• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Coney Island Disco Palace, A.K.A Bowser's Social thread!

D

Deleted member

Wassup y'all. Anyone have eyes on his Alts yet? Anything new or just the same as the Smash 4 ones?

D

Deleted member

Hey.

Just to let you know guys, that tomorrow is the last Smash Ultimate Direct before the game releases, i wanna mention that i plan to leave Smashboards after the Direct happens (either by requesting a perma ban or by terminating my account), and therefore if anyone wants to take ownership of this social, please say so. That way the ownership will be transferred to someone else.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think the Piranha Plant trailer had another part of the song in Bowser's highlight video.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Bowser should have Usmashed that beam in the cutscene. The new bad guy probably wasn't aware he's invincible during that. Always happy to see players experiment with Fire Breath though!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Bowser should have Usmashed that beam in the cutscene. The new bad guy probably wasn't aware he's invincible during that. Always happy to see players experiment with Fire Breath though!
Pretty sure it fails against unblockable, Final Smash-tier attacks, which Galleem's attack was since we saw multiple defensive moves fail.

Did you just watch Gamexplain's video explaining Wii Fit Trainer's usmash? Because that's intangibility, which can avoid unblockable moves.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It has been a while since I've last popped up here, but I recently saw some new Classic mode footage that had Mario facing Bowser as the final opponent. However, after Bowser gets defeated, he reappears and changes into Giga Bowser, who still seems to operate like a standard fighter, but uses the same boss health bar as Galleom, and is immune to knockback.

https://youtu.be/n8V2POYTrC0?t=209

With Giga Bowser being more than just a mere Final Smash who punches fighters for screen KOs, you do have to wonder if he'll also pop up in the World of Light adventure, and if a special Spirit might exist that enables the player to change Bowser into a fully playable Giga Bowser.

However, while watching the video, I noticed that Giga Bowser never jumped, and delayed some of his attacks. Not sure if the AI was programmed to be like that, but since Giga Bowser still moves around like a standard fighter (unlike Galleom), this finding does lead to more questions that need answering.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It has been a while since I've last popped up here, but I recently saw some new Classic mode footage that had Mario facing Bowser as the final opponent. However, after Bowser gets defeated, he reappears and changes into Giga Bowser, who still seems to operate like a standard fighter, but uses the same boss health bar as Galleom, and is immune to knockback.

https://youtu.be/n8V2POYTrC0?t=209

With Giga Bowser being more than just a mere Final Smash who punches fighters for screen KOs, you do have to wonder if he'll also pop up in the World of Light adventure, and if a special Spirit might exist that enables the player to change Bowser into a fully playable Giga Bowser.

However, while watching the video, I noticed that Giga Bowser never jumped, and delayed some of his attacks. Not sure if the AI was programmed to be like that, but since Giga Bowser still moves around like a standard fighter (unlike Galleom), this finding does lead to more questions that need answering.
That makes me wonder if other characters will face bosses at the end of classic mode. Maybe Dracula for the Belmonts. Boss Ridley for Samus? Porky for the Mother kids? This does leads to more questions. Interesting, nonetheless

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That makes me wonder if other characters will face bosses at the end of classic mode. Maybe Dracula for the Belmonts. Boss Ridley for Samus? Porky for the Mother kids? This does leads to more questions. Interesting, nonetheless
From what I've seen so far, Wolf faces Galleom as the final boss, and it appears that his Classic mode path involves fighting fighters who were not in Brawl and/or Smash 3DS / Wii U; opponents included the Ice Climbers, Young Link, and Solid Snake.

Duck Hunt's boss fight was against Rathalos, and I'm pretty sure that for Simon and Richter, they'll get Dracula for their boss fight.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Bowser feels really nice to play as now. The added weight and faster speed goes a long way. I've been clearing Adventure with him as well and I hardly ever need to switch to another character.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I don't miss the kill confirm as much as I thought I would. Bowser, as a whole, feels pretty damned good now that I got my hands on him. There's a lot to like about how he plays in this new system.

You all will be seeing a lot more of me now that the game is out.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Aww, Bowser boards aren't too lively

Anyways!

Bowser clicks with me so well in Ultimate that he's my new main! Basically, cause my friend, a Pit main, (who has beat both Nicko and kossimoss online...) Has s negative record vs my Bowser, only character i can consistently best him with.

Bowser is a machine in this game and drop down fair from the stage is so hard to avoid in this game. My only wish is a little more utility from his throws...i did manage to get a 68% string with him yesterday, but don't remember the buttons sadly. Firebreath is CRAZY in this, it's an easy 35+ damage upon contact near the base. Also, does some B's range feel less? But still great.

I'm gonna take him to my first local for ultimate tomorrow. I play off against Captain L, big d, let'stickle, etc there. Sadly, I actually dont have ultimate...(my friend bring it overs weekends lol) but yeah. Long live king koopa!

B!squick

Smash Master
Greetings everyone. With the new game out and considering I haven't used the old name for anything I care about for many many years, I figured now was as good a time as any to take on a new moniker. Hopefully there's nobody else who goes by Bisquick because I spent tens of minutes making this avatar.

So yeah, loving Bowser. Worst part is he's lost that draw of being bad. Now I don't have as much of an excuse if I lose. :X

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well, I got top 8 at my local with mostly Bowser (and a successful Pichu counterpick to Falco). Bowser is solid...except vs Pit, who juggled him all day and murders his recovery off stage with arrow Snipes. Rip.

B!squick

Smash Master
Nice.

Having played online a few more times today I can safely conclude it is hot garbage and I don't understand how anyone can play it. So, Smash hasn't changed in that regard at least. It might be my imagination, but it feels worse somehow than I remember. Though it's been a while.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Been a while since I played some smash. Bowser was my guy in 4. I never got into it enough to play competitively, but at a few locals I'd say I held my own competently.

So I'm playing this since I am a Smash fan. There's a few things that I got used to in 4 that are jarring for me in this. Like the side B I haven't seen that I can do it out of shield. I don't remember much, I'm getting old, folks, I'm 32 lol. Also, his down B can be interrupted now? Kind of sad about that one, haha.

So what has been found what works with him so far? Any bread and butter that's recommended just for basics?

B!squick

Smash Master
I don't know. He feels very samey to me, just better in every possible way. For one thing, aerials are better by a factor of 10 now.

Last edited:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Is that so? I guess due to my not playing Smash 4 very much I couldn't tell.

It's good to hear he's much better. I suppose I'll be needing to watch some videos to know what is best practice.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Bowser rocks the adventure mode fights. When his defense is ramped up higher, it increases the tough guy and attack armor dramatically. We just stop being combo food until we've taken serious damage and it's a lot of fun.

B!squick

Smash Master
I can't beat it though. On hard. I'm at the final fight. And I'm sick of the game making me reclimb the "tower" and refight the bosses... sometimes? It's really annoying and inconsistent. You only get back one stock if you've lost any after the "tower" and boss rush portions, yet after you've beaten one you get to restart on the next phase with all your stocks unless you... turn off the game??? In which case you have to redo everything and I'm just sick of it at this point. I'm too angry at it to care about finishing it now.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
Anybody looking forward to the Bowser's Inside Story remake?
Just recently remembered it's coming out soon, and I got instantly nostalgic about the days where my friends and I were eagerly anticipating the original, while we all played brawl's wifi over MSN Messenger lol

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh hey, maybe I can finally finish that game. I got stuck and no amount of guides could help.

In other news, I'm going to be in an online tournament tomorrow, but I don't know if I'm going to use Bowser. Stage list is skewed toward campy characters, sadly.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
why do i get the feeling this thread would be more lively if Bowsette was An Echo Fighter?

like nobody seems to give a crap about bowser and i have no clue if that's due to King K.Rool stealing the show or if bowser's just not that fun to talk about in ultimate

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
tbh the social thread in the last game was also barren after the discord was created. I assume people are still over there. All the smashboards activity is just talk about tech.

pff, k rool stealing the show. That is funny.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
tbh the social thread in the last game was also barren after the discord was created. I assume people are still over there. All the smashboards activity is just talk about tech.

pff, k rool stealing the show. That is funny.
well it's true have you seen how often their social thread gets replies compared to the other heavies? or even other newcomers(Isabelle And Inkling wish they had that many replies coming in)

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
well it's true have you seen how often their social thread gets replies compared to the other heavies? or even other newcomers(Isabelle And Inkling wish they had that many replies coming in)
Nah I don't really care about a bunch of users signed up in 2018 talking about their For Glory kills. I'm just saying that's funny, saying K rool steals Bowser's thunder. K rool's entire design is like a spoof or some kind of homage to Bowser. It's like if you said a Beatles cover band steals the show from the Beatles. I'm sure the music they're playing is nice, but nah, you're not as cool.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
it's just nice to have something to talk about and people to talk with on such a matter

but you can't deny K.Rool's tools did take people by surprise(seeing as most heavies bowser included do not have such tools)and that's probably why discussion for him is everywhere

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Looks like Larry Lurr, M2K, and K9 all have pocket Bowsers!

Sadly, none of them worked and they all lost their sets. M2K's was the best though, coming close after winning a game.

From a Bowser main perspective though, all of them seemed clunky... none of them used the almighty F6 90% killing side b either.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
it's really hard for me to use bowser after using K.Rool because if i switch to bowser i suddenly feel naked....

not sure if it's due to the crown toss or what but as bowser there isn't this sense of "I Can Bully You into making mistakes" like i get with K.Rool

so it's far easier for me to get zoned out or messed up by sword characters or just fast characters like pikachu/pichu

arkag

Smash Rookie
Hi all!

Blue Bowser is the best alt right now, but maybe they'll patch a purple one? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom