• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the coastal bend - zano is the last man standing.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
I am now a dedicated Mario main, new life has been breathed into this game for me. Undefeated vs Rei's Marth ^___^

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
I started watching it and its actually pretty good/interesting, i've heard good things about it from other fans of the show. There's a thread about power rangers on srk boards. Gonna finish Dino Thunder once im done, then see how Samurai is.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a couple of episodes of samurai seems ok. All the rangers look like models though, to pretty to fight and **** lol.

Only after zordon era season I watched and like was ninja storm though.

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So I'm doing a Christian Nuzlocke run through of Pokemon White.

A re-cap of my adventures:

Chapter 1-2-3: A Brand New Adventure... Almost

So I'm about to embark upon the most difficult Pokemon journey of my life. A Christian Nuzlocke challenge on Pokemon White, a version that I've only played once before. I'll be going into most places all but completely blind and will adhere to the following rules:

[collapse=Rules]
1. If a Pokémon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
2. You can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in a route / cave / town / area. If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough ****, you get nothing from this area.
3. You must nickname your Pokémon.
4. If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift, pokemon like Bill’s Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.
5. If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
6. You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use healing items outside of battle.
7. You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle.
8. Players cannot let their Pokemon evolve
9. Players cannot catch Dark, Psychic or Ghost Pokemon, nor can they use moves of those types.
10. Pokemon must be at least level 22 before they breed, and two Pokemon of the same sex cannot share a daycare center
11. If a player obtains an egg, it's their duty to keep it in their party and raise it until it reaches level 18
12. Legendaries are false idols and must be killed
13. Players cannot use fossils, and should ignore science labs whenever possible
14. Players cannot play at Game Corners and must avoid the benefits of narcotics like PP Up and Rare Candy
15. Players cannot catch Ekans, Arbok, Seviper, or Serperior and are advised to disregard their advice
16. If players do not follow these rules, they will be sent to the Distortion World and live with Girantina forever.
[/collapse]

At the start of my journey, I chose Oshawott, the water otter. My best friends Bianca and Cheren chose Tepig and Snivy, respectively. Bianca wanted to battle, so I though "LOL okay spam tackle all day."

I lost.

So I restarted the whole thing and this time, I spammed Tackle again and won. I proved that my first try was a fluke by spamming Tackle against Snivy and winning again.

The journey continues on and I opt to give the name "Lovelight" to Oshawott (per request). Blah blah blah boring cut scenes that I didn't even read, Professor Shouldbeinkitchen wastes route 1 by catching a Patrat or something.

In the next town, I give N(ike20) the **** with my Pokeslaves after he tries feeding me his hippy bull****.

I finally get to the next route and catch myself a Lillipup (thank God it wasn't a Patrat, or even worse, a Purrloin). Nicknamed her Leafsies. Do some training, get to Sariaton(sp?) City and go get the free Pansear (nicknamed Ten-Ten) over in the Dream place.

I challenge the Gym Leader, Cilan and send out Lovelight to fight his Lillipup. Once again, I opt to use my fool-proof strategy of spamming attack moves. Two Work Ups and a critical hit from Bite leave me with 3hp, while 3 Water Guns does the same for him. Since I'm slower, I'm forced to switch in Leafsies who tanks a bite and finishes him off. Pansear takes out Pansage without breaking a sweat.

After more story nonsense, and fighting trainers in the next route, an unexpected battle with Cheren provides another close call, this time with Leafsies. Before fighting the PLasma Grunts, I head to the patch of grass to catch a Blitzle (Geoberos). Then I catch a Roggenrola first thing upon entering the cave (nickname him Chair).

Blah blah blah, more story...

Get to the next town, go to Pinwheel Forest to hopefully catch a fighting Pokemon before having to face Aunt Jemima and her Normal-types. I was really hoping to catch a Throh, since I won't be able to evolve a Timburr. Also in the area are Tympole, Pidove and Petilil. I run into a Timburr. Catch it and name it Espy. Modest nature though :urg:

As of now, the only Pokemon I have that can survive a retaliate from the Gym Leader's stupid dog is Chair. So I'll probably train a few more levels and then head out to war.

Current Team said:
Lovelight - Lv. 16
Leafsies - Lv. 15
Ten-Ten - Lv. 14
Geoberos - Lv. 18
Chair - Lv. 17
Espy - Lv. 16
My team could've ended up a lot worse, so I'm feeling pretty good >:]

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a couple of episodes of samurai seems ok. All the rangers look like models though, to pretty to fight and **** lol.

Only after zordon era season I watched and like was ninja storm though.

All rangers look like that now, I saw pics of some people trying out for the 2012-2013 cast and they all looked model like hahah. If I was in shape and shorter id try out :(

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
we need to setup a play date, i really want to play with you guys D:
also, i have brawl downloaded, so i can go ahead and give the kingsville guys a copy, if you have an sdcard OR usb drive with 8 or more gbs

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Chapter 1-2-3

Chapter 4: Carrying On

After some level grinding, I finally feel ready to tackle Aunt Jemima. My plan is to send out Espy and Wake-up Slap her first Pokemon, hopefully OHKOing it, but if not, 2HKO. Then, switch to Chair to tank the Retaliate, use Iron Defense and then Rock Smash her second Poke to death.

Works like a charm. Everything went just as planned, except for her Watchog using Hypnosis to put Espy to sleep. Fortunately, Leafsies' Pick Up ability gave me a free awakening somewhere and I just woke him back up to continue the beat down. No big deal.

I was looking forward to catching a new Pokemon in Pinwheel Forest, until I realized that the area where I caught Espy was considered Pinwheel Forest :( Inside, the first trainer had a Munna. Unfortunately, I still had Espy first in my party. Not wanting to risk anything and being scared of crithax, I swapped, healed and yawned for several turns before finally getting a lucky crit to prevent it from healing enough to survive.

Eventually, I made it through the forest and crossed The Great Gate Bridge of Kiev and arrived in Castelia City where the current plan is to head to the battle office place and get a Pokemon up to lvl. 23 so I can repel through the Desert Resort entrance and hopefully get that 10% chance to catch a Sigilyph.

Current Team said:
Lovelight - Lv. 19
Leafsies - Lv. 19
Ten-Ten - Lv. 18
Geoberos - Lv. 22
Chair - Lv. 21
Espy - Lv. 20

Top Bottom