• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
im really pissed that goku and sephiroth didnt get in stupid fsckin sakura
Krystal,K.Rool,Mii,Waluigi,Bowser Jr.,Mega Man,Mii.......BUT GOKU? no way.....Goku wont be in brawl.....EVER! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anoshmo

Smash Rookie
It would be cool if Krystal was in Brawl, but I was actually looking forward to seeing an MPH hunter (especially Weavel). I saw the trophy list though, and Krystal and the 6 other hunters were on it, but it didnt mention assist trophies...O_O....they still might have a chance being in the battles.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
Metroid which is one of the series that brought Nintendo to where it is today .. i thought that this series would of earned another spot but guess not. Maybe Sakurai felt it was represented well enough and had already decided that our dragon friend would be a boss, not leaving room for much as far as main characters go. Of course if I talk about representing core Nintendo series I would also have to mention DK. Though up until this game both of these series only had one representative each so I am very thankful that they each had at least something added. Being able to start as ZSS def. makes me happy. It would of been a true waste not to be able to access her without getting a smash ball. This way you have the option to play as samus and zamus or just one. While we all have particular gripes about the roster I still think it is alright. I like wtf characters and balance. I think it will add to the experience. What I'm hoping is that people who don't like some of these characters change their attitude once they actually get to try them out but eh here's to hoping.

Machete

Smash Ace
Ridley and Samurai Goroh deserved it the most. Metroid and F-Zero deserved another character.
Mewtwo deserved to be back.
Another Mario, Zelda and Fire Emblem character.
King K. Rool, DK deserved another character.
Isaac and Megaman, and maybe Ray (from Custom Robo), deserved it.

Fox, Falco and Wolf are fine as the SF reps. Although Krystal deserved it, both Falco and Wolf deserved it too.

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who doesn't see what's so great about Geno? It's like people are taking their love of Super Mario RPG and placing it on a character from the game who really wasn't that great.

Oh, and the correct answer to this question is Simon Belmont: Konami already agreed to put a character in, why not another; Simon was a playable character alongside Snake in a Smash Bros. ripoff (Dream Mix World TV Fighters); his moves would fit Smash Bros. perfectly; his music would fit Smash Bros. perfectly; his levels would work perfectly as Smash Bros. stages; he could easily contribute several fitting items and assist trophies from Castlevania; he was practically an honorary Nintendo character in the NES days.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I count zero suit samus as a metroid rep.

I know shes the same person but in tournaments specifically switching between them probably wouldn't happen and she is roster selectable

So for me metroid has 2 reps, another female one at that, which brawl desparately needed.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
A topic about characters that should have made it by a member named, "KrystalRules".

Lawl.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Claus, Geno, Megaman, or Sora. I knew Sora wasn't gonna happen he was just one of those one in a million chance characters, Geno and Megaman are also 3rd party so I wouldn't mind if one got over the other or if none got in as long as Claus got in. I got my hopes up to see him since Sakurai and Japan loved Mother 3 a lot and when I saw Lucas in and the no clones thing going around I was sure Claus was gonna get a spot since of popularity and the chance to make a great moveset. Oh well though they are somewhat clones at least Ness is back in.

TomatoGod

Smash Rookie
1. Ridley. I dont even feel like i should have to justify the indignity of making him non-playable. Link has ganondorf, mario has bowser, fox has wolf... *sigh*....

2. Mewtwo. Im sorry Lucario fans, but quite honestly theres really no way to justify practically replacing mewtwo with lucario. Mewtwo was one of the original pokemon, far more iconic in my eyes, and had about as much going for him as lucario. In fact the only thing he didnt was the fact that he was old, and lucario was new. I could live with Lucario in the game, but hes about as good a mewtwo substitute as Tofu is to meat: still tasty, but just not the same.

3.Bowser jr. I know adding him would have probably pushed the number of mario reps way over the limit, but still.... he could have been awesome. Oh well, theres always mario galaxy....

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac, for sure.

Being an AT actually makes things worse. :(

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Well, that's true to some extent. It was R.O.B. that got people interested in the NES and Super Mario Bros. in the first place though (at least in North America). Nobody wanted to try and sell a video game system because of the video game crash of the early 80's...so nobody was interested in the NES. However, Nintendo got creative and used R.O.B. so they could pass the NES off as a toy, and not a gaming system. If it wasn't for R.O.B...a lot of people wouldn't have even bothered with the NES, thus they would have never even been able to give Super Mario Bros. a chance. So really, it was both R.O.B. and Super Mario Bros. that saved gaming. R.O.B. got people to give the NES a chance, and then Super Mario Bros. took it the rest of the way.

That's why there's only two games for R.O.B. Once he served his purpose, Nintendo was done with him for good.
sadly thats wrong...ROB only was an advertisement that failed...yes he came out as a toy but Super Mario Bros. literally saved the WHOLE gaming industry.

and i forgot Mewtwo. out every character that got cut he is the one that didnt deserve it.

Sadly Geno deserved a spot.

Krystal was said to be the new comer with best chances but didnt make it. Starfox is a good enough game to have a female rep. Seriously i love wolf is in the game but he was always just a side boss.

Ridley could've been amazing(not as good as Krystal, though) he would've been an aquired character making him fun.

Bowser Jr. just because he has been in so many different video games its not even funny!

Isaac or Micaiah would have been good just because Fire Emblem deserved a rep with their new game that just came out.

There are only three characters that truly deserve inclusion.

Ridley.
Little Mac.
Andy.

End. These are the three most logical choices, maybe a third DK character is the fourth, but these are the indisputable top three.

Xx KeNoH xX

Smash Rookie
Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil.

He would of been similar to snake in gameplay, but a different move set.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
There are only three characters that truly deserve inclusion.

Ridley.
Little Mac.
Andy.

End. These are the three most logical choices, maybe a third DK character is the fourth, but these are the indisputable top three.

Troll much?
It's fun to throw down your opinion as fact.
While really, character's deservingness is both opinionated and irrelevant. Many different characters would have added to Brawl's variety based on fighting style, which is the only real important thing.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Isaac, Takamaru, Ridley, Krystal, Geno, Micaiah, Dark Samus, Midna

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
For me, it's Micaiah, Mewtwo, Krystal, Ridley, and King K. Rool.

But it's nothing to gripe over. I got Metaknight, Wario, Diddy, Jigglypuff, Sonic, Ike, and Wolf, so I'm happy.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the official roster discussion thread still around?
Idk if someone has already responded to this, but, yes, the official roster discussion thread is still around. Search for it; it's there.

I agree. This thread is pointless and will die off in a few weeks/days anyway. Please close this thread.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun. Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun.

I can't say it enough... A Golden Sun character should be playable and not an Assist Trophy.

Sides that Cluas would have been cool. If Rare was still owned by Nintendo then Banjo and Kazooie would have been nice. Travis Touchdown would have made a nice third party addition. So would Mega Man and Zero. Tails would be cool. (As a side note for an assist trophy idea: Think back to Sonic 3. Remember Sonic's boss fight for Marble Garden/Stage 3? Apply to Brawl...) Knucl;es would be cool. Paper Mario would be freaking GREAT. Koops or Kooper would be nice. Miss Boo would smack a fool. Hector of Fire Emblem and Lyn should be playable. Krystal would be cool, I have to agree. Blaziken should be in. Mewtwo should have returned. Ridely should be playable. I really want to fight as a Goron, a Deku, and especially as a Zora. Dixie would be nice to play as. F-Zero should have got another rep on the roster.

Course, I think there should be at least 2-3 reps for every Nintendo franchise but whatever. THe more characters the better.

But would really want to play as Felix, Paper Mario, Krystal, and Blaziken if I had to narrow it down at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom