• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The CEO: Dreamland discussion thread

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
TDK TDK Dabuz would be the better match-up. Raito has set wins over Atelier and Yuzu and went Game 3 last stock/Last hit vs Kirihara

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
The Rosa / Duck Hunt matchup isn't that bad for Duck Hunt at all. That said, I would still of course favor Dabuz to win it.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Glad to see Mega Man and Duck Hunt doing really good this tournament. Esam and 6WX doing good too.

Does anyone have a link to the bracket?

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
The Rosa / Duck Hunt matchup isn't that bad for Duck Hunt at all. That said, I would still of course favor Dabuz to win it.
It's not that bad. It's way better than most of his other top tier MUs (Bayo, Cloud, Sheik, and Fox)

the only bad thing in the MU is being juggled, cuz Uair disjoints through Can trades, Nair, and Dair

DH can kill Luma consistently, spawn Can as soon as it is Gravitational Pulled, and Gunmen cant be GPulled.

It's still a losing match up, but its doable. According to the DHs that are there, Raito prefers to face Dabuz bc he has Kirihara practice and the Sheik MU is worse

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Captian Zack :4bayonetta2:3-2 Blank :4sheik:

This MU is looking like it may really be arpund even given Zack's recent track record . Bayo's y advantage and jank factor seems to be pretty crazy in the MU and it seems ito even it out despite all the advantages Sheik has.

Oh yeah this will be another major Zack managed to place higher than Salem.

I think the only tfue to determine who is the Top Bayo at this point is for both of them to go at it in a best of 3 set grudge match.lol.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
6WX showed some of the best attrition he's ever done so far in his Sonic play. If ZeRo didn't land that lucky DAir in Game 5 this could easily have been his game.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
That was ****ing disgusting

EDIT: For those of you who weren't watching the second stream (Don't, the commentary is really bad), Captain Zack timed out Static Manny once and ran the timer throughout the set with Bayo's insane planking game.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Zack is on a Losers Run warpath .But now he has to face Void to get into top 8 and that is going to be a tough hill to climb. Planking ain't likelygoing on work on Sheik

Last edited:

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
That was ****ing disgusting

EDIT: For those of you who weren't watching the second stream (Don't, the commentary is really bad), Captain Zack timed out Static Manny once and ran the timer throughout the set with Bayo's insane planking game.
What's the link for the second stream?

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that Dabuz always hits a dead end whenever he encounters a decently strong :4cloud: player? This also gives me TBH 6 flashbacks.
Because along with MK, Cloud is the one matchup she unquestionably loses... and Cloud is such a common character.

That said, Dabuz made several crucial and avoidable mistakes that set. It wasn't the best version of Dabuz. Even with that, he brought it to game 5. If he had played a bit cleaner he definitely could have had it.

Also give credit to Mr. R. Apparently he trained in the matchup with Kirihara for many many hours.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Because along with MK, Cloud is the one matchup she unquestionably loses... and Cloud is such a common character.

That said, Dabuz made several crucial and avoidable mistakes that set. It wasn't the best version of Dabuz. Even with that, he brought it to game 5. If he had played a bit cleaner he definitely could have had it.

Also give credit to Mr. R. Apparently he trained in the matchup with Kirihara for many many hours.
But isn't Kiri god-like at the :4cloud2: MU though?

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
6WX... man, dude was playing so well. I wanted this for him, but damn.

I need to give the Sonic dude some props in the Competitive Impressions thread.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Gonna call it right now:

Raito is conditioning Dabuz to Gravitational Pull so he can press advantage later when his back is to the wall.

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
Top 8

Winners Side

TSM ZeRo :4diddy: vs PG ESAM :4pikachu:
NRG Nairo :4zss: vs Elevate Mr. R :4sheik::4cloud2:

Losers Side

DNL Marss :4zss: vs RNG Dabuz :rosalina:
CLG VoiD :4sheik: vs Samsora :4peach:

Last edited:

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I didn't elaborate on the matchup before because chaos pretty much covered it, but that set perfectly illustrated the Rosa / Duck Hunt matchup.

Coming from the Rosa perspective, the neutral is annoying as hell and it can be very difficult to get an opening. Rosa is forced to approach and there's no clear way to rush in. Rosa has no good answer for the gunman. Spacing out with things like jab doesn't work well for her in this match up, so she's forced to play out of her comfort zone. Luma's going to die a lot thanks to the can.

But it is possible to play evasively and wait for Luma to come back. And once she gets an opening she absolutely bodies Duck Hunt. Being above Rosa or being offstage against Rosa is not a pretty situation for Duck Hunt. And that's what still keeps the matchup in Rosa's favor.

Last edited:

my_T

Smash Journeyman
People blaming Raitos loss on rage?! The real culprit here is clearly Rosa's Uair. The move kills dumb early even without rage, is ridiculously disjointed, and has a disgustingly low FAF considering the other two properties of the move. I'm honestly surprised this move hasn't been nerfed.

And people said/say this Rosa and ZSS is overrated. SMH

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
If it wasn't for the fact that you don't always have Luma, I'm convinced Rosa's up air would be the best move in the game.

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
People blaming Raitos loss on rage?! The real culprit here is clearly Rosa's Uair. The move kills dumb early even without rage, is ridiculously disjointed, and has a disgustingly low FAF considering the other two properties of the move. I'm honestly surprised this move hasn't been nerfed.

And people said/say this Rosa and ZSS is overrated. SMH
I'm one of the few Rosa mains who has maintained that Rosa is easily top 5 from the very beginning and never wavered on that. I've followed the chatter around Rosa since 2014 and from the early days of Smash 4 people have gone out of their way to try to say how she's falling off / overrated / just not that great. It never made much sense to me.

If it wasn't for the fact that you don't always have Luma, I'm convinced Rosa's up air would be the best move in the game.
Rosa's up-air with Luma is hella broken. But there are definitely other strong contenders for best move in the game - Cloud's U-Air, Bayo's Witch Time, Corrin's Side-B, MK's dash attack come to mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom