5 cars. Idk if that is enough. Also if you can bring a T.V you don't have to pay Door Fee. We only need maybe one or two more T.V's to make it run smoothly but other than that everything else is fine. The only reason is that two of our 4 usable T.V's have lag on them. If we cannot get any T.V's then we will just have to play tourney sets on the good ones, and it is up to you and your opponent if you would like to play on the laggy ones.

All we ask of you all is that you act nicely, and be aware of the things around you, people have broken too much stuff in our house before. O-o

Please Call or Text 954-825-9596 if you have any problems/questions about these events.

Basics:

5$ Door Fee (If you bring a T.V and/or a car of 4 or more people you don't have to pay Door Fee, this also applies if you bring a Wii.)
10$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ Per Teammate)

RULES:

General Gameplay Rules

1.) 3 Stocks
2.) 8 Minute Time Limit
3.) Items set to "Off" and "None"
4.) All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
5.) Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6.) There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7.) The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8.) Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9.) If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
10.) In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
11.) If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Rules for Doubles

1.) Team Attack set to "On"
2.) Life stealing is allowed.
3.) In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4.) In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5.) If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

1.) Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2.) Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3.) Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4.) The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5.) The first match is played.
6.) The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7.) The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8.) The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9.) The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10.) The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11.) The next match is played.
12.) Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority

If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters:

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:

Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

I think that's about it, if there is anything else I need to say please tell me.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Would you ever be interested in coming to one of these Lade?

8Bitman

Smash Master
I can see this getting pretty big, but Hype is needed.
Bring whoever you want!!! =D

I am officially making it the 13th.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
13th...is ktar

dfear,2link,xaltis,greenace,mvd, djjack, and kemel will not be here. we will be in jersey.

everyone else is free tho.

free in all meanings too. :awesome:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alright I will see if anything is happening the 20th, but I am pretty set on this date. You all can come to the next one then. =3

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I would suggest maybe setting up the first date next month or on the 27th. It gives people ample time to call off work/practice for the event.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alright, like I said, you all decide the date.

August 27th for now. ^_^

OverLade

Smash Hero
August 27th is right after school starts. But I definitely intend to support these events in the future. SFL make sure you come out to keep this alive until Tampa is able to come out! :)

8Bitman

Smash Master
Yeah I know, I wanted to have a tourney before school started back up but I want a lot of people to come, so I am making it most convenient for everyone else. ^_^

8Bitman

Smash Master
=/

I have been Setting this thing back and back and back. I need a legitimate date. If I keep setting it back this won't even occur...

Unless everyone can agree on a FINAL date, I am not changing it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
27 sounds amazing. make sure the florida thread posts it. ask 2link

Ac3 ZeN1x

Smash Rookie
Yo, make it on sept. i don't care when but in sept. y'all i can't make it on Aug. 27th

8Bitman

Smash Master
Ace are you the guy that called me? If so welcome to Smash boards lol.

Also I really don't know which date to make this people are saying to make it September 3rd, and others are saying August 27th is good.

Argue amongst yourselves lol. :troll:

For now I am keeping it the 27th, IF I can guarantee a better turnout on the 3rd, then I will change it but I have to know who is and who isn't coming. =3

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alright. Thanks guys. I don't want to have a bias decision, I want everyone to be like, "yo we goin' to 8Bit's this day, FOSHIZZLE!", not like "MAN! I wanted it on this day, WTF MAN!"

Final Date: September 3rd

8Bitman

Smash Master
Double Post Bump.

Guys I am looking for Wii's. 2Link you are bringing yours correct?

I need like 2 or 3 more Wii's, especially with the unlimited time replay hack.

You don't gotta pay Door Fee if you bring one.

Also if anyone can bring like one T.V that would be awesome. I completely forgot that two of our T.V's had a little lag on them before I made this thread. We have two non-laggy and two laggy T.V's. Unless you don't care about a tiny bit of lag then play on them IDC. Fine by me. =3

8Bitman

Smash Master
IDK 2Link, he might team with MVD or Halzy, if he comes.

Seibrik/Nick Riddle!!! BRING ALL THE WII's YOU CAN!!!! =3

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Do you know how far Tampa is from here? lol. How is MVD getting here? Nick didn't say he was bringing him.

eh, teams isn't a big deal for me I guess.

:rosalina:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Uhhh MVD is getting a ride from someone else... IDK who.

And just see about dubz when you get here 2Link.

Top Bottom