• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the coastal bend - zano is the last man standing.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Chapter 1: The adventure begins

So I begin, and my starter pokemon of choice was chimchar, who was nicknamed FOW. My rival Zork of course chooses piplup and challenges me to a battle on the spot. After almost losing the very first battle of the game, I didn't feel too confident about this challenge, considering it would get immensely difficult as it goes on, considering my beliefs prevent me from evolving pokemon. So, I go to see professor Rowan to get my pokedex, and shortly after Dawn showing me how to catch pokemon as if I haven't done this 20,000,000 times already, she gives me much needed pokeballs so I can begin this thing.

I arrive in my first area, thinking my first pokemon is going to be a bidoof, but I managed to find a starly first. This will be quite important as securing a flying type early on will pay off, as I will not have a chance for a while. I named the starly Justin, and continued on. I arrive at the first pokemon trainer you encounter, and man did it not go well. He managed to get a crit on FOW and get him down pretty low. I couldn't try to hope to kill it since it was using quick attack, so I had no choice but to switch out to justin. They exchange blows in starly dittos for a little while, and it gets down to this, my last chance. If I did not win with this hit, quick attack would kill Justin next turn and FOW the following turn, quickly ending my journey before it even starts. I put all my faith into Justin's next tackle, and sure enough he comes through for me and delivers the finishing blow with 3 hp to spare. I quickly rush to the nearest pokemon, and take the necessary precautions to make sure I don't have a close call like that again. It was gonna be a long journey.

Continuing on up to jubilife city, I get my poketech and move up to the area above the city. There, I encounter a shinx that I nicknamed El Campeon. It has intimidate, so I was happy, since that will be very heplful in this run. I then go up into the cave above and catch myself a zubat. If he manages to live long, he will be one of my best pokemon with poison/confusion hax. I named him Bokkie and continued back to Route 203. Unfortunately, I encounter another shinx in this new area. Not caring to name it, I just call it Madoka since it will be useless for now and sit in my party until I need it. I destroy Zork in our second encounter and arrive in Oreburgh city. I'll have to make sure I'm ready for the gym, so training will commence so I'm prepared.

Current Team:

FOW the chimchar lv 12

Justin the Starly lv 11

El Campeon the Shinx lv 11

Bokkie the zubat lv 8

Madoka the Shinx lv 4

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Chapter 2: Roark n Roll!

After arriving in Oreburgh city, I make my way to the mines to go find Roark. My pokemon encounter there was a geodude, which I got down to low yellow health and attempted to catch with no success. I decided to attack it one more time, since it wouldn't be enough to kill it, but sure enough, I got a crit and missed my opportunity at getting a pokemon in this area :urg:. Continuing on through the cave, I came to realize a VERY big issue after facing the trainers & wild pokemon in here. All of my attacks, with the exception of rock smash, are ineffective against rock types, and 2 of my pokemon are weak to rock, one of them being the pokemon that knows rock smash, which isn't good in the slightest. This made not catching that geodude even more drastic, as I was very low on options at this point. I made my way to Roark and he returned to the gym, while I made my way out of the mines. I had once chance left, the area right above Oreburgh city.

I had to catch this pokemon no matter what, so I made sure I had enough pokeballs and made my way there. In this area, there are two things I want, and one thing I don't want. What I really wanted was a machop, since he's a fighting type and I'd just breeze through the gym no prob. A geodude would be good too for his defense, but would require more strategy. What I didn't want, is a ponyta, because then I would be almost definitely ****ed. Now, while ponyta is not very common, I had to hope I didn't have Nike's terrible luck, so I headed towards the grass, and awaited my fate. Thankfully, it was not a ponyta, but it also was not a machop. A geodude was now before me, and I would not fail this time. I carefully attacked it, making sure I wouldn't kill it even with a crit, and in time, I caught it and named it Uber. Now, my plan for now was to raise this bad boy's level up to a point where he could hold his own against Roark.

I got him to lv 14 before taking on Roark, and had everything planned out. First up was Geodude dittos, this is the most important part of the battle for me. I start off with 2 rock polishes to make sure I can go before his onyx and cranidos, and with his geodude only doing 3 damage per tackle to me, I wasn't worried about crits. After being fast enough, I defense curled to the max, so his attacks were only doing 1 damage. I took down his geodude with a few rock smashes, did the same to his onyx, but made sure to heal before the finishing blow. However, after killing his Onyx, my geodude grew to lv 15, and little did I know, he learns magnitude at that level! This blew away any doubts I had about beating Roark, as I proceeded to get an 8 magnitude, wiping out his Cranidos in one blow. Uber did me proud today, and I expect big things from him in this run.

After beating Roark, I proceed back to Jubelife to take out the team galactic grunts that hassle Rowan and make my way to Route 204. My pokemon encounter here was bidoof, so I have secured my hm slave, very good. I named him Penta and proceeded towards Floaroma Town.

Current Team:

FOW the chimchar lv 14
Justin the Starly lv 13
El Campeon the Shinx lv 12
Bokkie the zubat lv 11
Madoka the Shinx lv 11
Uber the Geodude lv 16

Boxed:

Penta the Bidoof lv 9

Not putting terribly much priority on this, so it's coming out kinda slow. I'll see if I can get out a chapter at least every other day.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
you don't know any of that yet except supersonic and it misses 75% of the time.

Justin learned double team, he's now god tier.

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
wait a minute...confuse ray is a ghost type move :/
swagger would be your next best bet, as for double team, you're **** outta luck since its only obtainable through the game corner

Toxic
swagger
mean look
and i would say whirlwind, but seeing as how i cant learn it unless me and justin mate ;) only if we're opposite genders of course

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey Rei
when are you going to name a Pokémon after me?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
As soon as I find the name rater. I accidentally didn't name the deer after you.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
well, you're gonna be ****ing useless the whole game then since confuse ray is a ghost move.

I know who's gonna be my meat shield if I need to protect one of the good pokemon.

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
gym leaders dawg
and you never know, sometimes they might throw out a curveball at you, and switch
also i recommend trying to get a lucky egg for all your team at the pokemon mansion, make your leveling up so much easier
also FRANK
if you catch a buizel, or a floatzel, name it after me?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Welp, I suffered my first pokemon loss : (

I'll try to get out a chapter tonight/tomorrow so you can see who is dead.

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
nope, so i just derped and mixed up my genz >.<
in that case, name me after either
that mole with the clawz
that crocodile bandit thing

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
Since my computer decided to crash on me twice while typing up my Christian Nuzlocke challenge for Pokemon Red, the original. I'm not going to get detailed, I'm just going to go fast so it doesn't happen again.
-Pick Squirtle, Rival picks Bulbasaur
-3tail whips 2 tackles later I win
-goto viridian city without the map, since I'm bawss, decide to run from every battle since no pokeballs
-get the stupid parcel for Oak, probably some anal lube or something idk
-go back and get pokeballs, and find first patch of grass in route 1
-stupid ratatatatttaattatattatatata, I end up catching it, since it's still better than nothing
-named it useless
-back in Viridian City
-goto left of city and train
-I spot a Nidoran Male
-Catch it, and name it Dino
-I train all 3 of my pokemon to level 14 and defeat my rival with my useless ratatatatttaatat just to show how bad he is
I leave the city, and catch a Pidgey immediately, I was really thankful I didn't get another rat
-named him Birdy
-train him to level 14 like the others
-I'm about to head into the Viridian Forest...I'm just hoping I get a Pikachu
-I go into the grass, but nothing so far, fight a bug catcher, romp on him
-then I finally stumble into battle
-IT'S A MOTHERFUDGIN PIKACHU
-I waste 3 pokeballs trying to catch it, but I do
-I name it A$$hole

Reizilla

I wanna be a Diglett!

And I caught a Drilbur before you posted that, so I named him Shaya.

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
when i get a diglett, since its a sure thing, il name it after you
also im sorry to say dino has died from a team rocket radicate, stupid hyperfang critical hit >.> he was only 17 at the time

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
An update
Since I'm doing this on an emulator, I can move insanely fast
therefore I can train insanely fast.
It has it's ups and downs, since I'm more likely to make a mistake.
but as of now my team is as follows
I just beat Misty with Pika, too easy

:squirtle: 30
:025: 30
:039: 30 Named Jiggs
:016: 30
:041: 8 Named Zano, since I was his Zubat
:019: 15

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
You're gonna find zubat really ****ing useless atm. He learns astonish, which you can't use. Bite, which you can't use, and confuse ray, which you can't ****ing use.

Reizilla

Still gonna be useless.

My Pokemon aren't even lvl. 30 yet. Not fair :[

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
soooo in the SS Anne, my pokemon were weak, so i sacrificed Zano and Useless so I could beat gary,
now im down to 4 party pokemon and an extra lvl4 pidgey named pajaro in my box
i think im going to do fine :D

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
I was actually in the process of leveling you up :/
you were a level 24, if I catch another zubat/golbat it'll be Zano2

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
Where I last left off, I had just gotten off of the SS ANNE, I lost Zubat Zano, and Ratattataattaatatat Useless.
I decided to start training in the Diglett cave. That's where I met and captured Frank, the Diglett. While useless at first, he is sure proving himself as a crucial part of my team as of late. I trained everyone in my team to a cool level 40. Well ahead of any NPC's. I remember that there is a sleeping Snorlax on the other side of the town, so I do my best to try and remember to not get caught in any wild pokemon battles. I don't think I have to worry though, since its all water mostly. I go back to Cerlulean and I run into an Oddish, which isn't bad. Not that I'm gona use it, but for hm purposes, I needed a cut hm*****. I named it HM*****. Anyways, I go through the dark cave, without flash, since I'm a bawss. I run into a geodude. I named it Rocky. I put it in the box, it'l probably be a backup pokemon, or an hm*****. I get out of the dark cave pretty easy. I end up in Lavender town, but not for long, I head left and run into multiple NPC battles. I take them down with ease. I see a patch of grass, so I step in, no knowing what to expect. I see a Mankey. I kill it on accident Q_Q. Though this will not be the last time i meet with one. I go through the house tunnel thingy, and end up in Celadon city, right outside the city I encounter another Mankey, only this time, I catch it. It will stay in the box as a reserve. I named it M, after M for Monkey.
I decide to go buttf*** team rocket by destroying their secret gambling base. I get through it easily, with the help of Frank. I leave to go fight Erika, the stupid grass type trainer. I go in there and my team at this point is all level 40, except for Frank who is slowly rising up.

A$$hole :025: 40
Bokkie :007: 40
Bird :016: 40
Jiggs :039: 40
Frank :050: 33
HM***** :043: 13
I started all the matches with Frank, then switched in Bird, so he could finish it off with wing attack and gust, which was my strategy for each battle, and it worked. I defeated Erika with relative ease. Nothing so much as Bird being poisoned even happened.
As I leave, I realize that I skipped Lt. Surge, the 3rd gym battle, I didn't really care, since I can do it at any other time. Anyway, I head back to Vermilion city, and awaken the Snorlax with the Pokeflute that Mr. Fuji from Karate Kid gave me. I lead with jiggs and immediately megapunch him twice. He proceeds to rest. I megapunch twice again and while he's still asleep, I catch him. I named him Sexybeast for obvious reasons. I get him outta the box, to replace Bird temporarily, as he will be my 6th pokemon, since I have HM***** with me since I need it. I proceed to Fuchsia city. Still I forgot to battle Lt. Surge. I train Sexybeast and I catch him up with everyone else at level 40.
This is where Frank shines. Frank just recently learned Earthquake and is credit to team. He single handedly took down Koga and all of his other trainers. Thanks to earthquake and dig. After koga gave me toxic, I quickly set out to the Safari zone. I'm praying that I run into either a Nidorino or Nidorina. Since they will be useful due to their more advanced stats. I was also hoping for a Tauros, but I knew that wouldn't happen. I step into the grass in the first area...and nothing. It's not until I reach the second area where I finally meet with a pokemon. It was a Venomoth. I decided to catch it, since it's not COMPLETELY useless. I named it Bug. I find the gold teeth, and get surf and I'm outta there.
This is where I end off at today...err so far today. My team as of now is.

A$$hole :025: 43
Bokkie :007: 44
Jiggs :039: 41
Frank :050: 43
Sexybeast :143: 45
Bird :016: 40

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
welp, the pokegod hates me or something, it didnt save for some reason v_v
now im back to right after kicking erika's ***
so i have to train and catch snorlax again, i'l name it derk this time though

Reizilla

If Arceus hates you, then Arceus really loves me.

Went into Twist Mountain, wanted a 5% chance Cryogonal,

First wild Pokemon: Cryogonal >:]

He uses Aurora Beam and leaves Strong Bad (Deerling) with 6 hp. I use return and leave him with like 1 hp. Two ultra balls don't catch him and he decides to use Acid Armor instead of killing Strong Bad. Catch him with a Dusk Ball. Wahahaha!

Top Bottom