• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The competitive problem

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
1. Sooo, all your saying is video games are the devils work (loljk) and put peoples hours into seemingly useless activities? We can maintain another life outside of this, so it's a hobby. This is why we are all called "Nerds" because we share a common interest in and wish to delve far into it. If you really think it was a waste of time, good for you. I however have other interests as well as good grades and good (kinda) social skills.

2. Yes, when you get better, you limit your options as far as move choice goes, but because you are at this level, you are FORCED to use mindgames, otherwise that narrowed down option becomes too visible. This is why it's fun. I DO think Brawl is not the game for this, but Melee is without a sense of doubt.

Can I has win badge?

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
....wat

If you don't find competitive smash fun.... stop playing? There is no real "problem". If you like light-hearted ffas, hey that is cool have a blast. But you are posting to an audience of mostly play-to-win gamers that have more fun being competitive. To some people competitive play IS fun, yes more fun than ffas. It is solely your opinion what is and is not fun.

This isn't changing anyone's mind. I really don't see what you are going for here. No amount of wordy posts is going to make me stop having fun while playing competitive smash.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
1. Sooo, all your saying is video games are the devils work (loljk) and put peoples hours into seemingly useless activities? We can maintain another life outside of this, so it's a hobby. This is why we are all called "Nerds" because we share a common interest in and wish to delve far into it. If you really think it was a waste of time, good for you. I however have other interests as well as good grades and good (kinda) social skills.

2. Yes, when you get better, you limit your options as far as move choice goes, but because you are at this level, you are FORCED to use mindgames, otherwise that narrowed down option becomes too visible. This is why it's fun. I DO think Brawl is not the game for this, but Melee is without a sense of doubt.

Can I has win badge?
Yes good sir, yes you ****ing may.

You enjoy playing a game because it's inherently, we enjoy it more when we dont suck *** at it.

/debate

Wut debate, there is no argument to be had. Your friends suck and you dont enjoy easy wins, dont tell us that suddenly that means we shouldn't get good. You could use that exact same mentality to sports, dont be a *******.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
....wat

If you don't find competitive smash fun.... stop playing? There is no real "problem". If you like light-hearted ffas, hey that is cool have a blast. But you are posting to an audience of mostly play-to-win gamers that have more fun being competitive. To some people competitive play IS fun, yes more fun than ffas. It is solely your opinion what is and is not fun.

This isn't changing anyone's mind. I really don't see what you are going for here. No amount of wordy posts is going to make me stop having fun while playing competitive smash.
I'm not trying to convince you to stop having fun, or to stop playing competitively. I'm trying to convince you that the better you get, the harder it will be to have fun, and the rarer a fun match becomes.

Yes good sir, yes you ****ing may.

You enjoy playing a game because it's inherently, we enjoy it more when we dont suck *** at it.

/debate

Wut debate, there is no argument to be had. Your friends suck and you dont enjoy easy wins, dont tell us that suddenly that means we shouldn't get good. You could use that exact same mentality to sports, dont be a *******.
I DO use the exact same mentality towards sports. Heck I use it even moreso towards sports than smash because even a moderate amount of competitive ability requires several rigourous and painful weekly multi-hour practice sessions for only an hour a week of play.
I will never understand watching sports, partly because my time is too divided among other hobbies to risk adding one that I decided is even more pointless than videogames. Nor do I like playing sports, but I do participate in some solo-sports for my health occationally.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I DO use the exact same mentality towards sports. Heck I use it even moreso towards sports than smash because even a moderate amount of competitive ability requires several rigourous and painful weekly multi-hour practice sessions for only an hour a week of play.
I will never understand watching sports, partly because my time is too divided among other hobbies to risk adding one that I decided is even more pointless than videogames. Nor do I like playing sports, but I do participate in some solo-sports for my health occationally.
Well, thats the thing. You can't say that this competitive gaming business is some weird outgrowth of the game, if you believe thats the same with sports, which is thought to be as not some weird outgrowth. At this point, you should recognize that this issue is due to your own perception of games rather than an issue with competitive gaming.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm not trying to convince you to stop having fun, or to stop playing competitively. I'm trying to convince you that the better you get, the harder it will be to have fun, and the rarer a fun match becomes.
You're trying to convince us of something we cant believe. This is all from a love of the game, dont tell us that by actually wanting to have more options in this game that we will have less fun. M2K enjoys the game a lot more than other people and he's better than those people, what exactly does that say.

And if seriously think this is 'some weird outgrowth' as Xienzo put it..uhhmmm...I dont know what to say that isn't straight up flaming so I'm just going to say IT'S THE MOST IGNORANT THING I'VE SEEN IN MAH LIFE.

Albert.

Smash Master
I love how this topic of discussion was started by someone with 3,500 posts.

He's proposing a pointless idea about this game but obviously he's gone deep into what he's describing as pointless, with 3,500 posts.... this game is a competition, so yes, people are going to "compete"

all of these stupid little sports and games, and non-sports sports and stuff all has a pointless "pro" scene. What is wrong with that and WHY think about it?

This thread defeats itself as anything worth reading, what a waste of time.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
yay he skipped me post.

That means it's right :)
Yes and no. It means many people posted directly at a single poster. I didn't comment on your post specifically, because I had no comment on melee being better foir mindgames than Brawl. I decided to go from casual to competitive with Brawl's release because I didn't even know there was a competitive scene until a competitive friend told me about it about six months before Brawl's release. He wasn't very good at melee, but he played to win, unlike me, who was too lazy to learn how to wave-dash, l-cancel, shffle, dash-dance, or any of the other ATs when I could beat him anyways and brawl was almost out. So I have no authority or ability to comment on mindgame potential in melee.

Well, thats the thing. You can't say that this competitive gaming business is some weird outgrowth of the game, if you believe thats the same with sports, which is thought to be as not some weird outgrowth. At this point, you should recognize that this issue is due to your own perception of games rather than an issue with competitive gaming.
Competitive sports are a bit different. It's not about individual skill as much as it's often about teamwork among a dozen or more players for one, which means it's not as lonely at the top. The fact that a team must be several members, among whom only some ascend to the next tier, in addition to the orginazation of teams such that the better a team is the more likely they will recieve award and then lose their best member to a higher tier, makes it much more logical at least from a sociological standpoint. I still can't understand why anyone would want to be a part of a team considering the fault for loss is no longer totally your own, your victory is not totally dependent upon yourself but also in the hands of your teamates, and the fact that it requires so much practice. The biggest thing about team sports (and not solo) is the fact that no matter how good the team is, there will almost always be challenge and difficulty winning within your own league, as your teamates are variables outside of the individual's control.

Competitive smash, on the other hand, is pretty much all about the individual. Sure there are team battles, but they don't seem to be as popular as 1v1 (I could be wrong).

You're trying to convince us of something we cant believe. This is all from a love of the game, dont tell us that by actually wanting to have more options in this game that we will have less fun. M2K enjoys the game a lot more than other people and he's better than those people, what exactly does that say.
No. He rarely ever plays this game. He said so himself. (although it'll be a little tough to pull up, I'm thinking of something that was said months ago.)

XienZo

Smash Lord
Competitive sports are a bit different. It's not about individual skill as much as it's often about teamwork among a dozen or more players for one, which means it's not as lonely at the top. The fact that a team must be several members, among whom only some ascend to the next tier, in addition to the orginazation of teams such that the better a team is the more likely they will recieve award and then lose their best member to a higher tier, makes it much more logical at least from a sociological standpoint. I still can't understand why anyone would want to be a part of a team considering the fault for loss is no longer totally your own, your victory is not totally dependent upon yourself but also in the hands of your teamates, and the fact that it requires so much practice. The biggest thing about team sports (and not solo) is the fact that no matter how good the team is, there will almost always be challenge and difficulty winning within your own league, as your teamates are variables outside of the individual's control.

Competitive smash, on the other hand, is pretty much all about the individual. Sure there are team battles, but they don't seem to be as popular as 1v1 (I could be wrong).
Why does no one care about tennis or golf anymore? :(

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Going to my first tourmanent made me realize why I think being good is more fun than just casual. Playing people dedicated to it more than casuals makes me think harder and play better. Matchups are puzzle pieces, and puzzles are fun.

To me, Smash is like chess: You can always get better, or you don't. There's always opportunities to compete, and competing in a specialty is what people have been doing for thousands of years.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
It had nothing to do with Melee vs. Brawl. I said this because I had the suspicion you would use the "Brawl isn't deep" card on me. It's simply a preference. The fact is, once you have reached that narrowed gameplay, you must rely on mindgames to continue to make games diverse, but well over half of the brawl community doesn't understand mindgames and even fewer could define it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
you're Trying To Convince Us Of Something We Cant Believe. This Is All From A Love Of The Game, Dont Tell Us That By Actually Wanting To Have More Options In This Game That We Will Have Less Fun. M2k Enjoys The Game A Lot More Than Other People And He's Better Than Those People, What Exactly Does That Say.

And If Seriously Think This Is 'some Weird Outgrowth' As Xienzo Put It..uhhmmm...i Dont Know What To Say That Isn't Straight Up Flaming So I'm Just Going To Say It's The Most Ignorant Thing I've Seen In Mah Life.
did I Ever Use The Words 'plays It A Lot'.

Either Way You're Incredibly Naive And Threads Like This Have No Place On A Competitive Anything Forum.
mew2king...do You Still Hate Brawl, Because This A Lot Of Knowledge For A Game You Hate.

Lol, Marth Has A Shine.
i Do Not Like The Game, But I Want To Help People As Much As Possible
.. .

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You know...M2K enjoys melee, and your quote of him is quite old. Recently he mentioned that he does like brawl too.
I know it's old.

The last time I cared about competitive smash at all was about a month before the last time you saw Yuna take a major part in a tactical discussion. I'm not sure what his motivations were, but oddly we both left tactical almost completely at around the same time.

But that's trivia, as I am saying I have no way of knowing what M2K said about anything any later than around January. I only knew to look in the Marth boards at posts from three months ago because I remembered that he made a number of very depressed posts about how much he hates Brawl, and those are even farther back than this one.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I was really referring to just Smash in general if that wasn't clear, either way, this thread doesn't prove ****. Do you know why he disliked (or dislikes, **** I dont care anymore) Brawl? The top level play is no where near as fun. Do not tell me that casual matches between noobs can ever be as epic and just as fun to even be NEAR that event as that clip of the shiz wiz being too good.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Sure. If you have nobody around to play a game at your level, it's boring.

That is independent of whether you play casually or competitively. And yes, if you're the only person around who plays competitively, it gets boring.

If you have a group of people together, all playing competitively and trying to improve, it's way more rewarding than casual play. You get the feeling of accomplishment from winning that you just don't get if you don't care about winning.

I play competitive smash and competitive tennis. Competitive play is more fun than casual play, for me, in both cases.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
How can being competitive be more fun than being non-competitive?
As Louis Armstrong would say, man, if you gotta ask you'll never know.

Luckily, SSB is a series that can easily be played as seriously or not seriously as you like. If you have more fun playing casually, good for you. Doesn't mean everyone shares your view on fun.

What you're doing right now is essentially the same as me seeing some people playing a FFA with items and telling them they'd have more fun if they used tourney rules. I don't have the right to tell someone else what they'd have more fun doing, and neither do you.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
The Halloween Captain said:
How can being competitive be more fun than being non-competitive?
As long as you ARE having fun, does it really matter why?

May I ask a question?
What are trying to accomplish with this thread? What do you want to find out?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Halloween Captain - Are you serious? Humans are an enigma. The thoughts and reasoning of one of us completely eludes others of our species. You have already made up your mind in regards to how you feel about competitive smash. But I feel like you are a victim of circumstance. If you had good competition you might think differently.

Also stop speaking in absolutes and saying things like competitive smash will make you unhappy. It's extremely arrogant. Humble yourself and do not claim to know the minds of those who walk different paths then you do.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I agree with EL, this is also the WRONG place to post any so thread here. The simple fact most people come here is because they enjoy competitive smash. It's fun for them, it's fun for me. If it isn't for you, then go enjoy FFAs and make the best of your experience.

Splice

Smash Hero
I find competitive smash more enjoyable than 'the lulz' smash i always used to play.
competitive smash is still fun and full of lulz as well, we play friendlies y'know?
If you know the people well, then its kind of casual but its just set up as a tournament, so
Every match has more adrenaline and its more of an experience.
Just playing around on Smash randomly limits the experience. You can still do both,
just dont play you main against your friends, or get Brawler friends.
I'd Also like to say i completely agree with Emblem Lord. He is right and his post is intelligent.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I saw the title of this thread and thought this was gonna be aimed at MK or the counterpicking system we have lol.

Fun is subjective, people are subjective, sometimes we like weird sh** lol.

Smash Master
Would you rather roll a dice (item FFA) or determine your outcome through something you can control (no items 1 v 1)?

I find putting my knowledge and skill into practice more enjoyable than rolling a dice.

Ever play War? How about Hearts or Spades? Which did you find more fun, and why?

(Are you sakurai?)

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, this is the type of question to bring to a psychology forum, not to a competitive gaming forum. We're not here to fully analyze the depths of the human mind (we scratch the surface *coughlolmindgamescough*, but that's nothing, really).

However, many people enjoy bringing new depth to something. It's normal to want to improve, and some people go further than others to achieve that goal.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Stupid topic is stupid.

Like many have said, fun is subjective. Most of us on Smashboards find the competitive scene extremely fun.

Honestly, the OP is calling us all "TOURNEY***S!!!1!!!" with a nice layer of sugar coating.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Stupid topic is stupid.

Like many have said, fun is subjective. Most of us on Smashboards find the competitive scene extremely fun.

Honestly, the OP is calling us all "TOURNEY***S!!!1!!!" with a nice layer of sugar coating.
Actually it's more like you seem tourney-dependent to me.

While fun is subjective, becoming pro is a long, difficult process. Often it is work. In fact, it is work more often than it is fun. It is also expensive. And unless you have a few friends you meet very regularly to play with, turning competitive typically involves a lot of work that is only rewarded by a tournament or so a month, often less. Don't get me wrong, these tournaments are very fun, but they are very expensive - they cost you all the time you spent working to perfect your skills. The trade-off is quality over quantity of fun. For me, with zero tournaments in months, I could have had high quality fun, but the quanity of fun hit 0 at that point.

Not everyone will ever hit 0 fun, in fact most of you will always have access to tournaments and the like. It will be high quality fun no doubt. It will often (not always) be very little fun overall though. Should the tournament scene ever be unavailable for an extended period to any one of you, that quantity could easily drop to 0.

EDIT:

Halloween Captain - Are you serious? Humans are an enigma. The thoughts and reasoning of one of us completely eludes others of our species. You have already made up your mind in regards to how you feel about competitive smash. But I feel like you are a victim of circumstance. If you had good competition you might think differently.

Also stop speaking in absolutes and saying things like competitive smash will make you unhappy. It's extremely arrogant. Humble yourself and do not claim to know the minds of those who walk different paths then you do.
Sorry about that. I don't believe humans are all that much of an enigma though. I believe that they are governed by a "human nature," that while not consistent, governs human behavior most of the time. In the reguard to competitiveness, I feel that people get good at competitive things to make the activity more fun, and ironically, it will often require work (which shouldn't be fun), and make the fun they do have more infrequent than before. I don't actually remember if I had more fun when I was good at smash or when I was bad, so I can't honestly say that what we tell ourselves is more fun, being competitive, is genuinely more fun. I only had fun when I could fight tough opponents in clever ways to win, and thus, I have and always will prefer items on FFA with only a handful of banned items and stages. That is the best way to take advantage of the player's weaknesses; it allows me to cause opponents to accidently hit eachother when trying to reach me, and lets me throw items straight up and throw opponents into them as they come down. Anyone who says FFA w/items isn't deep has never played it right.

Actually, it's very ironic that smashers worry so much about removing random elements when trying to compete. A nice sentiment that the best player will always win because of the removal of random elements, but severely and brutally limiting the amount of quick thinking to only factors known in advanced, with the only variable being how you and your opponent use the known constants of your respective characters and stages. It's less random, but it's also much less deep. Especially since one of the few useful general AT's requires having items to throw.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Does it bother you that much that other people don't have the same concept of fun as you do? Or are you just too dumb to grasp that simple concept?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
My .02$:

Just because I play "competativley" it doesn't mean that I automatically find "non-comptetative" things to be unfun. Mushroomy Kingdom is one of my favorite stages and that thing is banned from tourneys. You can't put blanket labels on people. Plenty of pro players probably like the occasional item match on Warioware, and plenty of casuals will sometimes play on Battlefield without items for a change of pace.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
First of all, you have to learn how to appreciate every game. Even if you own the **** out of your best friends, learn how to make it about the time your spending with them, not about the game. Talk during the match, joke around. Hell, cut loose and turn items on. A lot of the best players use a lot of these methods to keep the game fun when playing worse people.

It's an odd thing that I think has been particularly prevalent with the onset of Brawl: a lot of people who are new to the scene forget about the fun bits. They see these people who are very good playing the game a certain way, and think they must always play it this way, and they go to the other extreme. They don't realize that these people who are very good are still people, and they like to bust up occasionally, too. They think they have to be serious like the people who play at a high level, and they forget to be silly.

I think the thing that made me realize how wrongheaded it is to always be serious about this game was the series of FC3 Bowser Challenge vids. Honestly, those things are pretty uncompetitive.

Take note, too: at HERB, two guys didn't really care about the outcome of their matches, so they went FSes on high in a CF ditto. They had more spectators than the winners finals which were happening at the same time. So competitive smashers (at least in NC) know how to have a good time with this game, still.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Does it bother you that much that other people don't have the same concept of fun as you do? Or are you just too dumb to grasp that simple concept?
It bothers me that I don't know if I actually had more fun playing competitively or if I simply thought getting better = more fun without actually thinking about it.

My .02$:

Just because I play "competativley" it doesn't mean that I automatically find "non-comptetative" things to be unfun. Mushroomy Kingdom is one of my favorite stages and that thing is banned from tourneys. You can't put blanket labels on people. Plenty of pro players probably like the occasional item match on Warioware, and plenty of casuals will sometimes play on Battlefield without items for a change of pace.
I'm not sure if this was referencing what I said about FFA and items, but to be clear: FFA w/ items is much deeper than 1v1 no items when it comes to Brawl.

Reasons:

1. multiple item-based ATs
2. incredible necesity of mind-games to both avoid being singled out and to cause opponents to kill eachother when trying to kill you
3. Many more viable options and elements of gameplay
4. Effectively destroys camping by giving the non-campers a high probability of getting good items

Now I'm not saying we should have all invincibility stars, smash balls, and Dragoon pieces on high (in fact, I prefer turning those items off). However, both items and FFA open up dozens of possibilities that diversify gameplay. Such a suggestion wouldn't have been as sound in melee because items and FFA screw up combos and advanced tactics which in turn makes the game shallower, but in Brawl, there aren't very many combos and AT's to perfect; it's mostly about trying to get your opponent to screw up, get a hit or two in, and repeat. FFA increases the complexity of getting a hit or two in and trying not to screw up, and items actually add to the complexity of both mindgames and combos in Brawl.

Waza

Smash Apprentice
Darn. I dont think i have ever seen so much stupidity in one post before.

The entire professional Quake, Go, Chess, Checkers, Counter-Strike, Halo, Smash, Street Fighter and Starcraft says hi.
Can you even define 'normal'? If its something that a large percent of the population doesnt do then its not normal to...
Compete in games
Compete at all
Being a doctor
Driving expensive cars
Being registered at smashboards
Play Brawl/smash/anygamewhatsoever

I can go on but i hope you see the point. If its some other silly definition of yours then who cares what you think? You are here and have a load of posts so you are obviously more interested in smash than most people.

And its perfectly fine in sports but not in smash? Are you high? Winning is a very basic need for a huuuge part of the population. To be good at something. To be better than everyone else. To get recognition among peers.
Study some basic pshycology and find out for yourself.

Sex and sleep is recreational. And who said it takes the fun out of it to play to win?
Heck, why are you even here?
Read and learn. You are a scrub.

Welcome to the real world. Everything they learned back in 1850 is worthless today.
This applies to everything. You learn how program in Java. Sorry, your boss wants someone who can program in C#.
You learn how to drive a forklift. Sorry, your workplace just got new models out.
You learn all the ins and outs of a windows version. Sorry, microsoft just released a new version.
Please, cry less. Remind me of why you are here again.

Oh NOES! Smash is just like every other **** game ever created by man. Some things are better than others. Who would have guessed? Oh wait...

Yeah, and sprinters/athletes/footballplayers/hockeyplayers learns SO MUCH MORE!
And who the **** cares in what way it "should" have been played? The developers suck at playing their own game. Sakurai is such a huge scrub that i dont care what he thinks.
How games "should" be played is dictated by how players play them, nothing else.

I hate losing so i have a infinite better time learning how to wavedash so that i can do just that in games and win.
For the lulz is just a excuse for people that are bad at the game. Anything so that their little bubble wont have to burst just yet.

Now please go away and take you scrubby mindset with you.
This entire post by Bluebottel is made of win.

Competition is simple human nature. Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'm confused as to why there are this many pages on this thread. The answer is pretty easy.
Fun is relative.

Also... I may be wrong, but I don't think that a problem was specifically stated in the original post.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Darn. I dont think i have ever seen so much stupidity in one post before.

The entire professional Quake, Go, Chess, Checkers, Counter-Strike, Halo, Smash, Street Fighter and Starcraft says hi.
Can you even define 'normal'? If its something that a large percent of the population doesnt do then its not normal to...
Compete in games
Compete at all
Being a doctor
Driving expensive cars
Being registered at smashboards
Play Brawl/smash/anygamewhatsoever

I can go on but i hope you see the point. If its some other silly definition of yours then who cares what you think? You are here and have a load of posts so you are obviously more interested in smash than most people.

And its perfectly fine in sports but not in smash? Are you high? Winning is a very basic need for a huuuge part of the population. To be good at something. To be better than everyone else. To get recognition among peers.

Sex and sleep is recreational. And who said it takes the fun out of it to play to win?
Heck, why are you even here?
Read and learn. You are a scrub.

Welcome to the real world. Everything they learned back in 1850 is worthless today.
This applies to everything. You learn how program in Java. Sorry, your boss wants someone who can program in C#.
You learn how to drive a forklift. Sorry, your workplace just got new models out.
You learn all the ins and outs of a windows version. Sorry, microsoft just released a new version.
Please, cry less. Remind me of why you are here again.

Oh NOES! Smash is just like every other **** game ever created by man. Some things are better than others. Who would have guessed? Oh wait...

Yeah, and sprinters/athletes/footballplayers/hockeyplayers learns SO MUCH MORE!
And who the **** cares in what way it "should" have been played? The developers suck at playing their own game. Sakurai is such a huge scrub that i dont care what he thinks.
How games "should" be played is dictated by how players play them, nothing else.

I hate losing so i have a infinite better time learning how to wavedash so that i can do just that in games and win.
For the lulz is just a excuse for people that are bad at the game. Anything so that their little bubble wont have to burst just yet.

Now please go away and take you scrubby mindset with you.
This entire post by Bluebottel is made of win.

Competition is simple human nature. Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain.
I hope you don't think I lack the ability to compete. I only made this thread because I ceased having an interest in competing. It took years of being in the competitive mindset towards just about everything to realize that I reached a level where such a mindset was no longer healthy.

And that post that's made of so much win?

I dislike responding to people who have no hope of comprehending. It simply makes me angry at their ignorance. His post did not lead me to believe he could understand that there are very negative implications with becoming too competitive at anything, especially since he called my mindset scrubby and told me to go away. That indicates to me that he has no interest in hearing a responce anyway; he didn't ask for one, and his comment didn't need much responding to as a result.

Of course, sometimes I ignore posts simply because there are so many to respond to, so you shouldn't take it personally if i don't respond to a specific post.

Do you see the unhealthy psychological condition in this quote?

I'm confused as to why there are this many pages on this thread. The answer is pretty easy.
Fun is relative.

Also... I may be wrong, but I don't think that a problem was specifically stated in the original post.
Well, if you want a much harder question...

The problem therefore shows itself thusly: If one is to be good and practice anything, why on earth would it be smash?

Top Bottom