• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The CEO: Dreamland discussion thread

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
This weekend, the first national since Civil War takes place. It features a lot of american top talent, a decent chunk of the PGR, and Raito from Japan.

Stream Schedule: https://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-watch-ceo-dreamland.447010/

Upsets:
Ookami :4megaman: 2-0 MVD :4diddy:
PK Kid :4ness: 2-1 Mr. E :4marth:
Dandy Penguin :4duckhunt: 2-1 Mew2King :4cloud2:
Karna :4sheik: 2-0 Day :4lucario:
Dandy Penguin :4duckhunt: 2-0 Day :4lucario:
Rideae :4pikachu: > Saj :4bayonetta2:
Raito :4duckhunt: 2-1 Dyr :4diddy:
Raito :4duckhunt: 2-1 ANTi :4cloud2: :4mario:
Blank :4sheik: 2-0 Tweek :4dk:
ZD :4fox: > Fatality :4falcon:

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
FBC Ookami :4megaman: 2-0 PG MVD :4diddy:

Already starting with the upsets in pools.

NNID
User7a1
PK Kid :4ness: 2-1 Mr. E :4marth:
Kid up against Ookami in WFs of their pool. MVD vs Mr. E in loser's, so one of them is not making it out of pools.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Either Mr.E or MVD won't make it out of pools.

OK

They also play in losers Quarters.

Also, M2K did not forfeit. I swear if he is on PGR again Ima flip.

MR.E is out to MVD.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Dandy is one of the few good DHD out in the U.S. he's PRed second in NC but he doesn't travel much. The only other U.S. DHD I can can think of is imhip in Socal

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
I wonder is DHD has things that make the MU allright for him. So far DHD seems to be one of the "lower tier" characters that has an pretty decent track record vs Cloud.

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Dandy is one of the few good DHD out in the U.S. he's PRed second in NC but he doesn't travel much. The only other U.S. DHD I can can think of is imhip in Socal
There's also Ozone in the Midwest, but I think ImHip plays Olimar more than Duck Hunt these days.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
ImHip only ever used Duck Hunt as a secondary, but he was regarded as the best american Duck Hunt for quite a while.

NNID
User7a1
Dandy Penguin :4duckhunt: eliminates Day :4lucario: and is currently in loser's top 48.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I would like to know how this upset happened considering that DHD takes longer than average to kill and Lucario is... you know Lucario.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
According to the bracket, Promaelia :4corrinf: eliminated Mew2King :4cloud2: 2-0.

EDIT: Oh, and Rideae :4pikachu: beat Saj.

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Raito:4duckhunt:>ANTI:4mario::4cloud2: 2-1

Game 3 is why you don't let DH go T&C. He can kill on that stage at a decent %.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I thought Cloud Nair was really good in the DH MU. Didn't see ANTi use it much.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
It's kinda funny and sad just how hard Duck Hunt has to work 100% of the time to be effective. And how sad his killing power is. I was watching Cloud survive easily at 180...Against a Duck hunt with 80% rage. I know Duck Hunt won, but through sheer player prowess it felt like. Duck Hunt would go minutes to get them to 180 (without taking much damage mind you) then slips up once and gets killed to Mario's uair at 120.

So much respect to Duck hunt players with that level of patience.

Last edited:

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
It's kinda funny and sad just how hard Duck Hunt has to work 100% of the time to be effective. And how sad his killing power is. I was watching Cloud survive easily at 180...Against a Duck hunt with 80% rage. I know Duck Hunt won, but through sheer player prowess it felt like. Duck Hunt would go minutes to get them to 180 (without taking much damage mind you) then slips up once and gets killed to Mario's uair at 120.

So much respect to Duck hunt players with that level of patience.
DH can kill a lot earlier, but Japanese dogs havent been incorperating his advanced kill options yet.

Back Throw/Grab release -> reversed Can -> UAir kills at 85-110

Ftilt/Dtilt -> far away reverse can -> Uair kills at that percent too

Grab release -> bullet hitbox of Can -> Up Smash

You can even kill as low as 60 near ledge if you can explode Can and Dair into FSmash

With that said, never take DH to Town. Once youre past that high double digit percents, he really has to nickle and dime you. He can get you to 80 really quickly and KO you with smart Can use on Town

EDIT: Reverse Can is when the Can sends the opponent back to DH. This can be done depending if the Can is facing DH or by Dash attack/Bair/weird Nair hitbox

Last edited:

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I thought Cloud Nair was really good in the DH MU. Didn't see ANTi use it much.
It is. That and funny enough, Dash Attack, are huge roadblocks in that MU (and UAir cuz DH cant explode Cloud with a Can trade on landing). They stuff out DHs projectiles, aerials, and tilts. Dash Attacking DH with a Can in the middle true combos to DH too.

Nair swats away Can super easy. Forces DH to keep it grounded

Fenny

Smash Ace
6WX 2-0 Cpt. Zack

Outplayed by 6WX game 1, outplayed by Lylat ledges game 2

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Blank :4sheik: beats Nicko :4shulk:, 8BitMan :4diddy:, and Tweek :4dk: back to back to back to make it out of pools winners side.

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
told you guys that matchup is horse****. Tweek got smothered and didn't leave disadvantage more than 3 times that entire set.
Tweek :4dk:0-2 to Blank:4sheik:.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Not too surprised, the guy is a lab monster in his videos and played the DK sheik MU optimally

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Haven't heard of Blank much till now, it sounds like he's a good contender to win this tournament..And Sheik will win her first major since idk, pre patch era.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Who the hell is PK Kid and how is DHD doing so hot?
Raito is the best DHD and he did study Dyr and Anti a lot before the event. Anti in particular had no idea how to play against DHD, both in his tweets asking for help and how his Cloud didnt abuse NAir.

Dyr did better than the two (great use of DTilt to pressure Can). That was a nail biter set. The Diddys that are left in the event should be taking notes on that counterplay in case they play against Raito.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Sharpy still in the tournament?

Top Bottom