• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuuzball317

Smash Apprentice
Two characters I'm glad didn't make it were Felix and Issac from Golden Sun, they suck...

Other than that, I would have liked to see outta realistic characters K. Rool, and Megaman

It's only truth.

Does FE warrant a second rep before Metroid? Or before Punch-Out!!, a very old franchise that has been extremely popular? Or the spiritual predecessor to FE, the Wars series?

Let's look at the choices for which characters for which series, third parties excluded.

Mario:

Bowser Jr. - The most likely rep for the Mario series, what with each and every new game in the series featuring him, as well as him getting a trophy in Brawl.
Paper Mario - Would be a secondary choice.

If we get one Mario character, it'll be Bowser Jr. Remember, we're not discussing third party involvement, as it brings in far too much complication and discussion. Paper Mario has a good chance of being a secondary choice, and characters like Daisy and Waluigi have a chance with a revised moveset. However, a character like Toad, possibly paired with Toadette, has a good chance as a secondary character as well.

Pokémon:

The fan favorite of the fifth Pokégen - Self-explanatory. Pikachu was the fan favorite of gen one, Pichu of gen two, Lucario of gen four (and anyone from gen 3 was already outdated by the time Brawl was to be released).
Second Trainer - Unlikely.
Mewtwo - Very possible, with the alloted time to revise him.

One slot is guaranteed for whomever is most popular next gen, and I believe Mewtwo will make a comeback. Pichu is doubtful, and another Trainer may diminish the original Trainer's originality, although his originality may have been diminished by then, anyway.

The Legend of Zelda:

Tingle - Possible, it depends on Sakurai's opinion and how many games he gets in between Brawl's release and SSB4's.
Midna - Unless Midna appears in a sequel to Twilight Princess and her role is just as significant, I don't think she has a chance, as her role will become diminished over time.
Vaati - Villain of three different games, an unprecedented feat for anyone besides Ganon himself. Role in the game depends entirely on future roles in the series.

The problem with Zelda is that there are only three universally important characters, and Toon Link, a very important version of Link. Tingle and Vaati have the best chance of being a secondary character if Zelda gets any new reps at all, especially when Sakurai will (hopefully) unclone Ganondorf and Toon Link.

Kirby:

Waddle Dee - Probably the most likely Kirby rep, but not a likely rep on the whole. With the many variations of Waddle Dee, he has moveset potential.
Rick - The star animal friend, and could very well be like Kirby, where he uses his versions of the moves Kirby finds in Dream Lands 2 and 3. However, the animal friends aren't terribly well known, thanks in most part to them not having a role since the SNES age.

Kirby has pretty much the representation that it needs. There are only two more characters that may warrant being in - Waddle Dee and Rick. Rick suffers from not being current in a current series, thus lacking notability to the average gamer. And Waddle Dee, while having a major role in Kirby 64, may be considered too generic. So overall, don't be surprised if we're done with new Kirby reps.

Donkey Kong:

King K. Rool - Considering his popularity, I would bet money that he's in. However, I believe that he's in not first place in "need" to get in.
Dixie Kong - Considering her popularity, I would bet money that she's in. ...Well, to be exact, one of them at the very least. Dixie Kong may get in by the fact that she was in the beta as a fighter, she may not get in for being just another Kong, losing out to K. Rool, or she may get paired with Diddy, a possibility Sakurai must have thought of at one time.

The DK series is not high priority to get a third rep - for instance, I would hope that Sakurai puts a second rep for Metroid and a second rep for F-Zero in before DK - but after those are done, I wouldn't expect less than a third DK rep. The only problem is that Sakurai may notice DK's dwindling popularity and quality, and hasn't had one single original traditional platformer since the N64, although DKJB is indisputable a great game, a great game which sold far too poorly, although that may be because people do not like the idea of playing it with the bongos.

Metroid:

Ridley - Probably the #1. character that deserves to get into Smash 4 the most. Not only because of his importance to Metroid, but because of Metroid's importance to Nintendo, while yet lacking two unique characters (not talking movesets, but talking about unique entities).
Dark Samus - It's definitely a possibility, but if Ridley does not get in, DS probably will never get in. Even if Ridley gets in, Dark Samus must get a new game within Brawl's release and Smash 4's release, and hopefully will, although the Prime series seems to be done for.

The Metroid series has gotten the kick in the *** when it comes to the roster, and I worry that Sakurai may overlook Ridley again. However, I think that Sakurai may agree that Metroid finally needs a second unique character, and Ridley's the best pick, and would be more unique and usable than anybody else. Even if he's the biggest character by far, did we complain when Bowser became the biggest character? Even if Ridley is really effing huge, it would make him unique, and they wouldn't have to make him God-like.

Star Fox:

Krystal - Maybe. While I definitely wouldn't react negatively to it, it almost seems redundant. First, Sakurai needs to declone Wolf and Falco, or at least drop one of them. If he makes original movesets for the two, Krystal may be unnecessary or prove to be too much representation for Brawl. If one is revised and one is dropped, however, that may be a whole 'nother story.

Really, Star Fox has excellent representation - the only thing I would like to see is at least one of them decloned. If, say, Wolf became his own character while Falco remained a clone (or vice versa), I could probably see Krystal in. If Wolf was dropped and Falco decloned (or vice versa), Krystal NOT getting in would be an injustice.

Wario:

Mona - The series is popular, and I think that Sakurai, if he makes Smash 4, definitely has someone from the series that has a chance. Mona has a great chance for her priority in the series, and being an early character, she's often easily recognized by anyone who plays the series.
Jimmy T. - Now, Jimmy T. would be a humorous character, what with his animations and attacks, although I suspect that his attacks may seem a bit out there and hard to make feel unique.
9-Volt - Would be a great Smash mascot let alone a Wario mascot, and could feature moves based on classic NES games (imagine him being able to summon Balloon Fight balloons as his Up B, using Dr. Mario's pill as his B, throwing a Duck out as his Smash B, and a Punch-Out uppercut as his Down B).
Kat & Ana - A good duo character, and a good sword wielder. Her AT appearance gives her notability, as well as evidence that Sakurai must think she deserved that spot.
Ashley & Red - Two simple reasons - the music helped boost the idea that Ashley had a chance, and her magic abilities. Although, her younger age compared to Mona, Jimmy T., Kat & Ana, and 9-Volt hurts her chances (by age, I mean age in the series).

There's many choices, but from what I can see, it goes (worst chance to best) - 9-Volt, Ashley, Kat & Ana, Jimmy T., and Mona. However, don't read too far into this - Wario may never get another rep, but it definitely has a chance at it.

Yoshi:

The only character in the Yoshi series that really warrants an appearance is Kamek. Would have a decent moveset without too much manufacturing, but it's questionable if Yoshi really needs a second character, especially when it's so connected to the Mario series.

Animal Crossing:

It all depends on how his perception changes - if he continues to believe that a character should have SOME fighting history, then no one. However, he may stretch the character inclusion criteria and let a character such as K.K. Slider, who could feature attacks based on his music.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
A Link to the Snitch is the people that keep this thread alive. basically this thread is to pay final respects. once all have been paid the thread will die...

Good job Link to the Snitch i enjoyed reading that!:bee:

lol Spyro would have been fun so would Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank! lol

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Animal Crossing:

It all depends on how his perception changes - if he continues to believe that a character should have SOME fighting history, then no one. However, he may stretch the character inclusion criteria and let a character such as K.K. Slider, who could feature attacks based on his music.
Agreed in the sense that AC really should have a rep. I'd prefer Tom Nook over K.K., but to each his own.

But, er...you forgot about Claus on your list of SSB4 necessities. :(

tshahi10

Smash Ace
mewtwo should not be in. he is not very significant anymore, and a small percent played him.
also, he is lucario with a diffy skin

people who deserved to get in imo

young link with the mask transformations and fd as fs.

most chars need to be decloned, rather than just adding more chars.

brawls characters suck

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Midna *sighs* Well, we can try a seqeul, but that's going to be hard. >.<

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
How can one person be more deserving than another? That makes no sense, to say geno or krystal should be in brawl and someone like yoshi or diddy kong shouldnt be in. None of us create video games and i doubt any of us will. Someone will always be complaining, I am very sorry that your favorite character isn't but if everyones favorite character could be in then Brawl wouldn't have as many game modes. Lets just live with this brawl and th next brawl game you can do this again. This game is made and we can't do anything to change this roster...
Peace

NNNP

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Isaac is an AT Ridley is a very hard boss, Sukapon? Wolf Link and Midna are not known (they may be a trophy). Like Geno said if he was not going into brawl he'll blow up Japan....
A Cookie to get the reference (for whoever can)

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Isaac is an AT Ridley is a very hard boss, Sukapon? Wolf Link and Midna are not known (they may be a trophy). Like Geno said if he was not going into brawl he'll blow up Japan....
A Cookie to get the reference (for whoever can)
Your speaking about Smash Kingdom

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
someone from Tales of Symphonia would've been awesome.

Lloyd, Sheena or Kratos would've been awesome, or at least maybe an AT? ):
Yea I was hoping to see a Wolf Link/Midna transformation.

I mean Zelda has a transformation, why not use Link's? boo. Maybe as a Final Smash?

Ichida

Smash Ace
Geno isn't in smash brawl, and Ive ben waitin for 3 years for this game so I wont bye it. Bye.
Wow. Stupidest reasoning ever. I was pissed about Geno, too, but it's not stopping me. What a lot of people don't realize is that Geno is actually owned by Square Enix, since it was their game that created Geno in the first place.

Fox Rox

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Stupidest reasoning ever. I was pissed about Geno, too, but it's not stopping me. What a lot of people don't realize is that Geno is actually owned by Square Enix, since it was their game that created Geno in the first place.

Around that topic... Who owns Krystal?

Black/Light

Smash Master
How can one person be more deserving than another? That makes no sense, to say geno or krystal should be in brawl and someone like yoshi or diddy kong shouldnt be in. None of us create video games and i doubt any of us will. Someone will always be complaining, I am very sorry that your favorite character isn't but if everyones favorite character could be in then Brawl wouldn't have as many game modes. Lets just live with this brawl and th next brawl game you can do this again. This game is made and we can't do anything to change this roster...
Peace

NNNP
QFT.

Really, these are not living things that act on their own. . .they are models and data. People should stop putting them on pedestals, saying non-living balls of data deserve something more than what the creator of this game gave them.

Theres no use going on about should-haves and what-ifs . . . it's not going to change anything.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Why are people saying Geno, Midna, and Krystal are deserving?

They aren't at all. I guess they're cool, even hoped for Geno and Krystal because they would be cool as playable, but they're in no way deserving.

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool.

...not even an AT? So I guess a blue devil no one's heard of and Dr. Wright that no one cares about are more deserving than the main villian of the DK series, huh Sakurai?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Geno isn't in smash brawl, and Ive ben waitin for 3 years for this game so I wont bye it. Bye.
You won't "bye" it? Wow. I didnt know Bye is a verb now.

****ing man up. The smash series never had a perfect roster. Where was Wario in Melee?

Be glad at who you have in Brawl now. There has to be atleast a new comer you find interesting..

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Isaac and Isaac alone. I think Ridley and Krystal were good characters, but I didn't care for them too much. Geno was , imho, a random and un-reasonable suggestion. Did he have any recent games, no. Is he a classic character (Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit), no. Was his in-game role sginficant...to an extent. How many games did he appear in...one.

I know for certain I'm going to get flamed by this, but why did people all of a sudden start liking Geno?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
King K. Rool.

...not even an AT? So I guess a blue devil no one's heard of and Dr. Wright that no one cares about are more deserving than the main villian of the DK series, huh Sakurai?
K.Rool is important (I guess), but he isn't...the most... desirable character. Besides, Dr.Wright and the Devli are classic, original, and nostagiac.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Isaac and Isaac alone. I think Ridley and Krystal were good characters, but I didn't care for them too much. Geno was , imho, a random and un-reasonable suggestion. Did he have any recent games, no. Is he a classic character (Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit), no. Was his in-game role sginficant...to an extent. How many games did he appear in...one.

I know for certain I'm going to get flamed by this, but why did people all of a sudden start liking Geno?
I agree wholeheartedly on the Geno thing. I never understood it from the start. Oh, and Ridley would be sweet, but I have no idea how he could have been added to be honest. I think Zero was the only usable second Metroid representative. Hey, at least the game has 3 levels now, right?

Mine:
Paper Mario, K. Rool, Krystal, Isaac, Black Shadow, and my own personal favorite idea, Majora's Mask Link, complete with Deku, Goron and Zora masks to transform into and a Fierce Diety final smash.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Not to insult your opinion, staindgrey, but a character like Majora's Mask Link isn't the most deserving.
Oh, I know. He was in one game. Plus, there are already 4/5 Zelda rep's anyway. I just really, reeeeeally wanted to play with him. Plus, with that Young Link still around, Toon Link could've gotten WW-ized, don't you think?

Anyway, seriously, I don't know why I haven't seen more people put him down, but Paper Mario is very deserving. Yes, he's still "Mario" I suppose, but he would have a completely different moveset, plus he'd have weight and abilities closer to G&W. He'd be original, and he'd be starring for a very successful series of games that have spanned 3 generations of Nintendo consoles. I'd give him the nod over most every other deemed deserving character, even K. Rool, but that's only because he'd be just another overweight bad guy. We've already got Dedede, Bowser and Ganondorf.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This topic is one of the most discussed, and overused type of thread.
Staying on topic, the mushroom kingdom should have had a fifth represenative. Mine was Bowser Jr., the Scrappy Doo of Mario. :chuckle:
Baby Bowser? Eh, I guess... But here's the real deal: Paper Mario. Close enough, right? Seriously, am I the only one that thinks he would be perfect for this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom