• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
This is where you post what characters shouldve made it. it doesnt matter if not everyone agrees or if has been said already just post your character.

mine is Krystal.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i had many in mind lol, but i could really care less about them now that marth's back

mainly black shadow/deathborn from f zero ,k k rool, waluigi (at sigh)

lol my friend was soo longing for krystal

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
if you wanted to go to Nsider 2, you should have taken that right turn in albequrqi

maian

Smash Apprentice
im really pissed that goku and sephiroth didnt get in stupid fsckin sakura

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
There are lots of characters that would be awesome in Smash Bros none really dserve to be in it ther are those who we would like to see over others eg i would like to see Geno over Krystal but that doesn\'t mean Geno deserves to be in over Krystal it\'s just my opinion so ya there are lots of characters i would love to see in Smash Bros and who know in the next smash they might be in it we\'ll just have to wait and see.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
im really pissed that goku and sephiroth didnt get in stupid fsckin sakura
I f***ing lol'd.

But seriously, these "what do you like" or "what do you want" threads never go anywhere, especially since the game already came out. It's not like anyone actually reads anyone else's post or actually engages in discussion.
Everyone just puts in their meaningless two cents and leaves.

in b4 I see what you did there.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Krystal, MegaMan, Isaac, maybe Sora, Sephiroth (ultimate bad guy), Cloud (cloud vs link?) ... we havent heard the last of these guys yet

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Krystal, Isaac, Ridley, K. Rool, Claus, Geno. I don't think that any of these deserve it more than the other, and they don't really deserve it more than anyone else that's already picked. I just think that these are characters that I wouldn't have been surprised to see, and wouldn't have minded seeing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Too many to list. I might as well put up my dream roster.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
Dark Samus
Ridley
Mewtwo
Krystal
Bowser jr/Shadow Mario
Megaman
Black Shadow
K. Rool
a female Fire Emblem rep would have been nice as well

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Takamaru, Ridley, K. Rool, Claus, Mewtwo.

There's ton of characters that deserved to be in. Same with the previous games, but we're just gonna have to settle with every roster we have and what to come, in which deserving characters will be added.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Ridley deserved to be in because Metroid could do with a second rep. I have the same opinion to any other F-Zero character going. I would have liked K.Rool in there too, and Mewtwo. But I got Olimar, Dedede, Wolf and Diddy from my list so I can't complain too much.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
Krystal, Isaac, Ridley, K. Rool, Claus, Geno. I don't think that any of these deserve it more than the other, and they don't really deserve it more than anyone else that's already picked. I just think that these are characters that I wouldn't have been surprised to see, and wouldn't have minded seeing.
Quoted for TRUTH! The only one I don't like out of the list is Krystal, but she deserved a spot as well. I can't believe all these characters got the shaft...

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
King K Rool/Megaman/Krystal [SSB Need More Female Characters To Balance It Out!]/Claus/Ridley

Shuma

Smash Hero
The only characters that i'm pretty sure desserved a spot on brawl, are Mewtwo, Krystal and Ridley.

K. Rool, does deserve a spot in Smash but not in brawl.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Krystal
Geno
Ridley
Mega Man
King. K. Rool

Those were my top 5 most wanted characters. I didn't expect all of them to get in, but I was shocked when not a single one of them did. And I think just about everyone expected Krystal to be playable...even the people who don't like her.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
*looks at sig*

Yeah, you've definately been brainwashed. Super Mario Bros saved gaming, not Stack Up. If Stack Up had been the only game that had gone with the NES, it would have failed miserably, period...

Well, that's true to some extent. It was R.O.B. that got people interested in the NES and Super Mario Bros. in the first place though (at least in North America). Nobody wanted to try and sell a video game system because of the video game crash of the early 80's...so nobody was interested in the NES. However, Nintendo got creative and used R.O.B. so they could pass the NES off as a toy, and not a gaming system. If it wasn't for R.O.B...a lot of people wouldn't have even bothered with the NES, thus they would have never even been able to give Super Mario Bros. a chance. So really, it was both R.O.B. and Super Mario Bros. that saved gaming. R.O.B. got people to give the NES a chance, and then Super Mario Bros. took it the rest of the way.

That's why there's only two games for R.O.B. Once he served his purpose, Nintendo was done with him for good.

J0™

Smash Apprentice
Pico, Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow from F-Zero.

couldn't care less about Geno & Krystal tbh, and Mega Man = wtf/lol >.>

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, that's true to some extent. It was R.O.B. that got people interested in the NES and Super Mario Bros. in the first place though (at least in North America). Nobody wanted to try and sell a video game system because of the video game crash of the early 80's...so nobody was interested in the NES. However, Nintendo got creative and used R.O.B. so they could pass the NES off as a toy, and not a gaming system. If it wasn't for R.O.B...a lot of people wouldn't have even bothered with the NES, thus they would have never even been able to give Super Mario Bros. a chance. So really, it was both R.O.B. and Super Mario Bros. that saved gaming. R.O.B. got people to give the NES a chance, and then Super Mario Bros. took it the rest of the way.

That's why there's only two games for R.O.B. Once he served his purpose, Nintendo was done with him for good.
Keep in mind that Super Mario Bros was an enormous success in the arcades too so ROB's influence is minor at best. ROB was packaged with the NES so that store owners would actually display it in the US but a vast majority of people still bought for Super Mario Bros. That's why later down the road, it was sold with the NES along with Duck Hunt and why sales for Stack Up and Gyromite are hardly even on the charts.

@ the above:

The arguement didn't end up being right because Olimar being resized countered the too big/too small arguement. They made him big in order to go along with how all the bosses are freakishly huge. For example, Pokey/Porky machine's is definately not that big in Mother 3 and Petey Pirhanna defiantely wasn't that enormous in Super Mario Sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom