• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I really believe that the best thing Nintendo could've done for this game in terms of characters is make it as balanced as possible, having aproximately the same amount of characters from each series... For example, they should have put more DK characters and having put Sonic, they allowed themselves to offer a bit more (Knuckles, Shadow?!) Also, balanced in the sense that there should have been aproximately as many antagonists as protagonists, which would have made the story mode even better (King K Rool, Mr Robotnic, Ridley, Waluigi, Boo, etc.) Mega Man would also have been epic

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
But a FE Villain could be good, I guess. It's just that not alot of them are memorable.
Like the entire cast, for example?

And no, Sonic was just enough. After all, they gave Shadow rep, showing that Sakurai had the worst intentions for reping Sonic in mind.

I shouldn't even mention what a crime it was to replace Mewtwo with one of the lamest Pokemon ever.

Fool's Gil

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd Irving-Tales of Symphonia-There's not enough RPG's on the Gamecube, and none as quite as fun or deep.

Rival Trainer (Blue)- Can't have a Pokemon battle with only one trainer, right?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Rival Trainer (Blue)- Can't have a Pokemon battle with only one trainer, right?
It's probably what they're gonna do but with the latest generation pokemons. I think that's one of the best ideas yet. Grats sir, in my opinion, you just had the best suggestion in the thread.

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
Ive got a few thoughs on this,
We saw snake why not lara croft?
Redident evil has been on nintendo consoles for a while could be ace to see a main charactacter from any res game in there.
Or vincent from Finalfantacy with a moogle as a support character. What do you think?

rpo

Smash Rookie
L (death note)? Tabuu? Primid? RPO? there is too many! Oop I forgot :mad:! Go Ragey Smile! Mad Emoticon for brawl!

Specifically, series are what this game needs more of, not Bowser Jr. or Lyn.

For new characters, the most deserving characters aren't in a franchise - the only truly deserving character is Ridley (if he can find a way to make him work) and Samurai Goroh (F-Zero is the only franchise originating in SSB with one character only). The ranking of most-deserving would have to be...

4. Andy
3. Samurai Goroh
2. Ridley
1. Little Mac

smashbot226

Smash Master
Like the entire cast, for example?

And no, Sonic was just enough. After all, they gave Shadow rep, showing that Sakurai had the worst intentions for reping Sonic in mind.

I shouldn't even mention what a crime it was to replace Mewtwo with one of the lamest Pokemon ever.
May I just say, my friend, as a Pokemon fan: I AGREE.

These new Pokemon are so gosh darn ********. They all look like cyborgs with spikes and stripes...

And I think Sakurai added Sonic in as a poor fighter, last minute plot device, generally bad music selection, and relatively little representation so he could:
SHUT THOSE SONIC FANBOYS UP.

And they'll do the same with Krystal, unless that Trip-Wise *** grows some cajones and is brave enough to replace that furry icon with NO backstory, a "weapon moveset" that hasn't been seen of in two games, and if they can clone Falco; they can clone Krystal.

I'd prefer Leon...

My picks:

Bowser Jr- WHY OH WHY IS HE NOT IN THIS GAME? Oh right, because Masahiro Sakurai is making it.

Paper Mario- Sakurai is totally NOT a biased internet troll that feeds of the hate of the internets and totally makes his series over-represented in EVERY way possible.

K. Rool- Yeah, so he's a bit on the unoriginal side, so what? A crocodile character hasn't been done yet, and he's got quite a few guises to rely on for another moveset.

Mask Link- IMHO, anything is better than that waste of space Toon Link. I mean, I wanted him in, just- NOT LIKE THIS.

Ridley- Again, I think Sakurai is jealous because his series is less successful than Metroid and has to BAWWWWWW to his Kirby Plush about it.

Kamek- An unsung hero- or is it villain? Anyways, Kamek; an ideal rep for the Yoshi series due to:

1. His magic dependent moveset could pave way for an interesting character.

2. He was the "Father" to the now pissed off Bowser, King of Koopas.

3. Since there are so many viable Mario reps, all of them interesting choices, Kamek as a Yoshi rep would be like getting a Fast-Pass ticket through a thirty billion hour long line.

Leon- Okay, the one from STAR FOX, not RE4. WHY??? Here's WHY:

1. He'd round out the cast expertly; two heroes and two villains.

2, He's a series favorite among their fans, being the only LIKABLE villain on Star Wolf (Panther Carusso is a waste of space pretty boy.).

3. He's a sly chameleon assassin. It'll be hard to clone him or at best LUIGIFY him. He'd have quite the fluid fighting style...

Black Knight- The latest villain to the FE Series. A wonderful villain in clad armor and a giant sword that's also INTERESTING is hard to come by. BK is just that.

Now a common argument is about his Blessed Armor. Now, Ike's sword, Ragnell, is blessed as well. Technically, it should F*CKING OBLITERATE EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

But, it doesn't. And BK's moveset would be pure unadulterated awesome.

Megaman- Same reason as every other sane person with this dude on their list.

There's others, like Animal Crosser, Bomberman, and Black Shadow, but I'm brain dead right naow.

majora_787

Smash Hero
May I just say, my friend, as a Pokemon fan: I AGREE.

These new Pokemon are so gosh darn ********. They all look like cyborgs with spikes and stripes...

And I think Sakurai added Sonic in as a poor fighter, last minute plot device, generally bad music selection, and relatively little representation so he could:

And they'll do the same with Krystal, unless that Trip-Wise *** grows some cajones and is brave enough to replace that furry icon with NO backstory, a "weapon moveset" that hasn't been seen of in two games, and if they can clone Falco; they can clone Krystal.

I'd prefer Leon...

My picks:

Bowser Jr- WHY OH WHY IS HE NOT IN THIS GAME? Oh right, because Masahiro Sakurai is making it.

Paper Mario- Sakurai is totally NOT a biased internet troll that feeds of the hate of the internets and totally makes his series over-represented in EVERY way possible.

K. Rool- Yeah, so he's a bit on the unoriginal side, so what? A crocodile character hasn't been done yet, and he's got quite a few guises to rely on for another moveset.

Mask Link- IMHO, anything is better than that waste of space Toon Link. I mean, I wanted him in, just- NOT LIKE THIS.

Ridley- Again, I think Sakurai is jealous because his series is less successful than Metroid and has to BAWWWWWW to his Kirby Plush about it.

Kamek- An unsung hero- or is it villain? Anyways, Kamek; an ideal rep for the Yoshi series due to:

1. His magic dependent moveset could pave way for an interesting character.

2. He was the "Father" to the now pissed off Bowser, King of Koopas.

3. Since there are so many viable Mario reps, all of them interesting choices, Kamek as a Yoshi rep would be like getting a Fast-Pass ticket through a thirty billion hour long line.

Leon- Okay, the one from STAR FOX, not RE4. WHY??? Here's WHY:

1. He'd round out the cast expertly; two heroes and two villains.

2, He's a series favorite among their fans, being the only LIKABLE villain on Star Wolf (Panther Carusso is a waste of space pretty boy.).

3. He's a sly chameleon assassin. It'll be hard to clone him or at best LUIGIFY him. He'd have quite the fluid fighting style...

Black Knight- The latest villain to the FE Series. A wonderful villain in clad armor and a giant sword that's also INTERESTING is hard to come by. BK is just that.

Now a common argument is about his Blessed Armor. Now, Ike's sword, Ragnell, is blessed as well. Technically, it should F*CKING OBLITERATE EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

But, it doesn't. And BK's moveset would be pure unadulterated awesome.

Megaman- Same reason as every other sane person with this dude on their list.

There's others, like Animal Crosser, Bomberman, and Black Shadow, but I'm brain dead right naow.
Add Geno to that list and you win the thread. I'm sorry but this pretty much sums up all of the INTELLIGENTLY popular characters, I can't ignore it.

I want Meta Ridley, and maybe Dark Samus. I would ask for Sylux and Ghor too, but...that's pushing it I think.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Ive got a few thoughs on this,
We saw snake why not lara croft?
Redident evil has been on nintendo consoles for a while could be ace to see a main charactacter from any res game in there.
Or vincent from Finalfantacy with a moogle as a support character. What do you think?
Because the creators of those series around about to blowjob Sakurai. I'm actually glad they aren't, actually.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Krystal and Lyndis deserved in, simply due to Brawl's lack of female characters. I could eaisly imagine their movesets

Other than that I'd say Tails, and... Dr. Mario!

Roihu

Smash Ace
Dr Mario doesn't deserve in. They put him in Melee for the lulz.

Er, did someone just say that Kirby is over-represented? Yeah, fifth most successful franchise from Nintendo having three characters is such over-representation.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
Ridley and the Masked Man. Jeff would've been interesting instead of making him an assist trophy.

I never got what was so special about Geno.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dude, the Sonic music rocks, even to this day Sonic the Hedgehog 1 has one of the greatest soundtracks in a video game ever >:O

smashbot226

Smash Master
Er, did someone just say that Kirby is over-represented? Yeah, fifth most successful franchise from Nintendo having three characters is such over-representation.
Not to mention two stages, some of the BEST soundtracks in the game (Checker Knights, Legendary Dragoon, and Gourmet Race to name a few.) THE MOST amount of Stickers of that franchise in the game, or at least I'm pretty sure of it, two of the three characters are at LEAST High Tier, and even Kirby is Mid, those characters in SSE are definitely the most important to the story, SSE is completely Kirby Adventure based, as are the enemies and the three non-series related bosses, etc etc etc.

Have I proven my point?

Krystal and Lyndis deserved in, simply due to Brawl's lack of female characters.
I'd rant about Krystal's so called importance to the series, but my previous post on the previous page covers that.

Add Geno to that list and you win the thread.

That's like adding Elincia from FE 9 to Brawl for the EXACT SAME REASONS.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Isaac should have been in it, no questions asked. I don't care if the head guy at Camelot has to suck Sakurai off.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Krystal would have been an awesome choice for Brawl.
And I'm no Sonic fanboy, but Tails should've been in.
He has a WAY LESS annoying voice than Pit, and he can fly.
Not only can he fly, but he's a Fox.
FOXES RUN FAST.

And before you say "We've got one Fox, why another?", think.
We have several humans, why more?
Because more is NOT LESS.
More is MORE than less.

All in all, Sakurai should've spent LESS time on Masterpieces (BUY THE REAL THING, MAKES THINGS A WHOLE LOT EASIER), SSE (Not that great of a story, could've thrown in some better stuff), stickers (I don't even need them), stages like 75m and Mario Bros (Seriously, they're hardly good for just having fun), and spent more time on the characters, as in making Snake less Psychokinetic and making our beloved Melee left-behinds reappear.
I would also love, I don't know, a DIFFERENCE in Final Smashes!
Do we really need three Landmasters, two light arrows, and 3 similar combo-to-deaths?
YES, according to Sakurai logic.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Nectro post
Necro post
That's like 2 necros in a row, ****it people.
I'm up for giving infractions to everyone who necro posts. We seriously don't need a thread where people BAAAAAWWW about their favorite characters not making it in the Brawl roster (especially when they don't give reasons why they should have been included).

Do not post in here, we have a complaint thread for this...
If other users continue to post here, then this thread needs to be locked (since you can't trust other users to keep from posting in spam/stupid/pointless threads, M I RITE moderators?)

Roihu

Smash Ace
Isaac should have been in it, no questions asked. I don't care if the head guy at Camelot has to suck Sakurai off.
Just wanna say that he doesn't need to.
Isaac was actually published by Nintendo. Nintendo has all rights to put him in Smash Bros as far as I know...

~rh

Smash Lord
Just wanna say that he doesn't need to.
Isaac was actually published by Nintendo. Nintendo has all rights to put him in Smash Bros as far as I know...
That's what I thought. Oh well, he's not in, really doesn't matter anyways...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Crash Bandicoot!

also refering to pg 29. whoever said Bowser Jr. is a genius. whoever said Sora, well, isn't. i love sora but he has way too many abilities. ;o

hmm...give Toad his own character. Imo the Mario ppl can have a bigger representation than they do already coz the name is pretty much based on them anyway. but yea, Toad would be fun. maybe conker.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You can complain about who didn't make the cut in the non-ancient, stickied complaint thread. Or talk about their hopes in the SSB4 thread.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom