• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Before even thinking about Paper Mario they'd have to factor in Little Mario. You know, the one he is in Super Mario World before you hit a Mushroom. XD

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Who needs fruit? We have candy!

*offers some in nearby shady, beat up van*

DQP

Smash Ace
who did i want

ridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridley

but did we get him? no!

ah well. at least he's an sse boss

Meneks

Smash Lord
..I was thinking about people from sony being in brawl and the first thing that came to mind was ratchet for the ratchet and clank series

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
but it's not what we have, and therefore it's not Brawl. Many people come to this forum to try and read about Brawl, and I don't feel they should have to sift through so much of this kind of content in order to reach actual Brawl information. Is it possible that these discussions could take place in the General Discussions rooms?

Frodnonag

Smash Cadet
Krystal as well, Megaman/ Megaman antagonist, Shadow and or Knuckles and or Tails, Eggman/ other Sonic antagonist, Black Shadow (so that Ganon wouldn't have to be a clone), Ganon w/ new moveset, K. Rool, possibly young Zelda/Tetra, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr. (could use shadow mario as final smash), Dark Samus, Midna, Spyro (if he's been on a Nintendo system; I've only played his PS1 games) and Bomberman (if a good moveset could be devised). Hopefully no one will get cut next game (the more characters the merrier!)

Who the hell is Geno? ...

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
There is no point at all for this board. The game is out and all characters that Sakarai wanted to be in the most are in the game.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
IMO Isaac, Megaman, Black shadow, Ridley, Lip, and Claus all would be higher on my list than Toon link, Ness, Falco, Olimar, and GandW
Isaac, Black Shadow, Megaman, Lip, and Claus over Olimar? What are you smoking?

P.S. Krystal sucks. Ridley is the only one who deserved to get in but didn't.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I might have said before, but the only one Im truly sad about not making it is K. Rool

Other than that, the ones that deserved to get in are the ones that are in. ROB deserved a spot more than many of the others suggested. he saved video games. he should have been in before Mario lol.

But yeah, I got Olimar, after that, it didnt bother me WHO got in. Except maybe Lip.. I did NOT want Lip, sorry Lip fans.

Also, why are we making threads like this? The game is out, it'll do no good. Oh well.

/end rant.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There is no point at all for this board. The game is out and all characters that Sakarai wanted to be in the most are in the game.
Oh, lighten up. It's just somewhere for us to speculate what could have been, just like the threads that were made before the game was out. These are message boards, let people have their fun.

Again, Paper Mario, Krystal, K. Rool and Isaac would have added fresh movesets. I would've loved them.

Dinh

Smash Rookie
"Alas, poor Sheik! I knew her, Horatio: a lady of infinite KOs, of most excellent tier ranking; she hath won me the match a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at it. Here lie those moves that I have used I know not how oft. Where be your f-tilt to fair combos now? your needle edge guards? your edge hogs? your flashes of attacks, that were wont to set the stage on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?"

Oh god, I lol'd.

At any rate, anyone who played a Starfox game after 64 needs to be examined for dementia. When you grew up memorizing levels of SNES Starfox you don't need this "new character" crap or "Fox getting out of his Arwing" foolishness. Anyone who advocates Krystal is a furry. Admit it. I want to wash my hands just TYPING that name.

On topic:
Joe. He would be crazy-hard to implement, and he's a 3rd party character, but he appeared in a handful of games for GCN. Ridley would be cool, but honestly I'm not all that disappointed in his absence. I don't care about Geno. Lack of Megaman was a letdown, as was additional rep from F-Zero and Metroid.

Henshin a-go-go, baby, yeah!

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Isaac, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Megaman, Krystal, Claus, Ridley, Black Shadow, Black Knight, ACrosser or Mii (yes flame all you want), Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario

12 Characters that had a strong chance didn't make it. For what, still with the clones? WTF is up with this!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I simply want Krystal because she'd be a new moveset for a classic franchise. She wouldn't have a reflector, laser and random flying fire thing. She'd have a staff with already preset moves from the one game you can use it in: Starfox Adventures. I like Wolf better, but I would like Krystal's potential as a fighter better. (but I see your point. never google image search Krystal. ever.)

Here's what she could have:

B: Fire blaster (short, exploding balls of fire, not a laser)
B>: Freeze (kinda of like the Ice Climbers' move)
B^: Rocket upwards
Bv: Either a shield like the other SF characters, or a short range Earth Quke, like DK's ground pound
FS: She jumps on a cloudrunner and lines up on the edge of the stage, shooting fireballs in a different fashion than Snake's or Yoshi's FS

^that's why I want her, not because I enjoy yiff. Oh, and her staff would make her attacks look interesting, and she would fight like a sword-wielder. Those are my favorites.

Before I finish my assessment, my ranking of the top ten most deserving characters in SSBB (not taking into account if other characters, like Wolf, were dropped)...

10. Claus
9. Bowser Jr.
8. Midna
7. Balloon Fighter
6. Takamaru
5. Mewtwo
4. King K. Rool
3. Advance Wars representative
2. Little Mac
1. Ridley

Bowser Jr.
Midna

MDupont

Smash Cadet
Playable:
Mario Series - Toad, Daisy
Yoshi Series - Kamek, Baby Mario & Luigi, Bowser Jr.
Dr. Mario Series - Dr. Mario
Donkey Kong Series - Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Wario Series - Ashley, 9-Volt
Zelda Series - Midna, Skull Kid
Kirby Series - Rick
Metroid Series - Dark Samus, Sylux, Ridley
Animal Crossing Series - Villager (Male/Female), Tom Nook, Blanca
Earthbound Series - Pokey
F-Zero Series - Samurai Goroh, Super Arrow, Jack Levin
Golden Sun Series - Isaac, Felix
Fire Emblem Series - Roy, Micaiah
Star Fox Series - Krystal
Pokemon Series - Mewtwo, Plusle & Minun
Panel De Pon Series - Lip
Balloon Fighter Series - Balloon Series
Sonic Series - Knuckles
Tomato Adventure Series - Demille
Mysterious Castle Series - Takamaru
????Forgot Name??? - Donbe
Drill Dozer Series - Jill
Advance Wars Series - Andy, Sami
Soma Bringer Series - Welt, Idea
Custom Robo Series - Ray 01
Mario RPG Series - Geno, Mallow
Mega Man Series - Mega Man

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'd take every other character I oppose: Megaman, Bowser Jr., Ashley, Dark Samus, Daisy, Paper Mario, Toad, Tails, and all 200 of those generic Fire Emblem characters if it meant that Krystal wouldn't be in the game. That's how much I don't want her in the game. I'd take Monkey D. Luffy or Sasuke over Krystal. The AMERICAN versions.

If Blaziken, my favorite character in any video game (besides Peach, Luigi, and Sandbag), and most requested character was going to be in the game along with Krystal, I'd be willing to remove them both.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
This is where you post what characters shouldve made it. it doesnt matter if not everyone agrees or if has been said already just post your character.

mine is Krystal.

excuse me, I'm just a little confused, the title says characters that deserved to be in. How can we measure if a character deserved to be in or not? it seems very subjective from person to person.

Darkslash

Smash Master
excuse me, I'm just a little confused, the title says characters that deserved to be in. How can we measure if a character deserved to be in or not? it seems very subjective from person to person.
yea he's right. I mean geno,Ridley,Krystal and megaman became Insanely popular beginning 2007. And that was after Sakurai supposedly finished the Roster

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai considered almost all of these guys, because most of them ended up as assist trophies, pokeballs, or bosses anyways.

Waluigi (Assist trophy)
Tingle (Assist Trophy)
Little Mac (Assist Trophy)
Lyn (Assist Trophy)
Samurai Goroh (Assist trophy)
Ridley Mutha****as! (Boss/ Cut assist trophy)
Krystal (Taunt... I don't really like her much, but she did deserve a shot.)
Isaac (Assist Trophy)
Ray 01 (Assist Trophy)
Mewtwo (WTF Sakurai?)
Some other Pokemon (Either Deoxys or Meowth: Both Pokeballs)
Sukapon
Geno
Bomberman
Megaman
An original character, maybe Taboo or Something

And hell, he hasn't had a game in ten years, but if Brawl had come out of the SNES, he would be a top third party pick: EARTHWORM JIM! Thought I guess he hasn't really deserved to be in since Earthworm jim 3d...

15 additional characters (and Jim)... OMFG SMASH 4 ROSTER PREDICTED!

Edit: O yeah, and Claus would have been cool too, make that 16 + Jim.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Taboo can be playable in the next game... he's WAY too "off" of a character to include in this one. We already have
the Ancient Minister
as a playable character (warning, that's a real spoiler)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
*No other character deserved it more than Mewtwo. At least he had gotten in at one point. I love Lucario, Pokemon Trainer and Pikachu, and Jiggs wasn't going anywhere, and I KNOW it makes zero sense to have FIVE Pokemon characters to Mario's four... I don't care. Mewtwo's exclusion hurts me.

*Geno is owned by SqareEnix. SMRPG is one of my most favorite games of all time, but the difficulties are apparent and real when it comes to third party involvement. Honestly, I'd rather have Mallow anyway. Geno was awesome, but he had no personality. I guess that WAS kinda his personality, but... yeah. It was not to be.

*Ridley is almost too savage and evil and HUGE, I wouldn't want him wimped out and shrunk. I love his character too much. SSE did him justice, anyway.

*Krystal got ousted by Falco, but whatever. They did a great job on making Wolf a new character. Krystal, as much as I like her... well, about the time she showed up, Star Fox got lame-o. I never liked her until Assult, anyway. The only reason people liked Falco so much was because of Melee, but that's fine. Sakurai did a good job with the space animals this time.

*Midna would have been cool, but I love what Sakurai did with Toon Link. Granted, he would have been cooler with a Deku Leaf up B, but still. Nice to have one Zelda guy not from Twilight Princess. This coming from a guy who adores Midna, too.

In the end... Mario, Pokemon AND Zelda all coulda used another character, but whatever. Brawl is here and Smash 4 is only a dream away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom